Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny
Dec 31, 2005

Im trying to remember the name of this film, my friend once described it to me. I think it was about some girl who had no friends and made some creepy doll that came to life? It was a horror I think and the title was somebodys name.

Sorry for being so vague :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slackerish
Jan 1, 2007

Hail Boognish

Jonny posted:

Im trying to remember the name of this film, my friend once described it to me. I think it was about some girl who had no friends and made some creepy doll that came to life? It was a horror I think and the title was somebodys name.

Um, it's not the name of a person, but that sounds quite a bit like Tideland.

zombieman
Aug 8, 2003

That's one happy fucking egg!

Jonny posted:

It could be May:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0303361/

Kiriyama
Jul 17, 2003

Bitches. Leave.
I have very fond memories of a movie I watched as a child that involved giant mechs battling 1 on 1. I remember most battles being in a desert landscape and I think it was for military testing.
I'm pretty sure the climax involved the "nice guy" protagonist battling the main "rear end in a top hat" of the movie in their giant mechs.
It probably played on Cinemax or HBO (late 80's/early 90's) because I remember it being one of the first movies I got to see a female butt for the first time and it made me giggle.

Kiriyama fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Feb 13, 2007

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005
I remember a WWIII movie about russians and americans fighting in the snow. Sylvester Stallone was one of the soldiers. At the end he is hiding in a metal tube, firing at the russians. He runs out of ammo, and finds his sleeve is frozen to the pipe.

When he looks up, he sees a russian soldier. They look at each other for a moment, then the russian shoots him.

The movie ends with the american and russian commanders shaking hands while one of the russian soldiers throws a grenade at them.

Can't remember what it was called though.

invalid user
Nov 15, 2006

Shit's expensive, bro. Plus, fuck Lurdiak.

Kiriyama posted:

I have very fond memories of a movie I watched as a child that involved giant mechs battling 1 on 1. I remember most battles being in a desert landscape and I think it was for military testing.
I'm pretty sure the climax involved the "nice guy" protagonist battling the main "rear end in a top hat" of the movie in their giant mechs.
It probably played on Cinemax or HBO (late 80's/early 90's) because I remember it being one of the first movies I got to see a female butt for the first time and it made me giggle.

This sounds to me like Robot Jox http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102800/

Maximus8198
Jul 13, 2006
Good luck to whoever attempts this one, I don't have too many clues as to what it is.

I saw this movie possibly 2 summers ago on Sci-Fi channel at 4 AM. Although I saw it on Sci-Fi, I do not believe it was a Sci-Fi made movie. The movie seemed much like Bruce Campbell movies, although he was not in it (read: over-the-top, blatant satirism, comedic sci-fi). All I can remember is that the main character time travelled and he fought aliens. If I remember correctly he worked for the government as well. In addition to this, I believe the movie may have been a sequel. Also, I believe that the movie's title was fairly long (at least 4 or 5 words), if that helps at all.

Hopefully someone knows what I'm talking about, because I sure don't.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Maximus8198 posted:

Good luck to whoever attempts this one, I don't have too many clues as to what it is.

I saw this movie possibly 2 summers ago on Sci-Fi channel at 4 AM. Although I saw it on Sci-Fi, I do not believe it was a Sci-Fi made movie. The movie seemed much like Bruce Campbell movies, although he was not in it (read: over-the-top, blatant satirism, comedic sci-fi). All I can remember is that the main character time travelled and he fought aliens. If I remember correctly he worked for the government as well. In addition to this, I believe the movie may have been a sequel. Also, I believe that the movie's title was fairly long (at least 4 or 5 words), if that helps at all.

The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension?

Jonny
Dec 31, 2005

zombieman posted:

It could be May:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0303361/

Thats the one, thanks!

Kiriyama
Jul 17, 2003

Bitches. Leave.

invalid user posted:

This sounds to me like Robot Jox http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102800/
That's the one! Thanks, that's been bothering me for months.

Maximus8198
Jul 13, 2006

FitFortDanga posted:

The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension?

Nope...that's not it, although that movie looks really funny / interesting.

squirrelcop
Aug 21, 2006

Maintain Right
Ive been trying to find this movie since I was little.

