Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year

PonchtheJedi posted:

You might be thinking of half of the movie "Quicksilver Highway" a movie featuring two adaptations of horror writers, one by Stephen King (Chattery Teeth) and one by Clive Barker (The Body Politic)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119975/

The Clive Barker story is about a surgeon's hands rebelling against him, and eventually everybody's hands rebel. It has scenes with lots of hands fighting and killing humans.

This would be it, I believe. Thank you much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Rodney Munch posted:

This was a documentary about skinheads or the kkk or something. I watched it once on TV when I was younger and I remember it being kinda funny. There was a part where all these rednecks were sitting around watching old WWII films and they saw this little kid playing the drums in a hitler parade. They then spent a good 5 minutes talking about the boy and how he "really has his poo poo together" and how they all wished they could be him. I just remember thinking "uh... dude. Its just a kid playing a drum. Are you people retarded?"

Oh yeah and there was a part where they were trying to explain why skinheads shave their head and it was something like "the skinhead shaves his head because the whiteman is constantly being shitted on by jews and we have to cleanse ourselves by removing our hair".

Blood in the Face?

Maximus8198
Jul 13, 2006

Not this either, although this movie looks hilarious.

Cloneborg
Jul 9, 2003

Neclord!!
I have been trying to think of a movie all day and it finally occurred to me that this thread was here! I saw this on TV probably about 10 years ago. I think it was Australian and it was about a teacher and her students trying to escape from some guys who were trying to kill them. At the very end they overcame the guys somehow and it ends with showing these jars in the back of the classroom containing the bad guys' hearts or something. I asked my brother if he remembered it and he thinks I might be going crazy. Thanks for any help!

Scrot Eel
Jan 22, 2002

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!

Cloneborg posted:

I have been trying to think of a movie all day and it finally occurred to me that this thread was here! I saw this on TV probably about 10 years ago. I think it was Australian and it was about a teacher and her students trying to escape from some guys who were trying to kill them. At the very end they overcame the guys somehow and it ends with showing these jars in the back of the classroom containing the bad guys' hearts or something. I asked my brother if he remembered it and he thinks I might be going crazy. Thanks for any help!

Sounds like Fortress - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091069/

I don't remember the part about the hearts, but it's been a while since I've seen it. Did some of the bad guys have Santa Claus masks?

Cloneborg
Jul 9, 2003

Neclord!!

Scrot Eel posted:

Sounds like Fortress - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091069/

I don't remember the part about the hearts, but it's been a while since I've seen it. Did some of the bad guys have Santa Claus masks?

That's it! And I do remember them wearing Santa Claus masks. :)

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Sci-fi/fantasy movie, made in the 1980's. I saw it on the SciFi Channel a long time ago. Some guy living in NYC thinks that he is in a fantasy world. I think Tom Hanks may have been in it, but it's probably just merging with my memories of the movie Big.

edit: It's probably Mazes and Monsters. I'm sorry.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
I remember reading about a really intense director who was so anal, when he did a movie about Kaiser Wilhelm's troops he made the actors wear historically accurate underwear, anyone know which movie I'm talking about?

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Alan Smithee posted:

I remember reading about a really intense director who was so anal, when he did a movie about Kaiser Wilhelm's troops he made the actors wear historically accurate underwear, anyone know which movie I'm talking about?

I believe that's Erich von Stroheim

Grumpy The Dwarf
Dec 15, 2006
Hi goons,

I just came across this picture and i know it's from some horror movie
i watched once when i was a kid.

Unfortunately, i cannot remember the name of the movie.

Is anyone able to identify the name of it by the picture??

Cheers!

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
It's from notable horror series Phantasm which has given us the orb, the tall man, killer dwarves, and four barrel shotguns. :rock:

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0079714/

Grumpy The Dwarf
Dec 15, 2006
Spot on Ape!!! Thanks a lot!!!! Can't wait to see it again.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?

