Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

toadee posted:

Synthesizers.com 22-space modular synthesizer, halfway complete (10 spaces left to go). So far here's the list:
Based on my limited experience with modular synthesizers, I assume you are the happiest person on the face of the planet right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

Buying-Bid posted:

I got bored of the natural color finish

The fact that that was obviously drawn on with a Sharpie makes this even better. I love it.

crud junction
Dec 25, 2005

by Danny Manic

Booya 999 from bass central... I love it. Really comfortable coming from a 5 string spector.

crud junction fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Mar 27, 2007

PenguinBob
Oct 12, 2000

crud junction posted:

Booya 999 from bass central... I love it. Really comfortable coming from a 5 string spector.

I really like that color.

Engine Fortegue
Feb 1, 2004

strap me down they must sedate me

poke me prod me irritate me

crud junction posted:

drat dude that finish is beautiful

What's your opinion of Sunn cabs?

imav
Dec 30, 2005

it means delicious!
Just dropped $660 on an Ibanez BTB456QM today. There are no words for the love that I have for this guitar.

Adding to my slowly expanding collection of stringed instruments...

now I just need an amp that isn't poo poo.

UberNoke
Jul 20, 2004

Are you injecting dope into your scrotum!? You can tell me! I’m hip!

crud junction posted:

What is this? It looks like a regular precision bass but with an extra pickup from the Big Block Precision. The fourth knob leads me to think it's active? If it were passive I would love to purchase one of these to replace that humbucker with a Dark Star. Regardless, it's a great looking bass.

UberNoke fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Mar 27, 2007

PenguinBob
Oct 12, 2000

UberNoke posted:

What is this? It looks like a regular precision bass but with an extra pickup from the Big Block Precision. The fourth knob leads me to think it's active? If it were passive I would love to purchase one of these to replace that humbucker with a Dark Star. Regardless, it's a great looking bass.

American Deluxe P-Bass. The Standard Deluxe has a J pickup at the bridge.

FlossMan
Oct 19, 2005

No, I can't. Too much hair.

With the arrival of my PedalTrain and the Pedal Power... it's finally complete!

juan chaos
Sep 3, 2006
Let It Die

FlossMan posted:

With the arrival of my PedalTrain and the Pedal Power... it's finally complete!

Have you tried mounting the PP2 to the underside of the pedaltrain jr? I've seen a few pictures of some really good mods to the PTjr that makes it look very sleek.

FlossMan
Oct 19, 2005

juan chaos posted:

Have you tried mounting the PP2 to the underside of the pedaltrain jr? I've seen a few pictures of some really good mods to the PTjr that makes it look very sleek.

I'd have to use a dremel, which I don't trust myself with. Right now it works. :)

juan chaos
Sep 3, 2006
Let It Die
It's an awesome setup though. I think the OCD runs on 18v right? I think the PP2 can put out 18v.

FlossMan
Oct 19, 2005

juan chaos posted:

It's an awesome setup though. I think the OCD runs on 18v right? I think the PP2 can put out 18v.

Right now it's at 12v (along with the tube screamer) while I'm waiting for the y-cable that will let me chain two 9v ports together. :D But it sounds better at 12 than at 9... I can only imagine how awesome 18 will sound.

juan chaos
Sep 3, 2006
Let It Die

FlossMan posted:

Right now it's at 12v (along with the tube screamer) while I'm waiting for the y-cable that will let me chain two 9v ports together. :D But it sounds better at 12 than at 9... I can only imagine how awesome 18 will sound.

I've been told that running the pedal at 18v increases the headroom and contains the same sort of gain texture you would get if you were to seriously crank your amp. Something that a lot of dirt pedals suffer from is totally flubbing out when you crank your amp, but the OCD at 18v is supposed to retain a low-volume quality as well.

Dr Rodney Mckay
Jun 26, 2005

Yes, if only we had a magical tool that could slow time down. I foolishly left mine on earth... Did you bring yours?

