Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

just listen to your body. millions of years of evolution will not lead you astray. so whatever your base instincts are telling you to do in that moment is almost always what you should be doing to guarantee long term health and survival

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

basically, yes

051324_3
May 13, 2024

Somebody fucked around with this message at 17:45 on May 13, 2024

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
my body wants me to play hades ii instead of doing work

pygmy tyrant
Nov 25, 2005

*not a small business owner

pale, brow furrowed, and sweating, I stare at the fridge contents like a haruspex and ask

is the vitamin d I crave in the blue or red doritos???

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

my body is telling me to smoke cigarettes and eat fried chicken

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
mrs rotor: honey? you've been in the bathroom a long time, are you ok?

me: IM STAYING HEALTHY AND LISTENING TO MY BODY!!! DONT COME IN!!!!

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

unfortunately i am middle aged and at some point in my mid 30s all of my base instincts are at any given moment began to revolve around long term self-preservation. so i cant approach food in the same way a particularly stupid golden lab would, anymore.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

sucks to be you. im having pizza for dinner

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

hbag posted:

sucks to be you. im having pizza for dinner

buddy you don’t know the half of it

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

post hole digger posted:

unfortunately i am middle aged and at some point in my mid 30s all of my base instincts are at any given moment began to revolve around long term self-preservation. so i cant approach food in the same way a particularly stupid golden lab would, anymore.

you can get away with a lot of garbage w/r/t food if you manage to keep a reasonably high-fiber diet

and don't have a genetic predisposition to Food Concerns

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

is kombucha actually good for you?

anyway, my main comfort food was always instant ramen and I've developed a reasonable facsimile that doesn't have 20g of palm oil and two thousand miligrams of sodium in it but I'll still buy that garbage if I'm sick or whatever

death cob for cutie posted:

you can get away with a lot of garbage w/r/t food if you manage to keep a reasonably high-fiber diet
also, this. eat the drat fiber

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
i attribute my relative good health as an older gentleman to just eating a head of lettuce every couple days

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

sometimes you're just hosed for no reason. i've had high blood pressure since my mid-20s. no family history of it or anything, it's just the good lord's idea of a funny gag i guess

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

well-read undead posted:

sometimes you're just hosed for no reason. i've had high blood pressure since my mid-20s. no family history of it or anything, it's just the good lord's idea of a funny gag i guess

my parents and sibling all have high blood pressure. meanwhile I’m borderline hypotensive :smugdog:

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

fart simpson posted:

just listen to your body. millions of years of evolution will not lead you astray. so whatever your base instincts are telling you to do in that moment is almost always what you should be doing to guarantee long term health and survival

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8An2SxNFvmU

my homie dhall
Dec 9, 2010

honey, oh please, it's just a machine
what are your credentials on this topic, fart simpson?

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

pygmy tyrant posted:

pale, brow furrowed, and sweating, I stare at the fridge contents like a haruspex and ask

is the vitamin d I crave in the blue or red doritos???

doritos in the fridge???

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
unfortunately, brain is part of body and that thing never does the right thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

the secret is yosposting and lots of strong black coffee