Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

anticake
Nov 5, 2004

Biscuit Hider
So I was thinking this afternoon and a movie popped into my head. I think I saw it on the Disney channel years ago, but I doubt it was actually a Disney production.

There were these two guys and I think one of them was voiced by the guy who voiced Garfield in the various Garfield specials and shows. Another character was a super hero in training or something. The bad guy worked at something called the Murkworks I think. I don't know what he was planning or anything, just where he worked or lived or something. I remember it was funny, or at least I thought it was funny at the time.

edit: Okay, I've gotten IMDB to spit out Twice Upon a Time following the Garfield guy (Lorenzo Music apparently), but I can't make it tell me if the Murkworks is involved or any other real pertinent information. I'm kind of bad at this :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombajio
Jan 23, 2006

Hasta la vista, meatbag!
I know the movie is pretty old and if I remember correctly it's directed by a very famous director and moviemaker by now. Who, I don't remember.
It was about a guy who was trying to get home from work, I guess, but there was a huge truck who kept trying to kill him. By that I mean he tried to push the guy (in his car) onto the train-tracks, he tried to shove him down a cliff and so on.

I remember a scene where the man was in a bar and was looking for the truck-driver, but was unable to identify him.

The movie ended with the guy placing his briefcase onto the accelerator of his car and he let the car drive down a cliff. The truck followed, I think. Down the cliff.

If anyone can help me I'd be very grateful!

Edit: Ape Agitator got it. It's "Duel". Thank you!

Bombajio fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Apr 17, 2007

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Bombajio posted:

I know the movie is pretty old and if I remember correctly it's directed by a very famous director and moviemaker by now. Who, I don't remember.
It was about a guy who was trying to get home from work, I guess, but there was a huge truck who kept trying to kill him. By that I mean he tried to push the guy (in his car) onto the train-tracks, he tried to shove him down a cliff and so on.

Steven Spielberg's Duel
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0067023/

Thejaff
Jun 14, 2002
Bines au lard

Pweller posted:

I'm not sure if this was a real movie, or if it came from some fever-induced coma when I was really sick sometime, but I vividly remember a movie where a group of people are way out away from civilization, and are captured by cannibals. I remember a particular scene, it's nighttime, and there are fires burning and the light is red glowing and shadowy all over the place while these captives are tied to wooden stakes. One was a woman, and the captors cut one of her tits off.

Then there is a shot of a huge sunrise (probably not right after that).

I dunno what the gently caress. I did have nightmares about cannibals for some time at one point. It's possible that this came out of my crazy imagination and reading 10,000 Leagues Under the Sea which I think may have had an island of cannibals, or from simply poring over the forbidden vhs cases at the video store while my parents made the rounds. A woman may not have had her tit cut off, but the idea I had in my mind at the time was that these people were going to have their flesh eaten.

The movie would not have been Cannibal Holocaust or anything you wouldn't be able to rent at a video store in the late eighties.

Are you sure it couldnt have been one of the Cannibal movies? I was able to rent both Cannibal Holocaust and Cannibal Ferox in the 80's here in Quebec. I dont remember much about either but there was a scene in Ferox with a girls being hung by hooks through her tits.

Also, maybe its:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075984/maindetails

It does feature a girl getting her tits cut off by cannibals.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Pweller posted:

The movie would not have been Cannibal Holocaust or anything you wouldn't be able to rent at a video store in the late eighties.
If you lived anywhere except the UK, you would have been able to rent Cannibal Holocaust in the 80s.

Are you absolutely positive you're not thinking about Cannibal Holocaust? Do a google image search for "cannibal holocaust" (with safe search off of course) and you'll definitely see the image of a person impaled on a wooden stake. Is that what you're thinking about? Also, I do believe that Cannibal Holocaust does have a sunrise scene in it (at least in one of the 50 cuts of it that float around).

Mossfiend
Aug 25, 2004
Here Kitty kitty.
All I can remember of the movie is the song "That's Amore" a geeky highschool guy trying to get the girl, a frog prince singing out the song over the PA system and calling a frog plague on the school when it looked like the kid was getting into some trouble.

I tried google for Frog prince, highschool, that's amore, tried IMDB for Frog, Frogged, Frog prince, and finding nothing.

Any help? If it made it to DVD I'd like to find a copy.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Mossfiend posted:

All I can remember of the movie is the song "That's Amore" a geeky highschool guy trying to get the girl, a frog prince singing out the song over the PA system and calling a frog plague on the school when it looked like the kid was getting into some trouble.

