Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeventySeven
Jan 18, 2005
I AM A FAGGOT WHO BEGGED EXTREMITY TO CREATE AM ACCOUNT FOR ME. PLEASE PELT ME WITH ASSORTED GOODS.

Mr JinX posted:

from the proceeds of the sale of my hollow artcore

Limited Edition gold G400? Niiiiice. I have the option of picking the exact same up tomorrow or waiting to get a G400 in cherry red. I really love the cherry red but I'm seriously considering the gold one.

Did you have to make that decision? I'm finding it really tough. :(

edit: waiting for the cherry red.

SeventySeven fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Apr 2, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atomic Monkey
Jul 27, 2006

HIS AVATAR IS BEN AFFLECK BUT HIS NAME IS ATOMIC MONK.. OH WAIT, I GET IT

Engine Fortegue posted:

:rock::hellyeah: I normally don't like B.C. Rich's but that thing looks like a beast dude.

If I can actually be bothered tomorrow i will take some pictures of it with me posing with it in better light so you guys can get an idea of just how bad rear end this axe is :rock:

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

I want to get a new amp. I'd love a Peavey or Hughes & Kettner tube combo with 2x12, but my budget will most likely limit me to the new Line 6 Spider III combo.

Of course, I have a H&K Attax 80 combo that I've had for 12 years. Still sounds great but I need to check the contacts on the input jack.

Buying a new amp or a another guitar, I'd love to find another lefty Ibanez RG, is contingent on my friend buying my Jasmine TC28C. I wish he'd hurry the gently caress up and get the money.

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Your human mentality cries out for vengeance and thrives on the violence you say you can hardly endure.
Couple of months ago:

Jackson DXMG Dinky with EMG 81/85s. A little dinged up, but the price was right (AUS$700) considering the pickups, and the action is to *die* for.

Last week:

Focusrite Saffire LE audio interface. Speaking as someone who has never, ever used an audio interface, I'm quite impressed with this. Pretty easy to set up and use, sounds great, and is convenient as all hell. I just wish it was a little smaller.

Next up, Duncan Invaders and a trip to the setup shop for my Kelly oh god please help me i keep buying stuff

Craiglen
Sep 2, 2006

John123 posted:

:quagmire:

ESP RZK-1

This is the sexiest guitar I have seen in a long time.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Concatenation posted:

Last week:

Focusrite Saffire LE audio interface. Speaking as someone who has never, ever used an audio interface, I'm quite impressed with this. Pretty easy to set up and use, sounds great, and is convenient as all hell. I just wish it was a little smaller.

What's the latency like? It's FireWire 400, it seems.

Craiglen
Sep 2, 2006

That metal dude posted:

I didnt like Les Pauls and I always had a thing for V's and extreme shapes. The ML caught my eye and the V looks and plays better than a Gibson. I dont want a plastic pickgaurd taking up 90% of a gutiars top.

I took initiative and took the pickguard off my Les Paul :colbert:

I'll eventually pick up a Dean ML.

That metal dude
Mar 7, 2007

I call out to the beasts of the sea! To come forth and join us! This night is yours!

Craiglen posted:

I took initiative and took the pickguard off my Les Paul :colbert:

I'll eventually pick up a Dean ML.

I dont know why they even put them on LP's honestly. Everyone just takes em off.

But the comment was more on the lines of the V's and Explorer styles, as they have the larger pickgaurds that take up the majority of the body space to hide the routing.

belikeron
Mar 11, 2007
Let bombs explode, cause that's what they do
I have an ESP LTD Explorer without a pickguard, and it looks like its missing sometning; naked. Its never had one either, so I would have to do some drilling to have one added. I'm not generally a fan of all black guitars, but a black explorer(preferably the rounded Gibsons) with all nickel hardware and a nickel pickguard, :fap:

Friends don't let friends use gold hardware on black guitars!

Icemakor
Sep 11, 2000

I bought a (slightly used) Garrison G20. Made in St.John's, Newfoundland.
http://www.garrisonguitars.com/gseries.asp?r=g20

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

belikeron posted:

Friends don't let friends use gold hardware on guitars, period!

Fixed for me. Chrome looks so much classier.

Engine Fortegue
Feb 1, 2004

strap me down they must sedate me

poke me prod me irritate me

That metal dude posted:

I dont know why they even put them on LP's honestly. Everyone just takes em off.

But the comment was more on the lines of the V's and Explorer styles, as they have the larger pickgaurds that take up the majority of the body space to hide the routing.

I'm getting a floating pickguard installed on my PRS Tremonti SE because it doesn't have one and I like them. :colbert:

That metal dude
Mar 7, 2007

I call out to the beasts of the sea! To come forth and join us! This night is yours!
Haha, well cool. Sometimes they can look kickass. A black V with a chrome red mirror pickgaurd would be sweeeet. Saw a guy from Balzac use one in a video and fell in love instantly.

reethaxor
Apr 26, 2002

Where's that fucking marble?

:love::h::love::h::love::h::love:

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Your human mentality cries out for vengeance and thrives on the violence you say you can hardly endure.

RSPsych0 posted:

What's the latency like? It's FireWire 400, it seems.

Yeah, with Firewire 400 I get about 5 ms, according to Cubase

belikeron posted:

Friends don't let friends use gold hardware on black guitars!

Horton's Warmoth custom explorer would like to have a word with you :mad:. I love this thing:

belikeron
Mar 11, 2007

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

belikeron posted:

The gold hardware looks so much better.

qball
Aug 1, 2002

You could go and have a bite, and you'd still be hearin' that one.

Handen posted:

The gold hardware looks so much better.

I think it's very much one of those polar opposite things. Either you love gold hardware or you hate it.

I'm part of the latter camp.