Its about some teenage delinquents who get trained as commandos. Its sort of a coming of age story for bad kids. If I recall, the very end has them driving away from the villains place, after blowing it up and they are stopped by a cop. They smooth talk their way out and drive away, having grown up and learned a valuable lesson.
also its from the 80's
and I think at some point they are training in the woods, and the quiet/smart guy snares a bully in a trap

squirrelcop fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Feb 15, 2007

Emmitt Nervend
Mar 16, 2001

A movie I saw on USA up all night many many moons ago:

Either Burt Reynolds or Tom Selleck. He is in an office building and there are lots of little mechanical killer spiders. The end of the movie takes place on some scaffolding or something on the side of the building. That's all I remember, but I think it should be enough if someone remembers it.

squirrelcop
Aug 21, 2006

Maintain Right

Emmitt Nervend posted:

A movie I saw on USA up all night many many moons ago:

Either Burt Reynolds or Tom Selleck. He is in an office building and there are lots of little mechanical killer spiders. The end of the movie takes place on some scaffolding or something on the side of the building. That's all I remember, but I think it should be enough if someone remembers it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088024/

Runaway with Tom Selleck
"It Is The Future. He fought the horror of robots programmed to kill"

Emmitt Nervend
Mar 16, 2001

squirrelcop posted:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088024/

Runaway with Tom Selleck
"It Is The Future. He fought the horror of robots programmed to kill"

:hellyeah: thanks!

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

squirrelcop posted:

Runaway with Tom Selleck
... and don't forget that the bad guy is none other than Gene Simmons!

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Maximus8198 posted:

Except for the alien angle, that sounds like a description of Timecop, starring van Damme and Ron Silver. With the aliens it's maybe...Dark City?.

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Feb 16, 2007

JoeNotCharles
Mar 3, 2005

Yet beyond each tree there are only more trees.
Huh? That sounds absolutely nothing like Dark City. There's no time travel, no government, and no comedy. The only thing they have in common are aliens.

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

Maximus8198 posted:

The Ice Pirates has spoofy, over the top, time travelling, sci-fi. But I don't remember any sequels and its title isn't very long.

Can you hazard a guess as to when it looked like it was made?

Armyman25 posted:

I remember a WWIII movie about russians and americans fighting in the snow. Sylvester Stallone was one of the soldiers. At the end he is hiding in a metal tube, firing at the russians. He runs out of ammo, and finds his sleeve is frozen to the pipe.

When he looks up, he sees a russian soldier. They look at each other for a moment, then the russian shoots him.

The movie ends with the american and russian commanders shaking hands while one of the russian soldiers throws a grenade at them.

Can't remember what it was called though.

Did you mean to type WW3? I don't think Sly was in this. Victory was his only WWII movie as far as I know.

Pweller fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Feb 17, 2007

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

JoeNotCharles posted:

Huh? That sounds absolutely nothing like Dark City. There's no time travel, no government, and no comedy. The only thing they have in common are aliens.
Well, there's time manipulation, and um...okay you're right, I'm way off with that guess.

But the details as given are pretty vague. Was it 'time travel' from our time into the medieval past, or from the past into our time, or into some future, or did future aliens come to the present?
Did the aliens look like us, or did they look like a completely different species...
What about :
another Jean Claude movie, Masters of the Universe II: The Cyborg
or maybe
Xtro 2: The Second Encounter or possibly Xtro 3: Watch the Skies.

zombieman
Aug 8, 2003

That's one happy fucking egg!

Binary Logic posted:

Well, there's time manipulation, and um...okay you're right, I'm way off with that guess.

But the details as given are pretty vague. Was it 'time travel' from our time into the medieval past, or from the past into our time, or into some future, or did future aliens come to the present?
Did the aliens look like us, or did they look like a completely different species...
What about :
or maybe

There's no time travel in Cyborg, which isn't actually a sequel to Masters Of The Universe (Though it started life as one), and the travelling in Xtro II is dimensional.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

Pweller posted:

Did you mean to type WW3? I don't think Sly was in this. Victory was his only WWII movie as far as I know.

That's probably it. Don't know who the actor I'm thinking of is though.

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused
I cannot remember when, where, or why I saw this movie, but the premise was two kids younger brother older sister, are kinda troublemakers and move from school to school, possibly with single mother or just a distant dad. They end up living with a relative for some reason and learn to be better people. The only specific things i can remember are, one of them pretending to cut off there own finger at school and scaring their class mates, and at one point deciding to scare the curmudgeonly neighbor guy by having the girl hide in his tree dressed as a ghost, but it went wrong and he ends up thinking she was an angel and the branches got bent in such a way that their shadows looked like Jesus.
Thanks in advance.

sabinscabin
Jan 23, 2006
someone tell me the name of this movie, it's about a conductor who competes with a solo violinist for a woman, who is the conductor's wife. Here's what happens in it

- at one point, they play a concerto in a large auditorium
- at another point, a conductor and the violinist are in some kind of social setting (maybe a bar or club) and violin-duel each other with the gypsy piece "Csardas Monti"
- it appears to take place in the 60's in New York City, although I really can't be sure
- at the end, the conductor finds out his wife really is having an affair with the violinist. As he is conducting a concert, he schemes up an idea to wear some kind of demon / goblin mask and kill both of them
- in actuality, he gets drunk and can only get a pig mask, and fails miserably to even hurt the two. I remember most of the ending really clearly; the woman supports her drunk husband the conductor as the two walk down the street, (and get on a taxi iirc).

