Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

raffie
Feb 28, 2004
hopeless incompetent
Oh hey rope kid you should have said something about coming over here, we could've met up or something. I had some Indian tourists take pics of me on my 10R at that very same junction where you snapped the lane splitters. Yeah i was lane-splitting too. I get my bike mags from a book dealer right upstairs from the little bike shop with all the dirtbikes parked outside. Small world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
Guy on Sportster pops wheelie, brings it down, slams on his rear brake in the middle of a puddle, promptly high-sides

http://youtube.com/watch?v=G7wH7WDUvF0&mode=related&search

vorhese
Feb 16, 2002

brains for breakfast brains for brunch

Jazzzzz posted:

Guy on Sportster pops wheelie, brings it down, slams on his rear brake in the middle of a puddle, promptly high-sides

http://youtube.com/watch?v=G7wH7WDUvF0&mode=related&search

hahahaha. I'm sure that dumpster didn't help his tunnel vision either.

foxdeman
Jan 1, 2006
I am considerably dumber for having read the YouTube comments. They just may be more painful than the video.

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

:awesome:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

eternal mouthwash
Dec 5, 2006
Saw a Yamaha Morphous today:

This thing looks like something out of Tron; I wish I had $6000 to spend on a scooter :(

bung
Dec 14, 2004

eternal mouthwash posted:

Saw a Yamaha Morphous today:

This thing looks like something out of Tron; I wish I had $6000 to spend on a scooter :(

It's only $3920 at Procycleusa.

Sound Mr. Brown
Feb 21, 2005

The love of learning, the sequestered nooks,
And all the sweet serenity of books.
I don't think I've ever had a pizza, or any other food for that matter, delivered to me by car in Japan. Here is the local Domino's fleet:

Custom Honda Zoomers baby! :awesome:

Also a poor shot of a bike parked in Domino's' lot:

ail
Jul 8, 2003

by The Finn

Sound Mr. Brown posted:

I don't think I've ever had a pizza, or any other food for that matter, delivered to me by car in Japan. Here is the local Domino's fleet:

Also a poor shot of a bike parked in Domino's' lot:

Huh. Doesn't that cause the pizza toppings to slide down to the bottom of the pizza?

I mean, yeah, it's Dominoes with rubber cheese but still. Weird.

Saukkis
May 16, 2003

Unless I'm on the inside curve pointing straight at oncoming traffic the high beams stay on and I laugh at your puny protest flashes.
I am Most Important Man. Most Important Man in the World.

ail posted:

Huh. Doesn't that cause the pizza toppings to slide down to the bottom of the pizza?

On the second picture you see how wide those rear boxes are. They probably have the pizzas placed correctly on them.

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

An overused emoticon, but also very relevant :awesome:

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

rope kid posted:

An overused emoticon, but also very relevant :awesome:

I saw that on SVRider...it comes with a trailer and a matching facemask too. Ugh.

eternal mouthwash
Dec 5, 2006

Sound Mr. Brown posted:

I think those are Honda Ruckus's

eternal mouthwash
Dec 5, 2006
2x post

Road_Warrior
Sep 16, 2005

Ruckii?

Sound Mr. Brown
Feb 21, 2005

Honda Shenanigans.

;)

"Zoomer" in Japan, apparently.

ail posted:

Just realized that the shot makes the boxes look like they are vertical. As Saukkis noted, the pizzas are placed correctly in the large cubical boxes on the back of the scooters, so I've never had any problem with topping relocation. They are about five minutes from my place and the pizzas always arrive intact and pretty ridiculously hot. Almost makes it worth it paying $30 for a single "large"...

Sound Mr. Brown fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Feb 18, 2007

raffie
Feb 28, 2004
hopeless incompetent
More crazy Japanese gymkhana action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-3Djh8A7SE

AdeptaCheese
Oct 14, 2003

Sovereign Swiss

the ruckus is called the zoomer in japan/uk

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

raffie posted:

Impressive.

When the rider on the red bike loses it about halfway through the clip - was he on his front brake a little heavily? Can't quite make out what his right hand is doing, but it looks like he locked the front wheel and tucked it. Am I seeing things correctly?

