Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?

JfishPirate posted:

I saw this movie on DVD in somewhere around 1999-2002. It had a burly white man as the main character, and he was digging up his front yard for some reason. I think it ended in a church with demons or something. I'm not sure if it's the same film, but the guy found his wife incased in plastic at some point.

This kind of sounds like Stir Of Echos which stars Kevon Bacon who starts reciving messages from a ghost.
He's digging up his front yard trying to find her body. The body in plastic isn't his wife, it's the girl who was murdered in the house he now lives in The Church with demons doesn't come into play at all so it was maybe another movie, End Of Days possibly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zombieman
Aug 8, 2003

That's one happy fucking egg!

JfishPirate posted:

I saw this movie on DVD in somewhere around 1999-2002. It had a burly white man as the main character, and he was digging up his front yard for some reason. I think it ended in a church with demons or something. I'm not sure if it's the same film, but the guy found his wife incased in plastic at some point.

It sounds like it could be Fraility:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0264616/

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Elohssa Gib posted:

^^^ one of the Gamera movies?

No this one was made in America or at least Europe and was a quasi-horror movie.

JfishPirate
Jun 24, 2006
I have been grossly misinformed about witches.

Slasherfan posted:

This kind of sounds like Stir Of Echos which stars Kevon Bacon who starts reciving messages from a ghost.
He's digging up his front yard trying to find her body. The body in plastic isn't his wife, it's the girl who was murdered in the house he now lives in The Church with demons doesn't come into play at all so it was maybe another movie, End Of Days possibly?

Yeah, it's definitely Stir of Echoes. Unfortunately, the plot sounds kind of lame, so I probably won't rent it. Thanks anyway, though.

Born in Bexhill
Apr 9, 2007
Not sure if this has been posted, lurked about but didn't see it. I'm searching for the title of a film that I saw once or twice (on HBO or similar channel) when I was younger (late 80s). The story took place during World War II and the most prominent scene I can remember is when a bomb is dropped into a river and all the dead fish surface, causing a boy to become jubilant.

Other scenes I vaguely remember:
-A line of boys taking turns to look down a girl's skirt in a bombed out city as they shouted about a "password."
-Parents being separated from their children by Nazis.

I wish I could remember more, but all I have are bits and pieces. Does this sound familiar to anyone else? Or is this film more widely known than I assume and I sound like a complete idiot for asking?

Born in Bexhill fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Apr 13, 2007

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Born in Bexhill posted:

Not sure if this has been posted, lurked about but didn't see it. I'm searching for the title of a film that I saw once or twice (on HBO or similar channel) when I was younger (late 80s). The story took place during World War II and the most prominent scene I can remember is when a bomb is dropped into a river and all the dead fish surface, causing a boy to become jubilant.

Other scenes I vaguely remember:
-A line of boys taking turns to look down a girl's skirt in a bombed out city as they shouted about a "password."
-Parents being separated from their children by Nazis.

I wish I could remember more, but all I have are bits and pieces. Does this sound familiar to anyone else? Or is this film more widely known than I assume and I sound like a complete idiot for asking?
Hope and Glory.

(I don't think it has a scene of Nazis separating parents and children, but it does have scenes of children being sent out of the city to get away from the Blitz.)

Born in Bexhill
Apr 9, 2007
From the description, it looks as though it may be the one I was searching for. Many thanks.

Thejaff
Jun 14, 2002
Bines au lard

Uncle Wemus posted:

It's a movie about an evil sea turtle with glowing red eyes. Ring any bells?

The Bermuda Depths?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077223/

Groundskeeper Silly
Sep 1, 2005

My philosophy...
The first rule is:
You look good.
This is a British movie I rented that I cannot come up with the name of:

A man (mathematician or computer scientist or economist?) discovers a formula that perfectly predicts the stock market. A company uses this formula to get rich, but the man who discovered the formula sabotaged the data he gave the company because they were responsible for his father committing suicide some years back, and so the company loses all of their money.