The Littlest Man posted:

This one's been bugging me for years.

I saw it in the early 90's on HBO or Showtime. It was a cheesy horror flick with a bunch of kids in a mansion being killed off one by one. I distinctly remember two scenes but the rest of the movie is a blur.

In the first scene I remember, there's a guy and a girl going at it in an open coffin. The girl, if I remember correctly, turns into some kind of monster and kills the guy. The other scene is the very end of the movie. Only a black guy and some chick make it out of the mansion alive, but they're being chased by all the monsters. There's a fence around the house that the black guy jumps over and when he reaches down to grab the girl's hand the monsters start to pull her away. He grabs her hand and pulls her up, and I distinctly remember seeing her wrist pop like her hand was being pulled off. The movie ends with the two of them walking away from the mansion.

Probably not the best explanation I could give but man, this has been haunting me for a long time.

Sounds very much like Night Of The Demons
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093624/

quote:

Good luck to whoever attempts this one, I don't have too many clues as to what it is.

I saw this movie possibly 2 summers ago on Sci-Fi channel at 4 AM. Although I saw it on Sci-Fi, I do not believe it was a Sci-Fi made movie. The movie seemed much like Bruce Campbell movies, although he was not in it (read: over-the-top, blatant satirism, comedic sci-fi). All I can remember is that the main character time travelled and he fought aliens. If I remember correctly he worked for the government as well. In addition to this, I believe the movie may have been a sequel. Also, I believe that the movie's title was fairly long (at least 4 or 5 words), if that helps at all.

Hopefully someone knows what I'm talking about, because I sure don't.

Also that time travilling one sounds a bit like Waxwork 2: Lost In Time
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105792/
Zach Galligan looks a little like Bruce Campbell.

Coffey posted:

An alien movie where the people whom get...uhh...possessed for the lack of a better word, have, like, these leeches that crawl into the back of their necks. It had to have been before 1990 or right around then.

The Hidden?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093185/

Slasherfan fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Feb 24, 2007

TastySalmonellaYUM!
Feb 22, 2007
Insert generic movie and/or Chappelle's show catchphrase here
HELP ME!

Theres this movie about a fugitive, and he keeps running fom some guy who looks just like Thomas L. Jones. He's also looking for this man with one leg or something. I remember he said "It wasn't me, it was a guy with only one leg!". Then all of a sudden a spaceship blew up the White House and Jeff Goldblum got in a fight with the President.

What movie was this?

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

TastySalmonellaYUM! posted:

HELP ME!

Theres this movie about a fugitive, and he keeps running fom some guy who looks just like Thomas L. Jones. He's also looking for this man with one leg or something. I remember he said "It wasn't me, it was a guy with only one leg!". Then all of a sudden a spaceship blew up the White House and Jeff Goldblum got in a fight with the President.

What movie was this?

The Fugitive-Independence Day crossover fan fiction I just wrote. Did you like the slime-orgy with the alien being pleasured by all the FBI agents?

3 gets you 2
Oct 23, 2004

by DocEvil

myo posted:

I saw this Thai movie, about 2-3 years old I think. It's about a Japanese man hiding from the yakuza in Thailand, and then his brother comes to visit him and get's killed. The guy ends up falling in love with some stripper. What in the hell is the name I've been looking everywhere.

I didn't see anyone answer this, which is a shame considering how awesome the movie is.
You're thinking of Last Life in the Universe
http://imdb.com/title/tt0345549/

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

3 gets you 2 posted:

I didn't see anyone answer this, which is a shame considering how awesome the movie is.
You're thinking of Last Life in the Universe
http://imdb.com/title/tt0345549/

Are you loving retarded? He found it himself, it's in the same post you quoted... from three months ago.

myo posted:

edit: Never mind, I actually just found it myself Googling; It's called "Last Life in the Universe" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0345549/

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

Slasherfan posted:

Also that time travilling one sounds a bit like Waxwork 2: Lost In Time
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105792/
Zach Galligan looks a little like Bruce Campbell.

