Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

tokyoakazukin posted:

I suck... sorry so much for the stupid thread necromancy.
This is the thread you're supposed to ressurect if you need a film ID'ed actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IAmAGlassOfTea
Jul 25, 2003
Slight condensation on the outside, resting on a doily. Green tea with three ice cubes and a red-striped white straw.
Man, this is real vague but, here goes.

I think this was an episode of the outer limits or sliders or something. There was a world that was a suburban neighborhood, and all the houses are the same, and everyone's happy all the time. They have the exact same schedule every day, and everything is happy and perfect and exactly the same every day. Exactly the same down to every detail.

Except at the end of every day they have to go in the basement. Everyone's basement is a torture chamber and everybody has a horrible demon there that cuts them apart and tortures them anally stuff, and then burns the cut up body peices in the furnace.

Then the next day they're alive again, but the twisted part is they know that at the end of every day they have to go in the basement, and thats why they're so happy all day cause theyre trying to keep it off their minds.

I mean, surely I couldn't be making this all up... right? I remember seeing it when I was young, and if this was a dream, thats a hell of a dream for a kid to have!

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

IAmAGlassOfTea posted:

I think this was an episode of the outer limits or sliders or something. There was a world that was a suburban neighborhood, and all the houses are the same, and everyone's happy all the time. They have the exact same schedule every day, and everything is happy and perfect and exactly the same every day. Exactly the same down to every detail.

Except at the end of every day they have to go in the basement. Everyone's basement is a torture chamber and everybody has a horrible demon there that cuts them apart and tortures them anally stuff, and then burns the cut up body peices in the furnace.

Then the next day they're alive again, but the twisted part is they know that at the end of every day they have to go in the basement, and thats why they're so happy all day cause theyre trying to keep it off their minds.

I mean, surely I couldn't be making this all up... right? I remember seeing it when I was young, and if this was a dream, thats a hell of a dream for a kid to have!

drat, I hate you people sometimes. I KNOW what this is, and it's going to drive me crazy until I figure it out. I do not think this is a TV episode, unless I've got something else in mind.

EDIT: is there a scene in it where Person A has to take Person B's else place being tortured so that Person A can go do something else?

FitFortDanga fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Apr 25, 2007

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?

IAmAGlassOfTea posted:

Sounds like this ep of Angel
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0512924/

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Slasherfan posted:

Sounds like this ep of Angel
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0512924/

I dunno if that's what GlassOfTea was looking for, but that's what I was thinking of. Thanks!

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?

FitFortDanga posted:

I dunno if that's what GlassOfTea was looking for, but that's what I was thinking of. Thanks!

Yeah, I'm not 100% sure either since it aied about 2 years ago.

Desiato
Mar 8, 2006

Thy next foe is...
Ugh this has been driving me crazy all night because I can't find it.

A movie shot in the 70s (I believe funded by or featuring the music of some fairly big musicians at the time) about people in the baroque/renaissance period traveling through time. I remember a scene from the trailer with a guy playing a piano (or harpsichord) with a large candle on top.

It hasn't aged very well I don't believe.

Just throw whatever ideas you have at me, I honestly have very little to go off to find this :(

Desiato fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Apr 27, 2007

Lil Danzig
Mar 1, 2007

Desiato posted:

A movie shot in the 70s (I believe funded by or featuring the music of some fairly big musicians at the time) about people in the baroque/renaissance period traveling through time. I remember a scene from the trailer with a guy playing a piano (or harpsichord) with a large candle on top.

Don't remember the trailer whatsoever, but the description sounds like Time Bandits.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Desiato posted:

Just throw whatever ideas you have at me, I honestly have very little to go off to find this :(
When you mentioned the piano with the large candle and fairly big musicians of the time (Roger Daltrey), I thought Lisztomania, although it doesn't feature time travel. It hasn't aged well, but it's worth a look, especially for Rick Wakeman's part.

Time Bandits also makes sense because it was funded by Working Title pictures, which was owned in part by George Harrison. It hasn't aged well, but I still love it.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
Mystery Zombie Crappy Horror Movie Guess Time!

