Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/wyshynski/status/1785898572858171738

Was this the deal with the devil the Kings made for two Cups in three years coming due?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I can't imagine being a Kings fan and having to watch that guy play hockey.

He seems to get to the right spots a lot of the time but is the softest baby man I can remember. And the moment he tries to play hard he does something unfathomably stupid. It's incredible

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

$8.5 million until 2031
With a NTC

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

$8.5 million until 2031
With a NTC

Same here lol

https://x.com/icdave/status/1786039628455161920?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

$8.5 million until 2031
With a NTC

8-team NTC list:
Montreal
Montréal
Mont Real
Mount Royal
Mon'real
Mon Treal
Les Habs
Quebec

E-
https://twitter.com/F1RETHECANNON/status/1786044287181815961?t=ZTLlXw2zgPG8rEEh3myuMg&s=19

He can't be worse than some of the retreads looking for work. I guess I'd rather take my chances with him than Benning, Chiarelli, etc. If nothing else, it'd be entertaining.

I guess Senior Advisor to something is a better/more palatable title unless he'd bring Sully in as coach. :getin:

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 20:06 on May 2, 2024

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

.Spec posted:

My first indication that my slumber is done is that I am cold and in pain. Praise be to Lou, for the pain and cold tell me that I live, that soon I will serve the Islanders again from beyond the doors of death. Praise be! Invictus Potens is active, my glorious tomb awakens! The Apothecary places his hand briefly upon my sarcophagus in sympathy. His gesture is wasted. I feel nothing that is not directly relevant to the prosecution of grinding out a 50 second shift in the corners and skating back to the bench.

Pain is my companion. The pain of getting bounced in the first round is constant, all encompassing. Death’s legacy, a reminder that I no longer live, my gift from Lou and one I willingly share with these 4th line griders on other Metro teams. My hockey stick speaks until it has run out of words. Thereafter I use its red-hot blade to slash Metro skaters with the mark of death. It is a holy mark, but no absolution comes with it, only two minutes in the box.

Mr. Fish posted:

EVEN IN DEATH, I STILL SKATE.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
The PLD deal is even funnier because LA traded for it.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

He was right. I don't believe him.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

CBJSprague24 posted:

8-team NTC list:
Montreal
Montréal
Mont Real
Mount Royal
Mon'real
Mon Treal
Les Habs
Quebec

Sounds good to me!!

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
LA media are already talking about buying out Dubois which would leave us with another sick rear end DiPietro-esque impact on their cap, so I'm all in favor of him getting that deal:

The Athletic posted:

Where does that leave the Kings? For starters, they need to hire a coach and maybe shift away from the 1-3-1 system that brought much-needed structure but now feels like it’s becoming stifling. But undoing the Dubois mess should be the highest of priorities. The contract, and his lack of production and impact for the money he’s making, threatens the Kings’ future.

A buyout should be on the table, and while 14 years of dead money — on top of what’s already in their books — is unconscionable on the surface, it’s worth serious consideration. One reason is, because of Dubois’ age, the Kings would have to pay out only one-third of his remaining base salary, instead of the customary two-thirds for older players. (They would still have to pay out $11.5 million in signing bonus money). There is the possibility of a trade, but that would mean retaining $4.25 million for seven years — and persuading a team he’ll be worth even half his salary.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Chances are probably good that some team would roll the dice on him at 7x4.25--except he has a NMC and would accept a trade to only one team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Eric the Mauve posted:

Chances are probably good that some team would roll the dice on him at 7x4.25--except he has a NMC and would accept a trade to only one team.

the buy out is better for their cap, makes more sense to just take the early hit and deal with ~1.6 is dead cap for the rest of forever once it goes down