Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crocuta
Nov 6, 2004
wakkawa

Alan Smithee posted:

I know the Jews run hollywood and all but this is ridiculous. Honestly who's bright idea was it to cast Israelis as nazis? Sounds like something...I dunno, Alan Smithee might do

I don't see the problem honestly. They're just acting; it's not like they're going to jump up, go Sieg Heil and start blasting people in downtown Tel Aviv.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zelgadis
Sep 5, 2004

Doesn't that just beat all
I remember seeing a movie a long time ago, I think it was an 80s movie, about this guy(or guys, not sure) who had a radio show in his basement and basically every teenager in the city listened to this show. I also remember that in the final scene, they rigged their thing up in a van so that they could drive around and still put on the radio show and not get caught or whatever. Any help?

Scrot Eel
Jan 22, 2002

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!

zelgadis posted:

I remember seeing a movie a long time ago, I think it was an 80s movie, about this guy(or guys, not sure) who had a radio show in his basement and basically every teenager in the city listened to this show. I also remember that in the final scene, they rigged their thing up in a van so that they could drive around and still put on the radio show and not get caught or whatever. Any help?

Pump Up the Volume - starring Christian Slater and Samantha Mathis's tits.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0100436/

Frost
Dec 6, 2003
Don't let the Frost bite you
This thread is unbelievable, thanks.

chime_on
Jul 27, 2001
Okay, if anyone can help me on these I'll be amazed.

* I saw a movie in 3rd grade (1986-1987) that I seem to recall being called The Thirteenth Corridor. However, imdb and google don't have a record of it. As I remember it, the plot was basically a cross between the Bluebeard story and The Secret Garden. A young girl loses her parents and moves in with a relative in a giant mansion. She is allowed to go anywhere in the mansion she pleases, except for the 13th corridor. Well, of course, her curiousity gets the best of her and she goes in there, and something really freaky happens.

* Before Smashing Pumpkins' set at Lollapalooza 1994, they were playing some Hong Kong action film on the backdrop. It looked like a John Woo type film, gangsters having a massive shootout in some big warehouse or factory. The only thing I can remember is that it was really over the top gory, like guys being shot in the face at close range, and their heads exploding in a spray of red.

Lil Danzig
Mar 1, 2007
This is a hard one, probably because my details are so fuzzy, but it's been bugging me for YEARS now and nobody ever has the right answer.

Before I begin, here is what it is not: The Last Starfighter or Flight Of The Navigator. It's neither of those, though it's from around the same timeframe, the early 80's. I'm pretty sure it was a full-length movie but there's a definite chance it was made-for-television, or an episode of one of those hour long sci-fi shows like Amazing Stories or Twilight Zone (checking episode guides for both series, though, has turned up nothing.)

Basically, it's about a kid playing Simon. That memory game, with the lights and the tones. He gets a Simon-esque game and plays it non-stop. His parents get worried about it -- one scene I remember is him running away from the table to go upstairs and play Simon and his parents fretting about how it 'seems strange.' If I remember correctly, and I could be wrong, his folks were getting a divorce and the kid was all distraught about it and spent most of his time hiding in his room, playing Simon.

I also distinctly remember a scene with the kid under the covers at night playing Simon as well.

Anyway, eventually, he beats the REALLY HARD Simon level and it sends some kind of signal out to either (A) an alien ship or (B) the government (i forget which) and they come to take him away to do whatever the Simon game was actually TOP SECRET TRAINING for. If I'm not mistaken, this would have to be pretty much towards the end of the movie because I don't remember ANYTHING that happened after he was 'taken away', just that he was. If I'm not screwing it up too bad, most of the movie seemed to be focused on the dynamic of the family and the vaguely ominous suggestion that the Simon game might be brainwashing or subliminally controlling the kid.

Any ideas? I know it's a longshot but it's been bugging me FOREVER.

Rodney Munch
May 4, 2006

IT'S NOT MY FAULT THAT MY GENES HATE HOMOSEXUALS

Scrot Eel posted:

Pump Up the Volume - starring Christian Slater and Samantha Mathis's tits.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0100436/

I remember when I saw that back when I was like 10 years old, and I thought her titties were totally strange, inhuman looking. They freaked me the hell out.

I just saw this movie again a few months ago and her boobs looked totally normal. I have no idea what freaked me out so much back then.

Treytor
Feb 8, 2003

Enjoy, uh... refreshing time!

