Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Boinks posted:

Alright I'm looking for an 80's horror movie. I think it was called something like Creepy Crawlies. I remember it had a bunch of teenagers trapped in a house with demons kind of like in Evil Dead. There was a main vampire type bad guy and I remember him changing one of the kids into a demon by turning a chess piece from white to black. Also one thing that stands out in this movie is that the little kid in the movie is killed.

Found it. Its Spookies from 1987. I went through every horror movie on the IMDB from 1986-1988 and now I need to find me a copy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boozebag
Jul 20, 2006
Hey. I saw this movie probably six to eight years ago on cable television. I'd guess it was made around that time.

It involved a gardener or landscaper who would go into these suburbs and clean up rich people's yards. It showed the hidden, sordid lives of wealthy suburbia. Eventually this gardener befriends one of the rich folks' daughters. For some reason I want to say the actress was Dakota Fanning but it probably couldn't have been.

Anyway, an underlying storyline develops about Baba Yaga. I think the daughter starts telling the gardener about the legend.

Eventually the suburban people get suspicious of the gardener and assume he is molesting the daughter.

The movie gets really weird here. It turns into some kind of fantasy where the gardener is running from Baba Yaga and using all of these charms that the little girl has given him to lose Baba Yaga. Like, a wall grows up at one point, and a forest sprouts up or some poo poo.

Anyway, this has been bugging me for quite a while and I'd be pretty impressed if anyone could figure this out.

Thejaff
Jun 14, 2002
Bines au lard

boozebag posted:

Hey. I saw this movie probably six to eight years ago on cable television. I'd guess it was made around that time.

It involved a gardener or landscaper who would go into these suburbs and clean up rich people's yards. It showed the hidden, sordid lives of wealthy suburbia. Eventually this gardener befriends one of the rich folks' daughters. For some reason I want to say the actress was Dakota Fanning but it probably couldn't have been.

Anyway, an underlying storyline develops about Baba Yaga. I think the daughter starts telling the gardener about the legend.

Eventually the suburban people get suspicious of the gardener and assume he is molesting the daughter.

The movie gets really weird here. It turns into some kind of fantasy where the gardener is running from Baba Yaga and using all of these charms that the little girl has given him to lose Baba Yaga. Like, a wall grows up at one point, and a forest sprouts up or some poo poo.

Anyway, this has been bugging me for quite a while and I'd be pretty impressed if anyone could figure this out.

Lawn Dogs ?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119506/

boozebag
Jul 20, 2006
Holy poo poo that's it! Hahaha, wow I can't believe what a sense of relief that gave me. That's amazing Thejaff. Thanks a million. I'm going to rent that after work.

nyarlathotep667
Sep 5, 2005

Shazbot!
This scene has been driving me nuts for the past weeks as I can't figure what it's from and I know I'm going to kick myself for not remembering where. Anyhow, it's from some gangster/mob movie, and while not particularly helpful, it was done probably within the past 30-40 years (it's color), and is most likely from one of the major mob flicks everyone loves. I just can't remember which one. :saddowns:

The scene: Dark bar in what looks to be a nice restaurant that has closed for the evening. The mob boss (or a mob boss) is at the bar having a drink, possibly eating dinner, and stops the cook/chef as he's on the way out for the night (going home). They engage in some small talk when the mob boss suddenly stabs the cook in the leg. But the cook isn't hurt, as he's been stealing steaks by stuffing them in his pants (which is what the knife hit). Not sure what happens after that, but something brutal I think. Where the hell is this from?

Scrot Eel
Jan 22, 2002

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!

nyarlathotep667 posted:

The scene: Dark bar in what looks to be a nice restaurant that has closed for the evening. The mob boss (or a mob boss) is at the bar having a drink, possibly eating dinner, and stops the cook/chef as he's on the way out for the night (going home). They engage in some small talk when the mob boss suddenly stabs the cook in the leg. But the cook isn't hurt, as he's been stealing steaks by stuffing them in his pants (which is what the knife hit). Not sure what happens after that, but something brutal I think. Where the hell is this from?

It's not a mob movie, but that scene is in "The Slums of Beverly Hills" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120831/

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.
80s or 90s drama. It takes place in a European town, maybe Italy. The film starts with a child running through a field of long grass. The kid lives in a countryside type area where there aren't many people around. The bulk of the story has to do with a little boy (probably the one at the beginning) disappearing. Years later a teenage boy is found by police in whatever city is nearby, and claims to be the kid who went missing. He is brought back to the family.

I believe near the end of the film there is an extended flashback to a young man, I think he was a neighbour of the little boy, who finds another creepy man/neighbour in his basement either burying a boy or raping him.

