Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheChimney
Jan 31, 2005

RC212V posted:

I don't get why they'd seize the bike. Just because you speed down a highway doesn't mean they can steal your car, does it? What if they were driving a Ferrari Enzo, would they suddenly get to keep a million dollar supercar?

I was under the impression that he was running from the cops which is a much bigger deal than speeding, but, on second thought, I don't know if running from the cops will get your vehicle seized. Of course, you shouldn't be allowed on the road if you're that dumb.

(Could you imagine showing up at a police auction with an Enzo on the block? That'd be pretty sweet)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GI Joe jobs
Jun 25, 2005

🎅🤜🤛👷

Uthor posted:

So there's like inner city dirt-bike hooligans in Baltimore? Awesome :awesome:?

I am sure it is a nuisance, but that looks like a lot of fun.

Revenant.Eagle
Oct 4, 2005

I know you think you thought you knew what you thought I said, but I'm not sure you understood what you thought I meant.
Mmmmm... how about some fresh trackday photos (from today!):

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

I don't think this has been posted in the thread:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtcd1kSdlQY

It's a video from Mail Call showing Marines on their diesel KLR650s doing sand training. :hellyeah:

Ravyn
May 8, 2002

A journey never truly has an end...

rope kid posted:

I don't think this has been posted in the thread:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtcd1kSdlQY

It's a video from Mail Call showing Marines on their diesel KLR650s doing sand training. :hellyeah:
Cooooooooooooooooool!

falling star
Oct 20, 2003

I'm not usually keen on off-road bikes, but that was :awesome:

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
i SO want one of those diesel marine bikes from milsurp.

RC212V
Nov 17, 2006

by Eris Is Goddess
Cleaned the bike off today, forgot the opposite side of the exhaust. No one can see it anyway unless crouching down:

Result from my recent parking lot encounter, where someone hit&ran my bike. The R&G Sliders worked amazingly well. Damage is as seen below and a scuffed up mirror:

Good 'ole JB Weld:

bung
Dec 14, 2004

Moto Czysz testing at Miller.

Sound Mr. Brown
Feb 21, 2005

The love of learning, the sequestered nooks,
And all the sweet serenity of books.

That was really cool. Wish he'd said a little more about how it's "totally different than a regular motorcycle".

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
If you had a choice between these listed bikes, to be used as a corner carver and kickass track bike, which would you choose?

1. Honda RC51
2. Suzuki TL1000

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

R-Type posted:

If you had a choice between these listed bikes, to be used as a corner carver and kickass track bike, which would you choose?

1. Honda RC51
2. Suzuki TL1000

One's more of a Sport-Tourer and one is an RC51. They're kind of in different leagues.

Why are you asking this in the picture thead anyways?

RC212V
Nov 17, 2006

by Eris Is Goddess
RC51 by a long shot. Beautifully strong, torquey engine. Completely uncomfortable to ride as a road bike though, from what I've read in reviews.

foxdeman
Jan 1, 2006

I hope I never have bike/car trouble in Corpus Christi, he spent half the video in the left break-down lane.

orinth
Apr 15, 2003

NFC WEST IS THE BEST

That thing is so sweet looking and sounding in person. They always do testing at trackdays here (in Portland).

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

foxdeman posted:

I hope I never have bike/car trouble in Corpus Christi, he spent half the video in the left break-down lane.

CC cops are notorious dicks. IIRC, there is still a huge fuckoff debate raging about this action. Cop is likely going to lose his job, and the city is probably going to lose the suit as well.

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006

R-Type posted:

1. Honda RC51
2. Suzuki TL1000

I'm assuming you mean the TL1000R and not the S. Regardless, the RC is still better. Very strong engine, looks mean as hell, and sounds like the end of the world. Very uncomfortable though, the seat is like a half inch thick piece of wood.

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

Infineon Ahoy!!

It was my first time to Infineon and I would highly recommend it to anyone who is able. As soon as you walk in you'll be strolling past the pits, neat.

Hey I've heard of these guys.

I wanna see this kids work permit.

More hot pit action.

Now to find a spot to watch the race.

That grassy knoll on the right should do nicely.

It was a great day full of great races. The elevation changes and the skill required to get around this track simply can't be conveyed through the TV broadcasts, it is simply amazing what these men do. I will definatly be coming back next year.

the file name says it all.

RC212V
Nov 17, 2006

by Eris Is Goddess
It figures the day after I wash my bike it rains terribly and it's dirtier now than when I cleaned it.

Cuchulainn
May 19, 2007
It's like hide and seek, only with guns.

poopzilla posted:

I wanna see this kids work permit.

I was posting to say that's Josh Herrin, but the filename tells me you already know. I did a trackday pitted across from him once, he was ridiculously fast, and off the track, he was playing a gameboy while his father and a mechanic made changes to his bike(s). Cool kid.

