Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Antagon posted:

Ok I'll bite.

The movie was about a robot that goes crazy and kills starts killing people (original!)
I remember it being a simple robot, I specifically remember it crushing a guy under a car, swinging a saw blade into someones leg(?), and keeping a mother trapped in a corner with a bunch of lasers.

Saw the movie on TV, i'd say....10 years ago?

Big thanks to anyone who knows this, it's been slowly eating away at the back of my brain for years now

I havent seen any more than the trailer, but it sounds kinda like Chopping Mall
But there are probably millions of post-Short Circuit killer robot movies.

The best of which is Runaway with Tom Selleck, Kirstie Alley and Gene Simmons as the bad guy.
Its loving awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zombieman
Aug 8, 2003

That's one happy fucking egg!

Antagon posted:

Ok I'll bite.

The movie was about a robot that goes crazy and kills starts killing people (original!)
I remember it being a simple robot, I specifically remember it crushing a guy under a car, swinging a saw blade into someones leg(?), and keeping a mother trapped in a corner with a bunch of lasers.

Big thanks to anyone who knows this, it's been slowly eating away at the back of my brain for years now

Sounds like it could be Evolver:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112993/

Antagon
Sep 16, 2005
ECTO-1, I looked up Runaway and watched the trailer, def. not it, thanks though

zombieman, the description for Evolver sounds like it may be it, but I can't find a trailer or anything to confirm, but i'll keep looking.

Thanks for the suggestions

zombieman
Aug 8, 2003

That's one happy fucking egg!

Antagon posted:

ECTO-1, I looked up Runaway and watched the trailer, def. not it, thanks though

zombieman, the description for Evolver sounds like it may be it, but I can't find a trailer or anything to confirm, but i'll keep looking.

Thanks for the suggestions

I've had a hunt myself, but no luck on the trailer front. Do you remember a scene where the robot fires ball bearings everywhere, and someone takes a nasty fall on them?

squeegee
Jul 22, 2001

Bright as the sun.
I just saw Rebel Without a Cause for the first time in years and now it's driving me crazy trying to remember some lovely old movie that I watched (probably on MST3k) that completely rips off the plot/ending. In fact, I think the last scene might even have been filmed at the same location, or at least a very similar one. I looked through my collection but I can't seem to find it. Does anyone know what this is?

I seem to remember that in the lovely movie, there was some kind of chase that led the characters ("bad" kids) up to the outside of some building that looked remarkably like the planetarium in Rebel Without a Cause, and then they ran around some more and eventually one of them got shot or stabbed or something and a cop made some sober, head-shaking remark and then the credits rolled.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

squeegee posted:

I just saw Rebel Without a Cause for the first time in years and now it's driving me crazy trying to remember some lovely old movie that I watched (probably on MST3k) that completely rips off the plot/ending. In fact, I think the last scene might even have been filmed at the same location, or at least a very similar one. I looked through my collection but I can't seem to find it. Does anyone know what this is?

I seem to remember that in the lovely movie, there was some kind of chase that led the characters ("bad" kids) up to the outside of some building that looked remarkably like the planetarium in Rebel Without a Cause, and then they ran around some more and eventually one of them got shot or stabbed or something and a cop made some sober, head-shaking remark and then the credits rolled.

Searching for movies filmed at Griffith Observatory revealed this possibility: Teenage Crime Wave.

squeegee
Jul 22, 2001

Bright as the sun.

FitFortDanga posted:

Searching for movies filmed at Griffith Observatory revealed this possibility: Teenage Crime Wave.

Huh... that must be it, because I have that episode, but when I checked it I didn't see the obseratory so I assumed it must have been a different movie. All the low budget juvenile delinquent films are kind of the same so it's hard to tell them apart. I guess maybe I am misremembering the placement of the scene. Thanks!

EDIT: It also seems to be have been released only a month after Rebel Without a Cause... it must have been intentional, though? A month seems like an awfully short time but it's not like the movie has the best production quality and the ending could have been tacked on.

squeegee fucked around with this message at 23:36 on May 16, 2007

Antagon
Sep 16, 2005

zombieman posted:

I've had a hunt myself, but no luck on the trailer front. Do you remember a scene where the robot fires ball bearings everywhere, and someone takes a nasty fall on them?

Not really, guess i'll have to see if the local video stores have a copy, thanks again!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
I believe on Comedy Central they had this movie on, I'd say 80s. Anyway the main character is talking about all the martians around them, and he's in a mental institute. I don't remember if the institute people could see the martians but he could. Basically he talks about how they were making GBS threads everything up. One scene he's loving his girlfriend and the martians pop up out of nowhere to watch. I think the martians were dressed sort of like blue man group only not blue and with tinfoil hats or something. At the end he figures out how to get rid of em, by playing a song on the piano or something

Second ID is for a commercial. A guy says to a woman something to the effect of "He wants you for your money!" and she replies "he wants me for my body!"

