Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
Late to the party, just registered as AzraelNewtype.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeshon
Dec 1, 2004
my name is Zeshon.
Please approve me.

Not_Log
Mar 24, 2004

Dear Aunt, lets set so double the killer delete select all.

All current stubs now have full infoboxes (minus photo)

Just some minor notes about my edits now that I'm done.

In most pages I forgot to replace "Template" in the infobox, this is easily corrected but it's not worth re-editing every page just for that, whoever does the full page can do it easily enough if they know they need to beforehand.

In many pages with both a manga and a series I forgot to put how many volumes the manga has, partly because I can't be sure it's a true adaptation (we don't want a manga count if it's going to have 2 separate pages like FMA has (should have?)), partly because I forgot. Again, this is easily enough corrected by whoever does the full page if they know it's got to be fixed, and not really worthy of an extra single edit. There were also a few cases where I couldn't tell if the manga was a followup, the inspiration for or completely unrelated to the anime (Tsukihime for one.)

To be fair I've fixed minor things as I went so if someone tells me to go fix these I can do it, it's just easier on me if I don't have to.

I had a few instances of ANN giving me "half-hour" for the episode length, I know these to be incorrect but because I don't have the episodes downloaded or on DVD I couldn't correct them.

Dan a man
Dec 27, 2004

If there's really so many people in the world, there had to be someone who wasn't ordinary, someone who was living an interesting life. But why wasn't I that ChuChu?
I just noticed something strange with the Stub template. I have a feeling this is something that one of the admins has to change. Where it says "You can help by expanding it." The link contains the url for the domain http://pierson.nulani.net/ instead of http://www.adtrwiki.com/ . I think the problem lies here:

[{{fullurl:{{FULLPAGENAME}}|action=edit}} expanding it]

The value of that variable has to be changed to the new url.

It's not so much a major problem, as it is an inconvenience. Because even though it's just two urls pointing to the same exact page, cookies aren't be shared between them, so if you're not paying attention to the URL, it looks like the link just randomly logged you out.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
My burning justice could not allow the Eureka seveN page to remain a stub (well it really wasn't much of one but whatever).

I'm making it my goal to upload covers this week, but someone else can do the Eiken one because jesus why is it there :colbert: sakesniper didn't sign up!

Dire Penguin
Jun 17, 2006

Registered as Dire Penguin, could use approval.

Moetic Justice
Feb 14, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Registered as HalCapone, approval yadda yadda.

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

Nate RFB posted:

My burning justice could not allow the Eureka seveN page to remain a stub (well it really wasn't much of one but whatever).

I registered as abraxas even tho I've not made more than, I think, one post in ADTRW. However, I can't allow Eureka seveNs page to say it only has 26 Episodes when the one I have has 50? :v:

On top of that, how can you people even call yourself anime fans when there's hardly anything on the RahXephon and Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi pages :argh:

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug

abraxas posted:

I registered as abraxas even tho I've not made more than, I think, one post in ADTRW. However, I can't allow Eureka seveNs page to say it only has 26 Episodes when the one I have has 50? :v:

On top of that, how can you people even call yourself anime fans when there's hardly anything on the RahXephon and Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi pages :argh:

abraxas you have to go out and and get it by your own hands

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Sorry abraxas the stubs are a work in progress :sweatdrop: I'm a bit over halfway through the images for the titles, at least.

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

Nate RFB posted:

Sorry abraxas the stubs are a work in progress :sweatdrop: I'm a bit over halfway through the images for the titles, at least.

Oh no worries, I was just bitching for the sake of bitching. Especially since those two are definitely in my top 10 favorite animes of all times. If you need any help with Abenobashi or RahXephon, I have both DVD sets here for back-of-the-box descriptions or any of that stuff. Just write me a PM or post here and I'll be glad to type it up or snag a picture of it or something.

Edit: I just realized you were probably talking about Eureka seveN and not RahXephon or Abenobashi :sweatdrop: Well, in any case I can still offer help with those two

abraxas fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Apr 14, 2007

Dan a man
Dec 27, 2004

If there's really so many people in the world, there had to be someone who wasn't ordinary, someone who was living an interesting life. But why wasn't I that ChuChu?
Don't ask. Just do.

Seriously. If you see an article that you'd like to contribute to, just go for it. Upload your picture, type out a description, list some recommendations, give a short review... whatever you can do is helpful.

Some people here probably watch more anime in a season than I have in my life, but I still contribute anyway I can. And it's great when other people contribute because then I get to read a goon's perspective on shows I haven't watched before. So yeah, I'll be looking forward to your updates on Abenobashi or RahXephon. Do them or else. :arghfist::keke:

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

Dan a man posted:

Don't ask. Just do.