Action Jacktion posted:

The Peanut Butter Solution, a very popular movie in these threads.

Yes! Thank you!

Slackerish
Jan 1, 2007

Hail Boognish

chime_on posted:

* Before Smashing Pumpkins' set at Lollapalooza 1994, they were playing some Hong Kong action film on the backdrop. It looked like a John Woo type film, gangsters having a massive shootout in some big warehouse or factory. The only thing I can remember is that it was really over the top gory, like guys being shot in the face at close range, and their heads exploding in a spray of red.

Gozu, maybe?

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

The city is alive tonight

Slackerish posted:

Gozu, maybe?

That's what I was going to say. They seem to play that a lot on screens before concerts. I just saw them showing it before GWAR a couple months ago.

chime_on
Jul 27, 2001
It can't be Gozu, I saw this in 1994.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Could it be an actual John Woo film?
Hard Boiled had this warehouse shootout
http://youtube.com/watch?v=fAg5SXD-oE4
http://youtube.com/watch?v=7RIkgDS-7z8

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams

The Hidden Sherpa posted:

It has Samuel L Jackson in it. It's famous for the line, "Yes they deserve to die, and I hope they burn in hell!"

A Time to Kill

I have one, it's actually an Amityville Horror knock-off. A married couple and their son buy or rent an old fixer up house and slowly start to turn into the people that used to live there (or something similar along those lines). The father becomes increasingly more scary. One memorial scene; he's swimming with his son (there's certainly something wrong or evil with the pool) and he starts to throw him around playfully at first then grows more and more violent and would of drowned him if the mother didn't interrupt. The guy ends up getting thrown out of the top story window at the end.

FlimFlam Imam fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Mar 6, 2007

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Coupla ID for you chaps

First one I wanna say 80's/early 90s, there's this dude who's trying to be a hockey player. One scene a dude eggs him on to fight but the moment he drops his gloves he gets decked. Off the ice he moves into this house and checks out this milfish woman's rear end. Later he meets this younger girl and they go to a bookstore. He's checking out what I presumed to be a dirty book and she chides him into getting something classier. He gets both and when he meets her father (not sure on this) he goes "she bought me a book" and pulls out the dirty one.

Second, I wanna say 70s/80. Scene I saw was girl (blonde) sitting naked on a couch post-coitus (I assume) and a dude walks away. Next scene blonde is working a fast food joint (think dairy queen) and she's talking to a girl friend about how the dude could last pretty long despite being young. Later scene some dude is arguing with another dude because he hosed some girl he liked (I think). Sorry to be vague, only scenes I saw

a savvy frood
Feb 23, 2007
Do you like Huey Lewis and the News?

chime_on posted:

It can't be Gozu, I saw this in 1994.

nevermind, no wearhouse fight in the movie I suggested

a savvy frood fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Mar 9, 2007

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?

Mad Monk posted:

A Time to Kill

I have one, it's actually an Amityville Horror knock-off. A married couple and their son buy or rent an old fixer up house and slowly start to turn into the people that used to live there (or something similar along those lines). The father becomes increasingly more scary. One memorial scene; he's swimming with his son (there's certainly something wrong or evil with the pool) and he starts to throw him around playfully at first then grows more and more violent and would of drowned him if the mother didn't interrupt. The guy ends up getting thrown out of the top story window at the end.

I'm pretty sure that one is Burnt Offerings with Oliver Reed and Karen Black.

Egomaniac
Mar 23, 2006

I've got a couple:

1. Okay, when I was just a very little kid, guessing about 18 or 19 years ago, I saw a movie on broadcast TV. All I really remember was the ending, but it was a horror/suspense kind of thing. The last scene took place at a wedding reception or something and a midget ("little person"?) in a tuxedo was trying to knife the main actor. It was definitely played seriously, with ominous music and all, not a spoof. Anyway, after some wrestling around the guy finally stabs the attacker, at which point he (the attacker/midget) turns into plastic, like a doll. As far as I remember, that was the end. I haven't seen anything about it or even remotely like it since then, but every once in awhile that scene comes back to me, probably because of the killer-turns-to-plastic part, which was just :wtc:.

