Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
The Punk Tape Is Real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
what a loving fever show, whew :)

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Tbh I moved on from all of the tape business. I just don’t care.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Dango Bango posted:

CM Punk is now 0-3 in nationally televised fights

:lol:

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Should have called him Corporate Officer #1

zoinks

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
we got a luther yelp. it's been so long

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
https://twitter.com/JO3_Live/status/1778232777101525461?t=yzNUWFxl52Ma2KV7C-iQrw&s=19

Well that went swimmingly in the arena

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

animated because it was such a good shot lol

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
That was a fun dynamite!

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Ivypls posted:

the best part of them showing the tape is that it ends all speculation regarding the tape

:hmmyes:

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

loving idiots everywhere

Malikov
Jan 25, 2015
Tonight AEW got TNA'd.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
So many places I have seen people are defending punks actions or saying AEW put him over. I don’t see how you can defend him in this case because 6 words pushed him over the edge that is the thinnest of skins.

Ultimately this entire situation just sucks :sigh:

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Spiffster posted:

So many places I have seen people are defending punks actions or saying AEW put him over. I don’t see how you can defend him in this case because 6 words pushed him over the edge that is the thinnest of skins.

I agree, princess bubblegum from the hit television show adventure time

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Spiffster posted:

Ok but what if I'm also the sort of person who wants to fight my coworkers? Pretty sure I can defend him then

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Hey is it just me or did the Jericho plot beat that happened tonight feel like hookicho should have been in existence for much longer for hook to behave that way

Like I get hook having Jericho on a short leash but this felt like Jericho had been repeatedly messing up and tonight was the final straw for hook, despite they’ve only teamed twice now?

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
It's more reflective of how long people have been feeling Jericho has been a heat vampire than Hook's direct interactions with Jericho

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

rotinaj posted:

Hey is it just me or did the Jericho plot beat that happened tonight feel like hookicho should have been in existence for much longer for hook to behave that way

Like I get hook having Jericho on a short leash but this felt like Jericho had been repeatedly messing up and tonight was the final straw for hook, despite they’ve only teamed twice now?

Jericho hit the boosters on his heel turn this episode, possibly because he correctly sensed that audiences had no real attachment to LionHook and are completely uninterested in even entertaining the idea of face Jericho right now, so that might feed into how you were feeling.

I actually thought the Hook stuff was mostly consistent; he went into the partnership saying "Look I know who you are and how you behave" so it's not really out of line for him to be fed up the moment Jericho starts acting lovely and costs them a match

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
That’s all true and fair, I just felt it was kind of a funny little aspect of it worth noting. Imagine in six years when someone comes back to see what world champ hook was doing when he was on the come up and there’s mention of junglehook, hookhausen and lionhook and each one is like… two or three matches at most

Ed: I wonder if Jericho kinda wanted to do this angle with Sammy Guevara, that fell apart, then Takeshita, that fell apart, and he couldn’t even get a sniff of ospreay before ospreay was earmarked for the top and so he is just doing the “nobody trusts Chris after a lifetime of betrayals, even the young lion is he legitimately trying to coach to greatness” angle with hook since he is who is closest at hand

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
I will agree that Junglehook disappearing was an utterly bizarre decision by AEW

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Jericho has been heavy handed from the go with Hook which leads to a much faster burn than his usual stories. Very welcome for me. This isn’t a story that needs 6 months to tell.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Jericho wanting to do that angle with Sammy makes a lot of sense. They seem to have done at least 2 false starts for something between them before it got dropped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ganso Bomb posted:

Jericho has been heavy handed from the go with Hook which leads to a much faster burn than his usual stories. Very welcome for me. This isn’t a story that needs 6 months to tell.

The pacing is all hosed up

And yet, I really don’t need to see three months of Jericho and hook farting around with who will gently caress up first and make the other lose a big one

So yeah I can deal, that’s for dang sure