Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

otaku
Jul 18, 2003

by Fistgrrl

S.Cody-kun posted:

haha yeah i forgot to mention how hilarious the bank computer interlude was. his initial reaction when there's only a 'yes' button was classic
The airline phone system I dealt with was not as ridiculous obviously, but I still was feeling like Eric there when it started asking me for information that I didn't have, with no other options given. "No, no, NO."

There's something about dealing with a smarmy smooth-talking computer that is much worse than dealing with an outdated one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheap sunglasses
Mar 22, 2002

by Ozma

Seven Force posted:

I dunno guys, I thought that mattress scene was pretty loving funny.

My local matress place brags about their "Amish built wood frames!". It makes me wish they'd show a crazed, blook-soaked Amish guy bludgeoning the bloated announcer with his hand-made hammer.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Rustie posted:

I think that a skecth like this really shows off one of Tim and Eric's strengths. If the idea got pitched at SNL or Mad TV or something the computer would have started asking crude or offensive questions. But with Tim and Eric it just asks about types of boats. And it's much funnier that way.

I agree, the fact that its rarely crude is what puts a smile on my face. Well that and a few well placed f-bomb bleeps.

And for some strange reason I don't have a problem with the subtle homo eroticism, but with the hetero :confsued:

Debbie Metallica
Jun 7, 2001

incoherent posted:

I agree, the fact that its rarely crude is what puts a smile on my face.

That's what you get when you watch shows made by a pack of freakin' Catholics.

Senor Bambos
Aug 6, 2004
"You broke your fingernail and you got- and you just don't know what to do; you need somebody to fix it. Give it a purticure or something."

This line was pretty much one of the best from the last episode, and it sounded completely improvised. God bless you, little old man.

Lil Danzig
Mar 1, 2007

Babylonian posted:

Also, I really wish some of you could quit saying "X is Tim and Eric's humor" and "if you think X, don't watch the show". It's a more veiled version of the elitist bullshit that Dr MegaTaco was probated for.

If you enjoy the show for any reason, watch it.

Agreed, and guilty as charged. I swear I'm not trying to ascribe any sort of 'rules and regulations' to enjoying the show, I'm just the weird type of rear end in a top hat that likes to over-analyze exactly why I like the things that I do. But yeah, it does come across as sort of lovely, so I'll keep my mouth shut about it. :downs:

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

My favorite part of the episode was the classy british old man at the writer's table who wrote the pizzaboy sketch

"It could be very funny, but it could also be disgusting"

Oh, and I am a soon to be proud owner of an Uncle Muscles Hour shirt. I will wear it with pride.

Debbie Metallica
Jun 7, 2001

robot roll call posted:

Oh, and I am a soon to be proud owner of an Uncle Muscles Hour shirt. I will wear it with pride.

Oooh, a sale. The Rats off To Ya shirt is calling me, though... and it is NOT on sale. :mad:

fork banger
Jan 3, 2001

Ozma posted:

Oooh, a sale. The Rats off To Ya shirt is calling me, though... and it is NOT on sale. :mad:

Of course there's a sale, did you miss this???

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

fork banger posted:

Of course there's a sale, did you miss this???

go ahead and do an altavista search!

Hey!
Feb 27, 2001

MORE MONEY = BETTER THAN
I like this show a lot, although it does have its rough moments (please for the love of god get rid of the weird guy with the puppet). For me so far, the highlights have been the 2 "Kids Break" segments, and the Zach G. Gravy Robbers thing. I never watched Tom Goes to the Mayor while it was on, but from what I have seen of TGTTM now, Tim and Eric is easily better.

Hey! fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Mar 28, 2007

Lil Danzig
Mar 1, 2007
Does anybody have a link to the commercial for the TGTM DVD? I saw it last night and I think it's INSANELY hilarious but I can't find it anywhere on the net. Grrr.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Lil Danzig posted:

Does anybody have a link to the commercial for the TGTM DVD? I saw it last night and I think it's INSANELY hilarious but I can't find it anywhere on the net. Grrr.

yeah, i hope the commerical for the dvd is on the dvd.

that'd be so much meta I think my brain might break.

I love the loops peppered thru the ad.

Ozma posted:

That's what you get when you watch shows made by a pack of freakin' Catholics.

I don't care what domination they are, its still awesome ;)

incoherent fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Mar 28, 2007

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

oops

Lil Danzig
Mar 1, 2007

incoherent posted:

Use this DVD to skip to the chapter that YOU deserve!

YancyDCjew
Feb 28, 2002

My name's Spagett, I do parties, and you just take my card, and if you need someone to spook ya-
Can anyone find the commercial? I didn't get to see it, and I can't find it on youtube, although searching for it gave me this: http://youtube.com/watch?v=GzyyOxz4bOE

TiVo has ruined me, I never see commercials and I miss out on stuff like this. :(

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

incoherent posted:

I don't care what domination they are, its still awesome ;)

When did you see the commercial? I'm going to watch AS tonight just to try and see it.

Lil Danzig
Mar 1, 2007

robot roll call posted:

When did you see the commercial? I'm going to watch AS tonight just to try and see it.

