Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
:siren: There were two movies released between Season 2 and 3, and they are plot critical to the start of S3! :siren:
They are titled Our Promise: A Brand New Day (2019) and Ensemble Contest (2023)

MAL posted:

Kumiko Oumae, the third-year president of the band club at Kitauji High School, is filled with anticipation and anxiety. She wonders what kind of new members will come to the club, whether she will be able to organize everyone as the band leader, and whether she will be able to achieve her long-sought goal of winning a gold medal at the national competition. With these thoughts in mind, Kumiko spends her days struggling as the head of the club, but even as a player, a big obstacle appears in front of her. Mayu Kuroe transferred from a strong school that regularly participates in national. The instrument in her hand is the same as Kumiko's; the euphonium. She is a perfect girl, adored by everyone around her for her gorgeous tone, excellent playing skills, and gentle personality. However, the shadow that Mayu sometimes casts over Kumiko makes her feel indescribable. "Graduation" is approaching for these youths who have devoted themselves to the brass band.

Crunchyroll

It's back and there continues be well animated and engrossing band drama for Kumiko to try her best to fix (now in an official capacity).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
https://music.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mxcPyzhRjBAaE-5AYNJADaMzE6oDzOE3Y

Playlist with the song options, though one is just a short version

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Some good Kumiko noises to be added to the compilation this ep.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that it would've turned out this way but it's interesting seeing how Kumiko, who by her character (and the whims of the writing by being the primary POV) winds up inserted into and helping a lot of the band conflicts, can now be even more active and helpful in that role by virtue of her position. It's a fun juxtaposition compared to how the previous club presidents would try to do the same less effectively most of the time.

Terry van Feleday
Jun 6, 2010

Free Your Mind
I think the previous presidents were more focused on keeping the overall machine of the band running, and had less of an interest in poking around in individual members' lives than natural-born meddler Kumiko does. She's clearly getting a lot done, but that also means she's putting a lot more work and pressure on herself and I wonder if that's going to backfire on her eventually.

It's neat watching the push-and-pull between Kumiko's desire to meddle and her fear of stepping on other's toes & being disliked, and how her becoming prez offers a kind of solution: She's much less dependent on external affirmation when people inherently respect her due to her status, so she can act much more freely. Some resonance there with Taki-sensei's words about how whether you're a child or an adult depends on your environment

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Nate RFB posted:

Some good Kumiko noises to be added to the compilation this ep.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that it would've turned out this way but it's interesting seeing how Kumiko, who by her character (and the whims of the writing by being the primary POV) winds up inserted into and helping a lot of the band conflicts, can now be even more active and helpful in that role by virtue of her position. It's a fun juxtaposition compared to how the previous club presidents would try to do the same less effectively most of the time.

Kumiko noises indeed.

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

i love how kyoani will just do animation flexes like a car turning then headlights going over characters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
One thing that was pointed out to me from last week's episode that I didn't immediately pick up on at the time (though it's fairly obvious if you're better at remembering names than I am) was Kumiko immediately texting her sister to ask if she was OK after hearing about Motomu's tragic dead sibling backstory.

This week though: lying to get out of hanging out with your awkward classmate to instead have a home date.