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Martians Go Home(1990)
I've never seen it but I remember the cover from when I'd rent movies as a kid.

EDIT: whats with you guys not finding the titles of movies which have the subject matter IN the titles?
Typing "martians" into imdb brings you right to it.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 10:30 on May 18, 2007

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Alan Smithee posted:

I believe on Comedy Central they had this movie on, I'd say 80s. Anyway the main character is talking about all the martians around them, and he's in a mental institute. I don't remember if the institute people could see the martians but he could. Basically he talks about how they were making GBS threads everything up. One scene he's loving his girlfriend and the martians pop up out of nowhere to watch. I think the martians were dressed sort of like blue man group only not blue and with tinfoil hats or something. At the end he figures out how to get rid of em, by playing a song on the piano or something

I'm thinking this might be a movie that had a set of horrible B and C-level stand up comics playing green painted martians. I can't remember the movie at all for the life of me.

Might be your movie, but I can't find the title to save my life. The movie I saw was horrendously lovely, so unless you're going to inflict that pain on someone else, I can't see I'm doing you a favor in answering it. Unfortunately, the title will haunt me until I figure it out.

Edit: Thank god he got it while I left the editing window open to GIS it. lovely, lovely, lovely MOVIE.

Jonny
Dec 31, 2005

A British film I saw on t.v one time. It was about two young guys, around 19 or so, who decide they've had enough with life and make a list of things to do before they kill themselves.

They do all of the things and jump off a cliff but they emerge from the water at the end.

Ive completely forgotten the name, anybody know?

Run
Oct 14, 2005

by Lowtax
This is a fairly recent and popular movie I think but I'm having trouble finding it because I recall so little about it - all i remember is these two details:

• The central premise of the film is luck and the main character is a guy who's absurdly lucky
  • The trailer for the film briefly showed a scene in which the guy is driving down a road through a city at night, and all the traffic lights turn to green at once (as though to drive home the point that he's absurdly lucky)

VVVVVVVV no its definitely more recent than that, also I found a trailer for 29th street and its very different

Run fucked around with this message at 17:36 on May 21, 2007

Sizzlechest
May 7, 2007

Run posted:

This is a fairly recent and popular movie I think but I'm having trouble finding it because I recall so little about it - all i remember is these two details:

• The central premise of the film is luck and the main character is a guy who's absurdly lucky
  • The trailer for the film briefly showed a scene in which the guy is driving down a road through a city at night, and all the traffic lights turn to green at once (as though to drive home the point that he's absurdly lucky)

It might be 29th Street.

Henmania
Nov 7, 2006
Lazy to the point of disability

Run posted:

I think this might not be a movie at all, but an advert for Mercedes. It was in the style of a movie trailer (fooling a lot of people) and starred Benicio Del Toro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4A3lvKuJCo

antihero
Oct 11, 2004

ECTO-1 posted:

Martians Go Home(1990)
I've never seen it but I remember the cover from when I'd rent movies as a kid.

EDIT: whats with you guys not finding the titles of movies which have the subject matter IN the titles?
Typing "martians" into imdb brings you right to it.

Hahah this movie is crazy. Randy Quaid is crazy. If youtube was around back then, you can bet my brother and I would've made a music video to the Martian Hop song.

Run
Oct 14, 2005

by Lowtax

Henmania posted:

I think this might not be a movie at all, but an advert for Mercedes. It was in the style of a movie trailer (fooling a lot of people) and starred Benicio Del Toro.

Oh bastards. That's the one! Well, never mind then. Thanks guys!

JoeNotCharles
Mar 3, 2005

Yet beyond each tree there are only more trees.

Henmania posted:

That's really weird because the voiceover guy sounds so different from the standard movie trailer guys.

TheRiffie
Jan 31, 2006
I sleep down here sometimes.
Okay, I have been wanting to find out what the hell this movie was for a while now. I saw it when I was little, around the early 90s, and this is what I can remember. It may be a little innaccurate as I don't think I was paying a hell of a lot of attention at the time.

