Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cylyk
Feb 3, 2006
T_T

D.R. posted:

Custom shop 2 piece body, custom color (surf green). Possibly the only non custom shop limited run guitars Fender has made.

What about the thin-skin reissues and the like?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Engine Fortegue
Feb 1, 2004

strap me down they must sedate me

poke me prod me irritate me

cylyk posted:

What about the thin-skin reissues and the like?

:ssh: dude let him have his moment

D.R.
Nov 11, 2005

by Lowtax
There are hundreds if not thousands of thin skin resissues made. There are 68 FDP strats. The thin skin guitars are hardly a custom batch like the FDPLE.

Uncle Caveman
Jun 16, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.
Wait, they made a limited edition for the Fender Discussion Page? Does it come with a ponytail and denim shorts?

I'm on the FDP

Nice Strat

You son of a bitch

D.R.
Nov 11, 2005

by Lowtax

Uncle Caveman posted:

Wait, they made a limited edition for the Fender Discussion Page? Does it come with a ponytail and denim shorts?

I'm on the FDP

Nice Strat

You son of a bitch

Have you ever been to one of the jams? Sweet lord, it's the land of the closed toe sandal and button down camp shirt. The people are pretty cool though.

I learned a lot from the FDP when I was first starting out and was on the site when the idea for the FDPLE came about. I didn't have the money back then. It's a pretty special thing for me to find this one. It may not be a custom shop masterpiece but try and find a run of guitars Fender has done to a groups specifications, using a non custom shop guitar, in any type of limited quantity. You simply won't. That doesn't make it worth a lot of money but it makes it worth a lot to me.

Engine Fortegue
Feb 1, 2004

Man how awesome would it be it the forums got their own guitar model? Hell even if it was like a Washburn or something I'd spend ridiculous amounts of money on a Lowtax Signature Edition

Messyass
Dec 23, 2003

That means we would have to be able to agree on the specifications... :psyduck:

Engine Fortegue
Feb 1, 2004

I say we let lowtax or colorfinger make all the design choices

Tuvoe
Mar 15, 2005

I'm saving up so that I can get either one of these by the end of the summer.

Engine Fortegue
Feb 1, 2004

Tuvoe posted:

I say get the one without the massive erection.

PenguinBob
Oct 12, 2000

Tuvoe posted:

Any P-bass that costs as much as a 'wick costs too much.

Meursault Horny
Sep 9, 2003

I just made a distortion box out of an old walkman

you just solder an input where the tape head was and the crappy circuit is overloaded by the much stronger guitar signal. I actually went into the left channel input then plugged the left output back into the right input so it goes through twice. It sounds pretty cool, and I can play along with the radio, too!

ScreaminKing
Feb 26, 2002

I was punched in the face. What's your excuse?
I got a Twin Reverb reissue awhile back, but it didn't make it past the honeymoon period with me. It was just too drat loud, and I found out that I liked the cleans enough on my JCM800 to use it as a base for pedals.

I just posted it on craigslist today. I'm gonna take the cash and order myself up a nice MIJ Jazzmaster :dance:

Occupy Japan
Feb 4, 2005

I've spent so much time clopping to fillies that my joints have locked up!

PenguinBob posted:

Any P-bass that costs as much as a 'wick costs too much.

Lower-end Warwick, MIA P-Bass.

Giles In Disguise
Mar 17, 2007

by Eris Is Goddess

pinochle princess posted:

you just solder an input where the tape head was and the crappy circuit is overloaded by the much stronger guitar signal. I actually went into the left channel input then plugged the left output back into the right input so it goes through twice. It sounds pretty cool, and I can play along with the radio, too!

Any chance you can post an mp3 demo?

PenguinBob
Oct 12, 2000

Occupy Japan posted:

Lower-end Warwick, MIA P-Bass.

New Fenders are overpriced. :colbert:

a big cup of cum
Aug 4, 2004

by Ozma

drat, that's really cool. I sorta want to learn some rudimentary things about electronics so I can do stuff like this.

Here's my latest gear purchase: a String Swing. Exciting!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Meursault Horny
Sep 9, 2003

Giles In Disguise posted:

Any chance you can post an mp3 demo?

yeah, no problem

http://www.zshare.net/audio/rock-mp3-80m.html
031707-walkman2.mp3 - 3.92MB

The first one is like chords and riffs and stuff, sort of, I don't really play rock music much anymore so excuse how terrible my playing is, but you can get the idea. The second mp3 is just tapping on muted strings while the player is switched to AM radio. Both of them are just the guitar run through the tape player, no other effects or anything (except a little recorder at the end).

At the thrift store I bought two walkmen, so I'm going to make a guide on how to put one of these together pretty soon, it's super easy.

Jagdhippo
Feb 5, 2006

"That's just his way of saying 'Hello!', dear."

yeah, no problem

The first one is like chords and riffs and stuff, sort of, I don't really play rock music much anymore so excuse how terrible my playing is, but you can get the idea. The second mp3 is just tapping on muted strings while the player is switched to AM radio. Both of them are just the guitar run through the tape player, no other effects or anything (except a little recorder at the end).

At the thrift store I bought two walkmen, so I'm going to make a guide on how to put one of these together pretty soon, it's super easy.
It sounds like SNES music albeit very fuzzy.

vac
Jul 10, 2005
:o

yeah, no problem

How difficult would it be to add a switch that allow you run it through one channel or both channels (left and right)?

Kekkoslovakia
Dec 21, 2004

by mons all madden
Pants: creamed.

This is the first of two panels made out of analog modular kits that a friend is building for me.

