Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jakio
Oct 1, 2006
Mexican Goon

Internets LOL posted:

I'm trying to remember what time this movie took place in, but I honestly cannot loving remember at all. I remember two guys get into a car and drive along the highway. They're talking and they reach an interection and the driver asks "left or right" over and over and the passenger screams out "RIGHT!" (I believe) at the last second. He turns right, barely missing the median thing, and they reach a dead end. He stops the car and says something about life and finishes his sentence with "but sometimes you don't see the bend ahead".

Anyone know what I'm talking about?

A Goofy Movie?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internets LOL
Nov 29, 2004

by Lowtax

Jakio posted:

A Goofy Movie?

No, I saw this movie recently (within the past week) on either HBO, SpikeTV, or FX. I wish I could remember more about it. :(

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Internets LOL posted:

I'm trying to remember what time this movie took place in, but I honestly cannot loving remember at all. I remember two guys get into a car and drive along the highway. They're talking and they reach an interection and the driver asks "left or right" over and over and the passenger screams out "RIGHT!" (I believe) at the last second. He turns right, barely missing the median thing, and they reach a dead end. He stops the car and says something about life and finishes his sentence with "but sometimes you don't see the bend ahead".

It definitely sounds familiar. I'm picturing a mentor/apprentice relationship, with Denzel Washington or Morgan Freeman or some wise black guy as the mentor.

rendicil
Mar 30, 2003
I like to piss in the cheerios.
Anyone got an answer for me?

T.K. Machine
Feb 20, 2006

Colorblind by design
It'd seem like I should be able to find this one, since it was a pretty recent and well-made feature, but I searched imdb and the web and didn't turn anything up.

It's a dramedy about an Australian fisherman/hitman who keeps his night job a secret from his family (wife and daughter). His reluctant partner in crime ends up falling in love with his daughter and marries her at the end of the movie, happy-ending style.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

FitFortDanga posted:

It definitely sounds familiar. I'm picturing a mentor/apprentice relationship, with Denzel Washington or Morgan Freeman or some wise black guy as the mentor.

Nurse Betty maybe?

http://imdb.com/title/tt0171580/

If it's Morgan Freeman he and Chris Rock are basically on a road trip

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Alan Smithee posted:

Nurse Betty maybe?

http://imdb.com/title/tt0171580/

If it's Morgan Freeman he and Chris Rock are basically on a road trip

I've seen that and I don't think so. I could be way off about the guy being black. I hope someone figures it out because now it's driving ME nuts.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

I saw an old 70s movie with Audrey Hepburn, where she plays a blind woman living at home when burglars enter (think it inspired Panic Room). You have 3 different robbers, one I don't remember his personality too much, one was a charmer and much more sympathetic in his treatment towards AH (and winds up getting killed), and one guy was a total snake

zombieman
Aug 8, 2003

That's one happy fucking egg!

Alan Smithee posted:

I saw an old 70s movie with Audrey Hepburn, where she plays a blind woman living at home when burglars enter (think it inspired Panic Room). You have 3 different robbers, one I don't remember his personality too much, one was a charmer and much more sympathetic in his treatment towards AH (and winds up getting killed), and one guy was a total snake

Wait Until Dark.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062467/

PonchtheJedi
Feb 20, 2004

Still got some work to do...
I saw what I believe was a made for TV movie back in the eighties. I believe the title was the name of the main character, but I can't remember his name. I remember it because it was really depressing - some old people are in a nursing home that treats them badly. They are pretty much powerless to do anything, and if I remember correctly, the nurses foil any chance they have to expose the poor conditions and mistreatment. Finally, at the end, the old man purposely overdoses on medication (perhaps after stealing the key to med room) so that his death will prompt an investigation that will uncover the whole thing. The movie ends with him sitting in his wheelchair dying, I believe.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

PonchtheJedi posted:

I saw what I believe was a made for TV movie back in the eighties. I believe the title was the name of the main character, but I can't remember his name. I remember it because it was really depressing - some old people are in a nursing home that treats them badly. They are pretty much powerless to do anything, and if I remember correctly, the nurses foil any chance they have to expose the poor conditions and mistreatment. Finally, at the end, the old man purposely overdoses on medication (perhaps after stealing the key to med room) so that his death will prompt an investigation that will uncover the whole thing. The movie ends with him sitting in his wheelchair dying, I believe.

