Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ptah
Apr 12, 2002

radiohead sucks

RSPsych0 posted:

Agreed. Also, I can't stand Flying V's because sometimes I want to sit down and play.

You put your knee in the V, they're pretty easy to play sitting down actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeventySeven
Jan 18, 2005
I AM A FAGGOT WHO BEGGED EXTREMITY TO CREATE AM ACCOUNT FOR ME. PLEASE PELT ME WITH ASSORTED GOODS.
My new Epi G-400 SG (cat not so new). It's not much, but it's mine, y'know?

Walter
Jul 3, 2003

We think they're great. In a grand, mystical, neopolitical sense, these guys have a real message in their music. They don't, however, have neat names like me and Bono.

SeventySeven posted:

That's a nice lookin' SG.

I was wondering about the cat, though - looks leopard-spotted. What's going on there?

SeventySeven
Jan 18, 2005
I AM A FAGGOT WHO BEGGED EXTREMITY TO CREATE AM ACCOUNT FOR ME. PLEASE PELT ME WITH ASSORTED GOODS.

Walter posted:

That's a nice lookin' SG.

I was wondering about the cat, though - looks leopard-spotted. What's going on there?

Haha, she's a Bengal. http://www.catsinfo.com/bengal.html

Engine Fortegue
Feb 1, 2004

strap me down they must sedate me

poke me prod me irritate me

SeventySeven posted:

Awesome SG and awesome Bengal duder :mmmhmm::hf::awesomelon:

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

SeventySeven posted:

SeventySeven posted:

I got this same SG back in 2001. Don't be surprised if the switch starts to go bad. Mine poo poo the bed about 3 years ago and as I read into it it seems like a common problem with these. I still haven't fixed it either :ninja: I have a bunch of rubber bands wrapped around it on the inside, and it seems to have done the trick.

SeventySeven
Jan 18, 2005

mono posted:

I got this same SG back in 2001. Don't be surprised if the switch starts to go bad. Mine poo poo the bed about 3 years ago and as I read into it it seems like a common problem with these. I still haven't fixed it either :ninja: I have a bunch of rubber bands wrapped around it on the inside, and it seems to have done the trick.

Yeah, I read about this. Though they switched manufacturing plants in 2002 it could still be a problem, as well as the jack loving up, but I'll cross those bridges if I come to them.

Really need to lower the action as well.

Jagdhippo
Feb 5, 2006

"That's just his way of saying 'Hello!', dear."

SeventySeven posted:

Yeah, I read about this. Though they switched manufacturing plants in 2002 it could still be a problem, as well as the jack loving up, but I'll cross those bridges if I come to them.

Really need to lower the action as well.
I had this same problem with mine and thought it was because i was kill-switching too much.

The action is actually fairly easy to lower on that guitar.

Duckrasta
Sep 21, 2002

The hunt is on
Your life is gone
Castratikron
Here's me with my newest purchase. After about 6 years of drooling over this guitar, I finally have one to call my own. I've had it for a couple weeks now, and I still can't put it down.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

reversefungi
Nov 27, 2003

Master of the high hat!
Well then, just got my Hellraiser, and I have to say this thing is a beauty and a beast. It actually made the cleans on my 5150 combo sound... nice? The distortion just got a completely new sound, and everything sounds so much better and stronger and warmer and blah blah blah, etc.

The guitar plays wonderfully, the tuners are awesome, and I couldn't be happier with this purchase. My only very minor gripe is that it takes a bit of re-adjusting to get the palm-muting right on this guitar.

PleasantlyGhetto
May 14, 2004
1972 Gibson ES-325

and a Cream Puff

Mona Lisa Overdrive
May 7, 2006
Calculus Enthusiast

The Dark Wind posted:

I should be getting one of these two soon enough, I just need to decide on which one! :)

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser:

ESP LTD V-500:

Edit: I've heard some bad things about LTD. Can anyone clarify the issue and tell me if it is worth worrying about?