Your Proud Pal
Sep 4, 2006

I remember a scene from a movie I saw on televisions a few years ago, but it seemed it could be as old as the 70s. There was a handful of naked men lined up for some reason, and a woman (either smokin' hot, or ugly as hell) was walking along, critiquing their junk. One line I remember in particular was (paraphrased) "What do you use for a jockstrap, kid, a peanut shell and a rubber band?". I know that I should remember this movie, as I'm fairly sure it's a well-known one, but I just don't.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

Audhumla posted:

I remember a scene from a movie I saw on televisions a few years ago, but it seemed it could be as old as the 70s. There was a handful of naked men lined up for some reason, and a woman (either smokin' hot, or ugly as hell) was walking along, critiquing their junk. One line I remember in particular was (paraphrased) "What do you use for a jockstrap, kid, a peanut shell and a rubber band?". I know that I should remember this movie, as I'm fairly sure it's a well-known one, but I just don't.

Porkys.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0084522/

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.
Is Porky's also the movie where some guys drill a peephole in the wall to spy on girls, until someone puts superglue around the hole? I remember it being in a train car which is probably wrong. I know there's a hole in the shower room in Porky's, did that one get glued?

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

Pweller posted:

Is Porky's also the movie where some guys drill a peephole in the wall to spy on girls, until someone puts superglue around the hole? I remember it being in a train car which is probably wrong. I know there's a hole in the shower room in Porky's, did that one get glued?

I don't remember superglue on the hole. Just that an ugly teacher catches the guy's putting their pecker through the hole and grabs it.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I'm trying to remember the name of an American 70s era muscle car chase movie. A friends younger brother had this on VHS in the early 90s, and he claimed it was the longest car chase on film. The chase itself was at least 45-60 minutes long, but we came in after the movie had started so I don't know for sure how long it was. I also can't remember the type or color of car, but I'm fairly sure that at some point there was a female passenger. I also think that at some point they drove through a car wash during the chase, but I might be wrong about that. I know the car was being chased by police.

I know for certain it isn't Death Race 2000 or French Connection. I'm fairly certain that it wasn't Vanishing Point, but there were enough similarities that watching it recently triggered my memory of this mystery film.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Well after doing a bit more digging, I think the movie was Dirty Mary Crazy Larry. Now I just need to track down a copy.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Goldmund posted:

I'm trying to remember the name of an American 70s era muscle car chase movie. A friends younger brother had this on VHS in the early 90s, and he claimed it was the longest car chase on film. The chase itself was at least 45-60 minutes long, but we came in after the movie had started so I don't know for sure how long it was. I also can't remember the type or color of car, but I'm fairly sure that at some point there was a female passenger. I also think that at some point they drove through a car wash during the chase, but I might be wrong about that. I know the car was being chased by police.

I know for certain it isn't Death Race 2000 or French Connection. I'm fairly certain that it wasn't Vanishing Point, but there were enough similarities that watching it recently triggered my memory of this mystery film.

Well, it has no passengers, but it certainly is the movie with the longest chase sequence (40+ minutes) and a carwash comes into play.
Gone in 60 Seconds (1974) - referred to in Grindhouse.
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0071571/

You can watch a bit of it here http://youtube.com/watch?v=WXBiSis1Oh8

Clayton Bigsby
Apr 17, 2005

I'll throw out the one nobody's ever been able to answer.. (and thanks for previous answers; managed to find some old flicks I sorta-remembered)

The only piece I really remember from this, and I'm thinking I saw it on TV during the early 80s, was a group of people in an elevator that started descending further and further and they ended up in hell. I can't remember much else about it, but that particular piece stuck with me. Anybody?

cptInsane0
Apr 11, 2007

...and a clown with no head

Thejaff posted:

Reposting from old thread since no one guessed it. Maybe more luck this time around.

