Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gvonpaul
Jan 21, 2005
Goober

The Rocket Salad posted:

Like a built in variac you say? Well, fuckin'-a that's pretty neat.
I'll try and post some clips when I get it. It is being built right now and I'm like a kid on Christmas Eve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mugendai
Oct 23, 2002

You realize, of
course, that that
will not kill him

Captain Organ posted:

I actually keep meaning to post it in the thread (dont have a camera at the moment) but I have been nothing but happy with my Fender Baritone Special Jag. New pickups are planned for down the road, but other than that, it plays beautifully, and just absolutely refuses to go out of tune.

I got to play the one my friend's Dad owns (our band used it in a couple cool recordings) and I was really impressed by it. Very cool guitar. Nice sound and fun to play. I need to get around to taking some nice pictures of the Used vintage reproduction Jag I picked up recently. Such a fun guitar to play, and so light and comfortable.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

I'll post pictures later, but I picked up a Pod XT Live the other day. So far it's fun to play around with, but it's going to require quite a bit more tweaking until it replaces the 4 or so stomp boxes that I usually haul back and forth to practice.

edit: With picture!

an AOL chatroom fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Mar 12, 2007

Sixfools
Aug 27, 2005

You be the Moon,
I'll be the Earth
And when we burst
Start over, oh, darling
New amp (Valveking 112). I narrowed my choices down to either this one or the peavey classic 30

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sixfools posted:

New amp (Valveking 112). I narrowed my choices down to either this one or the peavey classic 30

What make/model is that hollowbody? It's gorgeous.

juicy_J
Jun 25, 2004
I.O.U. one gmail invite

Pablo Gigante posted:

What make/model is that hollowbody? It's gorgeous.

Looks like a Washburn HB15.

Sixfools
Aug 27, 2005

You be the Moon,
I'll be the Earth
And when we burst
Start over, oh, darling
That it is.

nem0nic
May 27, 2002

Helping DJs to suck less...

Feena Electronics FMDJ 9303SE MIDI controller. Only 12 were made in the brushed stainless. It's hawt controlling Traktor, even if I'm also using vinyl control and an external mixer (I reassign several of the controls to handle effects and key changing).

DrChu
May 14, 2002

Bass finally arrived yesterday

What's going on in this case?

o i c

Poor attempt at winding strings by the previous owner

Bridge needs adjustment

I played for about an hour after it arrived (it was even still in tune), then did some exciting grocery shopping and other errands. When I got back I decided to fix the strings and adjust the bridge, then play some more. When I plugged it back in and hit the first note, instead of the nice Stingray tone I had before I had something a lot closer to how my Jazz sounds. I experimented around a little and finally figured out that somehow the coil closest to the bridge was not on. Now I have to trouble-shooting that (I'll make a seperate thread as to not derail this one).

Once that gets sorted out I'll probably change the pickguard to a 3-ply white one or maybe a flat black. Other than that its great as it stands.

PalaNIN
Sep 19, 2004

LRLRRRLLRRLRLRLRRLRLR

DrChu posted:

o i c

I am waiting to buy that exact model in the 5-string version. Just beautiful.

Mr JinX
Jul 10, 2001

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

3toes posted:

I hate you cuz i can't find one <:mad:>

This one is for sale! $400 shipped (lower 48) OBO!

Its great but I am jonesing for one of those new vintage modified teles

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2354123

Mr JinX fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Feb 28, 2007

vanilla slimfast
Dec 6, 2006

If anyone needs me, I'll be in the Angry Dome

15" Macbook Pro, 2.16ghz core 2 duo, 1gb ram (another gig will be purchased sometime soon)

It's kickin' rad :cool:

Power Slacker
Jan 3, 2007
Sadly I don't have a pic yet but I have a made a deal with a friend to trade my wifes Fender Rhodes 77 for a Hammond BCV (upgraded) plus a full size leslie. He wants a Rhodes to round out his keyboard collection.

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

I dreamt I was an old dog, stuck in a honeypot. It was horrifying.
Oh god oh god we're getting close

:flashfap:

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Mr JinX posted:

This one is for sale! $400 shipped (lower 48) OBO!

Its great but I am jonesing for one of those new vintage modified teles

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2354123

Contact me when you get a chance.

Arthur
Nov 28, 2005

It's like those miserable psalms, they're so depressing...

Just got it today because it was (a bit) cheaper at the sounds expo in London I went to today (any other UK goons been/going to that by the way?)

I've resisted the immense temptation to smash the m-audio quattro it's replacing to bits for being such a piece of poo poo, I guess I might ebay it or something slightly more productive.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

This would have been my newest purchase:

Had Guitar Amp and Keyboard not sent me this instead:

Notice something wrong?

Thanks for DASHING MY DREAMS gak, Now I've got to sort out mailing this fucker back. Someone better pay for this :mad:

Walter
Jul 3, 2003

We think they're great. In a grand, mystical, neopolitical sense, these guys have a real message in their music. They don't, however, have neat names like me and Bono.
Was the intended purchase a VC30, or is that a different Laney model? I've heard those have a great AC30 tone.

Arthur
Nov 28, 2005

It's like those miserable psalms, they're so depressing...

Jeedan posted:

Thanks for DASHING MY DREAMS gak, Now I've got to sort out mailing this fucker back. Someone better pay for this :mad:

You should be alright - I've found that gak are reasonable as long as you actually phone them up to order or do customer service stuff, their website staff are useless and never actually seem to talk to the people actually sending things out. I tend to order from people like thomann or dolphin music nowadays because they actually seem capable of getting it right from whatever angle...