Portable591
Oct 3, 2002

Kagari Mafia Ringleader and ray tracing EXPERT
I really liked the DRZ guys in that video. One of the ones later was doing some ~4-5 foot diameter turns like it was nothing. I also liked their sound under acceleration.

They are at least a billion times better at riding than I will ever be.

raffie
Feb 28, 2004
hopeless incompetent

Jazzzzz posted:

Impressive.

When the rider on the red bike loses it about halfway through the clip - was he on his front brake a little heavily? Can't quite make out what his right hand is doing, but it looks like he locked the front wheel and tucked it. Am I seeing things correctly?

Yes you're right, he came in a little too hot/braking too late and grabbed too much of the front brake. The thing about gymkhana is that you have to be on the front brakes to get the bike turned in that tight, you'll notice alot of the riders are running with shorty levers and have their index fingers over the front brake all the time.

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006

raffie posted:

I can't stop saying "holy poo poo"

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

raffie posted:

Awesome, the guy on the DRZ and the 2-stroke Honda cranked huge endos, what a way to finish!

EDIT: Why isnt Gymkhana popular anywhere but Japan :(

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

Man Bites Thruxton.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
HAHA! It looks like the guy riding the yellow Triumph parked on the other guys head and is yelling down to see if he is ok.

Sound Mr. Brown
Feb 21, 2005

More gymkhana. They start off explaining some of the bikes then show some participants on minibikes towards the end. Last shot is of one of the judges starting off the course wheelying on a really funky scooter. I actually saw a guy on that same bizarre machine on the road a few weeks ago... he smiled at me as I grinned at him walking by.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cp-2oR-oZ7U&mode=related&search=

Valfar
Nov 12, 2004

Born to lose, live to win.
Well this sure looks like a great idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDQV085PXHw

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

Valfar posted:

I would buy a full length album by the artist in this video in a second.

Greenlantern
Feb 10, 2005
I MADE A TYPO MY USERNAME IS SUPPOSED TO BE "SMELLY WEIRDO LUNKHEAD"

Valfar posted:

Holy poo poo ahahahahahaha

bung
Dec 14, 2004

Here's a lap of the IOM TT with David Jefferies

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006

Might have missed it but any idea what kind of bike he was riding on? He was flying past people on production bikes it looked like

edit// to contribute, my bike and my friends car from this past saturday.

iroc_dis fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Feb 20, 2007

orinth
Apr 15, 2003

NFC WEST IS THE BEST
Me want

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFrYJdrsEfI

Fats
Oct 14, 2006

What I cannot create, I do not understand
Fun Shoe

iroc_dis posted:

Might have missed it but any idea what kind of bike he was riding on? He was flying past people on production bikes it looked like

Likely either an R1 or a GSXR-1000, those were the two bikes he won with. Unfortunately he died there on a practice lap in 2003. :smith:

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Valfar posted:

i'm gonna be laughing at "left leg ow" for a while

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?

Valfar posted:

That would be the infamous Streetbike Tommy from Travis Pastrana's "NITRO CIRCUS" video series. I would highly recommend any of them.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

WTFBEES posted:

I would buy a full length album by the artist in this video in a second.

I really, really want to know who did that song, but googling the lyrics haven't proved fruitful.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
Ride report: 02-22-07

I have been watching the weather for the past month just waiting for a nice 70 degree day. Earlier this week was nice as well but my work week is normally busiest at the first of the week, so I stalled out for today. Woke up, drank coffee, took a shower, and rolled out. Pretty good flow of traffic, except for a merge right before 161st on I-44, that backed it up a bit. After that, smooth sailing, until scenic 412 that is.

Scenic 412.

The gateway to the twisties really. You'll probably use this road if you're going to AR or MO. Nice couple of turns before Locust Grove, then head up through Sallisaw to Spavinaw for some even better curves. Through "new road" to Jay, then on a long ride, probably up through 20 into MO to ride highway 90. Today there was a slight hickup in my smooth sailing. It's called wide load.

Some huge railway system stuff or something. Took up most of both lanes and no traffic could go through.

