Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year

Scrot Eel posted:

The White Balloon - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112445/

Thanks for finding a film I really wasn't interested in looking for. :confused:

I kinda feel bad you went through the effort looking for that because I was just trying to help another guy out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrot Eel
Jan 22, 2002

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!

Mike N Eich posted:

Thanks for finding a film I really wasn't interested in looking for. :confused:

I kinda feel bad you went through the effort looking for that because I was just trying to help another guy out.

Heh, I should've quoted ClydeUmney, since I think this is the movie he's looking for.

ClydeUmney
May 13, 2004

One can hardly ignore the Taoist implications of "Fuck it, Dude. Let's go bowling."

Scrot Eel posted:

Heh, I should've quoted ClydeUmney, since I think this is the movie he's looking for.

Thanks, but I don't think this is it. I remember this looking pretty dark in tone--a definite black comedy. I really don't know that I've given enough information, but that's all I remember. :(

EDIT: HA! Found it: Divine Intervention http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0274428/

EDIT THE SECOND: Has anyone actually seen this? I remember thinking it looked pretty interesting...

ClydeUmney fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Feb 27, 2007

TheZissou
Aug 23, 2006

You left your dog, you idiots!

Action Jacktion posted:

Warriors of Virtue.

Bingo! Thank you very much.

nyarlathotep667
Sep 5, 2005

Shazbot!

Not A Vet Yet posted:

Ok, I asked this in a previous incarnation of the thread but I don't actually expect anyone to get it based on my description. Nevertheless, its a movie my brother mentions whenever we're watching something horrible on tv that happens to have one funny joke in it. So the scene is one guy walking into some security controlled area were he does not belong. A security guard yells at him something along the lines of "You there! This is a secure area!" and he replies "Thats good to know, so many places are quite dangerous these days, thanks guys!" (or something, I've never seen it). The film itself is aparently pretty worthless but he'll be well impressed if I find out what it is, as he doesn't know the name.

Could this possibly be Eddie Murphy in Beverly Hills Cop, specifically the scene when he walks in on the Customs Holding area?

PonchtheJedi
Feb 20, 2004

Still got some work to do...

IGotDConch posted:

I asked about this exact same movie on IMDB months ago and was told it was "Little Spies." Unfortunately, I can't locate a copy so I can't confirm whether this is actually it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091420/

Thanks! That appears to be it. Now I have to try and find a copy.

Spider Crusoe
Jan 30, 2005

A clip from this movie appeared during a montage in the latest Oscars. It had an old guy in a business suit, and the shot had a diagonal line of green lights going to the guy. He was saying something about messing with nature. Anyone know this one?

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Spider Crusoe posted:

A clip from this movie appeared during a montage in the latest Oscars. It had an old guy in a business suit, and the shot had a diagonal line of green lights going to the guy. He was saying something about messing with nature. Anyone know this one?

Network

baronanglish
Apr 17, 2004

Spider Crusoe posted:

That's Network.

edit:beaten

Rodney Munch
May 4, 2006

IT'S NOT MY FAULT THAT MY GENES HATE HOMOSEXUALS

FitFortDanga posted:

Blood in the Face?

Nah thats not it. But I looked around for it and I actually found it: Skinheads USA: Soldiers of the Race War

It was a sort of interesting documentary. Had a lot of unintentional comedy in it as well. I also read that a few years after it was filmed one of the main skin head guys in the movie was arrested for molesting young boys :laugh: I guess thats what you get when you run your neo-nazi organization out of a tailor park.

NewAccountUsername
May 5, 2006

nyarlathotep667 posted:

Could this possibly be Eddie Murphy in Beverly Hills Cop, specifically the scene when he walks in on the Customs Holding area?

I have no idea but I'll be checking it out asap, if I can find a copy. Thanks a lot.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

PonchtheJedi posted:

I know that's a bit of a strange one, but any ideas?

Wheres your avatar from? It's so zombielicious

I remember seeing a clip from a movie on tv (my guess is AMC), it was a WWII movie, but made in I would guess 70's/80's. So one scene allied troops (believe american) infiltrate an insane asylum. There's a French woman there on the inside pretending to be loony (she carries a doll around) so the german troops don't suspect a thing. They watch her dance around with the doll and cop a feel here and there, and when they aren't looking she slits their throats. Later a gunfight breaks out and a bunch of patients are sitting at the dining table oblivious to the shootout. One german falls and a mental grabs his gun and starts shooting randomly.