Basically there were these two boys, I think they were teenagers, and somehow they get transported to this world where there are trolls and poo poo. The only bit I really remember is that one of them falls down a hole or something and something grabs his hand. He thinks its the other boy so he looks up and is all "Thanks man" but it's actually this massive, white troll thing that just looks at him all "I'm gonna eat your face" and stuff. Yeah, I can't really remember a whole lot, but I remember that bit scaring the poo poo out of me and my parents turned the film off.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

TheRiffie posted:

Basically there were these two boys, I think they were teenagers, and somehow they get transported to this world where there are trolls and poo poo. The only bit I really remember is that one of them falls down a hole or something and something grabs his hand. He thinks its the other boy so he looks up and is all "Thanks man" but it's actually this massive, white troll thing that just looks at him all "I'm gonna eat your face" and stuff. Yeah, I can't really remember a whole lot, but I remember that bit scaring the poo poo out of me and my parents turned the film off.
You might be thinking of "The Pit", although it's not a perfect match to what you're describing (it would be one boy, and the trolls (trogs actually) are yellow).

Hmmm ... well, that's my 50/50 shot.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Is there a movie where a guy put his fingers to his head mimicking blowing his brains out but he actually does (with just his fingers)? I didn't see any but I wanna say it's from some Cronenberg movie

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Well theres the end of videodrome, but his hand is a gun and you dont see him blow his brains out.

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

David Byrne - Like Humans Do (Radio Edit).mp3
This is actually for an upcoming movie:

I saw a trailer for a movie when I went to go see Spiderman 3. It takes place in the 60's, with a group of friends. The main character, a painter, meets this blonde girl and they get together, etc. They all lay around carelessly until some of them get drafted, then things get tense between the painter and girl. Had a lot trippy sequences.

I've looked on all the upcoming movie lists I could find, and I can't find it anywhere. I think the name of the movie has three words, and in the trailer one of the vowels gets replaced by a strawberry or something.

Any help would be appreciated, I really want a friend of mine to see the trailer.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

androo posted:

This is actually for an upcoming movie:

I saw a trailer for a movie when I went to go see Spiderman 3. It takes place in the 60's, with a group of friends. The main character, a painter, meets this blonde girl and they get together, etc. They all lay around carelessly until some of them get drafted, then things get tense between the painter and girl. Had a lot trippy sequences.

I've looked on all the upcoming movie lists I could find, and I can't find it anywhere. I think the name of the movie has three words, and in the trailer one of the vowels gets replaced by a strawberry or something.

Any help would be appreciated, I really want a friend of mine to see the trailer.

It's Across the Universe, the Beatles movie.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2453017

Has links to the trailer and discussion.

Edit: :argh: Smeep, no strawberry fields for you... forever!

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

Alan Smithee posted:

Is there a movie where a guy put his fingers to his head mimicking blowing his brains out but he actually does (with just his fingers)? I didn't see any but I wanna say it's from some Cronenberg movie

I think there was a Kids in the Hall skit or some other similar show where a guy walks around shooting people with his hands and making gun noises, then it ends with him shooting himself.

Camping.. Intense!
May 18, 2005

Absolutely
Grimey Drawer
I have a few Strange Foreign (i think) Films i would like to get identified?

The one i remember the least vaguely was about different stages of this man's life, like about 8 years or so? It showed him as a young boy, sneaking into this womans house when she was asleep and touching her. Then as a late teenager but he had really bad acne/disfiguration and he was at some sort of prom type thing, but no girls would dance with him.. And there was some slutty girl who was having sex with anybody in the car park, but she wouldnt have sex with him. And then there might have been another stage in-between but i remember there was one when he was old and homeless i think? And he finds this girl he was in love with at school but she is dead and i think he has sex with her?

There was another one about this guy who gets married to this really hot woman, but she is wondering why he doesnt have sex with her, turns out he is waiting till she falls asleep then he has sex with her feet.. i really just need to know if this is a real movie, or if it was just some creepy dream i had.. But yeah im pretty sure it was a movie, the guy was a recluse or something, cant really be sure..

There was another one, something to do with boxing, and a womens locker room i think? And lots of nakedness? There was something really strange about this movie too, but i cant remember it, i think it had a lot to do with drugs somehow.. hmm
I am pretty sure the leading man was a boxer (or maybe ex-boxer) that had a drug problem and punched his wife (girlfriend?) till she was nearly dead, then i think she killed him.. Definitely a Foreign film though (european)

Yeah not the best explanation on the last one i guess, i will try to think harder.

Camping.. Intense! fucked around with this message at 08:02 on May 24, 2007

Grapefruit Pulp
Jan 20, 2006

PULP CAN MOVE BABY

Camping.. Intense! posted:

There was another one, something to do with boxing, and a womens locker room i think? And lots of nakedness? There was something really strange about this movie too, but i cant remember it, i think it had a lot to do with drugs somehow.. hmm

This might be Any Given Sunday http://imdb.com/title/tt0146838/

Lil Danzig
Mar 1, 2007

Camping.. Intense! posted:

There was another one, something to do with boxing, and a womens locker room i think? And lots of nakedness? There was something really strange about this movie too, but i cant remember it, i think it had a lot to do with drugs somehow..