Seriously. If you see an article that you'd like to contribute to, just go for it. Upload your picture, type out a description, list some recommendations, give a short review... whatever you can do is helpful.

Some people here probably watch more anime in a season than I have in my life, but I still contribute anyway I can. And it's great when other people contribute because then I get to read a goon's perspective on shows I haven't watched before. So yeah, I'll be looking forward to your updates on Abenobashi or RahXephon. Do them or else. :arghfist::keke:

Well good sir, providing I've gotten aproved already (I still need to be aproved to add/edit anything right?) I shall get started on that right away. It's almost 2 am so I probably won't get too much done, but I'll at least start fleshing out those two stubs a lil, eh? :keke:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I generally approve people the moment I see the request, but if you want to check "Recent Changes" will list the latest happenings on the wiki and will list them.

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

Nate RFB posted:

I generally approve people the moment I see the request, but if you want to check "Recent Changes" will list the latest happenings on the wiki and will list them.

Yeah, I noticed and already put my approval to good use (at least I hope :v: ) Both the RahXephon and the Abenobashi articles are still stubs, unfortunately, but at least I fleshed them out a little. Feel free to add/edit whatever comes to mind. Oh, and without trying to attention whore or anything, but some feedback would be nice as this was actually my first time working with any kind of wiki software whatsoever. So far I've only used wiki stuff to.. well, look at things, not write them :sweatdrop:

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005
I was wondering why direct download wasn't listed as a way to acquire anime. I know that it is mainly what I use due to getting about 500 kb/s most all of the time.

Dan a man
Dec 27, 2004

abraxas posted:

Oh, and without trying to attention whore or anything, but some feedback would be nice as this was actually my first time working with any kind of wiki software whatsoever. So far I've only used wiki stuff to.. well, look at things, not write them :sweatdrop:
Looks good. One thing to keep in mind, is that when you type out something like [[:Category:Drama|Drama]], that only puts a link on the page to the category. It doesn't actually add the page to the category listing. In order to do that you have to add this to the top of the page: [[Category:Drama]]. And that not only applies to the genres, but also the type of anime, such as: [[Category:Anime (TV)]] I already made the fixes for you on the two pages you worked on.

Also, keep in mind that once a page has all the sections filled in, you can delete {{stub}} from the bottom.

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

Dan a man posted:

Looks good. One thing to keep in mind, is that when you type out something like [[:Category:Drama|Drama]], that only puts a link on the page to the category. It doesn't actually add the page to the category listing. In order to do that you have to add this to the top of the page: [[Category:Drama]]. And that not only applies to the genres, but also the type of anime, such as: [[Category:Anime (TV)]] I already made the fixes for you on the two pages you worked on.

Also, keep in mind that once a page has all the sections filled in, you can delete {{stub}} from the bottom.

Thanks a lot, I'll try to keep that in mind. I was also under the impression that the stub part would delete itself automatically after things have been fleshed out enough :v: The more you know..

Mirsha
May 20, 2001

I love riding the man-train
Just registered, auth me up for editing burning justice.

NeverRamza
Jan 9, 2003

what the...? where the hell has Frodo gone to?
Just signed up as NeverRamza.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
I wouldn't mind having access to this.

After all, my opinions are horrible. :downs:

Kenderama
Mar 12, 2003

Herding Nerds from
2007-2012
Signed up as Kenderama. Looking forward to being useful!

McCritical
Mar 11, 2002
Signed up as Kulkillian. Also looking forward to this.

tankadillo
Aug 15, 2006

I noticed that some articles include a link to their wikipedia counterpart at the bottom, and it occurred to me that it would be nice if every article included this. When I discover a new series I usually want as much information as possible so I end up looking it up on wikipedia anyway.

If you guys want to do this and don't want to go through the trouble of adding the link to every page, you could put something like this in the sidebar (I think this code works)
code:
[[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/[/url]{{FULLPAGENAME}} {{FULLPAGENAME}} on wikipedia]

Not_Log
Mar 24, 2004

If we want to add links to all the wikipdia and anidb (which links to the official site, ANN, AnimeInfo and Allcinema for most series) pages I can do it, but I want someone to tell me I should do it first. It's not like I've touched the wiki since I did all the stub work anyways.

Dan a man
Dec 27, 2004

If Pierson is reading this: is there a reason why you removed [[Category:Stubs]] from the Stub template or was that an accident? Because right now it says there are 0 pages in the Stubs category.

