Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LISTEN TO ME
Jun 1, 2006

Crispy Chicken Slamwich
Grandmaster Flash Style in the kitchen:

edit: what the gently caress? Why did sprint add that border (cameraphone pic)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cynicide
Jun 13, 2002

Born from a wish
I've been waiting to get my hands on a camera so I've been saving these up.

Just before Christmas I won a Yamaha DX7 on Ebay.

Around the same time I got my hands on a Visual Sound Overdrive/Distortion

Just yesterday I finally decided on a guitar to replace my old Squier Bullet. A Mexican Strat.

NumbersAndNoise
Jan 13, 2005

Nothing but numbers and noise.

Snagged it for $150 when they discontinued the line. It plays well and sounds good, I just wish it didn't neckdive so much.

Engine Fortegue
Feb 1, 2004

strap me down they must sedate me

poke me prod me irritate me

Cynicide posted:

I've been waiting to get my hands on a camera so I've been saving these up.

Just before Christmas I won a Yamaha DX7 on Ebay.

:aaa: you lucky son of a BITCH that's awesome

Cynicide
Jun 13, 2002

Born from a wish

Engine Fortegue posted:

:aaa: you lucky son of a BITCH that's awesome

I first saw the DX7 some ten years ago and fell in love with it. I've wanted one ever since.

I paid slightly less than $200 for it so it was a good price too. The guy was moving to another state and didn't want to cart it with him as he already had a newer Roland.

It came with a very beaten up case but no power cable. I've had to make my own and solder it onto the terminals on the transformer. Works great though.

I tried a similar (Ebay) tactic with a Korg M1 but people seem to snap those up quickly.

Cynicide fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Mar 8, 2007

Hamer777
Jan 23, 2006

3toes posted:

How do those things work?

Anyway today I scored this rig for $1150!!! (not the guitar)

Walter
Jul 3, 2003

We think they're great. In a grand, mystical, neopolitical sense, these guys have a real message in their music. They don't, however, have neat names like me and Bono.
In my OP, I posted a photo of an electric 5-string similar to the one I had ordered from a fellow in Nashville, TN.

Yesterday, he sent me a couple of progress shots. Said it should be ready in a couple weeks.

Uncle Caveman
Jun 16, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.
In a depressing twist of fate - some ebayer's latest gear purchase:

:smith:

:10bux::hf::unsmith:

vac
Jul 10, 2005
:o

I'm going to rehouse my Crybaby to use as a better fixed-position wah (picture a stompbox with one knob) and put the guts from my volume pedal into the old Crybaby shell.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Hamer777 posted:

How do those things work?

There's a small horn in the box that pushes the guitar sound (overdriven) through the tube. The tube goes into your mouth, so all the sound reverberates in your cavernous maw. As you move your lips, tongue, and vocal chords (that's a tip!), the guitar sound is shaped like your voice would be in the microphone.

Walter
Jul 3, 2003

We think they're great. In a grand, mystical, neopolitical sense, these guys have a real message in their music. They don't, however, have neat names like me and Bono.

Uncle Caveman posted:

Sorry to see you have to sell those. That Firebird looks pretty sweet.

I'm glad, though, that you were able to sell them to help you get through tough times. Stuff, even instruments, is only stuff.

If selling it can help you through your life, then it's a good thing.

Spaceship Zero
Jul 24, 2006

The soul of vengeance is a robot dinosaur
Oh goodness, hello new SG Special. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance.

mofolotopo
May 10, 2004

TICK STAMPEDE!!!!

Uncle Caveman posted:

Aw man. I put my old Epiphone Sheraton (late 70's, nice guitar) up on Ebay once but had to cancel the auction because I realized that I just couldn't bring myself to part with it.

Gayer
Feb 4, 2007

Here is my deuce with a Crate 8'4(maybe) cab hooked up to it. For right now, its perfect. Just loud enough for practice and local shows.

Got the Deuce for $227 and have had the Crate for a while.

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe

Woohoo! I'm looking forward to this one, my MPC is too bulky on my desk.

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

Synthesizers.com 22-space modular synthesizer, halfway complete (10 spaces left to go). So far here's the list:

2x Oscillator (Sine/Ramp/Saw/Pulse, togglable to LFO)
2x ADSR Envelope Generator
1x State Variable 12db Filter (HP/LP/BP/Notch)
1x Midi to CV Converter
1x VCA
1x 4 Channel Mixer
1x 12 port multiplier

Oh, and the little blue guy in the bottom pic is a Bleep Labs Thingamagoop (Monophonic Analogue Synthesizer, pitch controlled via optical sensor, amplitude and blinking LED light on the end of a stick controlled by an LFO). For the truly curious, the keyboard sitting on top is a Kawai K5000s Addative Synthesizer (most famous for generating about 80% of the Aeon Flux soundtrack).

Arthur
Nov 28, 2005

It's like those miserable psalms, they're so depressing...

toadee posted:

There I was happy in my little softsynth world and you had to go posting something like this :smith:

That's great. Do post more about it when it's done!

mofolotopo
May 10, 2004

TICK STAMPEDE!!!!

Arthur posted:

There I was happy in my little softsynth world and you had to go posting something like this :smith:

That's great. Do post more about it when it's done!

No lie. I have only very occasional use for analog synths, but I almost pee myself every time I see one. The gearhog in me just can't resist something with so many buttons and dials and stuff.