Any ideas?

Scrot Eel
Jan 22, 2002

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!

Alan Smithee posted:

I remember seeing a clip from a movie on tv (my guess is AMC), it was a WWII movie, but made in I would guess 70's/80's. So one scene allied troops (believe american) infiltrate an insane asylum. There's a French woman there on the inside pretending to be loony (she carries a doll around) so the german troops don't suspect a thing. They watch her dance around with the doll and cop a feel here and there, and when they aren't looking she slits their throats. Later a gunfight breaks out and a bunch of patients are sitting at the dining table oblivious to the shootout. One german falls and a mental grabs his gun and starts shooting randomly.

It's been a while since I've seen it, but I believe that's The Big Red One http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080437/

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Scrot Eel posted:

It's been a while since I've seen it, but I believe that's The Big Red One http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080437/

quote from imdb trivia: The bulk of the picture was shot in Israel, and director Samuel Fuller remarked that it was unsettling after a scene was shot when the German soldiers and SS troops pull would take off their helmets and Fuller would see them wearing yarmulkes, and between takes they would be sitting around the set in full Nazi uniform speaking Hebrew or reading the Torah.

I know the Jews run hollywood and all but this is ridiculous. Honestly who's bright idea was it to cast Israelis as nazis? Sounds like something...I dunno, Alan Smithee might do

JoeNotCharles
Mar 3, 2005

Yet beyond each tree there are only more trees.

Eris Is Goddess posted:

Lurk more 2: The Lurkmorening.

I actually thought that was a legitimate question, and I was gonna suggest Leslie Nielsen's "Wrongfully Accused". Independence Day is entirely the wrong genre, but when has that ever stopped Leslie Nielsen?

I'm far too trusting.

seventeen
Jan 2, 2005

Do not try and score on the powerplay. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth.

What truth?

There is no powerplay.
I can't for the life of me remember the name of this documentary I saw on the Sundance Channel about two or three weeks ago.

The title of the movie is a name, and I know it ends in -ie or at least that's what my memory tells me. The man who made the film used to be part of the Big Brother program to the person who is the main subject of the film (the guy's name is the title of the film). The film maker comes back years later to revisit his former little brother and discovers that the little brother had molested or sexually assaulted a young girl. The whole movie is based around the impending trial. At one point, the film maker takes his former little brother and the little brother's fiance back to Chicago with him. At one point, he is reunited with his former foster parents and the film maker breaks the news of the little brother's impending trial. The end of the film is the little brother with his family at a McDonald's outside of the court house and then he is convicted.

If anyone knows the title to this documentary, I will love you forever.

fredhate
Jul 30, 2006

seventeen posted:

I can't for the life of me remember the name of this documentary I saw on the Sundance Channel about two or three weeks ago.

If anyone knows the title to this documentary, I will love you forever.

Stevie. It's a pretty good and disturbing film.

I'll be waiting for the love.

Maximus8198
Jul 13, 2006

Slasherfan posted:

Also that time travilling one sounds a bit like Waxwork 2: Lost In Time
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105792/
Zach Galligan looks a little like Bruce Campbell.

Nope....although Zach Galligan looks a ton like Bruce Campbell.

Also, maybe either no one else has seen this movie or I'm making it up completely. It seems like no one seems to know what it is despite very good guesses.

Treytor
Feb 8, 2003

Enjoy, uh... refreshing time!
Alright I've got one. I vaguely remember seeing this, not knowing what the gently caress, and am dying to watch it again. I'd probably say this movie is at least 15 years old, if not more. I believe I saw it on TV, probably in the early 90's.

I only remember bits and pieces, and I may even be combining two films here, but bear with me.

- I remember a kid, who lost his hair somehow. A bright light, and crying because of this?
- I want to say this kid went into a painting, and something happened and he came out bald?
- Then something else happened (I assume he tried to remedy this balding problem) and his hair continued to grow and grow, causing problems for everyone. I remember hair growing out of someone's jeans, and this someone getting all pissed off about it? Yeah... I don't know.
- I also remember an older man, a painter I believe, dancing around and dabbling on a very large canvas, the ink spreading to present a perfectly realistic painting or photo, in which he stepped into, and I believe someone else came with him into this painting...

