Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

It's time again for Iron Chef Something Awful!

It's May, or it will be tomorrow, and means it's time for my second ICSA! The first one went super well and was a lot of fun, and we're still eating through all the bao in the freezer, so I'm gonna keep running them and you can't stop me!

The competition will run from May 1st to May 31st, and judging will happen the first week of June.

The theme of this one is...

Side Dishes!
Not the star of the dish, but arguably just as important and often more delicious, for this competition I want to see three side dishes. They can all be for the same meal, or for separate meals, but as before I want a recipe, pictures and a writeup of what you've made. Say what your main was too, but you don't have to go into as much detail.

This one is not specifically vegetarian or vegan, you can make your side dishes from whatever you like, but I do want three of them!

Not desserts, I want something that goes on the plate or table beside a main dish.

But am I allowed to enter?
Of course! Why not? It doesn't matter if you've won one before, or you've never cooked in your life.
Post your entry as a separate thread within GWS. Each entry gets it's own thread, no hijacking, then post a link to your thread here. Then go read the rest of GWS, it's a cool subforum!

When can I enter?
Any time up until the end of May, even if it's the 31st..

How do I enter??? My head hurts.
Make a new thread in GWS and post your three dishes in there, then link it here. I want ingredients, I want pictures, and I want to be hungry by the end of your post!

The prizes will be:
$20 for the winner
$10 for second place
$10 for third place.

Judging will be in a separate thread, during the first week of June.

Next month I'll try and see about getting a fund set up, since it's been okayed by admins, but I'm still good for this month. I spent April writing a book and my brain is a bit too fried to deal with it.

Ok, Ready... Steady... Cook!

Nettle Soup fucked around with this message at 08:30 on May 3, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

First post reserved for entries. (entrés)

My partner has suggested an alternative subtitle: Imagine 4 Bowls (side dishes) on the Edge of a Cliff

Nettle Soup fucked around with this message at 09:44 on May 1, 2024

Cliff
Nov 12, 2008

Imagine 4 Bowls (side dishes) on the Edge of Me

I haven't entered one of these before, this seems like the perfect entry. Plus there's a food holiday this month, great excuse!

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
Exciting!

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
This is a great theme!

e: if anyone would like to make a banner ad for the site, the admins usually do it for free while we run ICSA

specifications are:

quote:

150kB max, exactly 468x60px
Allowed types: GIF, PNG, JPG

angerbot fucked around with this message at 02:16 on May 4, 2024

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

I am extremely bad at making banner ads. Somebody with talent please do better!

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Those have a certain charm, reminds me of the old days on the forums. I'll give it a lil to see if anyone else wants to take a shot.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

OK, friends are invited round, ingredients have been added to shopping lists, and the Eurovision party starts sufficiently late that we can fit it all in on Saturday…

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

I should have made the moving banner say Slide Dishes.

Glad to have you all! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. :D

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

It's not easy being 40C000
Parallaxing to the Xtreme
I'm going to try to participate too.

The photo you selected had me thinking of Thanksgiving flavors like squash and potatoes which are reliably delicious, but I'm also looking around for more fresh, Spring inspirations.

I also have a cupboard full of beans I need to use.

Meaty Ore
Dec 17, 2011

My God, it's full of cat pictures!

I'll be able to do this one! Have one dish made already and did a test run of the second, since it's a little procedurally involved and I've never made it before (also I forgot a key ingredient and will have to go to the store again tomorrow to get it).

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST
It turns out I make a lot of side dishes, and I have photographed none of them.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
I made and photographed side dishes. Just gotta write up my post.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

:woop:

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

TychoCelchuuu posted:

Same, I even downloaded the photos from iCloud to my computer, I just need to actually write the thing

Meaty Ore
Dec 17, 2011

My God, it's full of cat pictures!

TychoCelchuuu posted:

:same: Work and stuff going on at home has left me too drained in the evenings to do much but eat leftovers and play Hades II, poorly.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

A CHALLENGER APPEARS!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
I've dished up my sides.