Dr Rodney Mckay fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Jul 4, 2009

FlossMan
Oct 19, 2005

juan chaos posted:

I've been told that running the pedal at 18v increases the headroom and contains the same sort of gain texture you would get if you were to seriously crank your amp. Something that a lot of dirt pedals suffer from is totally flubbing out when you crank your amp, but the OCD at 18v is supposed to retain a low-volume quality as well.

This is very true, even at 12v. I recommend this pedal highly. Buy it, you know you want to. :D

Drazzy
Oct 5, 2003

If I had $20 right now, I'd probably put it towards one of my many bills that I have yet to pay.
Not really a big item in terms of hardware, but I just had a Graphtech nut installed in my MIM Strat. Replaced the 7-year old stock nut with this baby. The guitar plays so much better now, it is like night and day. I never would have thought a nut would make this much difference!

My tech even let me stay and taught me how to file a nut :)

OptimusCrime
Jun 17, 2003

cunning linguist

John123 posted:

ESP RZK-1

That is a sexy beast. Congrats.

Engine Fortegue
Feb 1, 2004

Drazzy posted:

Not really a big item in terms of hardware, but I just had a Graphtech nut installed in my MIM Strat. Replaced the 7-year old stock nut with this baby. The guitar plays so much better now, it is like night and day. I never would have thought a nut would make this much difference!

My tech even let me stay and taught me how to file a nut :)

How would you say it's playability has changed? I've been wanting to get the nut replaced in my prs tremonti

Drazzy
Oct 5, 2003

If I had $20 right now, I'd probably put it towards one of my many bills that I have yet to pay.

Engine Fortegue posted:

How would you say it's playability has changed? I've been wanting to get the nut replaced in my prs tremonti

The sustain is better compared to the stock nut. Hardcore bending not longer causes the guitar to go out of tune after a while, either. The strings ringing longer is definitely something I've wanted for a long time.

Doesn't the Tremonti come with a graphtech nut already?

Edit: My bad, aparently there are 2 Tremonti models now. Tremonti SE and the Tremonti Signature series.

Drazzy fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Mar 29, 2007

Engine Fortegue
Feb 1, 2004

Drazzy posted:

The sustain is better compared to the stock nut. Hardcore bending not longer causes the guitar to go out of tune after a while, either. The strings ringing longer is definitely something I've wanted for a long time.

Doesn't the Tremonti come with a graphtech nut already?

Edit: My bad, aparently there are 2 Tremonti models now. Tremonti SE and the Tremonti Signature series.

And I've the tremonti SE :sweatdrop:

AstroZamboni
Mar 8, 2007

Smoothing the Ice on Europa since 1997!

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

Maybe I'll edit this for real pictures of it instead of just ebay ones, but oh god, why are all of you so jealous of my awesome new mandolin?

I've already started to learn basic chords. G is 0023 (and easily movable with a bar), C is 0230 (again, bar it!), Em is 0223 (I bet you can bar that!) and F is 233(5) (bar that sumbitch!), D is 2002 (hey, I wonder if a bar works there!), and D7 is 2032 (not so much with the bar!)

First impressions: Oh my GOD IT IS SMALL. Smaller than I ever imagined. Luckily chords are pretty easy to pick up since it's the top four strings of a guitar upside down.

I've already got a pretty snazzy version of Twist and Shout worked out, as well as Pearl Jam's Porch

Any other mandolin nerds around?

Mandolin goon checking in. I just bought a Johnson electric A-Style and have been enjoying it much. I've been playing for about three years and I'm now playing for a local celtic folk music group.

http://www.johnsongtr.com/Madison-Electric.192.0.html

That metal dude
Mar 7, 2007

I call out to the beasts of the sea! To come forth and join us! This night is yours!

Dean Red and Black MLF limited run. 24 will be made and mine will have #1 on the trussrod cover.

Cant wait to get this bad boy. It'll be my third Dean and probly my last.

Drazzy
Oct 5, 2003

That's pretty badass! The only thing I'm not fond of is the position of the input jack. I've always hated them on the Flying V's as well.

Might I ask what something like that costs?

Engine Fortegue
Feb 1, 2004

That metal dude posted:

Dean Red and Black MLF limited run. 24 will be made and mine will have #1 on the trussrod cover.