Yeah, it was on just about every commercial break last night on AS. You'll catch it tonight for sure. It's sort like a Tim and Eric send-up of a local commercial for a car dealer or something.

fork banger
Jan 3, 2001

Also possibly the best expression on the show so far:

GrimmMasterOoze
Jun 14, 2002

Does this look 'unsure' to you?
I just wanted to say that I really like this show, yet I have no idea why. It confuses me so.

Baby Lion King IMAX
May 3, 2006

by Lowtax
There's this guy in one of my classes who watches the show, apparently. Every week at some point in class he'll yell something from the newest episode to me. Today it was "I HATE THESE OLD MEN", to which I replied "HE TAUGHT ME MANY LESSONS ABOUT LEARNING ABOUT LIFE". Fun stuff.

GrimmMasterOoze posted:

I just wanted to say that I really like this show, yet I have no idea why. It confuses me so.

I just wanted to say that when I was choosing an avatar, I narrowed it down to my current Space-Tree-themed one and the one you have. I even cropped it into a square and everything and never wound up using it. v:shobon:v

Heliophobe
Jul 13, 2001
Jan-ken-bo

fork banger posted:

Rim?

CRIM

RexDart
Apr 13, 2003

Lil Danzig posted:

My buddy and I were both huge Mr. Show fans, and are really big into that whole style of obnoxious absurdist comedy, but he absolutely hates TGTM and Tim and Eric, and I love it. Other than that, our tastes in "the funny" are almost identical. So there's definitely something polarizing about the drat show.

I don't think the two shows are that similar, really. I thought TGGTM was pretty easy to "get", since Tom basically has this whole Bob Newhart straight-man thing going on, even down to similar mannerisms and timing. The situations and pacing were kind of weird, but it was basically a very traditional comedic style.

The Awesome Show is... strange. I did like the bank machine sketch alot, very funny, first big laugh I ever got from this show.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

fork banger posted:

I disagree:

Conrad Poohs
Nov 25, 2004

and his Dancing Teeth

robot roll call posted:

I disagree:

Good enough for a poke, right?

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
I had the odd compulsion to go to tomgreen.com and I don't know why. In any case, Tim and Eric are on there with Neil Hamburger who is a pretty funny guy. FWIW

CHRISTS FOR SALE
Jan 14, 2005

"fuck you and die"

FetusSlapper posted:

Adult swim shouldn't be some kind of comedy central pilot graveyard.
Why the hell not? Comedy Central is too refined and stuffy for most of the Adult Swim shows. Somebody's got to program them...

I just found out today that Tim is from Allentown, an hour away from me...and Eric is from Audobon, about 2 towns over from where I grew up. Small world!

nitebum
Aug 9, 2005

crazy beard for the win
OH GOD I WOKE UP WITH THE BEAVER BOYS SONG IN MY HEAD> PLEASE MAKE IT STOP OH GOD

Stalwart Humdinger
Feb 10, 2006

nitebum posted:

OH GOD I WOKE UP WITH THE BEAVER BOYS SONG IN MY HEAD> PLEASE MAKE IT STOP OH GOD

Okay. "Go into the light until we meet again, that's what the Correnians say again and again. Knowledge is power, it groooows like a floooooower."

This show has some great songs. I want a soundtrack.

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr
Episode is up.

Stalwart Humdinger
Feb 10, 2006
I think this is my favorite episode so far. The photo montage during the credits was brilliant, as was the EZ Kreme sketch, although that one was kind of disgusting.

Crackers and snacks!

ataridc
Aug 30, 2005

I thought that episode was horrible, but the end was kind of funny.

YancyDCjew
Feb 28, 2002

My name's Spagett, I do parties, and you just take my card, and if you need someone to spook ya-
I can't believe it's the 9th episode already. Very different, I loved the ending and Tim & Eric's replacements from a couple eps back reenacting.

The best was Pierre, though. :swoon: He is the greatest!

RiSK
Dec 9, 2006

The Red Rocket Rifle
Ugh, I thought this was the weakest yet, sadly. There were a couple parts that made me chuckle, but nothing like some of the previous episodes.

Andre Weed 420
Feb 19, 2007

by angerbot
The announcer is the voice of Spongebob, if I can recall correctly. He was also in The Mr. Show with bob & dave, so I'm guessing it's him. I mean...it looks just like him.

Rocco
Mar 15, 2003

Hey man. You're number one. Put it. In. The Bucket.
I loved this episode, but I'm kinda bummed at the trend of each episode seeming to have less and less of Tim and Eric themselves.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Tatet posted:

The announcer is the voice of Spongebob, if I can recall correctly. He was also in The Mr. Show with bob & dave, so I'm guessing it's him. I mean...it looks just like him.
It was definitely Tom Kenny, "glurg" or whatever was definitely a parody of spongebob

Rustie
Aug 25, 2003

Yeah I was glad to see Tom Kenny doing some actual sketch comedy instead of just voiceovers. He's always entertaining. His spaghetti jokes were really funny. Bob was great as always.

But my favorite part of the episode was the all Richard version of Whose Line is it Anyway. Absolutely hilarious. I guarantee that show would be far funnier than actual Whose Line.

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual
I thought this episode to be a major let down.

The last episode spoiled me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GundanianBlitz
Aug 7, 2006

It's hug therapy! It's supposed to calm him -- oh god, I think he just used the restroom in his shorts.
I really liked this episode. Bob with the diarrhea cream, kid's break (Now focus on your chi!), and the picture montage at the end cracked me up