Okay, now that I put these thoughts down, I realize how cracked out this movie must have been or how much my mind has distorted it over the years. Maybe I'm completely making this up. Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Treytor posted:

- I remember a kid, who lost his hair somehow. A bright light, and crying because of this?
- I want to say this kid went into a painting, and something happened and he came out bald?
- Then something else happened (I assume he tried to remedy this balding problem) and his hair continued to grow and grow, causing problems for everyone. I remember hair growing out of someone's jeans, and this someone getting all pissed off about it? Yeah... I don't know.
- I also remember an older man, a painter I believe, dancing around and dabbling on a very large canvas, the ink spreading to present a perfectly realistic painting or photo, in which he stepped into, and I believe someone else came with him into this painting...
The Peanut Butter Solution, a very popular movie in these threads.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Was wondering if there were any zombie movies made before 28 Days Later that featured running zombies

fredhate
Jul 30, 2006

Alan Smithee posted:

Was wondering if there were any zombie movies made before 28 Days Later that featured running zombies

Nightmare City. One of my favourite great bad films.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Alan Smithee posted:

Conceptually, The Crazies is sort of a running zombie movie. Return of the Living Dead had pretty swift zombies. And at least one Italian movie had zombies that could take down sharks, so they must have been pretty nimble.

Juggacooey
Nov 3, 2004

What is a juggalo? I dont know, but Im down with the clown, and Im down for life, yo.
ok good luck with this one.

-The movie was a religious movie
-I saw it late at night on Tv once. Prolly space channel, prolly 5 years ago.
-It was about 2 brothers trying to defeat this 1 evil dude who had a fortress.
-There was this one really memerable part where the 2 brothers went into the sewers to meet some wiseman and they got to a door in the sewers and when they opened it, there was a kid smoking a cigar, and he was surrounded by half naked women doing his biddings.
-Going into the bad dude's fortress had something to do with sin, you couldnt enter it if you had sin or you need to have sin to enter.
-When inside they brothers get into a situation and a guardian angel shows up and does nothing but ends up drying after giving a speach.
-1 of the brothers end up dying at the end, and it turns out when its dead you can influence people to do things for you, so he influnces the winner of the lottery to give it to the alive brother.

Goodluck with this, its been bugging me for years.

Proto Clown
Sep 30, 2005

stupid humans
This may be a crazy memorable dream I had but I swear when I was a kid (like ten years ago) I saw this sci-fi Star Wars knock off it had:

- a light saber fight, one light saber was reflected by a mirror
- one scene where this like king looking guy faded into a darth vader character

Please help this has been driving me crazy forever.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Casi Perfecto posted:

This may be a crazy memorable dream I had but I swear when I was a kid (like ten years ago) I saw this sci-fi Star Wars knock off it had:

- a light saber fight, one light saber was reflected by a mirror
- one scene where this like king looking guy faded into a darth vader character

Please help this has been driving me crazy forever.

Space Balls, almost certainly.

Proto Clown
Sep 30, 2005

stupid humans

Inspector Hound posted:

Space Balls, almost certainly.
I've seen that enough that I'm pretty sure thats not it, I'm pretty sure it was a "serious" movie.

again I may be crazy

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

The city is alive tonight

Ape Agitator posted:

And at least one Italian movie had zombies that could take down sharks, so they must have been pretty nimble.

That would be Zombi and they didn't run in that movie.

zombieman
Aug 8, 2003

That's one happy fucking egg!

Alan Smithee posted:

Not a whole movie, but the first zombie glimpsed in Night Of The Living Dead runs after Barbara when she gets into the car.

Internet Gentleman
Mar 17, 2006

I'm so happy to be here.

Alan Smithee posted:

Return of the Living Dead
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089907/

They also run in Return of the Living Dead 2, but that movie is crap.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Ok, this movie scared the hell out of my 5ish year old self. There are a group of people being chased by a monster through a mineshaft, and eventually they escape through.....this may not even be right, but a volcano? That last part may be some off cross association. Any ideas on what it may be?