Cant wait to get this bad boy. It'll be my third Dean and probly my last.

What can you tell me about deans? I know some people that swear by them but I haven't really gotten it yet. Why do you like them?

I'm not being sarcastic I guenuenly want to know :sweatdrop:

Jonny
Dec 31, 2005

Hamer777 posted:

Scored this for $840 off the same dude that sold me the Mesa. My rig is complete... actually i need new pickups for my Ibanez and a reverb pedal. I'm never going to quit buying gear. Also that ukulele is intense and awesome!

So you got an ESP, Mesa Head and Marshall Cab for about $2000?

You are a very lucky guy. :)

I hate you

That metal dude
Mar 7, 2007

I call out to the beasts of the sea! To come forth and join us! This night is yours!

Drazzy posted:

That's pretty badass! The only thing I'm not fond of is the position of the input jack. I've always hated them on the Flying V's as well.

Might I ask what something like that costs?

The input jack is actualy in a cool place. You can loop your cable through the strap and it stays in place pretty well. Plus I think the top would look a little "naked" without the jack there.

It's 695 shipped with a hardshell case. We got hooked up with a dealer who posts on the Dean web forum and got the ball rolling. It's taken a year for them to get it right. The first batch came out orange, which turned alot of people off. The red on this one will be better, but I would have liked it much better.

Engine Fortegue posted:

What can you tell me about deans? I know some people that swear by them but I haven't really gotten it yet. Why do you like them?

I'm not being sarcastic I guenuenly want to know :sweatdrop:
Well theres a love/hate relationship with my Deans right now. I'm starting to learn about Deans marketing and business ethics which are a big turnoff. However, I've found that for the price the guitars are simply amazing. I have a Dime Flame ML that I absolutly LOVE to death. The binding on the neck feels great and floyd they made for these things is sturdy as hell. I can dive and pull up all day long and it never goes out of tune. My V has full binding on the body, neck, and headstock with a flame top and cherryburst finish. This V feels and plays better than all the Gibbo's I've picked up and less than half the price.

I wont lie and say taht I'm in no way influenced by Dimebag's choice in guitars. However I think every musician wants to play thier idols guitars.

Another thing I like about my Dean ML is the SIZE! I'm a big guy and guitars always feel kind of small to me. When I first got my Dime ML I was like "drat! This thing is gigantic!" and I havnt looked back. Unfourtunatly Dimebag has made the ML famous as its the only type of guitar he played for his entire career. I dont want to live in Dime's shadow and be labled a Dime sheep, partialy why I'm selling my Randall X2. I dont let it stop me, but its always in the back of my head. I think I'll continue buying ML's until I can find another guitar that just feels the way these guitars do.

I hope that is good enough. I'm not a real technical savy person when it comes to my instruments, I just know what feels good to me. I didnt like Les Pauls and I always had a thing for V's and extreme shapes. The ML caught my eye and the V looks and plays better than a Gibson. I dont want a plastic pickgaurd taking up 90% of a gutiars top.

Worst Enemy
Nov 22, 2006

Why, I oughta...

D.R. posted:

My Fender 2000 American Series Fender Discussion Page Limtted Edition #3 or 68 Super Awesome Thing

Custom shop 2 piece body, custom color (surf green). Possibly the only non custom shop limited run guitars Fender has made.

Wow! I remember my friend telling me about the FDP guitars, but I've never seen one in real life. That thing is beautiful.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

That metal dude posted:

Dean goodness

What's the scale length on Dean's guitars? I've been really GASing for a V lately and Deans seem to have all the features I'm looking for.

belikeron
Mar 11, 2007
Let bombs explode, cause that's what they do

Someday I will have it made, but until then It will have to live in photoshop as a monster of guitars merged.

Engine Fortegue
Feb 1, 2004

That metal dude posted:

However I think every musician wants to play thier idols guitars.