I havent seen and Im sure it isn't but not One Flew Over a Cuckoos Nest right?

nyarlathotep667
Sep 5, 2005

Shazbot!

Alan Smithee posted:

Nope, that's definitely not it. One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest is about the patients of an insane asylum suffering the predations of the oppressive battleaxe of a nurse: Nurse Ratched! Great flick. Alas, I have no answers for the film PonchtheJedi is looking for, though it sounds familiar. v:(v

PonchtheJedi
Feb 20, 2004

Still got some work to do...

Alan Smithee posted:

Nah, that's not it. The protagonist of this movie was old, he had a white beard, I think, and was wheelchair bound most or all of the time.

NickThorn
Jan 11, 2005

I'm fucking wild about KEYKEYs.
Okay I got one. I don't remember any of the plot but I do remember a scene. A wealthy woman is awaiting the arrival of a famous composer for her big dinner party. The composer sets up his "band" on a gazebo-like dock sitting on a lake. While practicing, the protagonists of the film cut the dock away so the band is playing on as they float away from the big party and the protagonists are discovered by the rich aristocrat. I remember later in the movie (credits maybe) the band is seen still floating on this dock playing music.

I saw this at home within the past two years. I seem to remember DVR'ing it from HBO or something, maybe I rented it, not sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

NickThorn
Jan 11, 2005

Donkeylips posted:

I saw a trailer for a horror movie a couple years ago or so.

It was a pan on a beach covered with those things that stop tanks. Then there were a bunch of these weird zombie kinda things wearing gasmasks getting up.

That's all I remember.

http://www.gorehoundinc.com/promo.html Worst Case Scenario. It wasn't an actual movie, it was just a trailer that some guys made as a joke/false hope to make a movie. Apparently production is starting this year.

NickThorn fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Mar 22, 2007

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
Edit: Whoops

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

NickThorn posted:

Okay I got one. I don't remember any of the plot but I do remember a scene. A wealthy woman is awaiting the arrival of a famous composer for her big dinner party. The composer sets up his "band" on a gazebo-like dock sitting on a lake. While practicing, the protagonists of the film cut the dock away so the band is playing on as they float away from the big party and the protagonists are discovered by the rich aristocrat. I remember later in the movie (credits maybe) the band is seen still floating on this dock playing music.
At the Circus, starring the Marx Brothers.

NickThorn
Jan 11, 2005

Thank you! I had a feeling it was a Marx brothers movie but a quick google search did not help me. Thank you, very much.

Jakio
Oct 1, 2006
Mexican Goon
I saw this movie a few months ago on IFC.

This young girl drew this house and when she went to sleep, the house came alive in her dreams, it was like a happy place for her. She drew more stuff, a boy in the window for example, and that stuff appeared in the dream too. Early on in the movie, her drawing gets throw away. She digs it out and it was all dirty and ripped up. She goes to sleep and goes back to the house in her dreams, but everything is all dark and gothic and it became a nightmare.

I think this movie was made in the late '80s/early '90s.

Jakio
Oct 1, 2006
Mexican Goon

Internets LOL posted:

I was going to find out the name of this movie if it was the last thing I did. It was bugging me really bad.

The movie is Stand and Deliver

You only see the turn, you don't see the road ahead.

zombieman
Aug 8, 2003

That's one happy fucking egg!

Jakio posted:

I saw this movie a few months ago on IFC.

This young girl drew this house and when she went to sleep, the house came alive in her dreams, it was like a happy place for her. She drew more stuff, a boy in the window for example, and that stuff appeared in the dream too. Early on in the movie, her drawing gets throw away. She digs it out and it was all dirty and ripped up. She goes to sleep and goes back to the house in her dreams, but everything is all dark and gothic and it became a nightmare.

I think this movie was made in the late '80s/early '90s.

Paperhouse.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098061/

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Jakio posted:

I was going to find out the name of this movie if it was the last thing I did. It was bugging me really bad.