The year was either 87-88 and the place was Belfast, Northern Ireland. There was me, around 7 or 8 watching crappy movies late at night. I don't think I was watching off my Dad's VCR but I've done lots of drugs since then. Anyway...to the movie.

I didn't even see all of it but what I did occured in a cemetary or mausoleum and FYI I'm pretty sure it ain't the movie Mausoleum. There were atypical mid 80's trashy chicks. One in particular was a dishy black chick with giant earrings and those leg warmers things and she managed a horrendous Cockney accent if I remember right. All the rest of the cast were WASP Americans and pretty forgettable in an 80's way. I don't think I remember any boobs or sex scenes (yay for being raised by a single Dad) but I think I remember weed smoking and, of course, some zombies. The main antagonist was this zombie-hillbilly-liche dude that liked to lay around in his coffin. I think he made the coffin float and kill the cute Nubian princess with the 80's frizz. I'm pretty sure she wore a Vietnam War-era jacket and a smallish blue jean skirt. Anyway she got squished by the coffin or possibly eaten. I vaguely recollect her ankle giving out on her or the like. The end had the Bubba-Necromancer in his coffin chariot grab some white girl and the movie ended with the coffin shutting... or so I think.

I'm 99.8% sure this wasn't an Italian, German or Spanish film but that could be a possibility. I'm mainly betting on American made around 85 or so. My Dad loved horror movies and it could be that he rented it and I found it in the VCR and popped it in. I saw most of it and all what I saw was in the graveyard. I only remember the two chicks insofar as protagonists go but there may have been more. The special effects seemed to be ok to a 7 year old in the final part of the 80s. I THINK the ending song was some cheesy 80's stock keyboard. The most I remember is the cute girl and Goober, Lord of the Undead.

Cute Girl:
Side Ponytail with Ultra Frizzy afro
Vietnam-era jacket
Big Bracelets
Big Earrings
jean skirt(?) over leggings
Medium complexion
American with horrible fake accent maybe...possibly a Newzie (I kid-I kid)

I was a strange kid I know and thanks in advance.

Internet Gentleman
Mar 17, 2006

I'm so happy to be here.

Von_Doom posted:

Mystery Zombie Crappy Horror Movie Guess Time!

Cute Girl:
Side Ponytail with Ultra Frizzy afro
Vietnam-era jacket
Big Bracelets
Big Earrings
jean skirt(?) over leggings
Medium complexion
American with horrible fake accent maybe...possibly a Newzie (I kid-I kid)

I was a strange kid I know and thanks in advance.

I could be Return of the Living Dead http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089907/

It was made in 1985, takes place in both a cemetary and mausoleum with typical mid 80's trashy chicks - one with big earring and a blue skirt, the other with leggings. I think the blue-skirted girl was trying to pull off a valley-girl accent. The legging girls ankle gives out and she is eaten by zombies.
Heres a pic of the gang:

There is no flying coffin, but

Von_Doom posted:

I've done lots of drugs since then.
may explain it.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Internet Gentleman posted:

I could be Return of the Living Dead http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089907/

It was made in 1985, takes place in both a cemetary and mausoleum with typical mid 80's trashy chicks - one with big earring and a blue skirt, the other with leggings.

Nah...I wish it was that easy. That is one of my favourite movies of all time. I really love Return of the Living Dead.Thanks though.

"You think this is a fuckin' costume? This is a way of life!" -That line always cracks me up.

Desiato
Mar 8, 2006

Thy next foe is...

InfiniteZero posted:

When you mentioned the piano with the large candle and fairly big musicians of the time (Roger Daltrey), I thought Lisztomania, although it doesn't feature time travel. It hasn't aged well, but it's worth a look, especially for Rick Wakeman's part.

Thanks a TON. This is exactly it, drove me crazy all last night but now I can finally relax.

