Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?

cultureulterior posted:

Booty talisman time, I think.

Which strip is that in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shelper
Nov 10, 2005

Something's still wrong with this code
That would be 320.

The Werle
Aug 8, 2005

Fireworks for Christmas is absolutely American

Brannock posted:

The only people I can think of that's still in the castle is the old guy that refused to fight. I think some people were speculating whether or not he was Haley's father.

I think the majority of the Sapphire Guard Paladins are actually inside the tower, the guys outside are just grunt soldiers and clerics for the most part. The elite forces are guarding the tower 300 style.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

The server's getting dominated, can someone host the latest strip for me?

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I really don't see how that speech to Roy is lame, I think it's one of the best in the strip so far, and it re-affirmed my love for Xykon as the best character in the strip. Plus that ending is all kinds of awesome.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

greatn posted:

Also the lich referred to himself as a son of a lich. So I thought "He must be weaker than a normal lich" even though that makes no sense. No, he was an Arch-Lich, crowned prince of the undead kingdom we were currently in. Total party wipe in two rounds. Except for one guy who managed to teleport out.

What happened to the guy that teleported to safety? I don't mean to derail the thread, but I have a facination with survivors.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Awhile back I was talking about lichs using my knowledge of Warcraft, but I was laughed out of the thread. So then I boned (hah) up so here goes.

Isn't an Archlich usually just a skull or arm or something? 'Cause they've been around so loving long and become so disconnected with the material world that's all they need? Not that it matters, I'm just curious. (Not about how one could be the son of a lich though, eww.)

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer
That's a demilich, but I think that's what greatn means, yeah. Since as far as I know an archlich is a rare variant, a good lich.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Jesus, that Meteor Swarm must've HURT.

I mean, compare it to how Magic Missile was drawn some 330 strips ago.
Great advancement in the artwork.

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.

greatn posted:

What I mean to say is I think Elan's dad the evil warlord is the one who rules the country which has Haley's dad hostage.

Which is to say, Nale's dad is the evil warlord holding Haley's dad hostage, which is going to make for some really interesting moments later on. Nothing strains a burgeoning relationshing like discovering that your prospective father-in-law is the guy who's been holding your dad hostage for 200,000 gold all this time.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Heresiarch posted:

Which is to say, Nale's dad is the evil warlord holding Haley's dad hostage, which is going to make for some really interesting moments later on. Nothing strains a burgeoning relationshing like discovering that your prospective father-in-law is the guy who's been holding your dad hostage for 200,000 gold all this time.

The only thing worse is getting cockblocked by your evil dad who you've never met but has apparently ruined your girlfriend's life.

Kahrytes
Jun 4, 2004

Now I need a drink. Not this one. Another one. And in a different place.

Brannock posted:

Everyone's else tied up except for V who is low on spells and beat up. He'll probably be able to save Roy, but Xykon has a big head start.

What's Durkon up to?

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I always liked Xykon, but man, this new strip really reaffirms my love. He's just such an rear end in a top hat.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Wolfsheim posted:

I always liked Xykon, but man, this new strip really reaffirms my love. He's just such an rear end in a top hat.

But an awesome rear end in a top hat.

LuchadoresDelNixon
Feb 7, 2007

Moonbase Alpha provides a realistic simulation of life on a natural satellite

Calaveron posted:

...compare it to how Magic Missile was drawn some 330 strips ago.
Great advancement in the artwork.
And if you own No Cure For The Paladin Blues, you can even compare it to how the same spell was drawn hundreds of strips ago:

to

Now that's pretty :cool:

edit: I find it pretty ironic that the same Silver Dragon is present both times he uses the spell.

LuchadoresDelNixon fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Apr 21, 2007

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

LuchadoresDelNixon posted:

edit: I find it pretty ironic that the same Silver Dragon is present both times he uses the spell.

Well, most of the same Silver Dragon.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Brannock posted:

The only people I can think of that's still in the castle is the old guy that refused to fight. I think some people were speculating whether or not he was Haley's father.

Aren't the Linear guild and the female paladin whose name begins with M still in there? Maybe it'll be the start of her redemption and she won't become a Blackguard after all.
She does still percieve Xykon as a villain after all.

And an Archlich is like a good-aligned Lich Sorcerer. Although I don't really know why that's their name.

Taear fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Apr 22, 2007

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!
So is Erfworld just totally skipping plot points now to move the plot along faster???

Hedgehog King
Feb 7, 2005
It's just after lunch time on a Thursday. Do you know where your towel is?

Gally posted:

So is Erfworld just totally skipping plot points now to move the plot along faster???

I kind of feel like Erf world will be good to read through once it is completely done. Not a Great read. Not the BEST READ EVER. Just a good read, once the entire series is done and I can read through the whole thing in one sitting. And yet, even knowing this, I keep reading it every up-date. Why can't I stop? drat web-comic sendrome.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

Hedgehog King posted:

I kind of feel like Erf world will be good to read through once it is completely done. Not a Great read. Not the BEST READ EVER. Just a good read, once the entire series is done and I can read through the whole thing in one sitting. And yet, even knowing this, I keep reading it every up-date. Why can't I stop? drat web-comic sendrome.