The Hidden?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093185/

Could beAlien Apocalypse
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0404756/

and

Friday the 13th, Jason Goes to Hell?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107254/

And Bruce Campbell was in Waxwork II

3 gets you 2
Oct 23, 2004

by DocEvil

FitFortDanga posted:

Are you loving retarded? He found it himself, it's in the same post you quoted... from three months ago.

I'll just be off in the corner then...

and for the record, that's not from the same post I quoted. It's three inches down from that post:colbert:

Eris Is Goddess
Nov 18, 2000

TastySalmonellaYUM! posted:

HELP ME!

What movie was this?
Lurk more 2: The Lurkmorening.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Eris Is Goddess posted:

Lurk more 2: The Lurkmorening.

No I think it was "I'm a Goddamn Retard Who Doesn't Understand How This Forum Works: 2"

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.
I read a movie plot outline on imdb awhile back, about a japanese warlord or someone of significant social rank who comes to the realization that people don't think he's as hot poo poo as he thought they did. He then presumably goes through a period of re-evaluating his life.

It piqued my interest at the time, but obviously I forgot the title. I thought it was a Kurosawa film but looking through his credits on imdb isn't really bringing up anything like this as I remember. Sound familiar?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Pweller posted:

I read a movie plot outline on imdb awhile back, about a japanese warlord or someone of significant social rank who comes to the realization that people don't think he's as hot poo poo as he thought they did. He then presumably goes through a period of re-evaluating his life.

It piqued my interest at the time, but obviously I forgot the title. I thought it was a Kurosawa film but looking through his credits on imdb isn't really bringing up anything like this as I remember. Sound familiar?

I'm not a Kurosawa buff by any measure but my guess is Ran, only because of the famous shot of the guy and the burning building

Mental Midget
Apr 18, 2005

We're glad you could play SQIV. As usual, you've been a real pantload.
My family and I rented a cheesy sci-fi movie years and years ago, obviously a very low budget movie.

I can't remember the name of the movie but our family has been making fun of the tagline for years, "6 inches with an attitude!" or something to that effect.

The plot is this bad-rear end bounty hunter or something crash lands on earth, but the problem is earth is 5 times the size of his home planet, so the guy is like 6 inches tall.

Anyone have a clue as to what this cheeseball flick is titled? I want to Netflix it for nostalgia's sake but can't remember the title.

Mental Midget fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Feb 25, 2007

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
You'd be looking for the epic Charles Band series Dollman starring Tim Thomerson.

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0101751/

Mental Midget
Apr 18, 2005

We're glad you could play SQIV. As usual, you've been a real pantload.

Ape Agitator posted:

You'd be looking for the epic Charles Band series Dollman starring Tim Thomerson.

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0101751/

Haha awesome~!

Thanks a bunch, reading more about this flick it seems it has somewhat of a following and the cheesiness stands up well over the years, I can't wait to see it again!

This whole thread is like a depository for old b movies that I now need to add to my netflix queue. Great stuff!

Elderling
Feb 17, 2007

I have a couple.

The first movie I ever remember really terrifying me--to the point where I didn't sleep for days--was called "La Casa del Terror" in Spanish, but that was a poor translation. As I recall the original English title had something to do with living in a house... er, like Residence, I don't know. Anyway, there was this family that moved into a house that was !haunted. I remember there was a horrible squat gray stone statue over the front door, and it liked to decapitate people. There was also a scene where they break down a wall and find the corpse of a little girl chained to a wall, and they think the haunting was because the poor girl's spirit couldn't rest, but then it turns out she was really evil after all... unless I'm mixing it up with The Ring a bit too much. Anyway, I must have seen it around '98 or so (give or take a couple years), and I figure it must have been from the early-mid '90s. Help? I try searching but there's an old Mexican horror movie called "La Casa del Terror" that definitely isn't it.