Hellkind
Mar 6, 2007

Government subsidized and delivered fresh daily!
I am afraid that this one is going to be rather difficult. I saw this very late at night on a New Orleans affiliate in the mid 70's. It is a very bad B grade Western possibly from the 60's. It might even be a "Spaghetti Western". It is set somewhere near the Texas Mexican border during the 1860's and is about a group of Confederates and French soldiers from the reign of Maximilian who are fighting off some rampaging Indians. The complete destruction of a fort with rolling smoke and ubiquitous arrow shafts sticking out of everything is the only visual that I can recall. Any help would be appreciated.

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

Hellkind posted:

I am afraid that this one is going to be rather difficult. I saw this very late at night on a New Orleans affiliate in the mid 70's. It is a very bad B grade Western possibly from the 60's. It might even be a "Spaghetti Western". It is set somewhere near the Texas Mexican border during the 1860's and is about a group of Confederates and French soldiers from the reign of Maximilian who are fighting off some rampaging Indians. The complete destruction of a fort with rolling smoke and ubiquitous arrow shafts sticking out of everything is the only visual that I can recall. Any help would be appreciated.

Was it in English/American and/or in color?
I don't suppose John Wayner was in it if you say it's B grade crap.

Pweller fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Apr 29, 2007

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Speaking of spaghetti Westerns and the French, which movie had Clint Eastwood dodging French troops and teaming up with a nun?

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Alan Smithee posted:

Speaking of spaghetti Westerns and the French, which movie had Clint Eastwood dodging French troops and teaming up with a nun?

I haven't seen it for a long time, but wouldn't that be Two Mules for Sister Sara?

Retroboy
Jul 12, 2006

Better a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
Here for the request of a friend. Please excuse the lack of information:

"All i can remember is, the sun has a face and gets more and more evil, and theres a main lead male character."

He reckons its a Hills Have Eyes style trashy horror from the 70s/80s. Although he also thinks its quite psychological and that it used to freak him out as a kid.

Would be good if someone could help as I dont have a clue what hes on about!

bruin
May 29, 2006
This might be a hard one, but here goes.

This is from either the 70's or early 80's. Crime film, sort of noir, but not in any interesting way. Think bad hair, bad clothes, bad dialogue, and altogether bad filmography. I saw it when I was a little kid. It was the first time, I think, that I saw death depicted, or maybe just as graphically as it was, so it still bugs me somehow to this day. Probably a movie, but could have also been a TV episode; saw it on TV. The only things that I have seen since that I could place as contemporaries would be things like Dirty Harry movies or TV shows like SWAT.

Two scenes that stand out: some guy (a good guy, maybe a cop, but possibly a villain in a gang war type of deal) gets led into some trap that consists of a wall of nails that advances towards him to kill him. His final words are something along the lines of "naw, naw, naw." The second scene has to do with a trap, a dagger or knife loaded by a spring in an easy chair or sofa, that when set off kills (or just wounds) the guy sitting in it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: probably saw it between 1979-1984-ish

bruin fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Apr 30, 2007

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.
This sounded interesting to me,

DLane posted:

Animated short about the dogs a man has throughout his life.

This is kind of a shot in the dark, but has anyone heard of an animated short about this? Someone told me about it, but they couldn't remember the title and said it might be Russian or Ukranian. I know it's not a lot to go on, but if you have seen something like this, please, could you let me know?

Thank you so much.

Mr. Neuron
Feb 28, 2005
I'm looking for a movie that would be from the 60's or 70's. It showed in Britain around then. There was a whole group of people that had been on a spaceship for generations, and they worshipped trees and had strange mechanisms. They had a plant that was on tracks that they oiled daily.

In the end, they discovered they were on a spaceship, and then landed. They soon discovered that everything they had been doing was all on purpose so they could land on a planet.

My dad watched it in a hotel in Britain circa 1960/1970.

Hellkind
Mar 6, 2007

Pweller posted:

Was it in English/American and/or in color?
I don't suppose John Wayner was in it if you say it's B grade crap.

