Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RC212V
Nov 17, 2006

by Eris Is Goddess

AdeptaCheese posted:

First bike, Honda CT110, 110 cc. Max Speed: 40mph

Paint it pink, put on a bicycle bell and streamers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

AdeptaCheese posted:

I love it.

Thats really cool, and a super-clean example. What year is it? Mind if I ask what you payed?

AdeptaCheese
Oct 14, 2003

Sovereign Swiss

its an 03, Australia Post sell them via pickles auction when they reach 25,000km. usually between 600 and 900ish at pickles auctions in the truck and machinery auctions. (http://www.pickles.com.au/) mine was 800. They're unregistered when you get them and thats all in Australian dollars and everything too.

bung
Dec 14, 2004

CaliDuc from Speedzilla carried out Operation Candy Cane. Dressed as Santa he handed out 250 candy canes to children astride his Ducati SS.

eternal mouthwash
Dec 5, 2006

AdeptaCheese posted:

I love it.

What the hell? That's like a moped, only without the 'ped'. Never seen such a thing. Very cool and nice looking, though. What year were these made? It looks like it shares a few of the same parts as my late 70's Honda scooter.

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

http://www.hondamotorcycles.com.au/wps/wcm/connect/hondampe/Home/Motorcycles/Product+Range/Off+Road/Agricultural/CT110+AG
They still make them.

AdeptaCheese
Oct 14, 2003

Sovereign Swiss

they were building them in the late 60s up until 82 or something in america. You can still order a brand new one in australia, as open24hours has linked.

eternal mouthwash
Dec 5, 2006
Speaking of Hondas, does anyone know if it's possible to obtain a 50cc Honda Solo in the US?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

eternal mouthwash posted:

Speaking of Hondas, does anyone know if it's possible to obtain a 50cc Honda Solo in the US?

You'd have to import it, but it would be worth it. Thats a seriously cool little bike. Yamaha was big on those underseat monoshocks in the 80's. I always thought it was a cool design, and its nice to see it make a return.

falling star
Oct 20, 2003

that is seriously cool. What would the top speed be on that?

(I'm not asking in a lol2fast2furious kind of way, I'm just curious as to if it could maintain high enough speeds to be on city/suberban roads regularly, so like 40 mph probably)

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

Identify this bike, please.

Modified Z1000?

shoafer0
Jan 26, 2004

meh

Bob Morales posted:

Modified Z1000?

Looks like it. Such a sleek looking bike.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

shoafer0 posted:

Looks like it. Such a sleek looking bike.

They look silly stock, but that one is tits.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Bob Morales posted:

They look silly stock, but that one is tits.

The stupid double barrel shotgun exhaust is the dumbest design move ever.

Portable591
Oct 3, 2002

Kagari Mafia Ringleader and ray tracing EXPERT
It would look better with the enormous grey plastic bits removed.

shoafer0
Jan 26, 2004

meh
I know it's requested all the time, but I didn't save it the last time it was posted. Anyone have the shot of freerides z1000?

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006

Bob Morales posted:

Modified Z1000?

Yep it is. Heres a picture of a stock one, you can see a lot of the same pieces.

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

Maybe look in to a Honda Dream 50? They are kind of similar and were sold in the US. 50cc twin = :coal:

http://world.honda.com/HRC/products/dream50r/index.html

Nerobro
Nov 4, 2005

Rider now with 100% more titanium!
The dream 50 is a 50cc single 4 stroke. They are NOT street legal. They are also quite expensive. And the motor is unique to the dream 50.

The honda solo appears to use the monkeybike/xr50/c50-70-90 motor. Honda isn't selling anything street legal here with the "fiddy" engine in it. Though you can buy chinese clones that use that motor. The chinese clone motors dont' have a bad reputation.

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

No, it's definitely a twin. I didn't realise it wasn't street legal though. http://www.bikez.com/bike/index.php?bike=20997

Fats
Oct 14, 2006

What I cannot create, I do not understand
Fun Shoe

open24hours posted:

No, it's definitely a twin. I didn't realise it wasn't street legal though. http://www.bikez.com/bike/index.php?bike=20997

It's a single (Honda's site says it comes "engine assembled complete with piston"). It's just got an exhaust exit for each exhaust valve. It also looks fun as poo poo to ride, too bad it's got the typical Honda price.

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

Fats posted:

It's a single (Honda's site says it comes "engine assembled complete with piston"). It's just got an exhaust exit for each exhaust valve. It also looks fun as poo poo to ride, too bad it's got the typical Honda price.

I have been lied to :(

It still looks like a blast to ride though.

bung
Dec 14, 2004

shoafer0 posted:

I know it's requested all the time, but I didn't save it the last time it was posted. Anyone have the shot of freerides z1000?

That was freeride's Z1000 posted above. My friend John bought it and it was totalled a few months ago when he was rear ended. :smith:

ail
Jul 8, 2003

by The Finn

bung posted:

That was freeride's Z1000 posted above. My friend John bought it and it was totalled a few months ago when he was rear ended. :smith:

oh man that is hosed so hosed man oh gently caress that gently caress

i came this || close to buying a z1000, kinda glad i didn't but still, hot bike

shoafer0
Jan 26, 2004

meh

bung posted:

I thought it looked familiar but please oh please... that sucks so bad. Was there a post for it?

eternal mouthwash
Dec 5, 2006

falling star posted:

that is seriously cool. What would the top speed be on that?