The second is a Spanish version of Cinderella. It was beautifully done--I started watching it because I thought it was funny, and then I fell in love with the actress playing Cinderella--I still have no idea who she was. It was Spanish as in from Spain, I'm pretty sure--I'm Mexican, and they had some strong but awesome Spanish accents (I've always wanted one). It looked oldish--maybe '80s. There was a terrible special effect where Cinderella would throw a nut or an acorn on the floor, and it would instantly be replaced by a gown or a dress. There was a scene where she dressed as a hunter and outshot the prince and his friends with a crossbow, but none of them realized she was a girl. I saw it on the local channel in Oaxaca, Mexico, which is why I at first assumed it would be terrible. At this point all I remember is that the girl was so absolutely beautiful that corny scenes which normally would have made me cringe made me smile.

Note: it just occurred to me that it might have been called "Tres Avellanas para Cenicienta," only when I looked it up all I got was a blog where some dude said that it was a Czech movie. I can't find any more information on it.

zombieman
Aug 8, 2003

That's one happy fucking egg!
I've got one that's been bugging me for days, but I have very little information. It's from a making of documentary or featurette, for a film released in the last probably 15 years. All I can remember is an actor jokingly claiming the director only hired him for his ability to vomit on command! I think the genre is horror, possibly horror comedy, but I might be wrong. If anyone can help me based on the pathetic amount of info I've given, I'll be forever in their debt!

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

Alan Smithee posted:

I'm not a Kurosawa buff by any measure but my guess is Ran, only because of the famous shot of the guy and the burning building

I think this must be the one, maybe I was reading someone's comments or something regarding the plot. Thanks senor.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

zombieman posted:

I've got one that's been bugging me for days, but I have very little information. It's from a making of documentary or featurette, for a film released in the last probably 15 years. All I can remember is an actor jokingly claiming the director only hired him for his ability to vomit on command! I think the genre is horror, possibly horror comedy, but I might be wrong. If anyone can help me based on the pathetic amount of info I've given, I'll be forever in their debt!

Beyond the Mat perhaps? It's a documentary about Wrestlers and there's a guy who can vomit on command.

TheZissou
Aug 23, 2006

You left your dog, you idiots!
Okay, I got one. It was a kid's movie that came out sometime in the 90s. It was about a little boy who falls into this whirlpool and he ends up in this a inhabited by ninja kangaroo-people. That's all I really remember from the movie. Any help with the title would be appreciated.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

TheZissou posted:

Okay, I got one. It was a kid's movie that came out sometime in the 90s. It was about a little boy who falls into this whirlpool and he ends up in this a inhabited by ninja kangaroo-people. That's all I really remember from the movie. Any help with the title would be appreciated.
Warriors of Virtue.

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

The city is alive tonight

Carthag posted:

Beyond the Mat perhaps? It's a documentary about Wrestlers and there's a guy who can vomit on command.

I'm sure this is it. The guy was Darren Drozdov

zombieman
Aug 8, 2003

That's one happy fucking egg!

Carthag posted:

Definitely not, I've never seen that.

ClydeUmney
May 13, 2004

One can hardly ignore the Taoist implications of "Fuck it, Dude. Let's go bowling."

After listening to the director of West Bank Story talk about the problems inherent in making a comedy about Israel/Palestine relations, it started me thinking about another one, from a few years ago (5-8, TOPS--I remember seeing ads at the Belcourt for it). I honestly don't remember much; I believe it was from the Palestinan point of view, and for some reason, I feel like a balloon played heavily in the trailer. The problem is, I never saw it--it looked pretty bizarre, but not uninteresting. Any idea what I'm talking about?

PonchtheJedi
Feb 20, 2004

Still got some work to do...
Here is another one, since you guys are so damned good at this.

