Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Girls Band Cry is a 3d anime by toei, about a girl who moves to tokyo and falls into a band. it is very funny and the characters are great, and the drama mostly works if you take it as them being melodramatic because they're young adults with emotional problems. also its very funny and the characters are great. also the first ep has like 5 middle fingers.

Nina Iseri
Aged 17. A crybaby who also gets mad easily. Flipflops between upbeat and sad. Tends to overdramatize things. Good at singing. She's from a strict family and had difficulty in high school, so she moved to Tokyo from the countryside by herself.
High School Status: dropped out

Momoka Kawaragi
Aged 20. An easygoing, older sister type figure, but she tends to push people's buttons without thinking, and doesn't always think about the consequences of her actions. Similar to Nina, she also moved to Tokyo by herself as a teenager, so she empathizes with her.
High School Status: dropped out

Subaru Awa
Aged 17. She comes across as rich and kind, often to the point of seeming condescending, but she's pretty bratty and tends to pick on people when they're down. She's still a sweet girl who wants to make friends, though.
High School Status: Going to an acting school that doesn't give out regular high school diplomas.

there are also these two. have they graduated high school? only time will tell.

NOTE!!!!: this show is not officially licensed. to watch it, please go to your favorite anime torrent site, search 'girls band cry', and torrent the episodes labelled 'sobsplease.'

NOTE 2!!!!: if you do not have a favorite anime torrent site please ask a friendly cat. did you know in japan cats go 'nyaa?' nyaa. dot. si? si, cats go nyaa. nyaa, dot, si. ty.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Apr 21, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Visually I do like that the show is doing a lot of stuff that feels unique with its 3d animation much like MyGo did (but different). It really adds to the comedy/drama! Also Nina getting so wrapped in composing that she forgot to study till midnight still hits home lamo

Please free this from cat site Toei (along with Precure movies)

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Visually I do like that the show is doing a lot of stuff that feels unique with its 3d animation much like MyGo did (but different). It really adds to the comedy/drama!

yeah inasmuch as i tout the other show this season with a vaguely similar premise, GBC has a leg up in terms of 3D not only working well for it but also probably better than it would be were it 2D, even beyond musical segments

also its OP is the best of the season i think

Myriad Truths
Oct 13, 2012
It's good, and I've liked the music so far. Rest of the band needs to join sooner rather than later though. Seems like there's some stuff to get through with Subaru next episode before we can go back to the last two members, though.

Terry van Feleday
Jun 6, 2010

Free Your Mind
The high-framerate bounciness of the 3D here gives it a sense of dynamism that makes the characters themselves feel so much livelier, lots of fun being had even with mundane actions like someone poking arounf for a light switch. I think this show's great!! Nina has real charisma as a main character in how volatile she is and she bounces well off the effortlessly smooth Momoka and the earnestly attentive Subaru. The latter's my favourite right now

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Looks fun. I'm not crazy about the 3d but I'll probably get used to it like with MyGO.

A bit of despair looking at the comments to the SobsPlease release. They put out sharp and well-produced subs and half the comments are minor translation gripes or how they're not fast enough. :(

Eagerly awaiting ep 3. She really is high maintenance.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the [ideal paradox] subs are pretty good if you dont wanna wait for sobsplease tbh

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Momoka is a saint. Here she is mere seconds before Nina's voice turns her holographic

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Endorph posted:

the [ideal paradox] subs are pretty good if you dont wanna wait for sobsplease tbh

there are also really, really bad mtl subs floating around on places that are not catsite, a fact which i had to discover through my own laziness

momoka owns

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

pretty solid ep, find it hard to relate to the dilemma Subaru is facing for obvious reasons but i think it's being portrayed well. humor was great this ep too, had a good lol at Momo's ghost leaving her body. still wonder when those other two probable bandmates are gonna get introduced tho

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996
Recently got caught up on this (at least to what sobs has out). Genuinely adore everything this show does visually. Also love how Nina fluctuates between sad and angry, and how pissed off she seems to get when singing. I feel like they don't let enough anime girls do that. Subaru has been fun to learn more about too.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
The character animation on this show is extremely good, especially the expressions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Subaru being the poo poo stirrer is amazing and I hope it continues