Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Is there another side to Sandler than I haven't seen? I avoid stuff from the 90s on the off chance he shows up.

I saw his live show on the MTV Tour, where he played guitar and showed real comedy chops. I appreciate a comedian who can play an instrument and use it in their act.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

StrangersInTheNight posted:

also that adam sandler album he released in 1996 lives rent free in my brain bc it was technically music I listened to in my pre-teens and teens

it's called 'what the hell happened to me' and it features an image of him as a child, as if he was so innocent and then went off the rail into some craaaazy poo poo, as opposed to becoming one of the most successful comedians of his generation. what the hell happened to you? you got rich, rear end in a top hat.

Piece of poo poo Car is a masterpiece.

a starchy tuber
Sep 9, 2002

hi yes I'm very normal
I'm Brian Fellow

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I'm sick of seeing animated weiners french kissing in every fucking GBS thread.

a starchy tuber posted:

I'm Brian Fellow

THAT GOAT HAS DEVIL EYES always gets a laugh out of me

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

a starchy tuber posted:

I'm Brian Fellow

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

WhiteHowler posted:

Nah, most don't. It's mainly pop stars who do a lot of dancing.

My pick for the best musical guest performance in ~50 years of SNL:
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xl7e88
March 23, 1991: Fishbone - Sunless Saturday

(Sorry about the non-YouTube link, but it's worth a click.)

Wow, that was really awesome, thanks for that. One of those musical moments that feels *~different*~

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0RfZ7L45wA&t=21s

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

a starchy tuber posted:

I'm Brian Fellow

THAT BIRD IS A LIAR.

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?

a starchy tuber posted:

I'm Brian Fellow

Brian Fellow is not an accredited zoologist nor does he hold an advanced degree in any of the environmental sciences. He is simply an enthusiastic young man with 6th grade education

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Tangentially related, but the please don't destroy guys made a movie and it's pretty good if you dig their sense of humour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vO4AKM_KGg

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOAsYAXjEHw

they're really milking this thing lol

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

a starchy tuber posted:

I'm Brian Fellow

I DO NOT WANT TO SEE YOUR BALLS!

Suspekt Device
Jan 9, 2017

Mister Speaker posted:

I definitely agree with the sentiment that SNL nostalgia is strongest for whatever crew you grew up watching.

I grew up watching the Will Farrell era but I still acknowledge that 96-2002 was a bad time for SNL.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

DaveWoo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOAsYAXjEHw

they're really milking this thing lol

lol, Ryan loving rules

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

a starchy tuber posted:

I'm Brian Fellow

Norm MacDonald and Robert Smigel intended for the sketch to be bad so it would get rejected but Tracey Morgan's delivery was funny enough that it got made.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

Norm MacDonald and Robert Smigel intended for the sketch to be bad so it would get rejected but Tracey Morgan's delivery was funny enough that it got made.

Never bet against Tracey Morgan

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

It amuses me beyond belief that they're wearing the copyright friendly shirts instead of the actual band shirts

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

SettingSun posted:

It amuses me beyond belief that they're wearing the copyright friendly shirts instead of the actual band shirts

why fuckin bother with licensing rights, especially if James and Lars are involved

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015
I was first introduced to the show via the syndicated "best of" episodes on Comedy Central, so when I tuned in to watch new eps I was stunned that the show was apparently in the shitter since 80% of the sketches were lame. They were smart to stop doing those

Speaking of milked sketches, remember the spartan cheerleaders sketch with Will Ferrel? Remember that they did twelve of them?

Or the Night at the Roxbury sketch? An all-time classic, but then they did six more without Jim Carey.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.

je1 healthcare posted:

Or the Night at the Roxbury sketch? An all-time classic, but then they did six more without Jim Carey.

They made it a movie, too!

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Did the Spartan Cheerleaders ever meet Mary Katherine Gallagher? Seems like something that would have happened

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

Bogus Adventure posted:

Never bet against Tracey Morgan

I remember when the main voice actor for Squidbillies got himself cancelled and the show runners decided to do one more season but make Tracey Morgan the lead voice. Everything about it on paper seemed bound for disaster but instead it ended up being more magical than the whole show prior to that point.

More evidence that Tracey Morgan is some sort of super natural troll elemental:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pse-R1IDUXs

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

StrangersInTheNight posted:

also that adam sandler album he released in 1996 lives rent free in my brain bc it was technically music I listened to in my pre-teens and teens

it's called 'what the hell happened to me' and it features an image of him as a child, as if he was so innocent and then went off the rail into some craaaazy poo poo, as opposed to becoming one of the most successful comedians of his generation. what the hell happened to you? you got rich, rear end in a top hat.

Why do you watch and listen to comedy when it makes you so angry about everything all the time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Powerful Katrinka posted:

Why do you watch and listen to comedy when it makes you so angry about everything all the time?

this is a salient question for a lot of posters