I think this was one of those Wide World of Disney movies that used to play on Sunday nights here in the states, so it was probably a made for TV movie. It involved a group of kids trying to rescue their dog from a (possibly evil) dog pound. There were like five kids. The leader, or maybe the leader and his sister get their dog kidnapped and put in the pound, so they decide to break him out. They have everybody dress up in black clothing. There is a fat and/or goofy kid that tells his mom that he's dressing that way for a costume party, and so she makes him wear his old superhero Halloween costume. At one point the kid is trying to hide, so he sits next to some barrels that have the same color scheme as his costume, and the bad guys don't notice. The only other thing I remember is that one of their friends was a guy who had two of those toy guns that shoot the little rubber plungers, and he was a very good shot. One scene from this movie was him sneaking in somewhere, and one of the guards/dogcatchers walks in, and the kid remembers he left the light on. He shoots one of his guns and manages to hit the switch, shutting off the light just in the nick of time. The dogcatcher guy shows up, looks around, then notices the plunger. He grabs it off the wall and walks out.

I know that's a bit of a strange one, but any ideas?

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year

ClydeUmney posted:

After listening to the director of West Bank Story talk about the problems inherent in making a comedy about Israel/Palestine relations, it started me thinking about another one, from a few years ago (5-8, TOPS--I remember seeing ads at the Belcourt for it). I honestly don't remember much; I believe it was from the Palestinan point of view, and for some reason, I feel like a balloon played heavily in the trailer. The problem is, I never saw it--it looked pretty bizarre, but not uninteresting. Any idea what I'm talking about?

I saw a foriegn film ( I believe it was Iranian) that centered on a young child following a balloon.

It definitely wasn't Palestinian though.

IGotDConch
May 16, 2006

Welcome to the Free City of Newark

PonchtheJedi posted:

Here is another one, since you guys are so damned good at this.

I think this was one of those Wide World of Disney movies that used to play on Sunday nights here in the states, so it was probably a made for TV movie. It involved a group of kids trying to rescue their dog from a (possibly evil) dog pound. There were like five kids. The leader, or maybe the leader and his sister get their dog kidnapped and put in the pound, so they decide to break him out. They have everybody dress up in black clothing. There is a fat and/or goofy kid that tells his mom that he's dressing that way for a costume party, and so she makes him wear his old superhero Halloween costume. At one point the kid is trying to hide, so he sits next to some barrels that have the same color scheme as his costume, and the bad guys don't notice. The only other thing I remember is that one of their friends was a guy who had two of those toy guns that shoot the little rubber plungers, and he was a very good shot. One scene from this movie was him sneaking in somewhere, and one of the guards/dogcatchers walks in, and the kid remembers he left the light on. He shoots one of his guns and manages to hit the switch, shutting off the light just in the nick of time. The dogcatcher guy shows up, looks around, then notices the plunger. He grabs it off the wall and walks out.

I know that's a bit of a strange one, but any ideas?

I asked about this exact same movie on IMDB months ago and was told it was "Little Spies." Unfortunately, I can't locate a copy so I can't confirm whether this is actually it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091420/

Scrot Eel
Jan 22, 2002

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!

Mike N Eich posted:

I saw a foriegn film ( I believe it was Iranian) that centered on a young child following a balloon.

It definitely wasn't Palestinian though.

The White Balloon - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112445/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NewAccountUsername
May 5, 2006

Ok, I asked this in a previous incarnation of the thread but I don't actually expect anyone to get it based on my description. Nevertheless, its a movie my brother mentions whenever we're watching something horrible on tv that happens to have one funny joke in it. So the scene is one guy walking into some security controlled area were he does not belong. A security guard yells at him something along the lines of "You there! This is a secure area!" and he replies "Thats good to know, so many places are quite dangerous these days, thanks guys!" (or something, I've never seen it). The film itself is aparently pretty worthless but he'll be well impressed if I find out what it is, as he doesn't know the name.