Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uncle Caveman
Jun 16, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.
I'm just mad for obsolete electronics; I simply adore them. :whip:

Coming soon:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Fizzlebottom
May 3, 2005

I will show you wonderful, terrible things

Susano-maku da! posted:

Actually, that's one other thing... how much did you pay for the Dano?

I've seen craigslist postings in loving Seattle that sell them for dirt cheap (one for 50 bucks, the other 150 WITH THE GODDDAMN HARD CASE). But other than that, it's always more than 200.

It was a straight trade for a piece of poo poo Squier Strat that I refused to play anymore. This was several years ago, just after the reissues came out. 1998 maybe? they probably sold for $299 back then, i think.

Susano-maku da!
Nov 12, 2003

Hi. Did you order the Mongolian… Beef?

Lord Fizzlebottom posted:

It was a straight trade for a piece of poo poo Squier Strat that I refused to play anymore. This was several years ago, just after the reissues came out. 1998 maybe? they probably sold for $299 back then, i think.

There's only one appropriate answer to this. :mad:

Seriously, I don't know where the hell people are selling these things, but it's definitely not on ebay. They're jacked up to the mid to upper $200s.

Strange thing, though, is yours made completely of plastic? I've seen an all wood and an all-plastic Dano U2. I think the wood one was the 56 Pro Reissue.

Lord Fizzlebottom
May 3, 2005

Susano-maku da! posted:

There's only one appropriate answer to this. :mad:

Seriously, I don't know where the hell people are selling these things, but it's definitely not on ebay. They're jacked up to the mid to upper $200s.

Strange thing, though, is yours made completely of plastic? I've seen an all wood and an all-plastic Dano U2. I think the wood one was the 56 Pro Reissue.

Mine is made of masonite inside and some sort of composite material outside. The neck is maple, the fingerboard is rosewood. With the replacement GFS pickups and other various parts, it sounds absolutely amazing for a Dano. I really really enjoy playing it now

Capitan Dad
May 16, 2007

shemaghs are so gay its like smegma hahaha
Well, I pretty well had to register account after I got a new guitar today.

Danelectro DC-3 in sparkle blue.

Capitan Dad fucked around with this message at 00:28 on May 17, 2007

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Capitan Dad posted:

Welcome to the forums!

Just FYI, you should rehost that image on something else, like waffleimages.com for example. Folks don't take kindly to image leeching 'round these parts.

JohnnySmitch
Oct 20, 2004

Don't touch me there - Noone has that right.

Capitan Dad posted:

Nice! I've got the same model, but in black sparkle. Snagged mine off of ebay a few years back for an even $100 with a [beat to hell] hardshell case.

Lord Fizzlebottom posted:

With the replacement GFS pickups and other various parts, it sounds absolutely amazing for a Dano. I really really enjoy playing it now

Are the GFS lipsticks really a big step up from the stock ones? I think my Dano is the only guitar I have that I haven't changed anything on. Unless you count the scratchy input jack I replaced.

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy
Fender John 5 custom Telecaster.
It's going to be my birthday treat.

Lord Fizzlebottom
May 3, 2005

JohnnySmitch posted:

Are the GFS lipsticks really a big step up from the stock ones? I think my Dano is the only guitar I have that I haven't changed anything on. Unless you count the scratchy input jack I replaced.

absolutely, yes. and they're entirely too inexpensive not to buy if you have the option. Get the slightly hotter set (8k bridge, 6k neck). They still give the guitar the very distinctive bell-like Dano sound, but with much more meat. I think the upgraded electronics I installed also helped a ton.

slax0r
May 7, 2004

I went to my local drum shop (Tommy's in Austin) to pick up a $0.45 felt washer and ended up with a new cymbal. Hey, it happens.

No camera, but I purchased a Zildjian 10" A Splash.

Band mates don't know about it yet, and we've got a gig tonight. Can't wait to surprise them. :)

dephconn
Oct 10, 2003

RangerScum posted:

Fender John 5 custom Telecaster.
It's going to be my birthday treat.

The headstock on that thing looks SOOOO unnatural! And huge!

ptah
Apr 12, 2002

radiohead sucks

Duckrasta posted:

I bought a Marshall JCM2000 TSL head yesterday.

Wanna sell your 5150?

Puke Rock
Jul 23, 2005

drive my car into the ocean
I snapped up a Yamaha Portasound PSS-480 for $10 at a garage sale on the weekend. Came with a gold carrying case, works like a charm with line-out, MIDI-in, and MIDI-out.