It was in American English and there was no 'Duke'. I'm pretty sure my impression of the Spaghetti genre was a result of the bad production values. It began with a voice over narration that explained the political situation regarding the last days of the Confederacy and Maximilian's tenuous position as Emperor of Mexico. I seem to recall a love triangle existing between the French officer and the leader of the Confederates who may have been deserters. It is possible that the Indian attacks may have been connected to Mexican nationalist revolutionaries. I apologize for the lack of information. I was but a wee lad when I saw it.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Ape Agitator posted:

I haven't seen it for a long time, but wouldn't that be Two Mules for Sister Sara?
Looks about right

Im not sure when the movie itself was made (anywhere from 70s to 90s, I honestly can't say). It's a historical piece I want to say it takes place during 1700s or so (think 3 musketeers). So this monarchy/political figure roles through the city in his carriage and people are kinda ho hum, one guy isn't clapping so a gendarme hits him and the guy starts clapping.

MelonSoda5000
May 1, 2007

MMMM, MMMMMFF..
After remembering this little clip from my early teens, I've tried to identify it, and have found nothing. I might be crazy or dreaming, but I remember seeing the last 5 minutes of this movie on tv about 14 or 15 years ago: it had two ninjas, one in yellow and one in blue (very very VERY much like Scorpion and Sub-Zero from MKI) fighting in a...vietnamese warehouse?...at the end of the fight "Scorpion" falls on a pallet of oil drums or some such and "Sub-Zero" throws a hand grenade on him. Big explosion, "Sub-Zero" meets up with a girl and the end. at the time, I was really into Mortal Kombat and I thought it was like a movie or something. But this was just after the arcade release, so it was way before the franchise TV show or movies.

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused
Two Mules for Sister Sarah reminded me of a movie I saw once and would like to see again.

Type: Western/Comedy
Seen: Late 80s early 90s
Premise: Fat chick ends up in small dying town, town needs money. Another fat chick is in town, think there was slight mistaken identity. One fat chick kills a guy by accidentally tightening her legs too much during either cunnilingus or just plain sex. Stuffs body in piano. The two fat chicks turn out to be long lost sisters each with half a map tattooed on their asscheeks. At some point the bad guy ties them up naked and face down on a bed where the two map halves are seen toghether. Treasure is found and bad guy is defeated.

So what the hell did I watch?

Hellkind
Mar 6, 2007

Elohssa Gib posted:

Two Mules for Sister Sarah reminded me of a movie I saw once and would like to see again.

Type: Western/Comedy
Seen: Late 80s early 90s
Premise: Fat chick ends up in small dying town, town needs money. Another fat chick is in town, think there was slight mistaken identity. One fat chick kills a guy by accidentally tightening her legs too much during either cunnilingus or just plain sex. Stuffs body in piano. The two fat chicks turn out to be long lost sisters each with half a map tattooed on their asscheeks. At some point the bad guy ties them up naked and face down on a bed where the two map halves are seen toghether. Treasure is found and bad guy is defeated.

So what the hell did I watch?

That would be "Lust in the Dust". One of the "fat chicks" was actually the infamous transvestite Divine of John Waters fame.

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused

Hellkind posted:

That would be "Lust in the Dust". One of the "fat chicks" was actually the infamous transvestite Divine of John Waters fame.

That looks like the one, thanks

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Retroboy posted:

Here for the request of a friend. Please excuse the lack of information:

"All i can remember is, the sun has a face and gets more and more evil, and theres a main lead male character."

He reckons its a Hills Have Eyes style trashy horror from the 70s/80s. Although he also thinks its quite psychological and that it used to freak him out as a kid.

Would be good if someone could help as I dont have a clue what hes on about!

I haven't seen it in a while, but this reminds me of Eyes of Fire.

FAG
Jan 12, 2005

'Look what you made me do, look what I made for you - A Bomb!' - Jay-Z Denton
My friend asked me what spy movie it is that one of the characters bites their fingertips off to get rid of his fingerprints. This sounds loving awesome to me, but I have no idea what it is. Obviously google is worthless, but I know you guys aren't! Any ideas?

ClydeUmney
May 13, 2004

One can hardly ignore the Taoist implications of "Fuck it, Dude. Let's go bowling."

