Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Susano-maku da!
Nov 12, 2003

Hi. Did you order the Mongolian… Beef?
Oh. Well now *I* regret not bidding on it just to make up a obviously fake story about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasantlyGhetto
May 14, 2004
1980s Laney AOR 100

[cab isn't mine]

Uncle Caveman
Jun 16, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.
The Girlfriend's upcoming birthday present. I'm going to make an acrylic pickguard & trussrod cover with her name and some sappy message painted on it. :3:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Engine Fortegue
Feb 1, 2004

strap me down they must sedate me

poke me prod me irritate me

Uncle Caveman posted:

The Girlfriend's upcoming birthday present. I'm going to make an acrylic pickguard & trussrod cover with her name and some sappy message painted on it. :3:

You are a very good boyfriend.

Uncle Caveman
Jun 16, 2006

Pff, if I really loved her, I'd have bought her a Gretsch. :pleaseno:

I thank God that she likes guitars more than jewelry.

Wooley
Jan 11, 2005

i can't read metal font

this is SO COOL. i need one, if only for the feedbacker :fap:

PleasantlyGhetto
May 14, 2004

Wooley posted:

this is SO COOL. i need one, if only for the feedbacker :fap:

drat man. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you get that for? I can never find those.

Optimus Dayv
Dec 13, 2006
I bought myself one of these after seeing it in a local small guitar shop and falling in love with it. Some really hate this style but I think it gives good blues tone. It's the Danelectro DC-59......my one is purple.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Uncle Caveman posted:

I love this guitar. It is my best friend. :3:

vac
Jul 10, 2005
:o

(NOT MINE)
I've had this (an Antonio Aparicio AA 10) for a few weeks now but have just recently been able to really play on it with the start of my flamenco lessons. It was $300 something since I bought a righty model and the shop owner was kind enough to left-ify it for me. It's got a nice sound and good construction, I would definitely recommend it.

Wooley
Jan 11, 2005

i can't read metal font

PleasantlyGhetto posted:

drat man. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you get that for? I can never find those.

haven't actually bought it yet (waiting for a paycheck), but you can usually find a few on eBay at any given time for around $80-100. that's where i plan to pick mine up :)

Lil Danzig
Mar 1, 2007
My T-40 is here and it plays amazingly!

Only a couple small issues... It's a recent home refinish job and there are a couple of blobs on the back, but nothing really noticable. The neck's smooth and flawless and it's still got all original hardware. For some reason, the dude shipped it with round wounds, so I'll be switching those out ASAP, but amazingly enough, the thing is already set up perfectly, even after making the trip out. Yay!

Susano-maku da!
Nov 12, 2003

Optimus Dayv posted:

I bought myself one of these after seeing it in a local small guitar shop and falling in love with it. Some really hate this style but I think it gives good blues tone. It's the Danelectro DC-59......my one is purple.

Oh man. I want a Dano U-2 or U-3 so bad. The Danos all sound so unique.

timmo
May 29, 2004

Lil Danzig posted:

My T-40 is here and it plays amazingly!

That looks great, how does it play? The neck looks like a tree trunk!

Lil Danzig
Mar 1, 2007

timmo posted:

That looks great, how does it play? The neck looks like a tree trunk!

Pretty nice so far. I dropped it off at home at lunch and I'm back at work so I haven't had a real long time with it yet, but the neck feels great so far. It's a little narrower than what I'm used to, unfortunately, but it plays really fast and it feels sturdy as anything.

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

:guitar::gizz:

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

:haw:

BIN of $350 for a mid-80's MIJ Fender Telecaster with speed holes? Hell Yes!

Susano-maku da!
Nov 12, 2003

Handen posted:

:haw:

BIN of $350 for a mid-80's MIJ Fender Telecaster with speed holes? Hell Yes!

HAHAHA

I shoulda known a goon bought this!!

I saw this auction and another guy in this thread bid on it and lost out. We were making fun of the fact that the holes were made by the guy shooting the tele with a .22 on purpose.

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

Susano-maku da! posted:

HAHAHA

I shoulda known a goon bought this!!

I saw this auction and another guy in this thread bid on it and lost out. We were making fun of the fact that the holes were made by the guy shooting the tele with a .22 on purpose.

Yeah, I think that was me you're talking about. I didn't bid on it last time, but the guy who won it last time turned out to be a deadbeat bidder. I messaged the seller and said "Hello, if the guy who won the last auction is a deadbeat bidder, please let me know if and when you re-list this item."