The movie is Stand and Deliver

You only see the turn, you don't see the road ahead.

Goddamn good call, thank you. And we were just talking about this movie in another thread too.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

I remember seeing a movie, wanna say late 70's/early 80s, about a couple of kids who have telepathic powers. A bad guy is holding one of the boys hostage and for some reason the boy cooperates with him. I think the good guys are with his sister. I honestly don't remember if his sister did indeed have powers but I'm positive there was a sister. Anyway at one point they are tailing the bad guy's car in another car and the bad guy tells the boy to lose em by making the sun's glare on their window unbearable, and it temporarily blinds them allowing them to get away for the time being.

Scrot Eel
Jan 22, 2002

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!

Alan Smithee posted:

I remember seeing a movie, wanna say late 70's/early 80s, about a couple of kids who have telepathic powers. A bad guy is holding one of the boys hostage and for some reason the boy cooperates with him. I think the good guys are with his sister. I honestly don't remember if his sister did indeed have powers but I'm positive there was a sister. Anyway at one point they are tailing the bad guy's car in another car and the bad guy tells the boy to lose em by making the sun's glare on their window unbearable, and it temporarily blinds them allowing them to get away for the time being.
I haven't seen it since I was 7, but that sounds a lot like Escape to Witch Mountain - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0072951/plotsummary

Spider Crusoe
Jan 30, 2005

I'm remembering a scene, but I can't remember where it's from. It's a flashback to a young boy at school. It's recess time and he's playing marbles with the other kids, and he makes a big win just as the recess ends. The boy is piling the marbles into his pockets when the teacher comes to take him back inside. As the teacher does this, the boy's pockets rip open, spilling the marbles on the ground.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Spider Crusoe posted:

I'm remembering a scene, but I can't remember where it's from. It's a flashback to a young boy at school. It's recess time and he's playing marbles with the other kids, and he makes a big win just as the recess ends. The boy is piling the marbles into his pockets when the teacher comes to take him back inside. As the teacher does this, the boy's pockets rip open, spilling the marbles on the ground.

I've definitely seen this, and not too long ago... could it be Au Revoir Les Enfants?

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

Spider Crusoe posted:

I've seen this too, I think it's an American movie though,

e: or are you saying it's definitely Au Revoir...?

Pweller fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Mar 24, 2007

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Spider Crusoe posted:

It's from Amélie.

Lutherous
Jun 7, 2006

by Ozma
It was a movie based on the underground rave scene in San Francisco I believe, it starts with them planning how to build a rave in an abandoned warehouse and on the cover there is a dude holding a giant disco ball I believe.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Lutherous posted:

It was a movie based on the underground rave scene in San Francisco I believe, it starts with them planning how to build a rave in an abandoned warehouse and on the cover there is a dude holding a giant disco ball I believe.

Godmil
Dec 31, 2003

This has been bugging me for nearly 20 years so I'd be REALLY happy if anyone could help me with it.

Saw: Video rental in late 80's (There was a trailer on the video for Day of the Dead)
Genre: cheesy U.S. Ninja film.
Outline: Two american guys get trained by an old guy in the art of Ninjutsu, I think to take down some evil ninja who is the head of a big corporation.

The ending is stuck in my head, the two guys are in some area where there is dirt on the ground and large concrete pillars all around them (and a concrete ceiling - maybe under a road bridge) something approaches them undergound, you see a buldge in the dirt moving quickly towards them (Tremors style), then when it gets to them, it's the main bad guy who jumps 30feet straight up out of the ground. There is a big fight scene where the good guys lose, then some girl who is with them is forced to hand over a videotape to the bad guy - but she's hiding a knife underneith it and managed to stab him - at which point the good guys jump back into action and take him down.

The only other scene's I remember are when the good guys are being taught ninjutsu they are sparring with each other on a beach - then punching bails of hay, then chopping wooden polls with katanas. Also during one scene the bad ninjas are training and one starts taking it too far and killing his comrades (at one point using what appear to be an axe head on the end of a chain) - after his killing spree the main bad guy kills him.