I tried google for Frog prince, highschool, that's amore, tried IMDB for Frog, Frogged, Frog prince, and finding nothing.
It is actually just called Frog.

dja98
Aug 2, 2003
In the summertime, when the weather is high, you can stretch right up and touch the sky
I'm looking for a film that I'm certain was a Bond film. However, I've spent the last few weeks watching them all and it wasn't.

I remember watching it on TV one Christmas when I was younger (10 years ago maybe).

The hero ends up in an alley with a henchwoman, forced to sign something. The woman ends up with the pen which ultimately explodes, leaving behind nothing but a shoe. I seem to remember motorcycles being involved in the scene too but this could be my imagination.

Not a lot to go on I know but I'd love it if anyone has any ideas.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

dja98 posted:

I'm looking for a film that I'm certain was a Bond film. However, I've spent the last few weeks watching them all and it wasn't.

I remember watching it on TV one Christmas when I was younger (10 years ago maybe).

The hero ends up in an alley with a henchwoman, forced to sign something. The woman ends up with the pen which ultimately explodes, leaving behind nothing but a shoe. I seem to remember motorcycles being involved in the scene too but this could be my imagination.

Tomorrow Never Dies

edit: I think

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

dja98 posted:

Never Say Never Again:

Fatima: Now write this: "The greatest rapture of my life was afforded me on a boat in Nassau by Fatima Blush," and sign it "James Bond, 007."
James Bond: I just remembered. It's against Service policy to give endorsements.
Fatima: WRITE!

Then he shoots her with the pen, which is a miniature rocket or something.

Action Jacktion fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Apr 18, 2007

dja98
Aug 2, 2003
In the summertime, when the weather is high, you can stretch right up and touch the sky

Action Jacktion posted:

Never Say Never Again:

Fatima: Now write this: "The greatest rapture of my life was afforded me on a boat in Nassau by Fatima Blush," and sign it "James Bond, 007."
James Bond: I just remembered. It's against Service policy to give endorsements.
Fatima: WRITE!

Then he shoots her with the pen, which is a miniature rocket or something.

Perfect! - and missing from my collection - thanks.

Mossfiend
Aug 25, 2004
Here Kitty kitty.

Action Jacktion posted:

It is actually just called Frog.

well not the first time I've felt like an idiot. I skimmed right past that thinking it wasn't just some thing for television.

Glad you could help me out. Thanks.

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

Thejaff posted:

Are you sure it couldnt have been one of the Cannibal movies? I was able to rent both Cannibal Holocaust and Cannibal Ferox in the 80's here in Quebec. I dont remember much about either but there was a scene in Ferox with a girls being hung by hooks through her tits.

Also, maybe its:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075984/maindetails

It does feature a girl getting her tits cut off by cannibals.

InfiniteZero posted:

If you lived anywhere except the UK, you would have been able to rent Cannibal Holocaust in the 80s.

Are you absolutely positive you're not thinking about Cannibal Holocaust? Do a google image search for "cannibal holocaust" (with safe search off of course) and you'll definitely see the image of a person impaled on a wooden stake. Is that what you're thinking about? Also, I do believe that Cannibal Holocaust does have a sunrise scene in it (at least in one of the 50 cuts of it that float around).

I've seen Cannibal Holocaust, and I'm sure it isn't it. The key to the scene was that is was at night (Holocaust is daytime for everything), and I think there were 2 guys and a woman (maybe a few more guys) all tied to stakes (not impaled), and it was pitch dark with red glowing fires lighting the scene.

I'm beginning to think there was no cutting of boobage since I would have either somehow watched this on tv late at night while unsupervised (unlikely), or my parents would have been watching it (probably not gory).

This movie would have been more thriller than gory. Emanuelle sounds too gratuitous.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
I know the movie, it's called I Come in Peace starring Dolph Lundgren, but I never watched the whole thing. Can someone explain why an alien would come in peace while sticking a USB port between a woman's boobs?

Or is it a play on words like "To Serve Man"

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
The whole deal was that he was collecting human endorphins, which were a drug for aliens. He'd shoot the victims up with a high dose of cocaine (the tube in the chest) and then ram a spike through their head to collect the endorphins.

