Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Whilst farting I
Apr 25, 2006

seglda posted:

A family (2 parents, one boy one girl) end up in a ghost town because they ran out of gas. The mom lowers the daughter in a well and see, toys (I think).

Meanwhile the dad and the son try to find gas and they see a place with vitrified sand where nuclear experiments were done. Then, they see a car graveyard and something that makes a lot of dust runs towards them.

That's all I can remember.

Does that ring a bell with anyone?

Do you remember when/where you saw this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

seglda posted:

A family (2 parents, one boy one girl) end up in a ghost town because they ran out of gas. The mom lowers the daughter in a well and see, toys (I think).

Meanwhile the dad and the son try to find gas and they see a place with vitrified sand where nuclear experiments were done. Then, they see a car graveyard and something that makes a lot of dust runs towards them.

That's all I can remember.

Does that ring a bell with anyone?

This sounds a bit like the Hills Have Eyes remake- could it be the original? (I haven't seen it)

--
Movie I saw on tv, probably in the early 90s. The gist of the story is that a nuclear war kicks off, and a group of people retreat down into a bunker somewhere in a city. After staying down there long enough (a month?), maybe with a radio getting the odd transmission, their food supply starts to run low, and they turn against each other (maybe get violent and kill).
*ending spoiler*
Eventually they decide to go outside and check things out, and find a whole crapload of media. The whole thing was a social experiment.

Pweller fucked around with this message at 01:54 on May 28, 2007

Sizzlechest
May 7, 2007

Imnsvale posted:

I saw a movie on TV, I'm pretty sure it was black and white. I forget the first part, but at least in the middle and in the end, the main character is trying to make sure this particular model of plane is safe, because he thinks that the tail will rip off after 10,000 hours of flight time. I've googled all over but I can never remember enough details to make it work. :(

No Highway In The Sky

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Pweller posted:

Movie I saw on tv, probably in the early 90s. The gist of the story is that a nuclear war kicks off, and a group of people retreat down into a bunker somewhere in a city. After staying down there long enough (a month?), maybe with a radio getting the odd transmission, their food supply starts to run low, and they turn against each other (maybe get violent and kill).
*ending spoiler*
Eventually they decide to go outside and check things out, and find a whole crapload of media. The whole thing was a social experiment.

Are you absolutely sure about the ending? Because otherwise it sounds a lot like Threads.

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

FitFortDanga posted:

Are you absolutely sure about the ending? Because otherwise it sounds a lot like Threads.

I'm positive it isn't Threads. This one was much more about the drama and social developments of these people stuck together in a confined space.

NickThorn
Jan 11, 2005

I'm fucking wild about KEYKEYs.
I saw a trailer within the past two years and it was an independent film about a man who is murdering a bunch of guys who, in the past as some sort of drunk prank or evil gang thing killed his sister or brother. I seem to remember something about a goat's head or a sheep's head. It could have been filmed in Ireland or England

zombieman
Aug 8, 2003

That's one happy fucking egg!

NickThorn posted:

I saw a trailer within the past two years and it was an independent film about a man who is murdering a bunch of guys who, in the past as some sort of drunk prank or evil gang thing killed his sister or brother. I seem to remember something about a goat's head or a sheep's head. It could have been filmed in Ireland or England

That sounds like it could be Dead Man's Shoes:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0419677/

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
I remember reading about a movie, think it's 70s era and French, about an apocalyptic turn of events and at the end a wife character winds up killing her husband and joining the anarchy

NickThorn
Jan 11, 2005

I'm fucking wild about KEYKEYs.

zombieman posted:

That sounds like it could be Dead Man's Shoes:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0419677/

Thank you very much, that is it.

invalid user
Nov 15, 2006

Shit's expensive, bro. Plus, fuck Lurdiak.

Alan Smithee posted:

I remember reading about a movie, think it's 70s era and French, about an apocalyptic turn of events and at the end a wife character winds up killing her husband and joining the anarchy

Week End by Jean-Luc Godard
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062480/

I KNEW I'd seen this before and spent like an hour searching for it.

Fantastic film.

I have a questionable one though.

I remember seeing it on a premium channel within the past 10 years... I remember it involved 2 or more people who worked in this massive office building in a metropolitan area. They had a bet between each other as to whether they could live only in the building for 30 days. Breathe only its recycled air, eat only its packaged food, etc.

Anyone?

invalid user fucked around with this message at 17:15 on May 30, 2007

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

invalid user posted:

Week End by Jean-Luc Godard
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062480/

I KNEW I'd seen this before and spent like an hour searching for it.

Fantastic film.

I have a questionable one though.

