Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Jazzzzz posted:

Why does he have cans taped over his cans?

Because his exhaust points upwards, so if the bike sits in rain, snow, etc, the pipes dont get loaded up with water

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fats
Oct 14, 2006

What I cannot create, I do not understand
Fun Shoe
We be stuntin :c00l:

mutt2jeff
Oct 2, 2004
The one, the only....
That picture is perfect. Bet he was wishing he had put some gear on...

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

Fats posted:

I have never seen "Oh Noes!" more clearly defined. Thank you.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Fats posted:

Haha, holy gently caress is that funny.

Lawn
Jan 15, 2004

Positive Paul!

mutt2jeff posted:

That picture is perfect. Bet he was wishing he had put some gear on...

He's got it covered, man. What do you think the bandana is for?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

And he did go for pants instead of shorts geez

Revenant.Eagle
Oct 4, 2005

I know you think you thought you knew what you thought I said, but I'm not sure you understood what you thought I meant.

Fats posted:

You didn't post the rest:

Edit: I bet he'll sell the forks on ebay under:

Kawasaki forks, mint! No bends, leaks or scrapes! Guaranteed straight A+++++

Revenant.Eagle fucked around with this message at 17:54 on May 4, 2007

RandomSporkings
Mar 6, 2007

by Eris Is Goddess
What the hell exactly happened in that picture? I mean, I see the front wheel snapped off, but why?

DILLIGAF
Nov 16, 2003

I don't know, I find it hard to take hipster/non-hipster advice from someone with a Brony avatar!

RandomSporkings posted:

What the hell exactly happened in that picture? I mean, I see the front wheel snapped off, but why?

I am not surprised they snapped, I am shocked that more don't do that. The forks were never designed for the kind of abuse these guy put them through.

RandomSporkings
Mar 6, 2007

by Eris Is Goddess

DILLIGAF posted:

I am not surprised they snapped, I am shocked that more don't do that. The forks were never designed for the kind of abuse these guy put them through.

Was he doing a front wheelie? I couldn't tell...

Fats
Oct 14, 2006

What I cannot create, I do not understand
Fun Shoe

RandomSporkings posted:

Was he doing a front wheelie? I couldn't tell...

Yea, looks like he was doing a stoppie when it broke. The final straw on top of a bunch of abuse, no doubt.

Ravyn
May 8, 2002

A journey never truly has an end...

RandomSporkings posted:

front wheelie?
stoppie stoppie stoppie stoppie stoppie stoppie stoppie stoppie stoppie stoppie stoppie stoppie stoppie stoppie stoppie

DILLIGAF
Nov 16, 2003

I don't know, I find it hard to take hipster/non-hipster advice from someone with a Brony avatar!

Ravyn posted:

stoppie stoppie stoppie stoppie stoppie stoppie stoppie stoppie stoppie stoppie stoppie stoppie stoppie stoppie stoppie

So was he doing a stoppie or what? Your post was a bit ambiguous....

Does anyone make reinforced forks for those jackasses? They might be cool to have on an adventure bike to up[ the "rugged" factor a bit.

Infinotize
Sep 5, 2003

DILLIGAF posted:

I think he was correcting the terminology because "front wheelie" sounds dumb and nobody calls it that.

I wonder if this ever happens to bad stuntazzz who bring the front down too hard on wheelies.

Fantastipotamus
Nov 19, 2002

Nothing's wrong. Nothing is wrong. Everything is on track.
edit: Jesus, I'm too big of a moron to ride a motorcycle, as I can't even get my threads straight. Nevermind, here is a picture of a motorcycle and rider.

Fantastipotamus fucked around with this message at 15:03 on May 7, 2007

Ravyn
May 8, 2002

A journey never truly has an end...

DILLIGAF posted:

Does anyone make reinforced forks for those jackasses? They might be cool to have on an adventure bike to up[ the "rugged" factor a bit.
I'm sure something could be swapped like that, but in that crash I really think it was the fault of the rider, and not the bike. I know a lot of guys (mad tyte stuntaz) that will do stoppies all day have never had any problems with their forks giving way. I bet that guy swapped his front wheel and didn't tighten things down right, or recently swapped front forks and once again, didn't tighten things down right.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

DILLIGAF posted:

my bike has special heavy duty forks for stoppies in all conditions

Only registered members can see post attachments!

inolen
Dec 10, 2003

DILLIGAF posted:

Was he doing a stoppie? I think the picture made that pretty obvious.

Reinforced forks? I'd like to think forks are MADE to endure heavy breaking and harsh damping.

This didn't happen because the guy is a "jackass" stunter that can't put on his front wheel or something stupid. His fork SNAPPED because the set screw on the 03-04 636 forks like to come loose and cause the tubes to flex around and weaken. My friend who tears up canyons came to me with the same problem on his 03 636. Fortunately he noticed his forks leaking before he met the same fate in the middle of a canyon.