I'm guessing it had to do with molesting sleeping women and their feet or something.

Hello, creepy post.

cyberbabe
Sep 28, 2005

darlin' it's better
down where it's wetter
take it from me
There's this "scary" movie I remember seeing as a young kid (had to be late 80s early 90s) with this little monster dude. He was so small I think he hid in a hole in the wall, like a mouse hole, that I believe he made himself. I really can't remember details, but I know there was an orange tabby or something in the movie that has a hand (or paw really :haw:) in killing the furry creature. I think he gets chopped up into tiny bits by a fan blade or something.

Does anyone remember this movie??

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!
I saw a movie on TV, I'm pretty sure it was black and white. I forget the first part, but at least in the middle and in the end, the main character is trying to make sure this particular model of plane is safe, because he thinks that the tail will rip off after 10,000 hours of flight time. I've googled all over but I can never remember enough details to make it work. :(

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

oldbrownshoe posted:

There's this "scary" movie I remember seeing as a young kid (had to be late 80s early 90s) with this little monster dude. He was so small I think he hid in a hole in the wall, like a mouse hole, that I believe he made himself. I really can't remember details, but I know there was an orange tabby or something in the movie that has a hand (or paw really :haw:) in killing the furry creature. I think he gets chopped up into tiny bits by a fan blade or something.

Does anyone remember this movie??

This is one of the episodes of Cat's Eye, the one with a young Drew Barrymore.
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0088889/

Whilst farting I
Apr 25, 2006

I remember seeing a film on USA Up All Night some time in the early 90s about some kind of monster loose on an island, and there was a small crew of people that managed to get to it without realizing there was a problem. The only scene I remember distinctly is with one or two people entering a seemingly-empty laboratory and going through a door, and we see the monster attack them from a first-person perspective, but not the aftermath. I'm pretty sure it was some kind of genetic mutation that killed the original inhabitants, but that's all I've got.

TheRiffie posted:

That scene is definitely in Ernest Scared Stupid

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0101821/

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Fab Boner posted:

I remember seeing a film on USA Up All Night some time in the early 90s about some kind of monster loose on an island, and there was a small crew of people that managed to get to it without realizing there was a problem. The only scene I remember distinctly is with one or two people entering a seemingly-empty laboratory and going through a door, and we see the monster attack them from a first-person perspective, but not the aftermath. I'm pretty sure it was some kind of genetic mutation that killed the original inhabitants, but that's all I've got.

Matango: Attack of the Mushroom People? I can't remember if there was a first-person perspective scene or not, but some of the details match.

Whilst farting I
Apr 25, 2006

FitFortDanga posted:

Matango: Attack of the Mushroom People? I can't remember if there was a first-person perspective scene or not, but some of the details match.

I think the actors were American and from what I remember it had an 80s or early 90s feel, but my memory is really fuzzy and I've been meaning to see that one for a while anyway. Thanks!

02-6611-0142-1
Sep 30, 2004

I saw a scene from this movie on an episode of "Japanorama" but don't know enough about the plot to identify it from imdb or whatever.

It's either by Beat Takeshi or Miike Takeshi, and it involves a ridiculous gunfight over a game of ping pong where one of the combatants had rigged up an enormous sawblade to fly out of the wall while his opponent is distracted.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

02-6611-0142-1 posted:

I saw a scene from this movie on an episode of "Japanorama" but don't know enough about the plot to identify it from imdb or whatever.

It's either by Beat Takeshi or Miike Takeshi, and it involves a ridiculous gunfight over a game of ping pong where one of the combatants had rigged up an enormous sawblade to fly out of the wall while his opponent is distracted.
City of Lost Souls.

02-6611-0142-1
Sep 30, 2004

Action Jacktion posted:

City of Lost Souls.

thank you!

seglda
Apr 10, 2005
A family (2 parents, one boy one girl) end up in a ghost town because they ran out of gas. The mom lowers the daughter in a well and see, toys (I think).

Meanwhile the dad and the son try to find gas and they see a place with vitrified sand where nuclear experiments were done. Then, they see a car graveyard and something that makes a lot of dust runs towards them.

That's all I can remember.

Does that ring a bell with anyone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PonchtheJedi
Feb 20, 2004

Still got some work to do...

Antagon posted:

Ok I'll bite.

Is it possible that you're looking for the 1990 movie Hardware? I haven't seen it in a very, very long time, but I know it has buzzsaws and lasers,and it's low budget so the robot would've been simple.

Here is a review site with some pics to see if it helps : http://www.cyberpunkreview.com/movie/decade/1990-1999/hardware/