As for the title, it's just ironic. He'd say it to people just as he was using them as drug factories.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Ape Agitator posted:

The whole deal was that he was collecting human endorphins, which were a drug for aliens. He'd shoot the victims up with a high dose of cocaine (the tube in the chest) and then ram a spike through their head to collect the endorphins.

As for the title, it's just ironic. He'd say it to people just as he was using them as drug factories.

loving lame. It might as well have been called "I Have Not Come To Harvest Your Endorphins, Killing you in the Process"

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?

Alan Smithee posted:

loving lame. It might as well have been called "I Have Not Come To Harvest Your Endorphins, Killing you in the Process"

It's called Dark Angel here in the UK.

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

Alan Smithee posted:

"I Come in Peace" is almost like a stereotypical alien phrase. I'm actually kind of surprised you don't seem to have heard it before.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Alan Smithee posted:

But then you wouldn't have the last line in the trailer. :)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=I8F92p1ept0

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Pweller posted:

"I Come in Peace" is almost like a stereotypical alien phrase. I'm actually kind of surprised you don't seem to have heard it before.

Oh I've heard it, but it makes as much sense as

"Take me to your leader! (kill)"

"Live long and prosper! (kill)"

though I suppose neither of those two can be table-turned one liner wise

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.
I think it conveys a lot. An alien is coming, and he says he is peaceful- except that since it stars Dolph Lundgren (and whatever the poster/trailer looks like) you can be sure it will be shitkicking actionpacked and not at all peaceful. So now you know there's something mysterious afoot with the title being all misleading and all, and by extension the alien who is coming and saying as much. What else does he have to hide... yada yada, what other mysteries does this story hold...
Now I want to see this interesting movie, based on three words and my preconceptions of them and the situation.

spoogedemon
Jun 13, 2005
Served up hot and spicy in your own cucina
Does anybody remember a movie that takes place on an island I think right after the end of WW2. There is a Japanese and an American soldier on the island I don't think they know the war has ended. They fight it out over the course of the movie. I think the American has some sort of M3 grease gun with two barrels.

I forgot who won. Probably neither of them.

vertov
Jun 14, 2003

hello

spoogedemon posted:

Does anybody remember a movie that takes place on an island I think right after the end of WW2. There is a Japanese and an American soldier on the island I don't think they know the war has ended. They fight it out over the course of the movie. I think the American has some sort of M3 grease gun with two barrels.

I forgot who won. Probably neither of them.

Probably Hell in the Pacific

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0063056/

TheVaultDweller
Sep 27, 2005

Looking for a movie that came out this year...I saw a trailer for it before Children of Men. It featured a man and a woman that apparently had just gotten married or moved in together. The trailer reminded me of a Kubrick trailer with solid colored title cards. There was some great music in the trailer that sounded like the shins, but better. Also, the woman had red hair. Help me goons!

spoogedemon
Jun 13, 2005
Served up hot and spicy in your own cucina

vertov posted:

Probably Hell in the Pacific

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0063056/

Wow! Lee Marvin and Toshirô Mifune - I'll need to track that movie down! Thanks

Lawncare
Nov 29, 2004
There's a movie sometimes mentioned in PYR for a gif of one of the characters yelling "EVERYONE!". What movie is this?

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Lawncare posted:

There's a movie sometimes mentioned in PYR for a gif of one of the characters yelling "EVERYONE!". What movie is this?

Never seen the gif, but I know for a fact that this is Leon: The Professional.
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0110413/

Edit: http://youtube.com/watch?v=i0xumu3nA0g
Edit2: Make sure you see this movie. Great, great movie.

Ape Agitator fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Apr 21, 2007

Lawncare
Nov 29, 2004

Ape Agitator posted:

Never seen the gif, but I know for a fact that this is Leon: The Professional.
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0110413/

Ah, thank you. I was actually very close to renting this today because of a recommendation.

Brosa Parks
Jan 28, 2005

Freedom is never voluntarily given by the oppressor; it must be demanded by the oppressed.

Lawncare posted:

Ah, thank you. I was actually very close to renting this today because of a recommendation.

Rent Leon if you can, rather than the US released The Professional. The European cut is way, way better.

Gregory Harbin
Dec 23, 2006
middle name tba
My ex-girlfriend just called, and she and her roommate are trying to find a movie that her roommate saw a long time ago.

The movie itself was from the 60s or 70s. Here's what I was told:

Two young women go to france, because they grew up there, raised by their great-aunts. They come to find out that their great-aunts were strippers, and now everyone expects them to become strippers too.