(not my picture)

It's great because it's kind of "pro-sumer", not too complicated to still be expensive, and not too basic to justify bending it. I'm loving the killer bass sounds I can get out of it, and combined with my delay pedal, I'm making a cool ambient chill dance...thing.

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

HumanSpeedBump posted:

heehee

must... get... second... panel...

This is pretty sweet, pretty comparable to the synthesizers.com set up I have going at the moment. How much did it end up setting you two back in terms of both parts and labor time?

Kekkoslovakia
Dec 21, 2004

by mons all madden

toadee posted:

This is pretty sweet, pretty comparable to the synthesizers.com set up I have going at the moment. How much did it end up setting you two back in terms of both parts and labor time?

I paid about $1150 for it including labour and a Blacet power supply, which easily has enough to give for another panel as well.

Forgot to say, I dunno if it shows in the picture, but that whole panel is just 19" wide in total. The jacks used are 3,5mm instead of 1/4".

Kekkoslovakia fucked around with this message at 11:45 on May 18, 2007

mofolotopo
May 10, 2004

TICK STAMPEDE!!!!

Uncle Caveman posted:

I'm just mad for obsolete electronics; I simply adore them. :whip:

Oh man, you and me both. I used to have a little drum machine called the Memphis Blue Beat.

It was built into something that looked like a guitar pedal, and was just the most hilariously lo-fi boop-bippity-boop-boop-bip rhythm section I've ever heard. It was like having a game of Pong for your percussion section. I wish I hadn't sold that now. :(

mofolotopo fucked around with this message at 15:24 on May 17, 2007

PenguinBob
Oct 12, 2000
Oddly enough, thanks to a GBS thread making fun of the new facebook marketplace, I bought an old Yamaha F-35P from a girl at my school today. $80 with case, in great condition.

This is a different guitar, same model. Went and got some new strings for it, hopefully taking it in for a setup tomorrow after work. It's good to have a beater 6-string around.

PenguinBob fucked around with this message at 05:32 on May 18, 2007

Engine Fortegue
Feb 1, 2004

strap me down they must sedate me

poke me prod me irritate me

Not really "gear," but I bought some strings at Guitar Center today! A set of Elixer Polyweb Mediums for my Ibanez PF5ECE (Penelope), and a set of DR Red Devils for my '85 Cort Custom (Delia).

This is what I'm buying next:

A set of GFS Dream 90s. They're humbucker sized P90s with 8.4k at the bridge and 8.2k for the neck. Aren't they dreamy? :swoon:

These will be for Delia, her pickups are stock and honestly the blow chunks, plus a P90 equipped guitar is all I'm missing for my rig!

Lobster Johnson
Sep 23, 2004

jealous of the flies and the worms inside me
I've been eying off the Effector 13 range for my next pedal and whoop look what was just released:

"The octave fuzz from hell"

Happycat can sell me anything.

Messyass
Dec 23, 2003

That sounds like rear end, but I agree that it's tempting.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Engine Fortegue posted:

Not really "gear," but I bought some strings at Guitar Center today! A set of Elixer Polyweb Mediums for my Ibanez PF5ECE (Penelope), and a set of DR Red Devils for my '85 Cort Custom (Delia).

This is what I'm buying next:

A set of GFS Dream 90s. They're humbucker sized P90s with 8.4k at the bridge and 8.2k for the neck. Aren't they dreamy? :swoon:

These will be for Delia, her pickups are stock and honestly the blow chunks, plus a P90 equipped guitar is all I'm missing for my rig!

Wow! Those would look great on my black Les Paul. Maybe a matching pickguard, too.

juan chaos
Sep 3, 2006
Let It Die

Lobster Johnson posted:

I've been eying off the Effector 13 range for my next pedal and whoop look what was just released:

"The octave fuzz from hell"

Happycat can sell me anything.

devi ever is a member of a private gear forum I also hang out at. s/he always hangs out there with us so I can email you the url if you want to hang out with a few boutique pedal builders. I saw the Godzilla pedal a few weeks ago and I rolled my eyes pretty hard at the happycat pedal but I think his/her other graphic designs are better.

Wooley
Jan 11, 2005

i can't read metal font

cheap casio pt-80. something about summer being almost here makes me buy things :(

emilbus
May 30, 2001

Diduuh diduuh.

So much fun mashing as many effects as quickly as possible, glitching up everything.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

emilbus posted:

So much fun mashing as many effects as quickly as possible, glitching up everything.