Oh and bonus, while we were waiting another wide load rolled up. Good thing they didn't meet in the middle, as I doubt either one of these guys would have been able to back up.

HERE SHE COMES BOYS!!! No rush though, still took like 5 minutes for it to even get to us.

How many axles does that thing need????? Also it backed up traffic something fierce.

OK, onward an upward through Locust grove and Sallisaw to Spavinaw. Roads right now in Spav are pretty clean. Lots of road kill out and about though, so definitely watch for that, as well as lots of tree damage, but most of that is off on the sides. Fun times.

It wouldn't be an Oklahoma road sign if it didn't have bullet holes. This is the famed Spavinaw horseshoe. A long right that is decreasing radius. Watch for it if you're cruising through Spav and take this one kinda slow.

The Pit Stop. Now closed but used to be a nice little place to stop off for a break. I still want to find out if it's for sale and open it up again.

I didn't get any shots of new road, not really anything on it but turns and chicken farms. Cruised through new road to Jay, decided to get some eats. I am normally of the mind to find someplace local and different. I missed out and went the wrong way. Finally after not seeing anything that looked good, I turned around and had a quick bite at Mcdonalds. Doh, rolled out and went up to get on highway 127 and just a half mile away there was a little bbq shack. I missed out.

Went to go check out highway 127. FYI it's trashed.

Yay for twisties!!

WHOO HOOO, even tighter twisties, but in the middle of these twisties...

Whoa, something in the MIDDLE of the road. No fun.

Oh, a big pile of hay and poo poo in the road, this is always fun to exit a corner into.

Mind your entry speed. Oh and watch for rocks!

At the end of 127 the stop sign before new road is full of sand. I was doing the flintstone shuffle to get it stopped without locking anything up. I'm sure the guy in the car at the stop sign thought I was a freak! I ran new road, turned around, ran new road again, stopped in Jay at the gas station filled up and went BACK through new road and back through Spavinaw stopping in Salina. Good times but the traffic had definitely picked up from this morning. I went through this morning without having to pass any cars. The afternoon I passed a goldwing, and probably 4 cars or so.

I stopped in Salina for a coke and a brief break. If you have ever watched that show over the hill, the one with boomhower or whatever. I met his his grandfather in Salina. Was going to get a coke and the guy was "ble de me hoom sha hey what?" to which I replied "Yeup". He wanted to shake my hand and show me his glasses as well. Good times. I pay for my coke head out the door. He comes out a bit later as I am smoking, goes at it again. "behend de da boop shmeee sorta n kinda well boop dat boop whoo" I mostly just nodded. Then 2 cop cars come flying through lights and sirens blazing. He advises me that there's a fire. Sure enough a fire truck comes blazing through just a couple of minutes later. Good call dude.

I was headed home, but what the hell. Cop cars? Fire engines? Gotta be something cool. I gear up and roll back through Spavinaw but never find them nor see any smoke or actually anything cool really. Just turns. I round out the day at blue hole, and turn around and go back through Spav. Taking time to Rev it a bit at a Mom/Daughter who were waving at me. Roll back home, meet up with Sam_Rush and head to K&N. Total miles 239.

:up

Oh and lastly, you can tell everyone is super pumped to get out and ride, as EVERYONE on a bike waved. Eh cept for one Harley guy and one Goldwing guy.

Silver fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Feb 23, 2007

orinth
Apr 15, 2003

NFC WEST IS THE BEST
Nice Silver.

How do you like that tankbag? I have the same one and am on my third one. My first one, one of the velcro seems was coming apart after 2 days. My second one, I had just put it on my bike and was playing with the handle at a stop light and it came right off on one side.

My third is still sitting in my garage with the tags on it. Oh and it also scratched my tank. yay.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
Were they strap on bags? I love mine, got it from Squishy_Buddha. Has a neoprene base so no scratching or slipping, and since the RR tanks are plastic, it straps on. For the most part, yeah I love it and would dearly miss it. Coretech super mini, they're on Newenough for like 50 bux I think.

edit: Just saw you had the same one. Weird. I know Squish used it for awhile. I have had no complaints really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001