Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Time travel?
halp how did i get here im not good with clocks?!Q
The key is to gently caress all your female ancestors.
Take a poo poo in Einstein's brain!
Joke option: learn to accept and move on
View Results

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Karate Bastard posted:

Good news! I found out what killed all the other timelines. It was basically the invention of the sqrnt, which is a-

*entire dimension gets obliterated by time cops*

Backs this up to my pocket backup dimension

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

man the posting sure gets weird on the next page

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i went back in time and prevented continental drift

welcome back, pangea

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Being the only human alive at the heat death of the universe because every time something embarrassing happens I press fast forward until my sins are forgotten.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Karate Bastard posted:

Being the only human alive at the heat death of the universe because every time something embarrassing happens I press fast forward until my sins are forgotten.

Hey! Weird to see you here....

*adjusts collar awkwardly

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
A full month of gooning before breakfast, another before work, death from old age before dinner, fucken worth it baby

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

*We float "forever" in this sitcom 3 bedroom house.....

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Karate Bastard posted:

Good news! I found out what killed all the other timelines. It was basically the invention of the sqrnt, which is a-

*entire dimension gets obliterated by time cops*

Huh, that was odd. Now who's up for a delicious glass of Squarnt, the energy drink made from real squarts?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

*SQUART FRESHNESS!

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

i went back to the early 1800s and proposed energy drinks but edison somehow got his hands on the patent so thats why energy drinks arent electricied any more sorry

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Bobby Deluxe posted:

i went back to the early 1800s and proposed energy drinks but edison somehow got his hands on the patent so thats why energy drinks arent electricied any more sorry

That's ok, we were running low on eels anyway, but thank you for thinking about us

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I have a 50 eel for trade

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Oh gently caress, I woke up late!
who set my clock alarm to the middle ages?

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I travel to an alternative time line where cartoons are real, and bring back space moose and werewolf jones

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I think if I had a time machine I wouldn’t use it for anything in particular, I would just be constantly traveling through time, never spending more than a day or two in each time period. I would do that until I died of old age or (more likely) was eaten by cavemen.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Karate Bastard posted:

I travel to an alternative time line where cartoons are real, and bring back space moose and werewolf jones
what have you done

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Oh no, I have AI hands!!

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Oh no, I brought a moog and a casio back but I got ganked by mozart and beethoven and now they will only make electro trash help

Karate Bastard fucked around with this message at 07:57 on May 1, 2024

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Splicer posted:

what have you done

Werewolf Jones: Things are going to get weird. I'm going to make them weird.

Space Moose: Much better.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Mr Phlegelmeister!

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Karate Bastard posted:

Werewolf Jones: Things are going to get weird. I'm going to make them weird.

Space Moose: Much better.
The panels of superboy prime punching through dimensions but it's Werewolf Jones and Space Moose and they're only sometimes using their fists.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
He pounds ...for hours?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

alright somehow in trying to save the bees i invented wasps

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

What are you saying?!

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

poo poo they have guns now

i just wanted some honeyyy

BigWeirdSashimi
Jul 10, 2019

protodependency posted:

a man walks into a bar and the bartender tells him "go gently caress yourself", so he does. THe man is also the bartender.

This is the plot of Predestination

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Eureka, I have solved faster than light travel! Travel back in time to when the universe was smaller, hop on over, and wait.

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

I think I encountered a time traveling ghost. The person is still alive but their ghost is haunting us. To clarify, the living person is NOT a time traveler, but the ghost is.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
I traveled back in time with a collection of popular manga from the last 10 years and give them to myself in the 90s.

I gave myself specific information in the past: These are going to be super popular in about 10-30 years, so what you need to do is just xerox these things and publish them, yourself, first!

I came back to the future to a bit of a rude awakening. I've got a pretty bad reputation in the comics industry, and society in general, too. Lots of legal problems.

I'm actually hated by the now-underground American otaku community for 'ruining anime becoming popular in the US!" because when people see manga/anime art, they're reminded of my comics controversial art style and stories, which were literally just 100% photocopies of manga/anime in the first place.

Okay, I'm the man who murdered anime in America, but what else have I done for you lately?