Nemesii posted:

My friend asked me what spy movie it is that one of the characters bites their fingertips off to get rid of his fingerprints. This sounds loving awesome to me, but I have no idea what it is. Obviously google is worthless, but I know you guys aren't! Any ideas?

Well, I don't know about a spy movie, but I know in the movie Se7en, the killer slices the tips of his fingers off so he doesn't leave any prints. Maybe your friend got their movies mixed up?

Gyver
Jun 24, 2005

My entire life has been full of wrong choices.

Nemesii posted:

I'm not sure if Smokin' Aces can be counted as a spy movie, although it does have spies, but one of the hitmen (The Blade) chews off his own finger tips to keep the police from identifying him.

Viktormizer
Jan 2, 2007

Study your history, Whoever don't I pity the fool like Mr. T
I'm looking for a old kung fu movie that had an end battle where two guys are swinging around swords on chains. It was pretty cool, thats all I know about it. Is there anybody that can help me out with this?

FAG
Jan 12, 2005

'Look what you made me do, look what I made for you - A Bomb!' - Jay-Z Denton

Gyver posted:

I'm not sure if Smokin' Aces can be counted as a spy movie, although it does have spies, but one of the hitmen (The Blade) chews off his own finger tips to keep the police from identifying him.

Turns out it was Smokin' Aces. Thank you chum!

Undersold
Oct 12, 2002

Join me for a glass of champagna
This will sound pretty vague and I apologise in advance. Anyway this was something I think I saw on Nickolodeon when I was about 9 or so. It was a fantasy setting and the main hero was a young kid. At the very end of the movie he's fighting this giant floating head. It has a long white beard and I it was kind of scary to me as a kid. (the giant head might have been his father?) When he defeats it I think he's holding or looking at it's heart and it's mentioned that it's heart is either cold or hard. I saw it like 2 or 3 times as a kid then it just disappeared. Please tell me someone else saw this thing.

JoeNotCharles
Mar 3, 2005

Yet beyond each tree there are only more trees.

Undersold posted:

This will sound pretty vague and I apologise in advance. Anyway this was something I think I saw on Nickolodeon when I was about 9 or so.

And what year was that, then?

quote:

It was a fantasy setting and the main hero was a young kid. At the very end of the movie he's fighting this giant floating head. It has a long white beard and I it was kind of scary to me as a kid. (the giant head might have been his father?) When he defeats it I think he's holding or looking at it's heart and it's mentioned that it's heart is either cold or hard. I saw it like 2 or 3 times as a kid then it just disappeared. Please tell me someone else saw this thing.

imdb's keyword list for "flying head" is pretty disappointing.

vvv Heh, I skipped over that one because I was only looking at the English titles.

JoeNotCharles fucked around with this message at 02:54 on May 8, 2007

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

JoeNotCharles posted:

And what year was that, then?

imdb's keyword list for "flying head" is pretty disappointing.

And yet I wouldn't be surprised if Mio in the Land of Faraway, one of the 8 movies with that keyword, was the movie he's looking for.

dentedsanity
Jun 23, 2006

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Two movies, both most likely from the 80s (I was about 4 at the time).

The first one has a scene with a family in some sort of field being held captive by monsters. I only remember the brother (about 10?) and sister (about...6?), but their mom and dad were there too. They were in a station wagon headed somewhere.

One monster grabs the little girl, who has a doll (the kind whose eyes close if you tilt it) and says "I'll take this one" in an over-the-top gruff voice. The girl turns into a "naked" doll just like the one she was holding.

Either the brother wrestles free and picks her up, or the monster looks at her, but she (doll-sis) says "Goodbye" in a super-drawn out kid voice and explodes into bloody doll-chunks which look like a tiny human exploded (as opposed to hollow plastic).

The second is another cheesy horror flick in which some weird amorphous alien(s) which can blend into anything white (and are referred to as killer marshmallows/killer marshmallow fluff at some point in the movie, I believe) kill a bunch of people before their weakness to fire is discovered and some folks with flamethrowers and cheap perfume+lighters, etc save the day.

