Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Radio Help
Mar 22, 2007

ChipChip? 
Edit: nm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't
I was wondering WTF was up with the MIDI skit, then I realized it was probably a jab at the RIAA. That is, everything that makes recorded music worthwhile has been made illegal, and the only music they can listen to is ancient public domain recordings.

Also, "douchebag".

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

erosion posted:

I was wondering WTF was up with the MIDI skit, then I realized it was probably a jab at the RIAA. That is, everything that makes recorded music worthwhile has been made illegal, and the only music they can listen to is ancient public domain recordings.

Also, "douchebag".

I didn't interpret it that way it all. It was just another one of their jokes about old technology.

Jibby Jam
Aug 21, 2006
damn...gotta think of something witty

erosion posted:

Yeah, that's kind of stretching it.

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

erosion posted:

Also, "douchebag".

Your avatar is very fitting.

Heliophobe
Jul 13, 2001
Jan-ken-bo

erosion posted:

Also, "douchebag".

I'm pretty sure it's about Linux and BitTorrent.

Baby Lion King IMAX
May 3, 2006

by Lowtax
I loved this episode. "Focus on your chi", "You're gonna give me your dad's e-mail address", and Richard Dunn going "You messed up! Gotcha!" were all classic moments. Also the recreation of the staircase incident was great, and Tim makes a startlingly realistic old man.

Is it just me or does anyone else remember E-Z Creme being on Carol's face when (s)he woke up?

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy
I just finished watching it, and I thought it was a solid episode all around. For some reason, the crackers and snacks bit made me laugh like crazy, and I loved both commercials. The MIDI one was probably my favorite part of the episode, but I really don't think there was any kind of RIAA/downloading music bent to it, it just seemed like it was making fun of old technology.

The Phantom Ghost
Feb 28, 2007

hold on what kind of fighting robot is he again
Hell yeah, Tom Kenny. Decent episode. This show's kind of like Mr. Show Lite...on acid.

root
Jun 17, 2000

Booska mask replica...
I must confess... In the past I :argh:ed at TGTTM but I am totally :holy: over T&EASGJ. And tonight they've got Neil Hamburger!? Radicola awesomeola.

I got to see Neil live once (he was performing with the Canadian karaoke super-duo Canned Ham) and the man made me laugh until my innards were achy.

COOLGUY TRUE
Jan 7, 2005

Too True! Cool, too.
I really really loved this episode.

The Polish Pirate
Apr 4, 2005

How many Polacks does it take to captain a pirate ship? One.
Richard Dunn should be in every episode. His sketch idea about a "perdicure" was hilarious, and this week was even funnier. He has a perfect comedic delivery.

I thought the episode was funny, but a bit weak compared to the rest mainly due to the fact that other episodes are constant laughs whereas I didn't find the Tim and Eric as old people funny at all. Oh well, the rest was awesome and I can't wait for the DVD set of this show, because I watch each episode about 5 times a week and I really want to watch some of the old sketches like Kid's Break.

Fyadimir Noobokov
Mar 27, 2005
Can someone get a screencap of crackers and snacks because that was terrifying.

Lump Sum
Mar 22, 2006

by Fistgrrl
I don't see why people think this is the weakest episode, Salame was definitely worse. This one seemed to have a lot more blatant parody of things than the show usually has though. I would still put it up as one of the best.

COOLGUY TRUE
Jan 7, 2005

Too True! Cool, too.

Atomo posted:

Can someone get a screencap of crackers and snacks because that was terrifying.

My friend didn't understand why i was laughing so hard during that part

He just has never seen the wonders of terrible CGI before, I guess.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Consumer Reporter posted:

hahahahah

we need this animated, stat

RiSK
Dec 9, 2006

The Red Rocket Rifle

Lump Sum posted:

I don't see why people think this is the weakest episode, Salame was definitely worse. This one seemed to have a lot more blatant parody of things than the show usually has though. I would still put it up as one of the best.