I'll admit to being guilty of this, I never even was interested in explorers until I found coheed and now :swoon: i want one so badly

Run Dodo Run
Oct 7, 2006

My next purchase is going to be a Korg KP2

Simply because I love the sound and what you can do with them, and I can't afford a KP3. Hoping to pick one up for around £120!

mofolotopo
May 10, 2004

TICK STAMPEDE!!!!

Engine Fortegue posted:

I'll admit to being guilty of this, I never even was interested in explorers until I found coheed and now :swoon: i want one so badly

You know, I've never really felt the urge to play the same guitars my idols do. I often want to get the same sound, but as far as the same body style, color, whatever, I've just never really cared. Then again, I'm not really a "guitarist" so much as a songwriter who plays a lot of guitar, so I guess my view of guitars is more utilitarian.

That metal dude
Mar 7, 2007

Mighty Scoop posted:

What's the scale length on Dean's guitars? I've been really GASing for a V lately and Deans seem to have all the features I'm looking for.

The V I have is around 25" from the nut to bridge. My ML is 25 1/2" from nut to bridge.

Engine Fortegue posted:

Ha, I always wanted an explorer but untill I saw Squisgar play one on Metalocalypse I never really seriously thought of buying one. :rock:

mofolotopo posted:

You know, I've never really felt the urge to play the same guitars my idols do. I often want to get the same sound, but as far as the same body style, color, whatever, I've just never really cared. Then again, I'm not really a "guitarist" so much as a songwriter who plays a lot of guitar, so I guess my view of guitars is more utilitarian.
Some people buy nothing but thier idols gear/sig gear. I think its a waste unless your a collector. I had this awsome idea of buying a couple stacks to have in a display room with different guitars around them for the people that used em. I think it would be a kickass thing to have in my home.

Atomic Monkey
Jul 27, 2006

HIS AVATAR IS BEN AFFLECK BUT HIS NAME IS ATOMIC MONK.. OH WAIT, I GET IT
My new BC Rich, Rich Bich that I bought like a month ago

Armed with Seymour Duncan Dave Mustaine Livewire pickups

(Sorry for the crap picture)

That metal dude
Mar 7, 2007

I love the NJ classic models. Very heavy, with nice finishes

How do those Livewires sound?

Engine Fortegue
Feb 1, 2004

Atomic Monkey posted:

My new BC Rich, Rich Bich that I bought like a month ago

Armed with Seymour Duncan Dave Mustaine Livewire pickups

(Sorry for the crap picture)

is that neck-through?

Atomic Monkey
Jul 27, 2006

HIS AVATAR IS BEN AFFLECK BUT HIS NAME IS ATOMIC MONK.. OH WAIT, I GET IT

That metal dude posted:

I love the NJ classic models. Very heavy, with nice finishes

How do those Livewires sound?

Pretty good, I get a very heavy sound from the JB pickup and the Jazz is wonderful for soloing

Engine Fortegue posted:

is that neck-through?
tis

crud junction
Dec 25, 2005

by Danny Manic

Engine Fortegue posted:

What's your opinion of Sunn cabs?

Its a pretty cool brag to have one

It was hidden at guitar center behind a bunch of poo poo, used of course, and I believe I got it for 600? Maybe even less... kind a foggy part of my past. It sounds loving amazing and Ive been offered well over what Ive paid for it.

In fact, I was at that same guitar center today, and when I described my rig to the saleperson, he informed me that he had hidden it and was waiting to buy it. loving owned(heh)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Engine Fortegue
Feb 1, 2004

Atomic Monkey posted:

Pretty good, I get a very heavy sound from the JB pickup and the Jazz is wonderful for soloing

tis

:rock::hellyeah: I normally don't like B.C. Rich's but that thing looks like a beast dude.

crud junction posted:

Its a pretty cool brag to have one

It was hidden at guitar center behind a bunch of poo poo, used of course, and I believe I got it for 600? Maybe even less... kind a foggy part of my past. It sounds loving amazing and Ive been offered well over what Ive paid for it.

In fact, I was at that same guitar center today, and when I described my rig to the saleperson, he informed me that he had hidden it and was waiting to buy it. loving owned(heh)

:lol::hfive: Nice job dude