Watched This: Mid 80's.
Genre: Action, probably
Remember:
I remember the basic plot, but details are fuzzy. It's basically some girl who gets murdered or raped by 3 guys/campers and her dad/boyfriend/whoever goes out to get revenge.
The movie is mostly about him hunting them in the woods. I think the first camper who gets killed was a fat guy alone in the camp by the side of a river and gets chased a bit in the water before being drowned/or his head smashed by a rock, I'm not too sure. I dont rememeber anything about the rest apart from a lot of running through woods. At the end, after he killed them all three, he comes back home to find the cops there that tells him they arrested the 3 guys that raped/murdered the girl.

If anyone hasn't responded to this one yet, its the last house on the left by wes craven I believe. Possible clive barker, but I think Wes Craven. They are apparently remaking it soon, as is the trend.

cptInsane0
Apr 11, 2007

LOOK I AM A TURTLE posted:

I'm not sure why I even want to find out what this movie is, but here goes:

It's a typical "comical switcheroo" type movie, where two boys -- one black underachiever and one white overachiever -- for a no doubt idiotically contrived reason (can't remember how, exactly) end up having their school applications mistaken for each other, or something like that. Thusly, the nerdy white guy has to go to a predominantly black, inner-city school and the cool black guy is sent to a prestigious private school. Presumably, comedy ensues. Needless to say, the lives of the black kid and the white kid end up intersecting in some way, and at the end the white guy has gotten a lot less nerdy and more cool, while the black guy has gotten less anti-intellectual and has learned to appreciate the value of hard work and blah blah blah. I'm sure you could've figured out exactly how the movie would play out just by hearing the premise. One particular sequence, in which the white boy inquires into the grammatical nuances of African-American Vernacular, specifically the phrase "I be flyin'," stands out in my mind. Also, near the end there's some sort of car chase. Any takers?
You may be thinking of the kid and play movie, Class Act http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103978/

cptInsane0
Apr 11, 2007

invalid user posted:

This one definitely exists.

It was one of those typical 80s-early 90s films where the new kid's in town and has to deal with the gang of douchebags who are skiers/parachuters/dancers/calligraphers/professional masturbators all in order to impress the girl of his dreams who is also being constantly pursued by the lead douche.

Anyways, this one was about roller blading. The final scene was a huge competition of super dangerous downhill racing through suburbia. People were hit by cars. There were guys who were known only by the bizarre way in which they skated. One guy for instance would only skate with his arms behind his back and barely leaning forward. Another would form a circle with his arms in front of his chest allowing the air to zoom through his chest and arms... that part made no sense to me, I always thought he'd have more drag that way... anyways the good guys win it.

What the hell is this movie?

Airborne I think. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106233/

ClydeUmney
May 13, 2004

One can hardly ignore the Taoist implications of "Fuck it, Dude. Let's go bowling."

cptInsane0 posted:

You may be thinking of the kid and play movie, Class Act http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103978/

Thank goodness you answered a movie from December that got answered a few posts later. With your exact answer, I might add.

cptInsane0
Apr 11, 2007

Haha yeah, I see all of my answers were already done. I guess I jumped the gun a little.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
I know this is from one of the Nerds movies, but I was wondering about the one where Ogre gets kicked out of the jock crew and eventually adopted by the nerds. What was it that Ogre said that got him kicked out (I believe it was a beach scene, the jocks toss him into the ocean)

Also back in the late 80s/early 90s I saw a movie or tv show where a black ninja (literally a black dude dressed like a ninja) comes into a room and throws ninja stars at guys. I think it was just a regular house, might've had an aquarium. The ninja after kicking rear end takes his mask off

cptInsane0
Apr 11, 2007

Alan Smithee posted:

I know this is from one of the Nerds movies, but I was wondering about the one where Ogre gets kicked out of the jock crew and eventually adopted by the nerds. What was it that Ogre said that got him kicked out (I believe it was a beach scene, the jocks toss him into the ocean)

Also back in the late 80s/early 90s I saw a movie or tv show where a black ninja (literally a black dude dressed like a ninja) comes into a room and throws ninja stars at guys. I think it was just a regular house, might've had an aquarium. The ninja after kicking rear end takes his mask off

Im not sure about the nerds one, but as far as the bottom, it's one of the best cheesy kung fu movies ever,"Berry Gordy's The Last Dragon." WHO'S THE MASTER?!! SHO 'NUFF!