Voting for the Hellraiser. As much as I like the flying V style, I think that the Schecter will be more comfortable and it still looks great.

belikeron
Mar 11, 2007
Let bombs explode, cause that's what they do

PleasantlyGhetto posted:

1972 Gibson ES-325

and a Cream Puff

While I don't personally like the big jazz guitars, that finish is the loving awesomest finish EVER! They need to do the stained wood thing more often.

Watson Your Back, Holmes
Jan 5, 2005

PleasantlyGhetto posted:

1972 Gibson ES-325

Holy poo poo. As awkward as Gibson got in the 70's, this looks like one of their better looking guitars. Im jealous.

Lil Danzig
Mar 1, 2007
Just ordered this particular neck-weight from eBay, and I am SO excited:

I'll post some more pics when the bass shows up. I've been looking for a fretless, I'm a sucker for late '70s Peavey gear, and I just happened to find an incredible deal on a 1979 Fretless T-40. They weigh a ton, but they sound so low it's incredible, and this is almost the exact same bass that a buddy of mine had in high school, which I always used to play pretty much constantly when I was hanging at his house.

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

OK Yoozer, you were right. 4 voices of polyphony is kind of lame for me.

So it is therefore with a little excitement that I introduce the newest addition to my rack!

It's quite pretty sitting in it too. I'll post a pic of my own setup now as soon as I find the stupid cable for my camera.

EDIT: There it is. Yeah, it looks nice on my equipment rack. In fact, I've got two Korgs there now, and they add some contrast to my otherwise mostly black/gray rack between the the platinum looking Radias and the shiny red Electribe SX.

My home studio's starting to look legit!

Now if I could just clean up some of the mess.

Justus fucked around with this message at 04:45 on May 4, 2007

Risky
May 18, 2003

I have 700 bucks left on my Sam Ash card and I need to know if I am making a wise decision with this guitar. http://www.samash.com/catalog/showi...ysubsearch=true

I'm replacing my epiphone Les Paul with this. I'll be playing through a Boss GT8 and a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe. How versatile would this guitar be from going to punk rock to outright bright shredding?

Mr JinX
Jul 10, 2001

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
THe Hammer of Hell-

now I just need to sell my Melody Maker- too many guitars!
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2460896

belikeron
Mar 11, 2007
Let bombs explode, cause that's what they do

Risky posted:

I have 700 bucks left on my Sam Ash card and I need to know if I am making a wise decision with this guitar. http://www.samash.com/catalog/showi...ysubsearch=true

I'm replacing my epiphone Les Paul with this. I'll be playing through a Boss GT8 and a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe. How versatile would this guitar be from going to punk rock to outright bright shredding?

It is a beautiful guitar for sure, but I would go to a music store and try it out, I personally didn't like how it felt.

ScottABoy
Mar 15, 2004
I AM A LIAR
:D

Only registered members can see post attachments!

LOO
Mar 5, 2004

Should be here by wednesday. :dance:

Mr JinX
Jul 10, 2001

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

ScottABoy posted:

:D

Theramin?

Messyass
Dec 23, 2003

LOO posted:

Should be here by wednesday. :dance:

Welcome to the club!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Brand new Vox AC-15, just purchased today. She sounds heavenly :swoon:

Machine Gun
Aug 22, 2006

what a fucking nightmare

Pablo Gigante posted:

Awesome. I hella want to get one of these. How much was it for?

ScottABoy
Mar 15, 2004
I AM A LIAR

Mr JinX posted:

Theramin?

Yep, total impulse buy after watching some videos of one on Youtube.

FlossMan
Oct 19, 2005

No, I can't. Too much hair.

Pablo Gigante posted:

Of course, to pay for that, he sold me this:

(The amp, mind you, not the Pod. I'm just using that in between the preamp and power amp as a volume control/delay pedal)

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Just brought her home from the store. I -- uh -- obviously need to get a real stand soon.

qball
Aug 1, 2002

You could go and have a bite, and you'd still be hearin' that one.

Martytoof posted:

Just brought her home from the store. I -- uh -- obviously need to get a real stand soon.