JohnnySmitch
Oct 20, 2004

Don't touch me there - Noone has that right.
I'm not very familiar with Laneys - did they send you just a 2x12 speaker cab instead of the combo amp?

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

JohnnySmitch posted:

I'm not very familiar with Laneys - did they send you just a 2x12 speaker cab instead of the combo amp?

Yes, a 1X12 actually, I couldnt find a picture of the exact model. And yeah it was supposed to be a VC30.

ToiletDuk
Sep 4, 2002

That's right, fat stuff.
Shake those chins!
Yesterday I walked into Guitar Center to try out acoustic guitars for new sounds that I was missing from my current selection. As soon as I laid my hands on her and heard her sing, I fell in love and had to take this beauty home for some private alone time:

mr_package
Jun 13, 2000

I opted for a used Virus instead of a new RADIAS. Might pick up a RADIAS in a year or two when prices drop a bit.

I don't have it yet, hopefully it doesn't take too long to clear customs..

quicksand
Nov 21, 2002

A woman is only a woman, but a good cigar is a smoke.
Just got my TD-6 drum module in the mail. :awesome:

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

ToiletDuk posted:

Yesterday I walked into Guitar Center to try out acoustic guitars for new sounds that I was missing from my current selection. As soon as I laid my hands on her and heard her sing, I fell in love and had to take this beauty home for some private alone time:

I've got a couple resonators. Soon you will too, they're like potato chips, you can't have just one :)

Twozzok
Jul 18, 2005

Arthur posted:

You should be alright - I've found that gak are reasonable as long as you actually phone them up to order or do customer service stuff, their website staff are useless and never actually seem to talk to the people actually sending things out. I tend to order from people like thomann or dolphin music nowadays because they actually seem capable of getting it right from whatever angle...

Oh god I wish I read this before ordering today. You better be exaggerating !_!

FreakingNeo
Jun 25, 2003

Night Rhythms
I bought this yesterday because I was looking for a cheap yet durable fuzz pedal so i can try to get The Black Keys sound :shobon:. and this thing is built like a brick

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Action Jesus
Jun 18, 2002

Tax Refund! got this Ashdown MAG 8x10 with their blueline speakers. Shown next to my Ibanez and JBP P Copy, and a bastardized Strat copy that's in peices.

Not shown is the rack that runs through it with an Eden WT400 and TC electronics M300.

Meursault Horny
Sep 9, 2003

In the last week I built a couple new noisemakers. With a little elbow grease I managed to turn these two tape players into an echo/delay/noise machine. It's kind of tempermental, but overall I'm pretty impressed that it works at all. I want to add some kind of time control, either a pot on the motor or something to adjust the distance between heads.

This is a dual tone generator involving a chip and some simple circuitry.

If you're into noise or diy electronics, definitely check out experimentalists anonymous, it's a great forum.

accident sorry :(
Dec 11, 2002
I'm stupid*
Ronaldo Reyburn B flat whistle:

Looking forward to getting this one. If it's as good as folks say, I'll probably end up switching over to Reyburns exclusively.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
Just recieved word that this will finally be shipping:

Schecter 006 Blackjack. Seymour Duncan JB/59s, coil tap, 24 frets. I can't loving wait.

Crustashio fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Mar 5, 2007

A BIG BAG OF KEYS
Feb 17, 2007

semper gitfiscal
free fedallah
viva la revoluçion

anarmyofnone posted:

Bought the Hello Kitty a few months ago; laugh all you want, after redoing the hardware, wiring, and pickup, this thing is gonna be sweet (and cheap).

Ordered the Ibanez this morning, I've wanted one of these for a while, and the price just dropped.

Friend of mine happens to be in one of my favourite bands.

I bought him the Hello Kitty guitar for his birthday last year, he uses it all the time now :)

One of my prouder moments.

Gayer
Feb 4, 2007

I just bought one of these bad boys last night.

This will be replacing my practice amp, so hopefully it was a good upgrade.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

3toes posted:

I have one of these, it's awesome.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

RSPsych0 posted:

I have one of these, it's awesome.

yes, yes it is. especially on bass :)

A BIG BAG OF KEYS
Feb 17, 2007

semper gitfiscal
free fedallah
viva la revoluçion

Hand Banana posted:

My baby...

:awesome:

People told me I was crazy for getting the white one. Well we showed them!

I've reached a point where I really want more stuff but have no idea what to get next. I'm sure something will occur to me.

Oh, my newest toy:

Engine Fortegue
Feb 1, 2004

strap me down they must sedate me

poke me prod me irritate me

eBows are a hell of a lot of fun, I use mine all the time when I sit down with my classical symphony friends

and why isn't there a skull and crossbones on that banjo :colbert:

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Vinno posted:

:awesome:

People told me I was crazy for getting the white one. Well we showed them!

I go tthe black one, because the white one really would only work for me if I were wearing a tuxedo. Still a great guitar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A BIG BAG OF KEYS
Feb 17, 2007

semper gitfiscal
free fedallah
viva la revoluçion

Engine Fortegue posted:

why isn't there a skull and crossbones on that banjo :colbert:

I didn't really want to put anything on the skin of the banjo. Shame really, a pirate banjo could just be the best thing in the entire world.