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Thejaff posted:

The Bermuda Depths?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077223/

I think thats it.

The Iron Giant
Dec 27, 2003

DOMO ORIGATO
MISTER ROBOTO
I had a dream last night that my subconscious tells me was a real film. It was very vivid, with many characters, shot in black and white, and based on the dialogue, clothing, and soundtrack, my mind tells me that it was shot in the 1950s. The genre is psych-thriller/science fiction. No killing or blood involvedm just weird poo poo involving real people.

It could very well be an episode of the Twilight Zone for all I know.

My mind is fuzzy on the details, and a few things may not be fabrications of my imagination, or the whole thing could be completely bogus. But I'd like to know if this is anything like a real film.

The Plot:

quote:

The main character, we'll call him "Danny," wakes up with another man at his bedside. The other man delivers an eerie message about passing something on, but Danny has no idea what he's talking about. Danny goes about his day and bumps into a friend; upon seeing Danny, this friend gets completely freaked out and runs away. Danny is confused. He keeps walking. He sees someone else who also gets freaked out by his appearance.

Eventually this happens enough that Danny decides to have a look in the mirror. Up to this point in the film, the viewer has always see Danny as his own self, but if Danny looks into a mirror, we (and he) see him as another person. It is always the last person with whom he has come in contact. Danny also sees himself in the mirror with the other person's physical appearance. He is obviously disturbed.

My mind is not clear on the resolution of the story. This is all I can remember from the dream.

JoeNotCharles
Mar 3, 2005

Yet beyond each tree there are only more trees.

The Iron Giant posted:

My mind is not clear on the resolution of the story. This is all I can remember from the dream.

I remember reading this story in an anthology. I believe it's by Ray Bradbury, which means it was probably adapted for TV or a movie at some point.

EDIT: I'm wrong, the story I was thinking of was called "Private - Keep Out!", it's by Philip MacDonald, and it's only vaguely similar to what you described.

JoeNotCharles fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Apr 15, 2007

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?

cptInsane0 posted:

If anyone hasn't responded to this one yet, its the last house on the left by wes craven I believe. Possible clive barker, but I think Wes Craven. They are apparently remaking it soon, as is the trend.

It's not Last House On The Left, probably a Last House rip off though.

I hear the movie title is actully Macon County Line.

Slasherfan fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Apr 15, 2007

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

cptInsane0 posted:

Im not sure about the nerds one, but as far as the bottom, it's one of the best cheesy kung fu movies ever,"Berry Gordy's The Last Dragon." WHO'S THE MASTER?!! SHO 'NUFF!

Are you positive? I remember there being a fully costumed ninja but from the youtube trailer it looks more like barechested kung fu

Brosa Parks
Jan 28, 2005

Freedom is never voluntarily given by the oppressor; it must be demanded by the oppressed.

Alan Smithee posted:

Are you positive? I remember there being a fully costumed ninja but from the youtube trailer it looks more like barechested kung fu

Yes, the scene you described is when Leroy busts into Eddie Arcadian's house.

Krug Stillo
Aug 18, 2006
I've been trying to remember the name of a movie I saw a few years back...

It was a horror movie, involving a family that had 2 daughters. The mother was murdered in their house, and it was eventually discovered the daughter killed her with a stone mask. The girl then tries to take her mothers place, sleeping with her father falling in love with him or something. I remember the girl is murdered later on by the younger sister with the same mask.

PonchtheJedi
Feb 20, 2004

Still got some work to do...

Alan Smithee posted:

It was Revenge of the Nerds II : Nerds in Paradise. After they toss the nerds, Ogre is talking about how he's going to tell everybody how they tricked the nerds. The other jocks tell him he can't tell, he argues a little bit, so they kick him off.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003

Krug Stillo posted:

I've been trying to remember the name of a movie I saw a few years back...