That metal dude
Mar 7, 2007

Gold on black is classy.

dephconn
Oct 10, 2003

qball posted:

I think it's very much one of those polar opposite things. Either you love gold hardware or you hate it.

I'm part of the latter camp.

Or you hate both because it's an awful, awkward looking guitar. Either way.

belikeron
Mar 11, 2007

dephconn posted:

Or you hate both because it's an awful, awkward looking guitar. Either way.

Putting gold on an explorer is one thing, but you sir blasphemy. I call for a fatwa on dephconn :awesome:

In all honesty though I am biased, since generally I dislike gold in any application.

belikeron fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Apr 2, 2007

SpeedyCow
Oct 8, 2001

I luv the itty bitty Phillies!

belikeron posted:

Putting gold on an explorer is one thing, but you sir blasphemy. I call for a fatwa on dephconn :awesome:

In all honesty though I am biased, since generally I dislike gold in any application.

His favorites guitars is thems grandpas guitars

Cynicide
Jun 13, 2002

Born from a wish
I found this purple Double Fat Squier Strat at a used guitar store last weekend.

In relation to the recent discussion I plan to replace the scratchplate and fittings with gold ones.

Mmmm... purple on gold... tacky.

Hamer777
Jan 23, 2006
In response to the gold debate, seriously picture my guitar with chrome hardware. I'm not really for it or against it but this guitar is a sexy beast.

Hamer777 posted:

PenguinBob
Oct 12, 2000

Cynicide posted:

I found this purple Double Fat Squier Strat at a used guitar store last weekend.

In relation to the recent discussion I plan to replace the scratchplate and fittings with gold ones.

That's like the official color scheme of old-school pimps.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Hamer777 posted:

In response to the gold debate, seriously picture my guitar with chrome hardware. I'm not really for it or against it but this guitar is a sexy beast.

Or look at my earlier post with me Epiphone Les Paul Custom, which is pretty much exactly like yours. Black with gold is the way to go.

qball
Aug 1, 2002

You could go and have a bite, and you'd still be hearin' that one.

Hamer777 posted:

Running the risk of further derailing this thread, your guitar scheme reminds me of this...

Who is the only man I can think of who can pull off having gold hardware and still look cool.

Cynicide
Jun 13, 2002

Born from a wish

PenguinBob posted:

That's like the official color scheme of old-school pimps.

I'll try to get volume and tone knobs that are skulls with rubies in the eyes.

Engine Fortegue
Feb 1, 2004

strap me down they must sedate me

poke me prod me irritate me

Cynicide posted:

I'll try to get volume and tone knobs that are skulls with rubies in the eyes.

My brother-in-law got me a chrome skull tone knob for christmas a couple year ago, and I have to say it's :awesomelon:

He said he wanted to get me a complete set but they were 15 dollars each :sweatdrop:

And you have to post pictures when you're done, gold on purple sounds terribly awesome

Dr Rodney Mckay
Jun 26, 2005

Yes, if only we had a magical tool that could slow time down. I foolishly left mine on earth... Did you bring yours?

Dr Rodney Mckay fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Jul 4, 2009

dephconn
Oct 10, 2003
Are those guitars just very shiny, or are they lucite like the Dan Armstrong ones?

Dr Rodney Mckay
Jun 26, 2005

Yes, if only we had a magical tool that could slow time down. I foolishly left mine on earth... Did you bring yours?

Dr Rodney Mckay fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Jul 4, 2009

motormind
Nov 12, 2005

Come get some!

reethaxor posted:

:love::h::love::h::love::h::love:

Hey, you have the blue one. My MPC1000 is black. Make sure you get yourself the JJ OS as well:

http://www7a.biglobe.ne.jp/%7Empc1000

I got me version 4 and I'm never looking back ;)

And be sure you get the 128 Mb memory extension too. You can use ordinary laptop SODIMMs, but they have to be 256 Mb then.

Bees
Mar 26, 2007

I got gold hardware on my custom job. It's pretty. I hope my father's crackwhore girlfriend didn't steal it and sell it. I wouldn't know. I'm across the ocean making music on my computer.

The next piece of equipment I buy will be a micstand for my lovely mic. I'll process the hell out of the vocals anyway, but I'm sick of sticking it out of the desk drawer.

belikeron
Mar 11, 2007

John123 posted:

After much searching i have finally obtained a Joe Satriani 10th Anniversary Edition Ibanez Guitar, one sexy bitch of a guitar-

Man you would have to wear gloves with that thing to keep a million oily fingerprints off of it, awesome guitar though. I want one.

That metal dude
Mar 7, 2007

Cynicide posted:

I think the word your looking for is "pimpalicious" :colbert:

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

belikeron posted:

If I could have gotten that silver hardware on my epiphone explorer I would have easily gone for the black over the natural finish. Gold hardware on black guitars look like poo poo.

Walter
Jul 3, 2003

We think they're great. In a grand, mystical, neopolitical sense, these guys have a real message in their music. They don't, however, have neat names like me and Bono.
Another in the line of progress photos on my 5-string electric mandolin. She'll be done and shipped by Friday.

Hardware's gold, which normally I would be against, but which will go well with the color scheme.

(Fretboard's still covered from the clearcoat application - it's ebony, not some weird white wood.)

aspacemonkey
Sep 24, 2005
Curious no more.
No image yet, but just won an auction on ebay. $18 for a danelectro hash browns flanger. Hopefully it'll get here before the end of the week. I've already got a danelectro delay pedal, so I can deal with the knobs being shaky. Hopefully it won't suck up batteries as much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

internecine
Oct 13, 2006
Here is my latest and last guitar purchase. It is a Conklin custom 8-string guitar. It has a cherrywood body, cocobolo fretboard, maple and purpleheart neck. It has piezos, two lundgren m8 pickups, and it play phenomenally.