EDIT: Never mind, it's "Unfaithfully yours"

sabinscabin fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Feb 17, 2007

Miyamoto Musashi
Jul 22, 2006

TylerGred posted:

I need help on this one....

Basically it's about a man who lives on a farm and is getting married. He travels to a city (Detroit) I think and buys a Lamborghini. Some how or another he gets a lovely Lamborghini that breaks down in an intersection with a car full of hot girls laughing at him.

Basically I remember that scene and the scene where he is designing his car and I believe he choses the color red...

Saw its many years ago on HBO I think.

Any ideas.

Think I found it. I have hazy childhood memories of seeing the trailer for this film as well. This was back when I thought that Lamborghinis were the Coolest Cars Ever.

I'm pretty sure the movie you're looking for is "It Takes Two" (1988).
http://imdb.com/title/tt0095384/

Spider Crusoe
Jan 30, 2005

I've got two I can't remember.

The first was about a girl and a boy who's families meet in Africa, and some bad guys end up killing both their families, but the two escape. They have to escape through a desert, and from there I don't remember what happens. This was from the 90s.

The other is an 80s movie. It's a about a few kids who discover an alien spaceship, and they end up going to space. They meet some alien (who turns out to be a kid), and they're told about bad things that happen on Earth.

Rob was taken
Mar 8, 2006

Spider Crusoe posted:

I've got two I can't remember.

The other is an 80s movie. It's a about a few kids who discover an alien spaceship, and they end up going to space. They meet some alien (who turns out to be a kid), and they're told about bad things that happen on Earth.

Sounds a bit like Explorers

Maximus8198
Jul 13, 2006

Binary Logic posted:

What about :
or maybe

Wow, nothing you guys have mentioned is it yet. I've been racking my brain for more info but I've had a hard time remembering anything. I'll attempt to describe it a little more. The main character seemed to travel from the present to the future and then back to the present. I remember him in a room with a Scientist of some sort. I believe that they were discussing what he had to do in the current time period. The movie was definitely more of a farce or a comedy than an action movie, hence why I said it was sort of like a Bruce Campbell sci-fi movie. The 'bad guys' were either bugs of some kind or aliens, and I'm slightly positive that they could take the form of humans. In addition, I believe that the main character's name was in the movie's title.

The worst part about this is that I remember searching and finding the movie on IMDB when I first saw it. I bookmarked it to remember to watch it later on but my hard drive has been erased since then so I lost it. I really hope some of these new hints can help you guys.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Spider Crusoe posted:

The first was about a girl and a boy who's families meet in Africa, and some bad guys end up killing both their families, but the two escape. They have to escape through a desert, and from there I don't remember what happens. This was from the 90s.
A Far Off Place.

Spider Crusoe
Jan 30, 2005

Rob was taken posted:

Sounds a bit like Explorers

Action Jacktion posted:

A Far Off Place.
Thanks, guys, those were what I was looking for.

JoeNotCharles
Mar 3, 2005

Maximus8198 posted:

In addition, I believe that the main character's name was in the movie's title.

Ooh, I got it! Is it Buck Rogers in the 25th Century?

TylerGred
Aug 11, 2003

Miyamoto Musashi posted:

Think I found it. I have hazy childhood memories of seeing the trailer for this film as well. This was back when I thought that Lamborghinis were the Coolest Cars Ever.

I'm pretty sure the movie you're looking for is "It Takes Two" (1988).
http://imdb.com/title/tt0095384/

Holy poo poo that's it.

Thank you.

The Littlest Man
Jun 24, 2005

(Duke, who would want this)

This one's been bugging me for years.

I saw it in the early 90's on HBO or Showtime. It was a cheesy horror flick with a bunch of kids in a mansion being killed off one by one. I distinctly remember two scenes but the rest of the movie is a blur.

In the first scene I remember, there's a guy and a girl going at it in an open coffin. The girl, if I remember correctly, turns into some kind of monster and kills the guy. The other scene is the very end of the movie. Only a black guy and some chick make it out of the mansion alive, but they're being chased by all the monsters. There's a fence around the house that the black guy jumps over and when he reaches down to grab the girl's hand the monsters start to pull her away. He grabs her hand and pulls her up, and I distinctly remember seeing her wrist pop like her hand was being pulled off. The movie ends with the two of them walking away from the mansion.