As far as the Wikipedia thing, when I work on an article I usually add the wikipedia link to the bottom, but sometimes I forget. :sweatdrop: I don't know if we really need someone to go through every page and add that though. Especially since we've got over a 100 now. It'd be kind of a pain in the rear end. The side bar thing sounds interesting, but someone like Nate RFB or Pierson would have to okay it and then go ahead and do it.

tankadillo
Aug 15, 2006

If we want to go with the wikipedia thing we could also put it in something like the infobox instead, just some way of adding it to every page without actually editing all 100 or so.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

raezr posted:

If we want to go with the wikipedia thing we could also put it in something like the infobox instead, just some way of adding it to every page without actually editing all 100 or so.
The templates for the stubs didn't use the infobox though, so it wouldn't apply to all of them.

I don't think there is any problem with people adding links to ANN or wikipedia. More info is nice. Not having them isn't a problem either.

I hope whatever Pierson is doing to the Stubs will help fix the strange issue with the url linking, but we shall see.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Dan a man posted:

If Pierson is reading this: is there a reason why you removed [[Category:Stubs]] from the Stub template or was that an accident? Because right now it says there are 0 pages in the Stubs category.
Yes that one's my fault, unfortunately right now since the {{FULLPAGENAME}} command directs to the old url (pierson.nulani.net) when used I edited it to be more generic, but this like you say removes pages from Category:Stubs. Right now I'm damned either way until I can get Nulani to have a look at it, it's probably something simple I missed when we bought adtrw.com and redirected it. I changed it back for now since at least this way we get a nice category. v:shobon:v

Sorry I don't post in this thread so much. Most of the week day if I'm not looking for work I'm at class or the gym, so I haven't got as much time as I'd like. Nate is doing a fantastic job keeping on top of users though. :glomp:

Pierson fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Apr 25, 2007

evilsake
Oct 25, 2004

by Fragmaster

Nate RFB posted:

sakesniper didn't sign up!

With my papers finally nearing completion and me being back from study abroad I have rectified this :) I've registered as Sakesniper. I'm going to have a lot more free time soon so I might as well write about anime :3:

Not about Eiken, though. Please God, not about Eiken.

evilsake fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Apr 26, 2007

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

sakesniper posted:

With my papers finally nearing completion and me being back from study abroad I have rectified this :) I've registered as Sakesniper. I'm going to have a lot more free time soon so I might as well write about anime :3:

Not about Eiken, though. Please God, not about Eiken.
But who else has the balls to undertake such a huge job. :3:

Approved.

evilsake
Oct 25, 2004

by Fragmaster

Pierson posted:

But who else has the balls to undertake such a huge job. :3:

I actually thought about it when this first started up but I was afraid of leading the way for the wiki to be turned into a joke or full of elaborate fake entries.

Not_Log
Mar 24, 2004

sakesniper posted:

I actually thought about it when this first started up but I was afraid of leading the way for the wiki to be turned into a joke or full of elaborate fake entries.

oh but Sake, there's already an Eiken stub! I only know because I filled out the infobox for it :nyoron:

Mirsha
May 20, 2001

I love riding the man-train
I am not good with the wiki stuff but I made a page, I would appreciate it people who read this could visit it and then slag off my terrible writings at Texhnolyze and then fill in any gaps (with prompts to how to make filler pages) to fill in any missing info so I know how to respond better in the future.

Dan a man
Dec 27, 2004

First, when you make a page, but can't finish the whole thing in one sitting, it helps to make it a Stub so that others know to work on it. Just add {{stub}} to the bottom of the page. I already did that for you.

One thing that might make things easier is to use the infobox template. The code is easier to look at and manipulate. To do that, go to a page like this one , click on edit, and then copy the Infobox code. Paste it into your page, and then just replace all the info with the stuff from your show.

I noticed that you didn't add any of the genres. That's simple to do. Say you're working on a show that is a Drama. First add this code under the genre section of the page [[:Category:Drama|Drama]] . That will display a link to the Drama category. But you'll also want to add this code [[Category:Drama]] to the very top of the page. What that will do is make your page show up in the Drama list.

You also have to do that for the type. If you're working on a TV show, put this in the infobox [[:Category:Anime (TV)|Anime (TV)]] and this on the top of the page [[Category:Anime (TV)]]

The best thing to do is just to look at other pages to see how things are done on those pages. Then just copy and paste stuff.

Not_Log
Mar 24, 2004

As a note, I took the liberty of doing the infobox for the Texhnolyze page shortly after Mirsha's post because it took me like a minute. I just didn't find it postworthy at the time.

Scaevolus
Apr 16, 2007

Signed up as Scaevolus.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Every stub now has a image uploaded and placed for the title, except for Eiken.

Next I guess I'll try completing the categories for the stubs.

Dan a man
Dec 27, 2004

Cool. :kamina:

Nice work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
In as delfin.

• Locked thread