I remember seeing it on a premium channel within the past 10 years... I remember it involved 2 or more people who worked in this massive office building in a metropolitan area. They had a bet between each other as to whether they could live only in the building for 30 days. Breathe only its recycled air, eat only its packaged food, etc.

Anyone?

I believe that would be Waydowntown. :canada:

Cy
Jul 24, 2004

by Tiny Fistpump
I remember seeing a movie when I was a kid that was some kind of cartoon/animation. I think the movie was made for kids, but it had a pretty dark look/story for that. It involved mutants/aliens/something (the characters were blue skinned I think) running away from something towards some kind of cliche promised land.

I don't remember much about the plot beyond that but it had a very distinct atmosphere--there were tons of silences and the movie "felt" very dark.

I don't know if that's enough information :(

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Psi posted:

I remember seeing a movie when I was a kid that was some kind of cartoon/animation. I think the movie was made for kids, but it had a pretty dark look/story for that. It involved mutants/aliens/something (the characters were blue skinned I think) running away from something towards some kind of cliche promised land.

I don't remember much about the plot beyond that but it had a very distinct atmosphere--there were tons of silences and the movie "felt" very dark.

I don't know if that's enough information :(

When I think blue animation, I think Light Years or Fantastic Planet.
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0095525/
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0070544/

Cy
Jul 24, 2004

by Tiny Fistpump

Ape Agitator posted:

When I think blue animation, I think Light Years or Fantastic Planet.
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0095525/
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0070544/

Sadly, I don't think it's either of those. As I said, I'm pretty sure it was a movie geared for children. It was also mostly focused on the escape/voyage to the promised land, something neither one of those movies seems to do. The other thing is that the blue peple were the protagonists, not the enemies.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Psi posted:

Sadly, I don't think it's either of those. As I said, I'm pretty sure it was a movie geared for children. It was also mostly focused on the escape/voyage to the promised land, something neither one of those movies seems to do. The other thing is that the blue peple were the protagonists, not the enemies.

Outside of the meant for kids part your movie does sound almost exactly like Light Years. One other comes to mind though, it's one where the people are kept primitive to mine crystals on a wasteland planet by a gray skinned android warlord. Humanity in general has evolved into a typical space opera society outside of this planet. The slaves await a savior capable of weilding their hidden lightsaber ripoff weapon to lead them to freedom. It has 3D sequences, and the hero is joined by a Han Solo wannabe and a female android they reprogram. It came out on DVD not too long ago, I had never heard of it until that time, saw it for the first time just a few months ago. You should seek it out even if it's not the exact movie you're looking for.

Naturally my mind has blanked on its title just now. :(

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 08:08 on May 31, 2007

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

Sizzlechest posted:

No Highway In The Sky

You are my new best friend. :waycool:

invalid user
Nov 15, 2006

Shit's expensive, bro. Plus, fuck Lurdiak.

Pweller posted:

I believe that would be Waydowntown. :canada:

That's most certainly it! thank you =)

Wise Old Shitashi
Nov 5, 2003
What movie is the background image from this advertisement from?

A link to the imdb page would be much appreciated.

edit: link is :nws:

zombieman
Aug 8, 2003

Wise Old Shitashi posted:

What movie is the background image from this advertisement from?

A link to the imdb page would be much appreciated.

edit: link is :nws:

From the rather excellent The Beyond:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082307/

Wise Old Shitashi
Nov 5, 2003

zombieman posted:

From the rather excellent The Beyond:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082307/

Thank you kindly sir.

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:
It had a jungle tribe that held another captive, one secen they paint them blue and have them run towards the jungle while shooting arrows/hurling javalins at them as they ran, 2 at a time and had a warrior with a weapon at the end to get any people that made it past the projectiles.

One guy made it and stabbed the guy at the end and then the other people chased him through the jungle.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Incitatus posted:

It had a jungle tribe that held another captive, one secen they paint them blue and have them run towards the jungle while shooting arrows/hurling javalins at them as they ran, 2 at a time and had a warrior with a weapon at the end to get any people that made it past the projectiles.

One guy made it and stabbed the guy at the end and then the other people chased him through the jungle.

This is Apocalypto. Did you see a whole string of jungle movies all at once or something, because it's hard to lose that one in the shuffle so recently?

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:

Ape Agitator posted:

This is Apocalypto. Did you see a whole string of jungle movies all at once or something, because it's hard to lose that one in the shuffle so recently?

Nah it was playing on the screen at a club I went to. Thanks for the ID!

Akumu
Apr 24, 2003

Okay, this isn't a genuine movie but rather a television miniseries. It was late 80s/early 90s, set in some place like Malibu (palm trees, swimming pools, etc.). It was near future, with AI holograms walking around and poo poo (I think). And at some point there was a rhinoceros.