YMMV, obviously. I loved the Salame episode; David Liebe Hart had me in tears during that episode, as did Uncle Muscle.

Watched the latest episode again... and as per usual, I like it a bit more, but still think it's pretty weak compared to some of the previous ones.

The Polish Pirate posted:

Richard Dunn should be in every episode. His sketch idea about a "perdicure" was hilarious, and this week was even funnier. He has a perfect comedic delivery.

Oh god yes. "You broke your nail, and you don't know what to do... you need to get it fixed, get yourself a perdicure!" Yes, yes, yes. My friends and I rewound that part so many times.

e:Also;
"Who wrote the pizza boy sketch?"
"Guilty."
"That was good."
"Could be hilarious, could also be disgusting." ... his monotone, serious voice. So good.

That, and "The New You" sketch from last week. I believe that was Maria Bamford, and god was that funny.

"Oh your hands are so dry..."
"Shut up... just shut up Mom."
"Why don't you shut the gently caress up?"

:v: :v:

RiSK fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Apr 2, 2007

Jibby Jam
Aug 21, 2006
damn...gotta think of something witty

As creepy as that is it really doesn't do it justice, it needs to be animated to show the face sqashing and stretching spastically.

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

I love this show but I really didn't like the newest episode

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
I just really want Pierre to have his own show. I could watch him obsess over my dad until the end of time.

YancyDCjew
Feb 28, 2002

My name's Spagett, I do parties, and you just take my card, and if you need someone to spook ya-

Jamesman posted:

I just really want Pierre to have his own show. I could watch him obsess over my dad until the end of time.

Mmmm, it just feels so right, children!

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

hello internet posted:

I love this show but I really didn't like the newest episode

I would say it was my least favorite. I still laughed a lot, but I dunno, it was a little too structured for me I guess.

ataridc
Aug 30, 2005

I thought this episode was weak because it had a plot, and I felt that really slowed down the usual fast pace of the show. Without the fast pace, it kind of kills some of the unpredictability, and makes it feel like any other sketch show. I know other episodes have had themes, but this one had an actual plot and I just wasn't digging it. It could also be because it followed my favorite episode of the season.

Fyadimir Noobokov
Mar 27, 2005

Hahaha, thank you. Intentionally terrible CGI is awesome.

Edit: At the 1:30 mark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrTqwhKpP5o

Fyadimir Noobokov fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Apr 3, 2007

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

Oh God. He looks like he should be in a commercial texting JOKE to 4923884083.

Debbie Metallica
Jun 7, 2001

That was the best part of the episode!

It wasn't my favorite one but it was still OK.

cheap sunglasses
Mar 22, 2002

by Ozma

livingfruitvirus posted:

Oh God. He looks like he should be in a commercial texting JOKE to 4923884083.

Either that or selling you nasal spray, or yelling at you about some crazy sale on last year's models this Saturday at the local Ford dealership.

My favorite part was the parody of Whose Line Is It Anyway. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who thought that show was the antithesis of humor. Even the British version. It wasn't funny when I first saw it in the early 90s and it isn't funny now.

Square
Feb 27, 2005

by Fistgrrl
(watching clips on youtube) oh god, coffee pot. drat near pee'd myself.

Square fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Apr 3, 2007

The Worst
Feb 25, 2006

death from above
:ohdear:
I still have that "crackers and snacks" song, as well as the creature singing it, stuck in my head

Baby Lion King IMAX
May 3, 2006

by Lowtax

Uh Oh Spagettios posted:

I still have that "crackers and snacks" song, as well as the creature singing it, stuck in my head

Yes, seriously gently caress that song. It hasn't left my head since Friday night. It doesn't help that I share my fourth period with a fellow Awesome Show fan and if talking about it doesn't put Crackers and Snacks in my head, I get Meditation for Children in there.

