Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

EvilBeard posted:

Really it's just gonna matter if it works or not. If Cousins' doesn't stay healthy and Penix has to play and plays ok, no one will remember it as a huge reach.

This is every draft pick, it’s still worth laughing at in the meantime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Grading drafts is fun and stupid. If you don’t take it seriously you can have nice things like the draftermath thread. If you take it seriously you end up with tweet spreadsheets indicating where the content creator plans to plant their next pipe bomb, as seen above. Anybody with a pulse knows you can’t assess these things until a few years later (or six months later in Isaiah Wilson’s case lol.)

To me, the interesting part of the spreadsheet is basically normalizing the grades by using a larger sample to get a general idea of how analysts feel teams did with process/evaluation. Whether it translates to the team success is more of a dice roll and chaos.

Back to AFCS business, Colts 2024 AFC South Champions. Have the banner ready.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I was traveling for the entire draft so didn't get to partake in any posting about it and I have no idea who any of the players the Texans drafted are so whatever. Don't love that the first player they picked has been described as being a bad athlete but with a good understanding of the game though!

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Intruder posted:

Don't love that the first player they picked has been described as being a bad athlete but with a good understanding of the game though!

They drafted Tom Brady?

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

EvilBeard posted:

To me, the interesting part of the spreadsheet is basically normalizing the grades by using a larger sample to get a general idea of how analysts feel teams did with process/evaluation. Whether it translates to the team success is more of a dice roll and chaos.

Back to AFCS business, Colts 2024 AFC South Champions. Have the banner ready.

I’m just not sold on Richardson. He didn’t really show any more than Bill Jeans and people are already acting like it’s a forgone conclusion that he’s a franchise QB. Seems like the usual podder colts optimism

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

BiggerBoat posted:

They drafted Tom Brady?

I'd be ok with that description of a QB, not a CB lol

e: that pick after Sweat getting snagged, the guy I saw a ton of talk about him to the Texans, makes me think of when the Texans jumped the Jets to draft Nick Martin (who busted so whatever) and they panic-drafted Hackenberg

Intruder fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Apr 30, 2024

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i thought the knock on the CB the texans drafted was his bad workout. the scouting reports say he's athletic. the workout is definitely a red flag but maybe he just had a bad day.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

Sorry if that’s overly blurry.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Good bye zay jones and good luck in your future career with the Baltimore ravens probably.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Good bye zay jones and good luck in your future career with the Baltimore ravens probably.

You say that like he wouldn’t be a likely upgrade target for the Titans

No idea what he would command money-wise, but I’d take a cheap flier on Zay Jones and let him compete with Treylon Burks

Teva
Feb 22, 2007

Yeah, he'll still be a good #3 for a lot of teams, just muscled out of a jags WR room that already has a lot of those who are younger and cheaper. And also apparently maybe a washed Jarvis Landry.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Parker Washington's time to shine!

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

lobster shirt posted:

i thought the knock on the CB the texans drafted was his bad workout. the scouting reports say he's athletic. the workout is definitely a red flag but maybe he just had a bad day.

Has elite change of direction, and ok 10 yard split, but he didn't broad jump and his top end speed is poor.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
My #sources are telling me that Tyler Boyd is gonna sign here. I wouldn’t say I’m excited but it’s a good pickup for sure especially if it’s just a year or two.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

My #sources are telling me that Tyler Boyd is gonna sign here. I wouldn’t say I’m excited but it’s a good pickup for sure especially if it’s just a year or two.

Absolutely. Cross-posting from the Off-Season thread:

Soul Glo posted:

Twitter insider(s) posting that Tyler Boyd is signing with the Titans. Him going to Brian Callahan’s Slot-needy team is pretty much a layup, but I’m still happy to get him on the Titans since we didn’t get a higher tier WR in the draft.

This offseason is already the most dynamic in the team’s recent history. Maybe ever? They signed the best available WR in Ridley, best available C in Cushenberry, traded for LJ Sneed, and picked up good pieces in Tony Pollard, Kenneth Murray, Chidobe Awuzie, Joseph-Day and more quality pieces.

Bring me Justin Simmons and take me into pre-season, Ran.

I don’t do sports betting, but if I did I would be slamming all my dollars on the Over for the Titans as last I saw it, it was 5.5. I don’t know how successful they’ll be in the first year of a new regime, but good lord this roster is head and shoulders above what we were fielding in the last two years going 7-10 and 6-11.

I am very excited to see how they do this year. They’re going to better than expected ofc because national sports media does not watch what happens in Tennessee and media dudes are already predicting them to have a top 5 pick next year.

Levis is the biggest If, but given the moves the owner, gm and coach have made, they certainly believe he is the guy. If he plays even mostly competently, playoffs are not out of the realm of possibility.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Yeah if we are in fact getting Boyd I'm pretty happy with how they've shaped the offense to give levis the best shot to shine

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Agreed and frankly if he does end up being bad this upcoming season we can move off pretty easily too. The big five FA QBs for 2025 obviously won’t all hit the market but there could be a decent bridge option available somewhere if Billliam Jeans ain’t it

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Houston putting the rest of us to shame

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

less impressive when you consider it includes kevin johnson who was released prior to his 5th year despite having his option picked up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i thought kevin johnson was going to be so good...