I think the end of the film has the mother standing in her kitchen while a small kid swings on the swingset in the background (maybe a memory), having something to do with the fact that you're never sure if the little lost boy from the beginning of the film is the one that showed up later. The mother is convinced, but others are not.

e: I think the title of the movie is the kid's name.

nyarlathotep667
Sep 5, 2005

Shazbot!

Scrot Eel posted:

It's not a mob movie, but that scene is in "The Slums of Beverly Hills" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120831/

Hmmm... I don't know. After Googling the flick, I remember seeing it but I don't remember that scene being in it (though I could be wrong). I want to say I remember some dialog between the boss and the cook after he's found out, something about how could he have done this, how he had been such a loyal employee for so long, yadda yadda yadda. Then BAM! throat slit or something. This said, my memory is a very funny thing and I might have to watch "The Slums of Beverly Hills" again.

I Got Jokes
Dec 13, 2006
I'm not just going to post, Tom Harkin........

Thejaff posted:

Reposting from old thread since no one guessed it. Maybe more luck this time around.

Watched This: Mid 80's.
Genre: Action, probably
Remember:
I remember the basic plot, but details are fuzzy. It's basically some girl who gets murdered or raped by 3 guys/campers and her dad/boyfriend/whoever goes out to get revenge.
The movie is mostly about him hunting them in the woods. I think the first camper who gets killed was a fat guy alone in the camp by the side of a river and gets chased a bit in the water before being drowned/or his head smashed by a rock, I'm not too sure. I dont rememeber anything about the rest apart from a lot of running through woods. At the end, after he killed them all three, he comes back home to find the cops there that tells him they arrested the 3 guys that raped/murdered the girl.

Sounds kinda like Last House on the Left, Craven's first stab at horror badassery. Except for that last part about the cops coming in to tell him they caught the guys. In the LHotL they WERE the right guys...movie's the poo poo. So maybe different movie you're thinking of...?

mayday mayday
Nov 22, 2006

giangurgolo posted:

Posted from Ask/Tell:

There was this movie in this lower class village that I guess was in France or something where a man falls in love with a woman and as an attestment to his fanatical love for her sews the bow she wore on her head that he found to his stomach and hangs himself when she marries some wealthier dude. I remember the end with some other guy investigating the whole thing carefully taking out the bloody bow from the guy's stomach by a fireplace or some crap. The lovesick man had a moustache and I think the girl was blonde and she didn't care about him. It was a French movie with English subtitles if I remember correctly.

The thing I remember the most was the stitching of the bow onto his belly which was painful to watch.

Any clues what this movie was?

Manon des sources? Or its prequel Jean de Florette, I can't remember, but I think it's Manon.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0044883/ - 1953 version

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091480/ - 1986 version

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.
A tv movie aired on CBC in the mid-90s. Mainly focuses on a delinquent pre-teen boy named Cor(e)y. The kid is basically a psychopath and goes around doing bad things. It's a drama but it feels like a documentary. Everything takes place in some crap town, looks like a dying logging or mining town, rubble around.

At one point the kid gets a tattoo on his upper arm (I think he makes some other kid get one too), which later gets infected pretty badly.

I remember there being a pretty big run of promos for it on CBC up until it actually aired so hopefully there's a chance someone knows what I'm talking about.

edit: Ha! Why is it that I spend so long scouring IMDB and trying to think back, then I post about it and the title jumps at me ten minutes later.

Little Criminals

Pweller fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Jan 22, 2007

invalid user
Nov 15, 2006

Shit's expensive, bro. Plus, fuck Lurdiak.
I've got one.

I saw this I think in the early 90s on tv...

A kid in a small town finds a government-created laser beam weapon-thing... He has daydreams about being on the bridge of a starship as either a human explorer or an alien. He uses the beam weapon to try and fix things to be how they should be, but of course in his hubris he screws everything up. I think he kills a priest with it at some point... He definitely screams about how the aliens probably just never had a clear signal from their planet and shoots the beam off into space.

in the end he's gunned down, but the epilogue shows him on the bridge of the starship again...

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

invalid user posted:

A kid in a small town finds a government-created laser beam weapon-thing... He has daydreams about being on the bridge of a starship as either a human explorer or an alien. He uses the beam weapon to try and fix things to be how they should be, but of course in his hubris he screws everything up. I think he kills a priest with it at some point... He definitely screams about how the aliens probably just never had a clear signal from their planet and shoots the beam off into space.

in the end he's gunned down, but the epilogue shows him on the bridge of the starship again...
Deadly Weapon.