It was a horror movie, involving a family that had 2 daughters. The mother was murdered in their house, and it was eventually discovered the daughter killed her with a stone mask. The girl then tries to take her mothers place, sleeping with her father falling in love with him or something. I remember the girl is murdered later on by the younger sister with the same mask.

Kind of sounds like Wicked starring a pre fame Julia Styles. I think the mask in question was one of those Drama masks.

Big Steveo
Apr 5, 2007

by astral
This is a very vague description of what I remember but it was a movie which tied into Chess. The story was that there were a group of murders which was masterminded by a man who left clues Chess style. It's been bugging me for weeks. Anyone lead me onto the right track?

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003

Big Steveo posted:

This is a very vague description of what I remember but it was a movie which tied into Chess. The story was that there were a group of murders which was masterminded by a man who left clues Chess style. It's been bugging me for weeks. Anyone lead me onto the right track?

While I've never seen it, I think Knight Moves has something to do with Murder and chess.

Crocuta
Nov 6, 2004
wakkawa
What movie is this from?

The screens are from The Untitled Star Wars Mockumentary by Damon Packard (actually available in full through the internet archive here: http://www.archive.org/details/The_Untitled_Star_Wars_Mockumentary/) so it's some sci-fi B-movie but I don't recognize the actress.

Big Steveo posted:

You're not thinking of the Twin Peaks TV-series? It had a plotline where a murderer set up a correspondence chess game with the FBI agent and killed someone whenever a piece was captured.

Crocuta fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Apr 16, 2007

Thejaff
Jun 14, 2002
Bines au lard

Slasherfan posted:

It's not Last House On The Left, probably a Last House rip off though.

I hear the movie title is actully Macon County Line.

It's not Last House on the Left for sure.

The movie I'm looking for isn't Macon County Line either though it's probably a rip off. The story is similar.

Scrot Eel
Jan 22, 2002

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!

Crocuta posted:

What movie is this from?

"Galaxina" starring then-soon-to-be-tortured-to-death, Dorothy Stratten. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080771/

TURTLE SLUT
Dec 12, 2005

I saw a movie from Finnish television some years ago that I haven't since been able to identify. Right at the beginning, the main character, a girl, somehow causes the death of her mother when a huge container of boiling water falls on her. The girl's father blames her on it and it's all very tragic. They all live in this weird, barren mountainous-looking area, and I never really got a clear picture where in the world they are.

The girl get's a little messed up in the head because of killing her mother and all, and is then married to some fat, hairy dude. The rest of the movie is just a confusing mish-mash of sex and the girl riding horses, and at some point they were in a cabin in the mountains having sex. I'm not really sure, but it would make a lot of sense if the girl had sex with horses at some point.

Also, the main character looks like Liv Tyler in my memories, but is not her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.
Ok, here is a movie I haven't thought about in a very long time. When I was really little, my bedroom used to be across the hall from my parents room and their television, and I would strategically crack open each of our doors so that I could lie in bed and watch 1/10th of the screen instead of sleeping. I think this may have led to me watching stuff I shouldn't have been at that age, like the following.

I'm not sure if this was a real movie, or if it came from some fever-induced coma when I was really sick sometime, but I vividly remember a movie where a group of people are way out away from civilization, and are captured by cannibals. I remember a particular scene, it's nighttime, and there are fires burning and the light is red glowing and shadowy all over the place while these captives are tied to wooden stakes. One was a woman, and the captors cut one of her tits off.

Then there is a shot of a huge sunrise (probably not right after that).

I dunno what the gently caress. I did have nightmares about cannibals for some time at one point. It's possible that this came out of my crazy imagination and reading 10,000 Leagues Under the Sea which I think may have had an island of cannibals, or from simply poring over the forbidden vhs cases at the video store while my parents made the rounds. A woman may not have had her tit cut off, but the idea I had in my mind at the time was that these people were going to have their flesh eaten.

The movie would not have been Cannibal Holocaust or anything you wouldn't be able to rent at a video store in the late eighties.