Screw that. Two G4s make a great stand. Maybe a little low though :)

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

qball posted:

Screw that. Two G4s make a great stand. Maybe a little low though :)

I obviously need to shim it up with Mac Minis :colbert:

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

Synthesizers.com Q105 Slew Limiter

Useful for all of your portamento/glissando/slidey groove type modulations. Also make multi-stage envelopes by delay gate signals, etc. 7 slots left in my 22 space dotcom rack!

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

toadee posted:

Useful for all of your portamento/glissando/slidey groove type modulations. Also make multi-stage envelopes by delay gate signals, etc. 7 slots left in my 22 space dotcom rack!

Can I see your rack? :quagmire:

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

Martytoof posted:

Can I see your rack? :quagmire:

The position of modules has changed a bit and there's also a Q118 instrument interface there now as well (so far just doing goofy vocal tricks but Im looking to buy an electric violin in the near future to run through it). Blue guy is a Bleep Labs Thingamagoop and the keyboard sitting on top of it is a Kawai K5000s Addative Synthesis Engine.

FlossMan
Oct 19, 2005

No, I can't. Too much hair.

toadee posted:

I have no use for it, but I really really want a Thingamagoop. God drat that makes some awesome sounds.

ptah
Apr 12, 2002

radiohead sucks

Martytoof posted:

Wanna sell a G4?

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

FlossMan posted:

I have no use for it, but I really really want a Thingamagoop. God drat that makes some awesome sounds.

Everyone can use a Thingamagoop! Even if you play guitar, you could plug it into a dual input pedal (like anything that does ring mod or something) and it'd make some fantastic WTF type effects. It's hard to argue with a $90 light controlled analogue monosynth with an LFO!

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

ptah posted:

Wanna sell a G4?

Then how would I keep my keyboard up? <:mad:>

Actually, the one on the right belongs to my parents, I'm just waiting for a part before I ship it back to them. The one on the left is slow as gently caress so it got repurposed as a keyboard stool away from fileserver duty :awesome:

Lumi
Apr 26, 2006
I watched the sky.

Godin Freeway :fap:

But only if I find a good enough deal. If not, I'll have to settle with the still good but not as great Godin Detour.

Occupy Japan
Feb 4, 2005

I've spent so much time clopping to fillies that my joints have locked up!
I'll post pics when they come (probably sometime next weekish), but I just bought one of those Ash tele clones from Rondo music and the following parts from Guitar Fetish:

code:
Name                       Code        Qty   Each  Options
------------------------------------------------------------
Low Friction Black         Nut_F         1   1.95
Composite nut Fits Fender
style necks
Ultra Thick Black Neck     K03           1   8.95
Plate with Screws for
Strat/Tele
Black Control Plate        K06           1  10.95
vintage Telecaster
Wilkinson Compensated      C23           1  30.95
Telecaster Bridge- Black
with Brass Saddles
Solid Brass Black Tophat   A46           1  10.95
bell knobs Pair
Pair Classic Strap         K33           1   3.95
Buttons Black Free Screws
Vintage Black Tele         K39           2   3.95
Circular String Retainer
                                  Subtotal  75.60
                                  Shipping   7.00
                                     Total  82.60

Next paycheck, I'll be buying a Fender MIM tele neck and some GHS pickups from Guitar Fetish. Also, as soon as the guitar arrives and I know what kind of tuners it takes, I'll be buying some black, locking Wilkinsons from Guitar Fetish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Your human mentality cries out for vengeance and thrives on the violence you say you can hardly endure.
I want to marry these pickups, have children and grow old with them.

(Seymour Duncan Invaders)

Next step is a tossup between a new amp (DSL/TSL probably) and a guitar for downtuned heavy stuff, drop A. Anyone have any suggestions for the guitar? I'm liking the look of Schecter C-series but nowhere around me sells them so it'll probably be an Ibanez.

Duckrasta posted:

Here's me with my newest purchase. After about 6 years of drooling over this guitar, I finally have one to call my own. I've had it for a couple weeks now, and I still can't put it down.

SO jealous of you right now. Is it heavy and/or neck heavy? It seems like it would be.