There's something about a scene in which they dress in flesh-colored costumes, and trick people into thinking they stripped naked, and then everyone gets mad at them.

And there were romantic plotlines for the two women.

They don't know any of the actors involved.

I know this isn't a lot to go on, but hopefully somebody's seen this film and remembers it. Thanks in advance!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

I dont even know why I want to know the name but I saw bits of a really bad movie on premium cable. It had Shannon Doherty as this chick who thinks she's being stalked, and Colm Fiore as an FBI agent or something helping her. It turns out her best friend set her up to hire a fake bodyguard and the fake stalker fake kills the fake bodyguard and the FBI then fake sets up a payoff and Colm Fiore fake dies but turns out his partner faked them out and she really actually killed him with a pistol. Instead of fake blood its real! Fake FBI partner then Fakes faking and actually wants money to herself so starts killing other conspiracy members

Fake

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Alan Smithee posted:

I dont even know why I want to know the name but I saw bits of a really bad movie on premium cable. It had Shannon Doherty as this chick who thinks she's being stalked, and Colm Fiore as an FBI agent or something helping her. It turns out her best friend set her up to hire a fake bodyguard and the fake stalker fake kills the fake bodyguard and the FBI then fake sets up a payoff and Colm Fiore fake dies but turns out his partner faked them out and she really actually killed him with a pistol. Instead of fake blood its real! Fake FBI partner then Fakes faking and actually wants money to herself so starts killing other conspiracy members

Fake

For gently caress's sake, you know TWO of the actors and you still need help? iMDB has a rather robust search feature, you know?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0192638/

gingersmurf
Feb 21, 2007

I am Nigeria's bitch.
Oh for the love of the gentle caress!! I can't seem to put this in the right place. Here is the movie I am trying to find: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2442594

I appreciate any help at all!!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

FitFortDanga posted:

For gently caress's sake, you know TWO of the actors and you still need help? iMDB has a rather robust search feature, you know?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0192638/
badass, I actually did not know

gingersmurf
Feb 21, 2007

I am Nigeria's bitch.
UPDATE! I found the title of the movie (and my bad, it WAS made for TV). Now for the big question - I NEED A COPY! Any leads? I already checked amazon and half.com, no luck.

Here is the movie:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0067235/plotsummary

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

gingersmurf posted:

UPDATE! I found the title of the movie (and my bad, it WAS made for TV). Now for the big question - I NEED A COPY! Any leads? I already checked amazon and half.com, no luck.

Here is the movie:

"This movie is now available, along with 8 other titles, in a 3-disc set called "Women With Courage" released in 2005." -stephenray

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

gingersmurf posted:

Here is the movie:
Ebay has a couple listings
http://dvd.search.ebay.com/if-tomorrow-comes_DVDs-Movies_W0QQcatrefZC12QQfromZR40QQsacatZ11232

Spensive as gently caress though

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-IF-TOMORROW-COMES-vhs-1971-PATTY-DUKE-ANNE-BAXTER_W0QQitemZ220040255600QQcmdZViewItem

cdunivserse apparently has a compilation
http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=6988936

It looks suspiciously cheap though so make sure it's the full monty.

HeavensMandate
Nov 14, 2005

It's Yummy and Delicious With Big Breast!
Okay guys, I hope you can help me out with this one.

My friend tells me it's about a boy who fell in a sewer after being pressured by his friends to cross a pipe. He wakes up in another where he is the only one that can read a magic book..etc. I also asked another friend, and he remembered there were kangaroo looking things in the movie, but he doesn't remember it either. My first friend said she saw it around 98 or 99 on TV, so I assume this movie is pretty old since it was already on TV at that time.

Thanks!

PonchtheJedi
Feb 20, 2004

Still got some work to do...

Ir0nExpress posted:

Okay guys, I hope you can help me out with this one.

My friend tells me it's about a boy who fell in a sewer after being pressured by his friends to cross a pipe. He wakes up in another where he is the only one that can read a magic book..etc. I also asked another friend, and he remembered there were kangaroo looking things in the movie, but he doesn't remember it either. My first friend said she saw it around 98 or 99 on TV, so I assume this movie is pretty old since it was already on TV at that time.

Thanks!

It's Warriors of Virtue, I believe.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120479/

I think somebody else asked about it, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

I suck... sorry so much for the stupid thread necromancy.

hallo spacedog fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Apr 23, 2007