Engine Fortegue
Feb 1, 2004

strap me down they must sedate me

poke me prod me irritate me

Uncle Caveman posted:

:sympathy: The fact that you loved your gear made them very happy, I'm sure they understand why. :unsmith:

Uncle Caveman
Jun 16, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Engine Fortegue posted:

:sympathy: The fact that you loved your gear made them very happy, I'm sure they understand why. :unsmith:
It's okay, I got this in return:

I did make a tracing of the body & headstock before packing it up, and I do have a neck-through blank; so someday... the ghetto fabulous DIY homebrew Firebird.

jasonvoorhees
Feb 26, 2004

Choppy Choppy!
just got this last week:

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

jasonvoorhees posted:

just got this last week:

I'm not a fan of the single-cut basses, but that wood grain looks amazing

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?

jasonvoorhees posted:

just got this last week:

Please tell me those are flatwounds because that fingerboard is purdy.

jasonvoorhees
Feb 26, 2004

Choppy Choppy!

M4rg4r1ne posted:

Please tell me those are flatwounds because that fingerboard is purdy.

they are stainless round wounds actually (although a stupidly low gauge 52-25) but the fingerboard it epoxy coated so it seems like it will withstand a gunshot :P

PenguinBob
Oct 12, 2000

jasonvoorhees posted:

just got this last week:

Is that a fretless, flame maple fingerboard? I don't think I've ever seen such a thing.

I really love the spalt top though. It's a lovely bass and if you ever find yourself needing to hide from predators in the forest you could just hide behind it!

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
I'm gonna sell this...

and buy everything I need to make this...

...within the next month or two.

I never figured drawing would be a relatively easy way to make shitloads of money. I should draw more often.

XYZAB fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Mar 13, 2007

qball
Aug 1, 2002

You could go and have a bite, and you'd still be hearin' that one.
My wife has said I can't play it until my birthday...

2004 Les Paul Standard in beautiful Iced Tea

But after that every day will be my birthday :)

Wooley
Jan 11, 2005

i can't read metal font

this finally came in the mail. not my picture, but i don't have a camera right now. mine looks different but i'm loving the poo poo out of it. there's 3 inputs (i think) on the back i'm not sure what to do with though. (Zebranalogic VCF from peru)

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

Wooley posted:

this finally came in the mail. not my picture, but i don't have a camera right now. mine looks different but i'm loving the poo poo out of it. there's 3 inputs (i think) on the back i'm not sure what to do with though. (Zebranalogic VCF from peru)

That looks cool. What does it do?

Edit: I've found some sound clips... it reminds me of the stuff you'd hear at the end of a Qotsa record. How much did it set you back?

XYZAB fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Mar 13, 2007

Mr JinX
Jul 10, 2001

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

and

from the proceeds of the sale of my hollow artcore

Wooley
Jan 11, 2005

i can't read metal font

Handen posted:

That looks cool. What does it do?

Edit: I've found some sound clips... it reminds me of the stuff you'd hear at the end of a Qotsa record. How much did it set you back?

about $200, without shipping. not too bad (i think my giga delay actually cost more from guitar center :suicide: ). its a bunch of different filters with weird settings and an LFO. ive actually been able to make some percussive beats using this thing alone. it's really cool but now i'm broke as poo poo :)

Stair Destroyer
Nov 23, 2005

Love
Thumbnail (hey, I finally understood the word came from)

Washburn B-16

I bought this one yesterday, for the fabulous prize of $120. Not new, but it could as well have been (e: judging by the looks and general shape, I mean).
It's my first string instrument I'm learning (except some failed attempt at guitar, but I don't count that) It's funny!

Stair Destroyer fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Mar 13, 2007

Shryke
Jan 11, 2007

Just bought one of these. Going home from university to collect it tomorrow. Fender Aerodyne Telecaster.

Entropian
Jan 10, 2007
Education causes procrastination.

My first electric! A Yamaha Pacifica 112, in a real pretty green. :unsmith:

DrChu
May 14, 2002

Shryke posted:

Just bought one of these. Going home from university to collect it tomorrow. Fender Aerodyne Telecaster.
Is the back contoured at all, the black paint makes it hard to tell from the pictures.

JohnnySmitch
Oct 20, 2004

Don't touch me there - Noone has that right.

Shryke posted:

This is a thing of beauty. You'll have to let us know how it plays and sounds. Where did you managae to find one? I can't even find a complete one on ebay.

Shryke
Jan 11, 2007

JohnnySmitch posted:

This is a thing of beauty. You'll have to let us know how it plays and sounds. Where did you managae to find one? I can't even find a complete one on ebay.

I know, it's so nice, isn't it? I got mine from https://www.soundslive.co.uk for £480.

If you search "fender aerodyne telecaster" on google, some website with prices next to it come up. Reviews of it seem to suggest that it's a really, really nice guitar.

I'll let you know if it's contoured or not when I get it :)

Entropian posted:

My first electric! A Yamaha Pacifica 112, in a real pretty green. :unsmith:

That's a really nice colour. Nice choice of first electric, well done on not going for the sunburst strat (bored to infinity of them) :)

Shryke fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Mar 14, 2007

Travelingitarman
Jul 22, 2006
I gotta pay my dues [i]somewhere[/i]

Shryke posted:

I played a tele aerodyne at a local music store, and it was great. Light-weight and the fact that it was contoured made it very comphortable. You've got a great guitar.

D.R.
Nov 11, 2005

by Lowtax
My Fender 2000 American Series Fender Discussion Page Limtted Edition #3 or 68 Super Awesome Thing

Custom shop 2 piece body, custom color (surf green). Possibly the only non custom shop limited run guitars Fender has made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shuriken
Dec 2, 2002
I bought an Epiphone Les Paul Standard - my first electric.