(I'm not asking in a lol2fast2furious kind of way, I'm just curious as to if it could maintain high enough speeds to be on city/suberban roads regularly, so like 40 mph probably)

Yeah, probably 40-ish

Argh, why can't any of the cool she be easally obtainable?

The closest street-legal thing to the Solo that I can find is the crazy-expensive 50cc Tomos Streetmate:

DoLittle
Jul 26, 2006

Nerobro posted:

The dream 50 is a 50cc single 4 stroke. They are NOT street legal. They are also quite expensive. And the motor is unique to the dream 50.

Those are street legal in Europe IIRC.

bung
Dec 14, 2004

shoafer0 posted:

I thought it looked familiar but please oh please... that sucks so bad. Was there a post for it?

I mentioned it in a previous MMM right after it happened.

Away Message
Apr 8, 2003

The Solo looks beautiful, and this thing is hideous. Why is that plastic even there? The cylinder looks like some sort of mutant ribbed wart sticking out the bottom, with a narrow tiny little pipe snaking off like a thick greasy black hair.

Sound Mr. Brown
Feb 21, 2005

The love of learning, the sequestered nooks,
And all the sweet serenity of books.
The bousouzoku phenomenon in Japan is an interesting example of biker gangs.

Wikipedia posted:

Bōsōzoku (暴走族) (literally "Violent Running Tribe") is a Japanese subculture very similar to car clubs: gangs of young men who share a common interest in designing (often illegal) modifications for cars and motorcycles. These modifications often include removing the silencing features so that more noise is produced. They also engage in dangerous driving, such as weaving from side to side on the road, not wearing crash helmets, and ignoring red traffic lights.

That sums it up pretty well, actually. You can hear these guys from miles away... One of their favorite activities is pulling in the clutch and revving their engines sporadically as they drive through populous areas at low speeds. Because they all have extra loud pipes, this creates quite an annoyance-- but it seldom goes beyond that.

Anyway, there was a little gathering of them outside a convenience store in the bottom of my apartment building today and I kind of stared at their bikes as I walked past. By the time I got my camera and got back down, four of the five of them had already ridden off. I asked the remaining one if I could get some shots of his bike. He told me it had once been a Honda FRB (or FRV or something like that):

That little can succeeds in making this i4 (or twin, maybe?) whine like a two-stroke.

That's the proud owner in the silver jacket there.

Wish I could have shot them all, it was quite a gang. Most of them in this style though, more or less. Something tells me that there aren't many dealers catering to this crowd in this city of 350,000 people.

Sound Mr. Brown fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Dec 24, 2006

eternal mouthwash
Dec 5, 2006

Away Message posted:

The Solo looks beautiful, and this thing is hideous. Why is that plastic even there? The cylinder looks like some sort of mutant ribbed wart sticking out the bottom, with a narrow tiny little pipe snaking off like a thick greasy black hair.

You mean the plastics about the engine? I think it's a storage compartment. It is sorta ugly though.

Drohne
Dec 23, 2006
Never start no static

SqueekyD posted:

This is beyond cool. Way to have tons of fun I'm sure.

The 2006 Isle of Mann TT video:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7384442947716961899&

dinozaur
Aug 26, 2003
STUPID
DICK

My Christmas present to myself, and first bike. 1992 Yamaha XJ600 SECA II. It has the sexy dual-exhaust, center stand, and just over 20000 miles. I need to replace/tighten the chain and do some other maintenance work on it before it will really be ready to ride.

These are its friends. I wish I had a garage for them.

Swingline Savvy
Aug 10, 2005
Pointless rice (lasagna?) but I couldn't help myself.

Old and rusted:

New and pretty:

freeride88
Mar 7, 2003

by elpintogrande

Bob Morales posted:

Modified Z1000?

Yes, and it was mine. A couple other pictures, as it looked before I sold it:

Greenlantern
Feb 10, 2005
I MADE A TYPO MY USERNAME IS SUPPOSED TO BE "SMELLY WEIRDO LUNKHEAD"

freeride88 posted:

Yes, and it was mine. A couple other pictures, as it looked before I sold it:

that is one of the nicest set of modifications I have ever seen

freeride88
Mar 7, 2003

by elpintogrande

Greenlantern posted:

that is one of the nicest set of modifications I have ever seen

I didn't do all of them, but here's a list from memory.

Complete 636 front end, including wheel (Traxxion Dynamics worked them over, as well)
Braided Lines
Buell Indicators
Matte Black Paint
Corbin Seat
Renthal FatBars
Rizoma Rearsets
CRG Barend Mirror
Seat Cowl
Homemade Tail Tidy Job
Muzzy Ti System
Orange RimStrips
Vortex Frame Sliders
Rear Hugger

This was one heck of a fun bike, and one of only a few that I miss now that it's gone.

Revenant.Eagle
Oct 4, 2005

I know you think you thought you knew what you thought I said, but I'm not sure you understood what you thought I meant.
Some sweet supermoto action, with a suprise.

http://moto.cled17.com/camera-embarquee-supermoto-crash

vorhese
Feb 16, 2002

brains for breakfast brains for brunch
This is a video of my new "On loan" bike. 1974 Honda XL70. I'm a Windows Movie Maker PRO!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNCwyd578bs

Next to a 1976 CB550

vorhese fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Jan 3, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

vorhese posted:

This is a video of my new "On loan" bike. 1974 Honda XL70. I'm a Windows Movie Maker PRO!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwwC8Bx8eS4

But not a link pro :v: