Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Internet Gentleman
Mar 17, 2006

I'm so happy to be here.

Alan Smithee posted:

There was a 80s movie, this blonde chick in a car just chatting away, a moment later some ghoulish looking cops stand next to it and she screams, and they cover her mouth. 2 chicks in an empty department store. Later some thugs in sunglasses come in with guns. One of the chicks gets an uzi or something and holds one punk hostage. The leader guy shoots the guy and she calls him a psycho. He says "I'm not a psycho, I just don't give a gently caress!"

Night of the Comet
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087799/maindetails

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodney Munch
May 4, 2006

IT'S NOT MY FAULT THAT MY GENES HATE HOMOSEXUALS
I asked this question a long time ago in one of these threads and no one was able to get it, so I'll try one more time.

In the Simpsons episode Marge vs the Monorail, Marge travels to North Haverbrook or Ogdenville or whatever, to check out the effects of the monorail that was built there. What she finds is a post-apocalyptic wasteland. Then some dude comes out of no where and scares the poo poo out of her. This dude has crazy eyes or glasses on or something (sorry, its been a while since ive seen this episode). I think he also has a brown jedi-robe thing on as well.

I swear to god that was a parody of some movie I saw when I was a kid. A town thats totally empty. The pavement is all cracked up and broken. There is no life to be found. Except cockroaches, or maybe worms. I remember a bunch of bugs. Then eventually this crazy looking dude with hosed up eyes/goggles/glasses comes out.

What movie is this?

Its possible it might have been a TV show like Twilight Zone, although I know for sure it was in color. Outer Limits perhaps?

Rodney Munch fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Mar 14, 2007

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Alan Smithee posted:

you forgot to say edit gently caress beaten you pedophile

There was a 80s movie, I'm pretty sure these two seperate clips I saw are the same movie

So one scene there's this blonde chick in a car just chatting away, a moment later some ghoulish looking cops stand next to it and she screams, and they cover her mouth. The people who's house I at changed the channel cuz it freaked em out.

Second part 2 chicks are listening to "girls just wanna have fun" in an empty department store. Later some thugs in sunglasses come in with guns. One of the protagonist chicks manages to get an uzi or something and holds one punk hostage. The leader guy shoots the guy and she calls him a psycho. He says "I'm not a psycho, I just don't give a gently caress!"

I think I was fascinated by that line b/c it was the first time I'd heard someone use that in place of poo poo

One of my favorite guilty pleasures, Night of the Comet.

edit: whoops, didn't see the new page

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

Affirmative. Yes. Yo. Right on. My man.
There's something that's been bugging me for a while:

Is there a recent comedy out there that uses the Whitesnake song 'Here I Go Again' as a comedic motif? I swear that I remember seeing this really funny film that used that song to comedic effect at least twice.

If it helps, I think it was a Frat Pack film. If not, I must've dreamt it or something :)

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Adrianics posted:

There's something that's been bugging me for a while:

Is there a recent comedy out there that uses the Whitesnake song 'Here I Go Again' as a comedic motif? I swear that I remember seeing this really funny film that used that song to comedic effect at least twice.

If it helps, I think it was a Frat Pack film. If not, I must've dreamt it or something :)

I haven't seen "Old School," but IMDb says that the song "Here I Go Again" is in it.

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

The city is alive tonight

Rodney Munch posted:

I asked this question a long time ago in one of these threads and no one was able to get it, so I'll try one more time.

In the Simpsons episode Marge vs the Monorail, Marge travels to North Haverbrook or Ogdenville or whatever, to check out the effects of the monorail that was built there. What she finds is a post-apocalyptic wasteland. Then some dude comes out of no where and scares the poo poo out of her. This dude has crazy eyes or glasses on or something (sorry, its been a while since ive seen this episode). I think he also has a brown jedi-robe thing on as well.

I swear to god that was a parody of some movie I saw when I was a kid. A town thats totally empty. The pavement is all cracked up and broken. There is no life to be found. Except cockroaches, or maybe worms. I remember a bunch of bugs. Then eventually this crazy looking dude with hosed up eyes/goggles/glasses comes out.

What movie is this?

Its possible it might have been a TV show like Twilight Zone, although I know for sure it was in color. Outer Limits perhaps?

I can't identify the reference but here is a screengrab of the guy:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Secks posted:

Looks like Dr. Frink with Bowie hair (no not a movie title)

I was watching Colbert Report last night and he had a picture of a zombie attacking a chick who's head was bleeding (zombie looked kinda like a REALLY pale Billy Corgan) and the joke was "I'd rather my daughter date a zombie cuz at least he'd be interested in her brains."

Anyone know where the still is from?

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams

InfiniteZero posted:

I believe that Slasherfan is entirely correct in his assessment that this is "Burnt Offerings".

Ooops, sorry for the long delay. Yes that was the one, thank you. That movie creeped me out when I was a kid.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

FitFortDanga posted:

One of my favorite guilty pleasures, Night of the Comet.

edit: whoops, didn't see the new page
This FINALLY came out on DVD just last week!

fredhate
Jul 30, 2006

Secks posted:

He looks like the dude from the end of UHF, which I'm guessing was probably also a parody of the film you're looking for. Looking at IMDB under UHF references, I'm guessing maybe This Island Earth? It's the only one that maybe seems to fit (I haven't seen it). Maybe Close Encounters of The Third Kind? Been a while since I saw that film, but I can't remember a scene like that. Or, maybe it was UHF you were thinking about?

Hope this helps ring some bells.

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

Alan Smithee posted:

I was watching Colbert Report last night and he had a picture of a zombie attacking a chick who's head was bleeding (zombie looked kinda like a REALLY pale Billy Corgan) and the joke was "I'd rather my daughter date a zombie cuz at least he'd be interested in her brains."

Land of the Dead? I think there were a bunch of background swat/cops dressed like that in the streets, although the makeup makes me think otherwise...

Rodney Munch
May 4, 2006

Secks posted:

I think in that episode when he first reveals himself to Marge he says a word or a phrase. Do you know what it is by chance? It might have been a quote from the movie its referencing.

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

Rodney Munch posted:

I think in that episode when he first reveals himself to Marge he says a word or a phrase. Do you know what it is by chance? It might have been a quote from the movie its referencing.

The guy's name is Sebastian Cobb if that helps you.

JoeNotCharles
Mar 3, 2005

Yet beyond each tree there are only more trees.
The ridiculously complete trivia list at http://www.snpp.com/episodes/9F10.html has nothing. I think the look was just made up to seem eerie. (It always reminded me of The Omega Man in tone.)

rendicil
Mar 30, 2003
I like to piss in the cheerios.
I need a movie identified. It's an australian movie about a guy who carjacks a jaguar (I think) and the trouble that ensues. It seems like it was a pretty famous movie in Australia but I saw it in Israel. I saw it in 93 so it was made either sometime in the 80s.

fredhate
Jul 30, 2006

rendicil posted:

I need a movie identified. It's an australian movie about a guy who carjacks a jaguar (I think) and the trouble that ensues. It seems like it was a pretty famous movie in Australia but I saw it in Israel. I saw it in 93 so it was made either sometime in the 80s.

The original Gone in 60 Seconds? If that's not it, it's probably another film by the same director.

Rodney Munch
May 4, 2006

JoeNotCharles posted:

The ridiculously complete trivia list at http://www.snpp.com/episodes/9F10.html has nothing. I think the look was just made up to seem eerie. (It always reminded me of The Omega Man in tone.)

holy jesus that website is painful to read. Who in the gently caress has time to devote their lives to the Simpsons like that? I picture a bunch of OCD inmates with huge beards, serving life in a mental institution.

So yeah I guess if those nerds didnt pick up on the reference then it must have just been coincidence. I probably just saw some lovely B-Movie with a "generic creepy looking man" and by coincidence he ended up looking like the "generic creepy looking man" the Simpsons came up with.

oh well :(

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

Alan Smithee posted:

Looks like Dr. Frink with Bowie hair (no not a movie title)

Pweller is right. It's from Land of the Dead:

That was just a modified still.

vertov
Jun 14, 2003

hello

Rodney Munch posted:

What movie is this?

'Damnation Alley' maybe?

Rodney Munch
May 4, 2006

vertov posted:

'Damnation Alley' maybe?

Thats very possible. I wont know for sure though unless I watch it and see that one scene. Its really the only part of the movie that I can remember.

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

Rodney Munch posted:

Doesn't give much:

"Excuse me, miss. You asked about the monorail? "

"Who are you?"

"My name is Sebastian Kobb. Lanley hired me to build his monorail. He cut corners everywhere: bad wiring, faulty brakes. And the celebrity on the maiden voyage was Gallagher."

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
This has been buging me all day. I can't figure out the name of this movie. I've searched every "top hacking movie" list that I could find. Nothing came up. so...

This movie is about a buy who hacks into a bank in america (I think that he is in germany or maybe sweden??) He is around 17 or so, mom died a few years back, so he lives with just his dad. I remember that he would always tell his dad to "hide the modem" because he got scared, and wanted to stop. But he would always go and try and find it the next day. He had one friend, online, who turns out not to be that great of a friend.

I know this isn't the best description, but I havn't seen this movie for about 3 years now. Anyone know the name? thanks

Mack the Knife
Feb 8, 2004

would you like to buy a monkey?

Secks posted:

Looks like a spoof of The Omega Man. Charlton Heston in an adaptation of "I am Legend." The "vampires" are albinos with white afros and sunglasses.

rendicil
Mar 30, 2003
I like to piss in the cheerios.

fredhate posted:

The original Gone in 60 Seconds? If that's not it, it's probably another film by the same director.

Nope. It was a comedy.

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

Mack the Knife posted:

Looks like a spoof of The Omega Man. Charlton Heston in an adaptation of "I am Legend." The "vampires" are albinos with white afros and sunglasses.