Any chance you should record a video of exactly how one of those things works? It looks like a lot of fun.

beeble
Apr 27, 2004

BEEBLE 09.JUL.14

The glory of the many demands more TECH SUPPORT. I FEEL GLORIOUS!

Another B-stock Agile. Fat ST-1000, 200 bucks. One tiny little eyebrow sized scratch above the pickguard.

I loving love this thing. I don't think I need to change any parts on it.

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe

bisticles posted:

Any chance you should record a video of exactly how one of those things works? It looks like a lot of fun.

Youtube has several of 'm already :).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJMzes0KvSs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0vSOEkF5G4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbAaxwkTbLs

Alizee
Mar 2, 2006

"Heaven"
Oh my god yes. Paid a little for the down payment. Intending to pay for the rest very soon by trading in one of my saxaphones and putting down some more money. CANT WAIT.

Yum.

Evil the Cat
Oct 18, 2001

make that shit sound like rock music!
Got the RG550MXX, yellow. My girlfriend got me POD XT Live for our anniversary too. I am the happiest noob guitarist right now.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

qball
Aug 1, 2002

You could go and have a bite, and you'd still be hearin' that one.
My friends bought me this for my birthday yesterday. Thanks guys (goons) :dance:

Now I have to figure out where in the chain it sounds best.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
This isn't a pic I took myself, but I found it while browsing around for info on my recent purchase, and it's the identical twin of the one I bought, so I figured I'd use it.

Epiphone SG (believe it's the 2005 Custom shop model). I finally decided to get serious and learn to play guitar. I've always loved the SG models, and I really got it for a steal. From what I gather, it initially retailed at something like $450, then it dropped down to somewhere around $250-300...

...and I got it for $100. Mine has a couple of minor dings in the front, and some neck damage (which admittedly looks scary). However, for a learner's guitar, I figure it was just right, and I know some people who might have a connection or two who might be able to help me get the neck fixed (hopefully) without costing a fortune.

Engine Fortegue
Feb 1, 2004

qball posted:

My friends bought me this for my birthday yesterday. Thanks guys (goons) :dance:

Now I have to figure out where in the chain it sounds best.

I'd throw it in near the end of your chain, after wahs and distortions but before delays. I've got mine set up:

Guitar > Distortion A > Distortion B > Wah > Chorus > Delay > Amp

I personally think it sounds better to delay my chorus instead of chorusing a delayed signal, but really it's all personal preference so in retrospect I'm not sure why I wrote this reply. :sweatdrop:

qball
Aug 1, 2002

You could go and have a bite, and you'd still be hearin' that one.

Engine Fortegue posted:

Guitar > Distortion A > Distortion B > Wah > Chorus > Delay > Amp

Minus the Delay, that's how I had it set up yesterday and it sounded good. Thanks :)

StealThisAlias
Apr 5, 2007

\m/ Fear the lawnmower \m/
i just purchased a line 6 spider III 75 watt combo amp, 400 presets, 12 amp models, 6 effects, built in tuner, and i really enjoy using it for practice.

unixbeard
Dec 29, 2004

Second hand Mackie 1202

I don't know why I didn't get one of these earlier. I have the resonator on aux 1 and a virus input/output pair on aux 2. Sex.

I also got a new chair!

reversefungi
Nov 27, 2003

Master of the high hat!

emilbus posted:

Is that complicated at all to set up and start using? It looks unbelievably fun to just play around with.

emilbus
May 30, 2001

Diduuh diduuh.

The Dark Wind posted:

Is that complicated at all to set up and start using? It looks unbelievably fun to just play around with.

You press it and it goes. Seriously. Loading samples onto it is also a 2 click process in their software. It's also all metal, feels nice and solid. Definitely no buyers remorse here.

the wizards beard
Apr 15, 2007
Reppin

4 LIFE 4 REAL

Evil the Cat posted:

Got the RG550MXX, yellow. My girlfriend got me POD XT Live for our anniversary too. I am the happiest noob guitarist right now.

Well done on picking the yellow (coolest) one. I bet everyone else will go for the black, maybe the red.

Engine Fortegue
Feb 1, 2004

qball posted:

Minus the Delay, that's how I had it set up yesterday and it sounded good. Thanks :)

:hfive:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil the Cat
Oct 18, 2001

make that shit sound like rock music!

the wizards beard posted:

Well done on picking the yellow (coolest) one. I bet everyone else will go for the black, maybe the red.

Absolutely! That thing is fire.