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

The city is alive tonight

DemonStar posted:

Ok, this movie scared the hell out of my 5ish year old self. There are a group of people being chased by a monster through a mineshaft, and eventually they escape through.....this may not even be right, but a volcano? That last part may be some off cross association. Any ideas on what it may be?

I'm not completely sure but could it be My Bloody Valentine?

Other than that, another choice may be the original Hills Have Eyes.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Those dont seem like it..... its more in the timeframe of the former tho, early to mid 80's. I specifically remember its a nonhuman type monster. If im remembering correctly, there were only 2 survivors by the end of the flick...but I dont know how many there were at the begining.

Tupperware
Jan 26, 2005
This is a really easy one but its annoying me. Its a film where one of the main characters tells a story about a bowling alley where all the staff are killed one by one and their heads are used as bowling balls.

Frost
Dec 6, 2003
Don't let the Frost bite you

Tupperware posted:

This is a really easy one but its annoying me. Its a film where one of the main characters tells a story about a bowling alley where all the staff are killed one by one and their heads are used as bowling balls.

That's Cabin Fever. In it, one of the guys tells a campfire story about a murder rampage in the local bowling alley that happened when he was young.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0303816/

I have one of my own, and I hope it's easy. I saw this video and since I'm a huge supporter of Nazi ghouls and their pledge, I must know what movie this scene is from and subsequently hunt it down and watch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVgI4UHFVuI
(some gore, might be NWS)

The comments say it's from "An American Werewolf in London", but I don't remember it being in there at all, on top of that AWL was different in tone, at least to my memory.

Bonus points if you can tell me what the music in the beginning is from, I can't put my finger on that one either.

Frost fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Mar 4, 2007

Lamanda
Apr 18, 2003

Iv'e been trying to locate this film on and off for the last ten years but still no show, so here goes. I only saw about 15 minutes of the beginning, but it was about a group of white treasure hunters/explorers or somesuch that got caught by a native african tribe. They were quite immadiately executed in gruesome fashions, but I only recall one scene: one was covered in red mud and roasted over a bonfire. The last of the whites was set free and was given a minute or so advance before the tribe's hunters were set after him. That's about as much as I saw of it, but I'm pretty sure it was made in the 60s or possibly early seventies. It felt like an American production, or possibly Spanish.

The Hidden Sherpa
Dec 25, 2006

It has Samuel L Jackson in it. It's famous for the line, "Yes they deserve to die, and I hope they burn in hell!"

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Frost posted:

The comments say it's from "An American Werewolf in London", but I don't remember it being in there at all, on top of that AWL was different in tone, at least to my memory.

And they would be right. He had fevered dreams while he was turning into a werewolf, this was one of them. As for the song, I have no clue.

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.
For the hattrick...

Frost posted:

Bonus points if you can tell me what the music in the beginning is from, I can't put my finger on that one either.

I think it's the music that plays in 2001 when the pillar appears/evolution happens/whatever you interpret it to mean.

Lamanda posted:

Iv'e been trying to locate this film on and off for the last ten years but still no show, so here goes. I only saw about 15 minutes of the beginning, but it was about a group of white treasure hunters/explorers or somesuch that got caught by a native african tribe. They were quite immadiately executed in gruesome fashions, but I only recall one scene: one was covered in red mud and roasted over a bonfire. The last of the whites was set free and was given a minute or so advance before the tribe's hunters were set after him. That's about as much as I saw of it, but I'm pretty sure it was made in the 60s or possibly early seventies. It felt like an American production, or possibly Spanish.

The Naked Prey
An awesome movie I've been trying to track down for a very long time. It comes on tv every once in awhile but I've never able to record it, and vhs tapes of it sell for more than I'm willing to spend. If you find a, different format, LET ME KNOW.

The Hidden Sherpa posted:

It has Samuel L Jackson in it. It's famous for the line, "Yes they deserve to die, and I hope they burn in hell!"

A Time to Kill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamanda
Apr 18, 2003

Pweller posted:

The Naked Prey
An awesome movie I've been trying to track down for a very long time. It comes on tv every once in awhile but I've never able to record it, and vhs tapes of it sell for more than I'm willing to spend. If you find a, different format, LET ME KNOW.

Big thanks my friend, to the hunt!