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.
Ok I think this might be an easy one, what movie is it where two guys are about to fight, and one of the guys who is shirtless takes a big bowie knife and cuts across one of his pecs to get psyched up.

IGotDConch
May 16, 2006

Welcome to the Free City of Newark

Pweller posted:

Ok I think this might be an easy one, what movie is it where two guys are about to fight, and one of the guys who is shirtless takes a big bowie knife and cuts across one of his pecs to get psyched up.

Unless there's another one that's definitely Predator.

invalid user
Nov 15, 2006

Shit's expensive, bro. Plus, fuck Lurdiak.

Action Jacktion posted:

Deadly Weapon.

This is certainly it. Thanks!

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

IGotDConch posted:

Unless there's another one that's definitely Predator.

Riiight, that must be it. The native scout guy right?
Thanks

Coffey
Sep 9, 2003

by T. Finn
An alien movie where the people whom get...uhh...possessed for the lack of a better word, have, like, these leeches that crawl into the back of their necks. It had to have been before 1990 or right around then.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Coffey posted:

An alien movie where the people whom get...uhh...possessed for the lack of a better word, have, like, these leeches that crawl into the back of their necks. It had to have been before 1990 or right around then.
Sounds like The Puppet Masters, though it came out in 1994.

Melicious
Nov 18, 2005
Ugh, stop licking my hand, you horse's ass!

Coffey posted:

Sounds like Invaders from Mars to me.

IGotDConch
May 16, 2006

Welcome to the Free City of Newark

Coffey posted:

I like both "Puppet Masters" and "Invaders from Mars" but I'm gonna have to go with "Night of the Creeps."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091630/maindetails

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

OK, I have 2:

1 - I think it's a British film - there's this down on his luck guy, and one day God comes down and talks to him, and tells him he must be His emissary. He has to tell everyone that God is pissed. Obviously, everyone thinks he's mad. But God keeps coming. I can't remember how it ended, but God was an old guy, dressed in white with a baseball cap - no beard. The guy He visits has a really crummy apartment. The media get involved at some point, too. Sorry for the lack of details.

2 - Kind of looks like a 70s film, set in an apartment. There's this black girl, and there's a puppet in the apartment, too. It's kind of creepy, then it starts moving, and terrorising her. Eventually, it rapes her, but she enjoys it. It could be a weird short film. I was really stoned at All Tomorrow's Parties when I seen it.

Cheers

Scrot Eel
Jan 22, 2002

Amphigory posted:

OK, I have 2:

1 - I think it's a British film - there's this down on his luck guy, and one day God comes down and talks to him, and tells him he must be His emissary. He has to tell everyone that God is pissed. Obviously, everyone thinks he's mad. But God keeps coming. I can't remember how it ended, but God was an old guy, dressed in white with a baseball cap - no beard. The guy He visits has a really crummy apartment. The media get involved at some point, too. Sorry for the lack of details.

2 - Kind of looks like a 70s film, set in an apartment. There's this black girl, and there's a puppet in the apartment, too. It's kind of creepy, then it starts moving, and terrorising her. Eventually, it rapes her, but she enjoys it. It could be a weird short film. I was really stoned at All Tomorrow's Parties when I seen it.

Cheers

#1 sounds like Oh, God! and #2 is one of my favorite shot-on-video-for-$200 movies of all time Black Devil Doll from Hell

giangurgolo
Jun 3, 2004
pulcinello

polaroid.deathtrap posted:

Manon des sources? Or its prequel Jean de Florette, I can't remember, but I think it's Manon.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0044883/ - 1953 version

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091480/ - 1986 version

Manon des Sources is it, thanks!

Internets LOL
Nov 29, 2004

by Lowtax
The movie is about ten years old. I remember a scene where a guy goes "the most dangerous place is your own home", or something to that effect, and then he takes out a drill and starts drilling a hole through a guy. I remember another scene where a guy gets his food caught in a bear trap (out in the desert, I think?). The entire plot revolves around people trying to find money, if I'm remembering correctly.

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Scrot Eel posted:

#1 sounds like Oh, God! and #2 is one of my favorite shot-on-video-for-$200 movies of all time Black Devil Doll from Hell

You are an absolute genius! Cheers!

Looks like it's going to be tricky to track down the Black Devil Doll From Hell

Rubber Biscuit
Jan 21, 2007

Yeah, I was in the shit.
I vaguely remember seeing, when i was young, some sci-fi movie which looked like it dated from around the 60's or 70's by the quality of the film.

The plot had to do with a basketball team and a breakfast cereal that gave them super strength or something along those lines.

Not exactly Citizen Kane but it still pops up in the back of my mind every so often.