In one scene, a guy hops into bed next to his wife, only to have one of the things (in clever disguise on his pillow) "grow" across his face in an attempt to smother him. She burns it somehow, which is how that weakness is discovered, if I recall correctly. I recall them bubbling heavily under fire as well.

P.S. Another two.

Was the movie in which a man gets engulfed by another amorphous alien and sucked into a radiator pipe (or just a plain old pipe...I remember there being a rotund policeman and a few other people there when it happened) with a horrible, juicy crunching noise one of The Blob movies? I've been told that it is not, but can't find any info on such a scene through searching. I saw that when I was about 8 and know that it was in at least partial color, but I think that the alien was red and everything else was B&W.

And...There was a war movie I saw when I was about 11-13 (early 90s). I think it was Vietnam. I remember two scenes clearly.

-A black guy (American) wanders off/gets left behind during crazed combat) and is found dead with what appears to be the tip of his skinned, cut-off penis neatly tucked into his mouth.

-A white fellow with glasses loses them during an explosion (I believe), gets tangled in a barbed-wire fence, and while he's looking for them, a pair of Vietnamese(?) soldiers come across him and casually set up some form of machine gun with a stand/bi-pod/whatever it's called...I forget) and pump him full of bullets right as his friends come looking for him. They see it happen, kill the Vietnamese soldiers just in time to watch their friend die.

dentedsanity fucked around with this message at 03:55 on May 10, 2007

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

dentedsanity posted:

The second is another cheesy horror flick in which some weird amorphous alien(s) which can blend into anything white (and are referred to as killer marshmallows/killer marshmallow fluff at some point in the movie, I believe) kill a bunch of people before their weakness to fire is discovered and some folks with flamethrowers and cheap perfume+lighters, etc save the day.

In one scene, a guy hops into bed next to his wife, only to have one of the things (in clever disguise on his pillow) "grow" across his face in an attempt to smother him. She burns it somehow, which is how that weakness is discovered, if I recall correctly. I recall them bubbling heavily under fire as well.

P.S. Was the movie in which a man gets engulfed by another amorphous alien and sucked into a radiator pipe (or just a plain old pipe...I remember there being a rotund policeman and a few other people there when it happened) with a horrible, juicy crunching noise one of The Blob movies? I've been told that it is not, but can't find any info on such a scene through searching. I saw that when I was about 8 and know that it was in at least partial color, but I think that the alien was red and everything else was B&W.

The former sounds, especially the thing about the pillow, like The Stuff. It's a goofy and fun horror movie by Q's Larry Cohen. http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0090094/

The second definitely sounds like the remake of The Blob where a restaurant dishwasher is pulled face first down a sink drain. http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0094761/
You can see it in this fanvid. Warning, it spoils all the awesomeness of the remake. http://youtube.com/watch?v=3jmpLA6deBc

dentedsanity
Jun 23, 2006

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Ape Agitator posted:

The former sounds, especially the thing about the pillow, like The Stuff. It's a goofy and fun horror movie by Q's Larry Cohen. http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0090094/

The second definitely sounds like the remake of The Blob where a restaurant dishwasher is pulled face first down a sink drain. http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0094761/
You can see it in this fanvid. Warning, it spoils all the awesomeness of the remake. http://youtube.com/watch?v=3jmpLA6deBc

Right on both counts. Thank you. :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellkind
Mar 6, 2007

dentedsanity posted:

-A white fellow with glasses loses them during an explosion (I believe), gets tangled in a barbed-wire fence, and while he's looking for them, a pair of Vietnamese(?) soldiers come across him and casually set up some form of machine gun with a stand/bi-pod/whatever it's called...I forget) and pump him full of bullets right as his friends come looking for him. They see it happen, kill the Vietnamese soldiers just in time to watch their friend die.

This is very similar to a scene from Legends of the Fall when one brother is tangled up in barbed wire during a mustard gas attack and then killed by machine gunners as his brother arrives to save him. It was set during the First World War around 1915/1916. Could that be it?