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

I was walking down pit lane during autographs and I said to myself "This kid looks like he's 12 years old. Why is he signing autographs? Oh, thats Josh Herrin!" Yeah, he was super cool, as a huge line was piling up, he just sat and talked to that kid for a good five minutes about why he liked motorcycles and such, a real cool guy.

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006
Man that MV race bike is the loving tits

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

iroc_dis posted:

Man that MV race bike is the loving tits

Indeed, I was fapping over those bikes all day. They had a very distinct sound too a lot throatier than the other I4's. We also witnessed Scassa control a MASSIVE tank slapper coming out of turn 2 it was :awesome:

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

Ravyn
May 8, 2002

What the?

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006
So on a scale of 1 to 10, how safe does this look? (Three 20-22 year old males, on an 03 gsxr1000, 03 gsxr600 and an 02 gsxr1000)

Ravyn
May 8, 2002

iroc_dis posted:

So on a scale of 1 to 10, how safe does this look? (Three 20-22 year old males, on an 03 gsxr1000, 03 gsxr600 and an 02 gsxr1000)

On a scale of 1 to 10 for "typicalness" I give it a 13. At least they got their brain buckets on!

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

iroc_dis posted:

So on a scale of 1 to 10

Looks like everyday riders...

I'm not even suprised or saddened to see people with no gear. I'm just glad they have a better chance of dieing. I hope they die and leave no genetics behind.

I mean, stereotypically, 18-30 year olds that only have bikes for the bling factor are mainly "Sup Bra" slinging douchetards. They can die. Also, 40-60 year old white male harley chrome polishers.

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006
As you probably guessed, all they do is stunt. I find it cute that they all had to get "gixxers."

edit// And not even competitive stunting or anything even resembling it. These are the "how long can I wheelie down a crowded highway" type

Ravyn
May 8, 2002

iroc_dis posted:

As you probably guessed, all they do is stunt. I find it cute that they all had to get "gixxers."

edit// And not even competitive stunting or anything even resembling it. These are the "how long can I wheelie down a crowded highway" type
Imagine that. The guys that do that on our highways here also use GSXRs. They're a good bike for it I guess.

Sometimes I wish my bike would come up at speed as easily as a literbike would, but that's just a dirty little secret.

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

Ravyn posted:

Sometimes I wish my bike would come up at speed as easily as a literbike would,
You just need one of these

Saukkis
May 16, 2003

Unless I'm on the inside curve pointing straight at oncoming traffic the high beams stay on and I laugh at your puny protest flashes.
I am Most Important Man. Most Important Man in the World.

Ravyn posted:

What the?
That's The Retriever.

TheFonz posted:

I'm not even suprised or saddened to see people with no gear. I'm just glad they have a better chance of dieing. I hope they die and leave no genetics behind.
Couple days ago I saw a guy driving a H-D VRSC with only one of those old style helmets that only go over the ears. What made it interesting was that he was wearing a suit. One can only hope their death is quick to minimize the burden on the health care system.

Braincloud
Sep 28, 2004

I forgot...how BIG...
A guy on the local MC forum caught this at our track. Thought you'd like to see and tell me what's wrong with this image.

By the way, that bike is moving...

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

What the hell happened to that midpipe?

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

Braincloud posted:

A guy on the local MC forum caught this at our track. Thought you'd like to see and tell me what's wrong with this image.

He was tackled by a flying cougar?

Pimp Cauldron
Aug 3, 2002

A twisted pictoral of phoenix, AZ

Braincloud posted:

GHOSTRIDE THE WHIP

Trident
Jun 18, 2004
We cook your meals, we drive your ambulances. We connect your calls, we guard you while you sleep. Do not... fuck with us.

Ravyn posted:

What the?

wouldn't that be really really harsh on the bike's brakes? I can't imagine the momentum you could build up only to be killed by a lack of the ability to stop.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Trident posted:

wouldn't that be really really harsh on the bike's brakes? I can't imagine the momentum you could build up only to be killed by a lack of the ability to stop.

Looks like the trailer wheels have disc brakes that should help.

Deadly Mongoose
May 27, 2006

Please give me terrible avatar that is awesome

Braincloud posted:

He left his wallet on the tail?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

I SWIFTLY PENETRATED YOUR MOMS MEAT TACO WHILE AGGRESSIVELY FONDLING THE UNDERSIDE OF YOUR DADS HAIRY BALLSACK, THEN RIPPED HIS SAUSAGE OFF AND RAMMED IT INTO YOUR MOMS TAILPIPE. I JIZZED FURIOUSLY, DEEP IN YOUR MOMS MEATY BURGER WHILE THRUSTING A ANSA MUFFLER UP MY GREASY TAILHOLE
Installed rear spools, tank guard and Akrapovic exhaust yesterday and washed and waxed the bike today. So picture time!