He messaged me this afternoon. :haw:

Uncle Caveman
Jun 16, 2006

Handen posted:

If there's one guitar I'd use as cover in a gunfight, it's a Tele. :clint:

dephconn
Oct 10, 2003

mono posted:

:guitar::gizz:

I played with one of these for like an hour at a music store but just couldn't justify the price tag. They're loving amazing

Engine Fortegue
Feb 1, 2004

Uncle Caveman posted:

If there's one guitar I'd use as cover in a gunfight, it's a Tele. :clint:

Kind makes me wanna take my project axe down to the range for some "upgrades"

edit: Are the bullets still in the body?

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

Engine Fortegue posted:

Kind makes me wanna take my project axe down to the range for some "upgrades"

edit: Are the bullets still in the body?

No they went straight through.

edit: :awesome: ▼▼▼▼

XYZAB fucked around with this message at 18:27 on May 12, 2007

Uncle Caveman
Jun 16, 2006

Handen posted:

No they went straight through.
Well then never mind. <:mad:>

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe

That's right. :2bong:

Cynicide
Jun 13, 2002

Born from a wish

Yoozer posted:

That's right. :2bong:

Is that two dx7's?

Optimus Dayv
Dec 13, 2006

Susano-maku da! posted:

Yeh they play very nicely and are pretty rare to come across. The guy at my local shop let me take it home before I had paid for it because my family has been shopping there for a while. HOW NICE IS THAT GUY!!!!!! He even gave me a discount, saying that he was hoping noone would buy it and that after hearing me play I was worthy. I felt pretty awesome about the whole thing. Good luck to you on your Danelectro quest.

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe

Cynicide posted:

Is that two dx7's?

Yup.

Okay, let's do this right:

Due to lack of a stand, the 2nd DX7 is no longer included in the picture. Yeah, me, the luck git, picked this mint babe up. (top one is a DX7 mkII with floppy drive).

Secret Machine
Jun 20, 2005

What the Hell?

Okay, I go to work last night and what do I find in my locker?

Why, it's a distortion pedal that was put out of production since the 80's. I asked my co-worker who used to play if he had any old pedals lying around and he gave me this SD-9 for free. Still works too! The tone is great, right now I've got it to sound like S.C.I.E.N.C.E. era Incubus. The only problem is that when it's off the volume drops to a whisper. I think something is wrong with the bypass.

And now that I don't have to spend anything for a good distortion, I went and got this too for a $165 off American Musical Supply. I can't wait till it arrives. I'm going to play with the feedback knob for hours.

Kekkoslovakia
Dec 21, 2004

by mons all madden
heehee

must... get... second... panel...

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Secret Machine posted:

And now that I don't have to spend anything for a good distortion, I went and got this too for a $165 off American Musical Supply. I can't wait till it arrives. I'm going to play with the feedback knob for hours.

Are you sure you don't mean the Stereo Memory Man? I don't see the DMM selling for anything less than $300 new anywhere.

Secret Machine
Jun 20, 2005

What the Hell?

bisticles posted:

Are you sure you don't mean the Stereo Memory Man? I don't see the DMM selling for anything less than $300 new anywhere.

Yeah, normally you can't get a deluxe for that cheap. american musical supply had a dented/scratched unit they were trying to get rid of. i lucked out finding a deluxe for nearly half the original list price.

now i need to take the money i saved on the DMM and try to fix the DS-9. it was working find on a 9-volt battery but then i plugged it into a power adapter and killed the fucker. now it doesn't play at all. any suggestions?

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

HumanSpeedBump posted:

heehee

what in the everliving gently caress is that

the wizards beard
Apr 15, 2007
Reppin

4 LIFE 4 REAL
Looks like a big ole analog synth.

Kekkoslovakia
Dec 21, 2004

by mons all madden

plester1 posted:

what in the everliving gently caress is that

A custom-built panel full of modular analog goodness, built by a friend mostly from Music from Outer Space kits.

Lord Fizzlebottom
May 3, 2005

I will show you wonderful, terrible things

Susano-maku da! posted:

I replaced the pickups, switch, controls, bridge, and tuning machines.

It sounds loving amazing now. You should be able to grab a pretty cheap one somewhere like ebay.

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

HumanSpeedBump posted:

heehee

I my god I want it ungggg:flashfap:

FlossMan
Oct 19, 2005

No, I can't. Too much hair.

Lord Fizzlebottom posted:

It sounds loving amazing now. You should be able to grab a pretty cheap one somewhere like ebay.

Oh, you loving tease...

I've always had a hard-on for Danos, and I don't know why.

Engine Fortegue
Feb 1, 2004

Lord Fizzlebottom posted:

I love everything about Danelectros except for the bridges. I'm sure it sounds wonderful though and that's the point!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Susano-maku da!
Nov 12, 2003

Actually, that's one other thing... how much did you pay for the Dano?

I've seen craigslist postings in loving Seattle that sell them for dirt cheap (one for 50 bucks, the other 150 WITH THE GODDDAMN HARD CASE). But other than that, it's always more than 200.