Probably not the best explanation I could give but man, this has been haunting me for a long time.

pazetihutih
Nov 6, 2005

by angerbotSD
these two have been annoying me most recently.

The first movie is from the early nineties i think and it's about a kid who is driving this car, red convertible maybe, with these wooden extenders so he can reach the pedals. He's driving around the u.s. searching for these lottery tickets for some reason. One of the gas station attendants collects string to add to his kite which has a letter to god on it and another attendant is a horrible monster who is friendly. The whole thing ends up being a dream and he ends up working for the string collecting attendant.

The other movie is newer and is foreign, dutch maybe, and is about this kitchen company which is researching male habits in the kitchen. They send employee's to this remote frozen town to sit watch in single men's kitchen all the day long and write down what happens. Their disallowed to get close to their subjects to remain objective. Many of the employee's end up breaking this rule and I think the whole questions the validity of any notion of objectivity since as humans you naturally bring along human feelings and ideas or something.

Much thanks to whomever can identify these for me.

JoeNotCharles
Mar 3, 2005

azthth posted:

The other movie is newer and is foreign, dutch maybe, and is about this kitchen company which is researching male habits in the kitchen. They send employee's to this remote frozen town to sit watch in single men's kitchen all the day long and write down what happens. Their disallowed to get close to their subjects to remain objective. Many of the employee's end up breaking this rule and I think the whole questions the validity of any notion of objectivity since as humans you naturally bring along human feelings and ideas or something.

Kitchen Stories

Frost
Dec 6, 2003
Don't let the Frost bite you
Ok, I got one that has been occupying me for a while now. It was a blast to watch because it was so bad and cheesy.

It was a vampire movie from Sweden or Norway or some other nordic country I believe.
It started with a guy and two girls going to an old mansion (prolly because the dude inherited it) and they find an old book and a stone coffin in the basement and one of them gets a paper cut and the blood drop awakens the rotten remains of some vampire. Then they read from the book and some flashbacks occur, and the vampire goes around killing people. There's also a gang of vampire killers who ambush a group of vampires in a night club because the vampires abducted a girl.
The thing I remember most distinctively about the film is a priest from Peru though. He has a vision from god and travels to Denmark/Norway/whatever to save the abducted girl. He was funny because he introduced himself to the dumbfounded girl lisping "I'm Ercia Garcia from Peru" while wielding a gun or sword or something.

If I remember correctly it was shot on video and had a mid-90s look to it.

The title might or might not have been something like "Prince of the night" or "Demons of Darkness" or similar, searching IMDB has left me unsuccessful so far. Help is very much appreciated.

EDIT: Funny, but writing this all down has flicked a switch in my brain and given me control of my memories again. I remembered the title myself!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0138647/

Angel Of The Night (Nattens Engel) and it's from Denmark.

Frost fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Feb 19, 2007

IGotDConch
May 16, 2006

Welcome to the Free City of Newark

azthth posted:

The first movie is from the early nineties i think and it's about a kid who is driving this car, red convertible maybe, with these wooden extenders so he can reach the pedals. He's driving around the u.s. searching for these lottery tickets for some reason. One of the gas station attendants collects string to add to his kite which has a letter to god on it and another attendant is a horrible monster who is friendly. The whole thing ends up being a dream and he ends up working for the string collecting attendant.

That's "Motorama," which seems to come up a lot probably because it's so weird.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0104922/

Maximus8198
Jul 13, 2006

JoeNotCharles posted:

Ooh, I got it! Is it Buck Rogers in the 25th Century?

Nope. It was definitely more recent that Buck Rogers.

JoeNotCharles
Mar 3, 2005

Maximus8198 posted:

Nope. It was definitely more recent that Buck Rogers.

Josh Kirby... Time Warrior: Chapter 6, Last Battle for the Universe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodney Munch
May 4, 2006

IT'S NOT MY FAULT THAT MY GENES HATE HOMOSEXUALS
This was a documentary about skinheads or the kkk or something. I watched it once on TV when I was younger and I remember it being kinda funny. There was a part where all these rednecks were sitting around watching old WWII films and they saw this little kid playing the drums in a hitler parade. They then spent a good 5 minutes talking about the boy and how he "really has his poo poo together" and how they all wished they could be him. I just remember thinking "uh... dude. Its just a kid playing a drum. Are you people retarded?"

Oh yeah and there was a part where they were trying to explain why skinheads shave their head and it was something like "the skinhead shaves his head because the whiteman is constantly being shitted on by jews and we have to cleanse ourselves by removing our hair".

Rodney Munch fucked around with this message at 11:01 on Feb 20, 2007