Scrot Eel
Jan 22, 2002

Rubber Biscuit posted:

I vaguely remember seeing, when i was young, some sci-fi movie which looked like it dated from around the 60's or 70's by the quality of the film.

The plot had to do with a basketball team and a breakfast cereal that gave them super strength or something along those lines.

The Strongest Man in the World with Kurt Russell. This came on cable drat near every day when I was a kid, so it's buried in my subconscious as well.

Coffey
Sep 9, 2003

by T. Finn

Action Jacktion posted:

Sounds like The Puppet Masters, though it came out in 1994.

Man, this is really hard without seeing clips. I suppose it could be any of the three, or none of the three. I vaguely remember Donald Sutherland, or I could be making that up mentally, so I guess I'll try this one first...although '94 does seem too new.

ass is hometown
Jan 11, 2006

I gotta take a leak. When I get back, we're doing body shots.
Mid 90's, i think its Conspiracy Theory or Enemy of the State but could be a john grisham movie.

The movie starts with a man sitting down in a park i think he has a bag lunch but after a few seconds pulls out a gun and blows hisw brains out. im almost possitive this is the first scene if not second or third.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Ridonkulous posted:

The movie starts with a man sitting down in a park i think he has a bag lunch but after a few seconds pulls out a gun and blows hisw brains out. im almost possitive this is the first scene if not second or third.
The Net.

Anal Probing Tito
Jun 3, 2006
French movie with just paint splashing on different coloured backgrounds.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

90's movie I think, man comes home after war (?) blind. His dad is played by Peter O'Toole (I think). At the end the blind man walks into the sea because he can't stand being blind.

I remember another scene where the dad shaves his son.

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
All I remember is that it involved boxing. Some kid was from England and he was being tortured by German children who worshipped the Nazi's. They also killed his pet - which I think was a bird or something. There was a black man who helped teach him how to box I think, and he ended up dying.

I thought it was a really good movie from what I saw, but I totally forgot the name and never managed to finish watching it.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Himuro posted:

All I remember is that it involved boxing. Some kid was from England and he was being tortured by German children who worshipped the Nazi's. They also killed his pet - which I think was a bird or something. There was a black man who helped teach him how to box I think, and he ended up dying.

I thought it was a really good movie from what I saw, but I totally forgot the name and never managed to finish watching it.
The Power of One.

Whispering Machines
Dec 27, 2005

Monsters? They look like monsters to you?
This is super super vague, sorry. I was told about this movie (I don't know whether it was a tv movie or a theatre release or what) where this family moves into a haunted house, and then at the end of the movie there in a new happy house, and a woman is in the kitchen and is called down into the dark basement by her mother to help with the laundry, and a few moments after she descends into the darkness her mother comes into the kitchen, implying that the ghosts followed them or something.

Anyone seen/heard of this?

Edit: Thank you :)

Whispering Machines fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Jan 31, 2007

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Whispering Machines posted:

This is super super vague, sorry. I was told about this movie (I don't know whether it was a tv movie or a theatre release or what) where this family moves into a haunted house, and then at the end of the movie there in a new happy house, and a woman is in the kitchen and is called down into the dark basement by her mother to help with the laundry, and a few moments after she descends into the darkness her mother comes into the kitchen, implying that the ghosts followed them or something.
The Haunted, based on the supposedly true story of the Smurl haunting.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
There was a goon who posted a gif of a fat guy panicking because the "friend of the family alarm" was going off (hey if Quentin Tarantino can say it so can I), is this from a movie?

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Alan Smithee posted:

There was a goon who posted a gif of a fat guy panicking because the "friend of the family alarm" was going off (hey if Quentin Tarantino can say it so can I), is this from a movie?
Darktown Strutters:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0072844/
http://www.brainsonfilm.com/dtown.html

http://imagesocket.com/view/na44d.gif

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
This one's been bothering me for a while:

I was in a bar, and they were playing an asian movie (i'd guess japanese or korean) about robots and people fighting them, etc. It seemed very confusing, it jumped around a lot (there were flashback sequences that were all brown and other random stuff) and I had a hard time following it (which may have been due to me drinking).

The robots reminded me of the real world sequences in the matrix - they had the same sort of red eyes. The ones I saw in this movie were humanoid, though. There was a character wearing a red trenchcoat with white hair that looked like a total ripoff of Dante from the Devil May Cry games. (I'm not sure if the character looked like that throughout the movie, or dressed that way for certain scenes, etc)

I asked a bartender about it and he said it had robota or robotica in the name. (maybe principa robotica, though I haven't been able to find a movie with this descripition) It's probably not that old, unless Devil May Cry is ripping it off.

Any guesses?