2. This one is probably easier. It's a movie I used to watch a lot as a kid- maybe 20 years ago. It opens with a white kid and his dad fishing, and the dad gives the kid his watch. But it's a daydream/memory and the kid's dad has died, and he lives with his mom, and maybe a sister, if I'm remembering correctly. So, some stuff happens, he runs away, meets up with a black kid (both kids are maybe 10-12 years old) in the city who has no mom but he's looking for his own dad. Anyway, the black kid is "streetwise" or whatever, and teaches the white kid how to drive and hang out in bars, where they still order milk to drink. More stuff happens, white kid reunites with his mom, figures out how to find the other kid's dad, steals a car, and drives him to the factory where the dad works. They reunite, tear rolls down white kid's cheek as he remembers his own father, the end.
This was very definitely meant for elementary- or middle school-age kids, and I can't remember the title for the life of me.

Fre Merzasphor posted:

I saw this movie on TV in the late 90s. Based on the hairstyles/quality I'd guess it was made sometime in the 70s or early 80s. It was about a bunch of people trapped in some sort of prison on an island. The people who ran the prison decided to let the prisoners out and then hunt them down. At one point, a guy is immolated after being kicked around with gasoline jugs tied to his neck. I think the prisoners wore some sort of yellow jumpsuits, but I'm not too clear on that. It was a pretty crappy movie but it's bugging me that I can't remember what it's called.

If this was already answered I missed it, but I'm pretty sure this is Escape 2000, which I remember renting on VHS when I was about 10.

http://www.amazon.com/Escape-2000-Steve-Railsback/dp/B000096KF4

(Sorry, no IMDB hits)

Egomaniac fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Mar 10, 2007

Egomaniac
Mar 23, 2006

EDIT: double post

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

EDIT: Never mind it's definitely not Dont Look Now :(

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Mar 10, 2007

Egomaniac
Mar 23, 2006

Donkeylips posted:

I saw a trailer for a horror movie a couple years ago or so.

It was a pan on a beach covered with those things that stop tanks. Then there were a bunch of these weird zombie kinda things wearing gasmasks getting up.

That's all I remember.

I immediately thought it was this:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076704/

But I doubt there have been any trailers for it in the last 30 years.

Internet Gentleman
Mar 17, 2006

I'm so happy to be here.

Alan Smithee posted:

Second, I wanna say 70s/80. Scene I saw was girl (blonde) sitting naked on a couch post-coitus (I assume) and a dude walks away. Next scene blonde is working a fast food joint (think dairy queen) and she's talking to a girl friend about how the dude could last pretty long despite being young. Later scene some dude is arguing with another dude because he hosed some girl he liked (I think). Sorry to be vague, only scenes I saw

Execept for sitting nude on the couch, this sounds like Fast Times at Ridgemont High
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083929/

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Egomaniac posted:

It opens with a white kid and his dad fishing, and the dad gives the kid his watch. But it's a daydream/memory and the kid's dad has died, and he lives with his mom, and maybe a sister, if I'm remembering correctly. So, some stuff happens, he runs away, meets up with a black kid (both kids are maybe 10-12 years old) in the city who has no mom but he's looking for his own dad. Anyway, the black kid is "streetwise" or whatever, and teaches the white kid how to drive and hang out in bars, where they still order milk to drink. More stuff happens, white kid reunites with his mom, figures out how to find the other kid's dad, steals a car, and drives him to the factory where the dad works. They reunite, tear rolls down white kid's cheek as he remembers his own father, the end.
Big Shots.

Egomaniac
Mar 23, 2006

Action Jacktion posted:

Big Shots.

You're my hero! :dance:

Bleepblorp3587
Jun 1, 2003
Can anyone name the comedy film released by Tristar that starts off with one of the comedians yelling at the Tristar horse as it runs towards the camera? I think it might have been one of the Gene Wilder/Richard Pryor films.

FordTimelord
Aug 11, 2004

Irish Bandit posted:

Can anyone name the comedy film released by Tristar that starts off with one of the comedians yelling at the Tristar horse as it runs towards the camera? I think it might have been one of the Gene Wilder/Richard Pryor films.

Another You. Not a very good movie other than that, though.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0101356/

FordTimelord fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Mar 11, 2007

FSFunky
Aug 13, 2004

it's only falling in love because you hit the ground
There's two movies that been bothering me for quite some time and tried to remember. The worst is, when I describe the first one to people, they claim I must've dreamt it.