Big thanks to anyone who can help with this. This was my favorite film as a kid and I'd love to track it down.

invalid user
Nov 15, 2006

Shit's expensive, bro. Plus, fuck Lurdiak.
I saw this on tv sometime in the early-mid 90s probably. It's only a scene, but I'm sure someone must know it.

It's just a black guy onstage in a comedy club. He's talking and doing his routine which consists of his eyes bulging out and wiggling super-quickly. I remember his words not being too funny (but this could have been attributed to my youth) and the audience in the film was laughing hysterically at his eyes.

Anyone?

Disinfestator
Oct 18, 2004

by Lowtax
Saw it on- TV
When- Early to mid 1990s
Genre- not sure, as I only remember one scene. Horror?

The only scene I recall is a waitress standing behind a counter in a diner where for some reason, a butcher knife attached to a record player turntable placed on a low shelf starts spinning and slices her foot. At least, that's how I remember it.

Svatik
Dec 6, 2003

-Saw it on TV
-Maybe 2/3 years ago

-A young family (mother, father, and 8 year old boy), lives in 1950's suburbia. Skinny black ties, fedorah hats, white pickett fences kinda thing. The father works as a mortician, and brings home flesh because THE PARENTS HAVE A CANNIBALISM FETISH. The son is totally unaware of this, and mostly stuggles yo get by with his abusive father. He eventually comes to realize the cannibalism thing. The movie ends with the father who, in a fit of rage tries to kill his son, at which point the mother intervenes and stabs(?) the father, killing him.

-Full length, color movie, drama/suspense/horror, probably late 90s or later. Don't think it was a made-for-tv movie though.

Awesome movie

go goons go

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Svatik posted:

-Saw it on TV
-Maybe 2/3 years ago

-A young family (mother, father, and 8 year old boy), lives in 1950's suburbia. Skinny black ties, fedorah hats, white pickett fences kinda thing. The father works as a mortician, and brings home flesh because THE PARENTS HAVE A CANNIBALISM FETISH. The son is totally unaware of this, and mostly stuggles yo get by with his abusive father. He eventually comes to realize the cannibalism thing. The movie ends with the father who, in a fit of rage tries to kill his son, at which point the mother intervenes and stabs(?) the father, killing him.

-Full length, color movie, drama/suspense/horror, probably late 90s or later. Don't think it was a made-for-tv movie though.

Awesome movie

go goons go

Parents (1989) starring Randy Quaid.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098068/

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

ja raul
Mar 19, 2004
-ja raul
Saw it : 5 years ago
Genre : Horror/Suspense

Story revolves around this hannibal-esque bad guy that collects limbs and sews them together to recreate Jesus' being crucified, I seem to only remember those vague details, I cant even remember if it was decent or had any major stars in it.

ClydeUmney
May 13, 2004

One can hardly ignore the Taoist implications of "Fuck it, Dude. Let's go bowling."

XiXious posted:

Saw it : 5 years ago
Genre : Horror/Suspense

Story revolves around this hannibal-esque bad guy that collects limbs and sews them together to recreate Jesus' being crucified, I seem to only remember those vague details, I cant even remember if it was decent or had any major stars in it.

It's called Resurrection, with Christopher Lambert. It is absolutely hilarious, and completely terrible.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0142804/

fredhate
Jul 30, 2006

Disinfestator posted:

Saw it on- TV
When- Early to mid 1990s
Genre- not sure, as I only remember one scene. Horror?

The only scene I recall is a waitress standing behind a counter in a diner where for some reason, a butcher knife attached to a record player turntable placed on a low shelf starts spinning and slices her foot. At least, that's how I remember it.

There is a scene similar to this (sans record player) in Maximum Overdrive. An electric butcher knife slices in to a waitresses foot in the cook's area of a truck stop diner.

Disinfestator
Oct 18, 2004

by Lowtax

fredhate posted:

There is a scene similar to this (sans record player) in Maximum Overdrive. An electric butcher knife slices in to a waitresses foot in the cook's area of a truck stop diner.

That's probably it, thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Svatik
Dec 6, 2003

Inspector Hound you are the man, thank you so much.