From left to right, the panel contains the following modules (mostly Music From Outer Space kits):

2 x VCO
Noise Generator
Sample & Hold
LFO
State Variable Filter
ADSR Envelope Generator
Dual VC Amplifier

nem0nic
May 27, 2002

Helping DJs to suck less...
Home Studio Makeover!

New Middle Atlantic 24U isolation rack. I also bought a Furman PL-8 to go in it. 2 of my computers are now inside the case. This is the best investment I've made. I literally woke up a couple times last night because it was so quiet.

Also bought a pair of KRK ST6 monitors. With all the love for powered monitors, I got these passives for a real song. They're a little mid heavy (I'm spoiled because I sit in fron of 1031s 5 days a week), but this works out for the post work I do at home.

KosherNostra
Jan 1, 2005

WHERE DA PIRATES AT?
At last!

Too bad I won't play it until May 14th. Having it sent to my parent's house as I already have too much poo poo to bring back from college :(

Engine Fortegue
Feb 1, 2004

KosherNostra posted:

At last!

Too bad I won't play it until May 14th. Having it sent to my parent's house as I already have too much poo poo to bring back from college :(

:hfive: Dans are awesome dude. Do yourself a favor and learn Secret Agent Man because dans are tailor made for spy guitar and surf rock

Timage
Feb 6, 2006
I gots me a couple of Boss pedals:

The DD-6 surprised me with it's awesome. I didn't know about the hold and warp features, which are so incredibly rad it made be giggle. For those who don't know, the hold feature basically lets you record a 5 second rhythm line, then it loops that and allows you to play over the top of it (overdubbing, yay). The warp, when activated while performing a vibrato on a string (for example), gradually increases the feedback and volume of the sound. Really, really :awesome:. The Over-drive is the exact sound I was after, having tried the DS-1 first and hating it.

Drazzy
Oct 5, 2003

If I had $20 right now, I'd probably put it towards one of my many bills that I have yet to pay.
Got this Behringer X V-AMP effects pedal for dirt cheap from a neighbour who has family ties to a local music store. It's definitely worth the $40 I paid for it, haha.

FlossMan
Oct 19, 2005

No, I can't. Too much hair.

Drazzy posted:

Got this Behringer X V-AMP effects pedal for dirt cheap from a neighbour who has family ties to a local music store. It's definitely worth the $40 I paid for it, haha.

Out of curiosity, is it made of metal or plastic?

Drazzy
Oct 5, 2003

If I had $20 right now, I'd probably put it towards one of my many bills that I have yet to pay.
Plastic, unfortunately. I have to say it's pretty sturdy, though. Perfect for screwing around with in the house, but I don't think I'd gig or do any travelling with it.

beeble
Apr 27, 2004

BEEBLE 09.JUL.14

The glory of the many demands more TECH SUPPORT. I FEEL GLORIOUS!
I got bored of the natural color finish

mofolotopo
May 10, 2004

TICK STAMPEDE!!!!

Buying-Bid posted:

I got bored of the natural color finish

Who's the :downs: supposed to be?

beeble
Apr 27, 2004

BEEBLE 09.JUL.14

The glory of the many demands more TECH SUPPORT. I FEEL GLORIOUS!

mofolotopo posted:

Who's the :downs: supposed to be?

a happy woman holding flowers i found a picture of a couple years back

someone said "fat elton john" is what it looked like so I like that story better

Drazzy
Oct 5, 2003

My favourite amp that I've ever used is definitely the Fender Princeton Chorus. Keep in mind that I haven't played many amps, but this thing is GREAT. Got a nice crunch to it even at low volumes and it sounds superb clean. My neighbour who was in a band for a long time used this thing for all his shows. He had 3 of them and this one was the one he used at home. He gave it to me for $50 and a reformat of his computer.

Aeon_
Jan 6, 2002

See you, space cowboy.

Drazzy posted:

He had 3 of them

Not that they are bad amps or anything, but why the gently caress would anyone own 3 of them? It doesn't make sense: solid states are sturdier than tubes, and if he wanted more volume an extension cabinet would be better.

Drazzy
Oct 5, 2003

Aeon posted:

Not that they are bad amps or anything, but why the gently caress would anyone own 3 of them? It doesn't make sense: solid states are sturdier than tubes, and if he wanted more volume an extension cabinet would be better.

He had 1 to gig with, 1 to play with at home and one he bought dirt cheap at a pawn shop that he would use for parts if one broke. Also, it IS a solid state amp. It is not tube.

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?

I got this at a fantastic price from Steve's Music Center and after replacing the factory roundwounds with Rotosound black nylon flatwounds it sounds pretty rad. Also unless the light hits it right, it looks like I'm playing a silhouette.

qball
Aug 1, 2002

You could go and have a bite, and you'd still be hearin' that one.
Flying V ukulele :rock:. I can play very bad versions of Enter Sandman and Hey Jude :)

It came with a cool case too.

Hamer777
Jan 23, 2006
Scored this for $840 off the same dude that sold me the Mesa. My rig is complete... actually i need new pickups for my Ibanez and a reverb pedal. I'm never going to quit buying gear. Also that ukulele is intense and awesome!

motormind
Nov 12, 2005

Come get some!
I got me one of these:

Yay! Now I can make music in the bus!

Wooley
Jan 11, 2005

i can't read metal font

motormind posted:

I got me one of these:

Yay! Now I can make music in the bus!

how do you like it? i'm torn between that and the 1000.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

motormind
Nov 12, 2005

Come get some!

Wooley posted:

how do you like it? i'm torn between that and the 1000.

It's excellent. I wish you could use a hard disk, though. I use the 500 for doing stuff on the go, which I then load into my MPC1000 to finish. If you only want to buy one MPC, then you'd better get the 1000.