1. This blonde white girl (who actually was a semi-famous actress I think) and a black girl escape from a women's prison. I remember all the girls puking in a bucket in the prison. I remember that they wound up in a old couple's house killing them, and the black girl masturbating with a steam-driven vibrator on the corpses of the old couple. At the end of the movie they're in Mexico in the house of a transvestite and they burn her. That's all I remember, I saw the movie late at night when I had a high fever. So I guess it is somewhat possible I made it up. :(

The second one I only vaguely remember.

2. A french guy goes to Japan and fucks up some Yakuza. He had a goofy sidekick. Yeah, that's all I can remember.

Scrot Eel
Jan 22, 2002

FSFunky posted:

1. This blonde white girl (who actually was a semi-famous actress I think) and a black girl escape from a women's prison. I remember all the girls puking in a bucket in the prison. I remember that they wound up in a old couple's house killing them, and the black girl masturbating with a steam-driven vibrator on the corpses of the old couple. At the end of the movie they're in Mexico in the house of a transvestite and they burn her. That's all I remember, I saw the movie late at night when I had a high fever. So I guess it is somewhat possible I made it up. :(

Freeway II: Confessions of a TrickBaby - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0175536/

FSFunky
Aug 13, 2004

it's only falling in love because you hit the ground

Scrot Eel posted:

Freeway II: Confessions of a TrickBaby - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0175536/

It's real!

This has made my day.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Mad Monk posted:

I believe that Slasherfan is entirely correct in his assessment that this is "Burnt Offerings".

Internet Gentleman
Mar 17, 2006

I'm so happy to be here.

FSFunky posted:

2. A french guy goes to Japan and fucks up some Yakuza. He had a goofy sidekick. Yeah, that's all I can remember.

Could be Wasabi
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0281364/

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Not a movie, but what's the name of the deep voiced trailer dude? He was on that Geico commercial making that woman's underwater car story more interesting

Lil Danzig
Mar 1, 2007

Alan Smithee posted:

Not a movie, but what's the name of the deep voiced trailer dude? He was on that Geico commercial making that woman's underwater car story more interesting

Don LaFontaine.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Alan Smithee posted:

Don LaFontaine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQRtuxdfQHw

MY POST IS BETTER

indyjb
May 28, 2006

Clam, Crab, Cockle, Cowrie
I can't remember the name of this film or TV movie. I saw it on TV, but it may have been a film. The main plot involves the kidnapping of a group British children (around 4). There is an evil lady who sends two guys to kidnap them. A boy escapes and joins the circus. One of the lines in it is "Does this mean we have to wear diapers?" or something like that. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Does anyone remember the name of the Iraq war documentary from a couple of years ago? It was all fom the perspective of frontline soldiers if I recall. It was a theatrical release, and I remember some guys rapping. I just can't think of the title.

vvv Yes! Thank you. I would never have come up with that.

Smeep fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Mar 14, 2007

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Smeep posted:

Does anyone remember the name of the Iraq war documentary from a couple of years ago? It was all fom the perspective of frontline soldiers if I recall. It was a theatrical release, and I remember some guys rapping. I just can't think of the title.

Gunner Palace?

ClydeUmney
May 13, 2004

One can hardly ignore the Taoist implications of "Fuck it, Dude. Let's go bowling."

Inspector Hound posted:

Don LaFontaine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQRtuxdfQHw

MY POST IS BETTER

Actually, this post is even better: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRPN3R_kaPc

EDIT: I'm a butt face. :(

ClydeUmney fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Mar 14, 2007

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

ClydeUmney posted:

Except that's Hal Douglas BUTT FACE

Scrot Eel posted:

This is besterest: http://youtube.com/watch?v=JQRtuxdfQHw

That's the exact link I posted

Inspector Hound fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Mar 14, 2007

Scrot Eel
Jan 22, 2002

ClydeUmney posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Scrot Eel posted:

you forgot to say edit gently caress beaten you pedophile

There was a 80s movie, I'm pretty sure these two seperate clips I saw are the same movie

So one scene there's this blonde chick in a car just chatting away, a moment later some ghoulish looking cops stand next to it and she screams, and they cover her mouth. The people who's house I at changed the channel cuz it freaked em out.

Second part 2 chicks are listening to "girls just wanna have fun" in an empty department store. Later some thugs in sunglasses come in with guns. One of the protagonist chicks manages to get an uzi or something and holds one punk hostage. The leader guy shoots the guy and she calls him a psycho. He says "I'm not a psycho, I just don't give a gently caress!"

I think I was fascinated by that line b/c it was the first time I'd heard someone use that in place of poo poo