When I read the last few strips in sequence they make even less sense.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 22 minutes!

greatn posted:

Oh, I thought a Death Knight would just use the same HP as the Paladin he was before he died.
Nope. Characters like fighters and barbarians actually end up with less HP if they become undead.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?
Semi off topic post: There's a debate going on whether traditional games should have a new forum just for discussing tabletop games. As it is now, trad games is dominated by Play by Post threads and in my opinion, I think the community will improve if we add a new forum to discuss games. Discussion is allowed now in trad games but there are only a few megathreads. If you want to have a place to just talk about games without having to compete with Play by Post threads, voice your support here.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2424393

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Erfworld would be so much better without that lesbian subplot nonsense.

Kahrytes
Jun 4, 2004

Now I need a drink. Not this one. Another one. And in a different place.

clockworkjoe posted:

Semi off topic post: There's a debate going on whether traditional games should have a new forum just for discussing tabletop games. As it is now, trad games is dominated by Play by Post threads and in my opinion, I think the community will improve if we add a new forum to discuss games. Discussion is allowed now in trad games but there are only a few megathreads. If you want to have a place to just talk about games without having to compete with Play by Post threads, voice your support here.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2424393

It took months to get a wrestling subforum, and it took months to get a Let's Play subforum. Both of which are incredibly active.

Um. I really don't see the benefit of a separate forum to discuss tabletop gaming and a separate forum to PLAY PbP tabletop gaming, and I don't think that the admins would want to have the space for two forums splitting from one.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
:siren:NEW STRIP IS UP:siren:

MOTHERFUCKER, NO!

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
:siren: New Strip is... up... ? :siren:

OH GOD. :gonk:

TJO
Aug 14, 2006

I had a funny feeling in my gut.

Choosing to lay the page out like that was such a good decision, that wouldn't have looked nearly as good with traditional panels.

More importantly

JohnnyCanuck posted:

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
Well someone (Iridium) spoiled the last part of it for me, but yes that was amazing.
The whole siege has had some really great layouts, from the march of the hobgoblins to this one.

If he is dead, can't he just be ressurected? I guess not.

Volga Boatman
Sep 22, 2006

By striving to do the impossible, man has always achieved what is possible

Taear posted:

Well someone (Iridium) spoiled the last part of it for me, but yes that was amazing.
The whole siege has had some really great layouts, from the march of the hobgoblins to this one.

If he is dead, can't he just be ressurected? I guess not.
He could be, if there's a 9th level cleric left after the siege to do it and they have the ingredients.

Myok
Apr 8, 2005

Technology on the brain.
Pillbug

TJO posted:

Choosing to lay the page out like that was such a good decision, that wouldn't have looked nearly as good with traditional panels.

Agreed, this was an "infinite canvas" done right.

The Werle
Aug 8, 2005

Fireworks for Christmas is absolutely American
Man, I thought that the Talisman would break when he fell at least.

Since when do fighters fear falling damage? The gravity rules for D&D are totally inconsequential in comparison to a high level fighters hit points.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

The Werle posted:

Since when do fighters fear falling damage? The gravity rules for D&D are totally inconsequential in comparison to a high level fighters hit points.
When the fighter's already weakened by an epic fight with a lich and a Meteor Swarm to the face, apparently.

Jon
Nov 30, 2004

The Werle posted:

Man, I thought that the Talisman would break when he fell at least.

20d6 after being hit by a meteor at level 8 or so? Pretty harsh. Not that he won't get resurrected by Durkon.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
Oh no, Roy. :smith:

I wonder how this one'll get printed.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

JohnnyCanuck posted:

:siren: New Strip is... up... ? :siren:

:derp::aaaaa::derp:

I can't wait to see what Roy's afterlife is like and how the Order fares under Haley's command.

shelper
Nov 10, 2005

Something's still wrong with this code
You just know his dead father is going to bitch to him about this.
What a bummer there, Roy, youknow, if you'd become a wizard like your old man, you could have casted feather fall yourself...

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Yeah, but a wizard wouldn't have the HP to survive a meteor storm spell to begin with.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

Taerkar posted:

Yeah, but a wizard wouldn't have the HP to survive a meteor storm spell to begin with.

A wizard would have been sheathed in numerous protective enchantments! :rant: :eugenegreenhilt:

Sock
Oct 8, 2001
Do me. Do me.
Does this count as the death Belkar would cause? He did give Roy that ring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tag Plastic
Jun 10, 2006

Not organic.

Me, exactly a month ago posted:

You know, I'm a bit worried about Roy at the moment. More worried than I have been about any of the other PCs before. Don't die Roy :(

Am I allowed an 'I told you so'?

Of course there's no way he's dead for good, but it's still pretty :gonk: (though the :gonk: may be overridden by potential afterlife hilarity).