Nerobro
Nov 4, 2005

Rider now with 100% more titanium!
Heavy braking puts more load on a fork than a stoppie. A stoppie's loads are limited to 1 g. So... figure 600lbs. With the back tire near the ground, you can see almost three times for force. Depending of course on the height of the CG.

Like mentioned, there was something very wrong with those forks to cause them to fail like that. "stunting" won't do it. That's an interesting note about the setscrew though.... I'd expect those to be a press fit, not something that needs a setscrew.

Salt n Reba McEntire
Nov 14, 2000

Kuparp.

Fats posted:

That is horrifying to watch. I have that bike (B1, although in the faster green) and I love to stoppie (STOPPIE). Suddenly stoppies don't seem so appealing anymore. :(

Valfar
Nov 12, 2004

Born to lose, live to win.
Haha what the hell

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kY4IyR4hYt8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDUVOYMMsgM

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The second vid is contrasted by the awesomeness of the two man wheelie, and the gayness of the song choices.

Pimp Cauldron
Aug 3, 2002

A twisted pictoral of phoenix, AZ

Revenant.Eagle posted:

You didn't post the rest:

Edit: I bet he'll sell the forks on ebay under:

Kawasaki forks, mint! No bends, leaks or scrapes! Guaranteed straight A+++++

ahahahahha that is beautiful

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

Did anyone else watch this and immediately think "Man that would be totally sweet if those guys were siamese twins"?

bung
Dec 14, 2004

Ducati Hypermoto launch video

Sick_Nukes
Aug 10, 2004
I went to the Olley, Pa classic bike show a couple weeks back, place was nuts you couldn't go two feet without running into some ancient bike that could probably be considered a Musuem Piece:

Also a shot from a 2-stroke clubs group ride that I happened to wander into at the Van Sant airport:

As if my urge to build a cafe a racer wasn't already huge, I wish I had a bigger garage.
More pictures from show are here if anyone is interested http://flickr.com/photos/21027691@N00/

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

:aaa:

Crazy bike. It seems kind of in its own market. What would its competition be as far as performance/price are concerned?

mutt2jeff
Oct 2, 2004
The one, the only....

rope kid posted:

Crazy bike. It seems kind of in its own market. What would its competition be as far as performance/price are concerned?

I have already called my dealer, they said that they expect a couple in August. If that bike is as much fun as it looks, the Multistrada may have to go.

BoBtheImpaler
Oct 11, 2002
Dinosaur Gum

rope kid posted:

The BMW HP2, plus rumor has it that Aprilia is preparing something similar based off their new Shiver 750.

PS - Speaking of, whatever happened to the HP2 "Megamoto"? Did it ever come out? I don't see it on BMW's site. Did the US just not get it?

BoBtheImpaler fucked around with this message at 05:33 on May 13, 2007

bung
Dec 14, 2004

Here's a video of a Corpus Christi moto-cop knocking over the bike of a suspect who ran after he is in custody.

Fast forward to the last 25%.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

BoBtheImpaler posted:

PS - Speaking of, whatever happened to the HP2 "Megamoto"? Did it ever come out? I don't see it on BMW's site. Did the US just not get it?
i recall hearing a fair bit of press about it, but i can't recall where. dunno how retail sales are doing. there's an article about it in the latest bmw club magazine. they say it's awesome, but they say that about all bmw bikes. i sure like the look of it though.

DevCore
Jul 16, 2003

Schooled by Satan

Well, that was a mean thing to do.

TheChimney
Jan 31, 2005

DevCore posted:

Well, that was a mean thing to do.

Kinda silly really, I'd imagine that Corpus Christi PD would seize the bike and auction it off. All he did was lower its value.

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

"WhoooHoooo!!! Get 'er Done!" That cop was in redneck heaven :flashfap:ing down the highway. :patriot:

DevCore
Jul 16, 2003

Schooled by Satan

TheChimney posted:

Kinda silly really, I'd imagine that Corpus Christi PD would seize the bike and auction it off. All he did was lower its value.

Good point. That makes me feel a bit better, but deep down I would still want that guy to be able to press charges against the city and get his bike back in tip-top shape.

Pimp Cauldron
Aug 3, 2002

A twisted pictoral of phoenix, AZ

rope kid posted:

KTM Superduke 990

edit: 950 Supermoto R

Pimp Cauldron fucked around with this message at 05:56 on May 14, 2007

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAA28sfKmiY

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
So there's like inner city dirt-bike hooligans in Baltimore? Awesome :awesome:?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC212V
Nov 17, 2006

by Eris Is Goddess

TheChimney posted:

I don't get why they'd seize the bike. Just because you speed down a highway doesn't mean they can steal your car, does it? What if they were driving a Ferrari Enzo, would they suddenly get to keep a million dollar supercar?