Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Here's a thread for the UFL.

Coming down to the wire in Arlington!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Hell yeah. Unfortunately I've been unable to find a stream online for these games :(

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Why in the world does it seem like the field goal kickers in this league are actually superior to the what the NFL has? It's kind of bizarre how amazing it's been.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
Less pressure on the kicks?

Less stadium noise/distractions?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i think it's just having more data and a lot more individual kickers for the nfl.

the ufl so far is 48/52

week 1 of the last nfl season was 59/67 with graham gano accounting for 2 of the misses

but in general it doesn't surprise me that there are more than 30-ish great kickers who just haven't had the luck to be the guy to catch on since most teams want to keep their guy. a lot of kickers do really well with extremely limited action in training camp, or basically none, and are shown the door

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
I think a lot of these games have been in pretty great weather too

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Cavauro posted:

i think it's just having more data and a lot more individual kickers for the nfl.

the ufl so far is 48/52

week 1 of the last nfl season was 59/67 with graham gano accounting for 2 of the misses

but in general it doesn't surprise me that there are more than 30-ish great kickers who just haven't had the luck to be the guy to catch on since most teams want to keep their guy. a lot of kickers do really well with extremely limited action in training camp, or basically none, and are shown the door

Good points all, also the weather thing. The kicks have been super long too though, I wonder if there's some sort of formula for rating league wide kicking, while taking distance into account. Tons of fifty and sixty yards kicks. Some looking like they would've been good from way longer. It's impressive!

I feel like kicker might be a position where nfl teams will look to spring league football to find someone when they need one. Could end up being more reliable than getting them out of college.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Play posted:

Good points all, also the weather thing. The kicks have been super long too though, I wonder if there's some sort of formula for rating league wide kicking, while taking distance into account. Tons of fifty and sixty yards kicks. Some looking like they would've been good from way longer. It's impressive!

I feel like kicker might be a position where nfl teams will look to spring league football to find someone when they need one. Could end up being more reliable than getting them out of college.

Wish the Browns had done that when Hopkins went down

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i didn't notice they had 60+ yard kicks. they're on steroids

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Yeah Jake Bates has a 64 and 62 yard kick so far. And two 50 somethings as well. Would not be at all surprised to see him join a training camp at least, also considering he's only 24.

One of the things I really enjoy doing with spring football is to try and predict who might be given a chance on an NFL team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
OK, NOW I understand why they have a fourth dot below the three time out dots - the SUPER CHALLENGE.