And this happens every week with whatever ridiculously catchy song Tim and Eric came up with for that particular episode. :argh:

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
I think my favorite part of this episode was just the general sending up they do of that awful "retrospective" celebration of boring-rear end TV shows from the 1960s where they bring out all the has-been corpses for a look at the old shows.

Settle down, paisan! You'll get your spaghetti soon.

Rustie
Aug 25, 2003

Just a reminder to everybody that the complete series of Tom Goes to the Mayor is out on dvd today and it's got some great bonus material.

Also, new suicidegirls interview: http://suicidegirls.com/interviews/Tim%20and%20Eric/

Very interesting that John C. Reilly came up with the idea for Steve Brule himself.

:siren:And 30 more episodes!:siren:

Rustie fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Apr 3, 2007

YancyDCjew
Feb 28, 2002

My name's Spagett, I do parties, and you just take my card, and if you need someone to spook ya-

Rustie posted:

Just a reminder to everybody that the complete series of Tom Goes to the Mayor is out on dvd today and it's got some great bonus material.

Also, new suicidegirls interview: http://suicidegirls.com/interviews/Tim%20and%20Eric/

Very interesting that John C. Reilly came up with the idea for Steve Brule himself.

:siren:And 30 more episodes!:siren:

That interview posted:

DRE:
Did he have the superhuman strength I always read about with PCP?
Tim:
Yeah. Luckily, he wasn’t wearing his glasses though. I think he could have gotten a better hit on me if he was wearing his glasses. But it was a horrible event in my life. It was a good check-in to make sure you like being alive.
I concur with Tim, I'm glad he missed.

30 more episodes! That's great. They said some are going to be really insane, and some are going to feel like the first 10. I can't believe they made so few this time around, I really look forward to the new eps now. But that's okay, AS seems to trust them and they're going to be able to make a lot more.

YancyDCjew
Feb 28, 2002

TGttM DVD just arrived! :woop: I will post my impressions later, I think I'm going to have a marathon for myself right now.

Baby Lion King IMAX
May 3, 2006

by Lowtax

SuicideGirls Interview posted:

Eric Wareheim and Tim Heidecker shook up the world of Adult Swim with their divisive animated series Tom Goes to the Mayor. With the simple premise of a small town man, Tom [played by Heidecker], every week coming up with a new idea which he presents to the town’s mayor [played by Wareheim] who twists it into something awful.

Absolutely awesome interview, though. Tim was able to perfectly summarize why I love the show so much:
    Tim: We feel like our stuff generally doesn’t really ever get too absurd in the sense that it isn’t rooted in the world already. I think our stuff is the magnification of the absurdity that’s already occurring on the television. If you watch The Today Show or any game show or any commercial, you know that we’re just making fun of that stuff and making it stupid or funnier. The culture that’s on TV right now is so absurd and weird already so we’re just reflecting on it.
Also, Tim makes reference to it being like Monty Python. I'm glad to see that's not only a fan observation.

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.

al sharptons hair posted:

My favorite part was the parody of Whose Line Is It Anyway. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who thought that show was the antithesis of humor. Even the British version. It wasn't funny when I first saw it in the early 90s and it isn't funny now.
I didn't even get what it was parodying until now, that makes it all the more funny.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

livingfruitvirus posted:

I didn't interpret it that way it all. It was just another one of their jokes about old technology.

That's what I thought, too.
Years ago, I actually was an avid collector/listener of midi files, and had several thousand. And it really was impossible for me to keep track of them because they all had titles like "ir9403mar.mid" I thought that the midi sketch might have had something to do with that.

SUPER HASSLER
Jan 31, 2005

30 episodes! Holy cats! :rock:

I hope they have enough stuff to fill that time!

SUPER HASSLER fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Apr 4, 2007

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

did you skip to a chapter you deserve?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy

YancyDCjew posted:

30 more episodes!
This is seriously one of the best pieces of news in awhile.

Also, the Tom DVDs are awesome. Haven't checked out any of the special features yet, but I'm really enjoying just rewatching the series.