That's what I was thinking too, considering there was a Halloween episode that was pretty much an exact spoof of the movie. I guess I didn't see much of a connection though other than the desolate town setting.

randomperson2
Apr 22, 2005
Banjo Playing Monkey
This has been bugging me for a couple of days now. There was an 80s teen comedy. A teacher came in for teh second half of the year and he was supposed to raise test scores . I remember he had a beach house and a "hip" name. I think one of the kids in the class was named chainsaw. I remember that the kid who was in the bathroom eventually got the highest test score. But for the life of me I cannot remember the name of the movie, or anyone who was in it. Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Jun 27, 2002

Carrion Fairy
This week i saw a part of a movie in the gym that had some sort of ghoulish zombie homeless who had a black guy who couldn't swim and a hysterical white woman in half-submerged cages or something. Judging from the color correction it looked like a recent production.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

randomperson2 posted:

This has been bugging me for a couple of days now. There was an 80s teen comedy. A teacher came in for teh second half of the year and he was supposed to raise test scores . I remember he had a beach house and a "hip" name. I think one of the kids in the class was named chainsaw. I remember that the kid who was in the bathroom eventually got the highest test score. But for the life of me I cannot remember the name of the movie, or anyone who was in it. Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Summer School?

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0094072/

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

randomperson2
Apr 22, 2005
Banjo Playing Monkey

Inspector Hound posted:

Summer School?

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0094072/

Exactly thank you my insanity has been averted for the time being.

Frost
Dec 6, 2003
Don't let the Frost bite you

666 posted:

This week i saw a part of a movie in the gym that had some sort of ghoulish zombie homeless who had a black guy who couldn't swim and a hysterical white woman in half-submerged cages or something. Judging from the color correction it looked like a recent production.

I think that's Creep

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0381966/

fredhate
Jul 30, 2006

Been trying to find this one for years. Here's what I recall:

•It's a POW film. (pretty sure).
•There is one scene where the men of a unit (possibly POWs) are watching a magician. I can't recall if he was all stagey or just one of the guys doing magic tricks. Anyhow, one of the men asks him to explain the rabbit in the hat trick, which involves having a false bottom in the hat. This gives him the idea to build a false wall in one of the trains that he and the other POWs have to load. The idea is that they will hide behind the wall to escape.
•I seem to remember 3 men escaping and having to cross some sort of frozen tundra in a harsh snow storm.

I think the film was in black and white, but I could be mistaked. I saw it sometime in the 80s when my dad was watching a lot of POW escape films.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

randomperson2 posted:

Exactly thank you my insanity has been averted for the time being.

It was the character name that got it. IMDb has a feature where you can search for movies with specific character names.

Vezbot
Jan 2, 2005

PFC Nole, our officer in the hole
Saw this movie as a kid on TV (I think VHS) around 89' or so.

Girl and guy are standing on a rope bridge above a room with large angry gnomish things.

They are wearing loin-cloth type getups. Lots of brown tones, from the floor, to the gnome beasts, to the heroes clothing. I think one of the heroes had a spear.

Jun 27, 2002

Carrion Fairy

Frost posted:

I think that's Creep

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0381966/

That sure looks like the one.. Thanks!

sailorjosh
Apr 23, 2006

Peanut butter, mother fucker.
I saw an 80's cartoon movie a while ago - heavy metal style animation. It was about elves battling nazi monsters, and I remember there being this little wizard guy, and at the end he ends up shooting the enemy wizard with a gun...it was pretty much the most bizarre movie I've ever seen...anyone know what I'm talking about?

FordTimelord
Aug 11, 2004

sailorjosh posted:

I saw an 80's cartoon movie a while ago - heavy metal style animation. It was about elves battling nazi monsters, and I remember there being this little wizard guy, and at the end he ends up shooting the enemy wizard with a gun...it was pretty much the most bizarre movie I've ever seen...anyone know what I'm talking about?

Wizards?

sailorjosh
Apr 23, 2006

Peanut butter, mother fucker.

ecna posted:

Wizards?

Yeah that's it! Thanks!

Rodney Munch
May 4, 2006

ecna posted:

Wizards?

Was that the inspiration for the arcade game Joust?

PonchtheJedi
Feb 20, 2004

Still got some work to do...

Rodney Munch posted:

What movie is this?

You might want to check out Hell Comes to Frogtown, it's a movie that takes place in a wasteland, and the frogmen wear these goofy goggles at the beginning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internets LOL
Nov 29, 2004

by Lowtax
I'm trying to remember what time this movie took place in, but I honestly cannot loving remember at all. I remember two guys get into a car and drive along the highway. They're talking and they reach an interection and the driver asks "left or right" over and over and the passenger screams out "RIGHT!" (I believe) at the last second. He turns right, barely missing the median thing, and they reach a dead end. He stops the car and says something about life and finishes his sentence with "but sometimes you don't see the bend ahead".

Anyone know what I'm talking about?