Well, here's the really odd things that makes no sense at all:

Mario is like Pac-Man or Sonic. He's got a game on every other console and PC and Nintendo got out of console hardware after 2005. Pokemon was somehow NOT a hit in the US and even lost popularity worldwide by about 1999/2000. They still made handhelds and continue to do so, but the market is much smaller today as PCPhones and PCBooks pretty much take up the handheld gaming market.

Comedy Central ends up picking up and renewing the Clerks:TAS for another 4 years. TNN/Spike doesn't do their animated line-up at all. No Ren and Stimpy reboot, no Stripperella, no Gary the Rat. Adult Swim also has a live-action reboot of Banana Splits, too, that ups the absurdity factor, as hosts for the AS line-up that eventually got a full series. No anime on the channel, though. They DO replay Heavy Metal quite a bit, as well as Starchaser and Light Years, on occasion.

Harry Potter movies end up getting successfully boycotted in 2001 by conservative groups and they stop after 2 movies. However, they get successfully rebooted as a yearly computer animated film franchise starting in 2013.

Microsoft never really enters the console gaming market and focuses more on trying to sell a new Windows-based Entertainment OS for 'Set top box developers', trying to revive the MPC scale from the 90s, with PC gaming on your TV being their focus. Various companies try their best, but they're all overpriced and several compatibility issues result in no one ever having a good gaming experience on the platform with the exception of people buying the $1500 HP boxes, which are just pretty much a full-PC in a shuttle case. Gamers are mad that their WinGame-compatible games are incompatible with their desktop Windows PCs. Rather quickly, people learn that many games are nearly identical to their PC versions and learn which files to add/delete to make them work on PC, and vice versa. In time, a dual-boot is on a lot of PCs that let them boot into a WinGame-knockoff OS that allows them to play those set top games on their PCs. Eventually, WinGame set top boxes got mods and hacks that let people turn them into regular Windows or Linux machines once the format failed against the PS2 and PS3.

Surprisingly, a LOT less comic book movies. Practically zero, in fact. I don't know why. The X-men films still happen, so do the Spidey films, but little else. The Nolan films never happened, nor does Superman Returns, maybe because WB wasn't getting a lot of HP money or something to want to risk the money on big geek franchises.

The big first shared universe event is a Batman/Superman movie in 2009 that does okay numbers. The movie is HATED by comic book fans because they powered down Superman quite a bit and didn't make Batman want to kill him and claim it ripped off a bunch of other stories. (Note: The fan reaction to the movie today is apparently full of revisionist, "I always loved the Batman-Superman movie and they should have made more with those actors! Paul Rudd is STILL young enough to play Superman.")

Obama is on his second term and Trump is a frequently appearing guest on talk shows (morning and late night) who is somehow universally beloved by everyone except conservatives. Hillary and Bill got divorced in 2017 after she ended her 2 terms in office. Bill is currently selling reverse mortgages on TV.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

shut up nerd!

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Hmm. Everything looks fine...

[Flicks on TV]

Oh hey Star Trek TNG.

[Captain Miles O'Brien]

...Ah gently caress.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Communist Bear posted:

[Flicks on TV]

Oh hey Star Trek TNG.

[Captain Miles O'Brien]

...Ah gently caress.

It's crazy that TNG survived for 14 seasons of nothing but episodes showcasing Capt. O'Brien being tortured by Cardassians.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

hey everyone did shimblets used to exist or did i imagine that

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Hello, I am from your future. In your future there will be apps, which use tricks of addiction psychology to let you poke images of candy while advertisers are making you feel bad for not buying enough poo poo you don't want nor need nor afford. This is somehow good. Yes, everyone in your future is a huge idiot.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Communist Bear posted:

[Flicks on TV]

Oh hey Star Trek TNG.

[Captain Miles O'Brien]

...Ah gently caress.

Chief Picard

The Frenchman Must Suffer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvershek
Nov 15, 2000

and there are no
diamonds in the
mine
JFC with my time travel companions. Each trip I'm having to copy the scene in Goodfellas with Deniro and Christmas party arrivals.