Any ideas?

thefunkygibbon
Jul 23, 2002
i gots a film that i watched as a youngun many years ago.

facts

• 80's film
  • star of the film starts off with having been on some kind of space-walk is exposed to the sun's "deadly rays" or something which gives him some kind of super powers
  • now back on earth every time the guy looks into the sun, the powers come back, which involve super human strenth and speed and general cool stuff like that.

Pantless Geek
May 25, 2007
The right hand is for abuse, but the left hand is discipline.
Posted this in GB until someone pointed me to this thread.

I watched only the middle portion of a movie a while ago, and some scenes just stuck in my head. I was wondering if any other goon could put a name to it for me.

There's 4 boys or so, like 12 or so, and they see a rich looking drunk guy come out of a bar and pass out. They see if he's concious, then proceed to help themselves to his billfold. They say something along the lines of 'there's ten dollars here, thats almost 4 apiece!'

I guess now is where I should point out the movie is likely filmed in the early eighties as a western with the lack of education and everything.

Shortly after, the lead kid exclaimed 'come on guys, lets head down to the (whorehouse) and lose us your virginuity.' <-- Not a typo. Absolute highlight of the film too. They proceed to have a hooker each in an old time brothel. The girls wouldn't let them until one exclaimed 'but look, we got two dollars'. They each get their own room, the camera pans along and we hear in the background 'its alright lad, I'll let you have another go' to one of the less strong-backboned boys.

Also I'm sure there was a plot somewhere in this movie. Something to do with a guy running an illegal still, and some mounties doing their horse thing. So I'm assuming its circa late 1800's early 1900's.

Anyone?

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Neo Rasa posted:

Outside of the meant for kids part your movie does sound almost exactly like Light Years. One other comes to mind though, it's one where the people are kept primitive to mine crystals on a wasteland planet by a gray skinned android warlord. Humanity in general has evolved into a typical space opera society outside of this planet. The slaves await a savior capable of weilding their hidden lightsaber ripoff weapon to lead them to freedom. It has 3D sequences, and the hero is joined by a Han Solo wannabe and a female android they reprogram. It came out on DVD not too long ago, I had never heard of it until that time, saw it for the first time just a few months ago. You should seek it out even if it's not the exact movie you're looking for.

Naturally my mind has blanked on its title just now. :(

Starchasers: Legend of Orin.

I loved that, back in the day.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Akumu posted:

Okay, this isn't a genuine movie but rather a television miniseries. It was late 80s/early 90s, set in some place like Malibu (palm trees, swimming pools, etc.). It was near future, with AI holograms walking around and poo poo (I think). And at some point there was a rhinoceros.

Any ideas?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wild_Palms

ChuckMaster
Jul 13, 2006

Evil baby bunnies cannot be fed solid food until after the first week.
Watched this on TV a few years ago. It's about a couple of kids that harbor some washed up gangster guy.

The older kid is a punk and a loser, but desperately wants to be a tough guy. He never does get the acceptance of the gangster.

One scene I remember is that he comes home telling the guy that he got some black dude on the subway to move by threatening to shoot him in his "black heart." The gangster yells at him, saying he shouldn't create these situations.

He then does a "training play" where he gets his brother to act like the clueless black dude taking up two seats, and the gangster plays a ball-less war veteran looking for a fee seat.

Also, the movie starts off with the punk kid robbing a guy on a park bench and slicing his arm, but then going back to tie the wound up.

Any help would be great.

Akumu
Apr 24, 2003

That certainly looks like it! Thanks!

zombieman
Aug 8, 2003

thefunkygibbon posted:

i gots a film that i watched as a youngun many years ago.

facts

• 80's film
  • star of the film starts off with having been on some kind of space-walk is exposed to the sun's "deadly rays" or something which gives him some kind of super powers
  • now back on earth every time the guy looks into the sun, the powers come back, which involve super human strenth and speed and general cool stuff like that.

Northstar:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091650/

Kaltag
Jul 29, 2003

WHAT HOMIE? I know dis ain't be all of it. How much of dat sweet crude you be holdin' out on me?
This old cartoon about a bunch of animals living on a farm(I think)

The characters are still used as the mascots for PAZ easter egg coloring kits and stuff.

The plot revolved around some farmer being turned into a machine.

Real old, mid-late 80's.

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.
Did these Indian movies ever get definitively identified?

Indian Thriller

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzJo7zVXQr0

Afro guy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FINtUwhwFY4

thefunkygibbon
Jul 23, 2002

zombieman posted:

Northstar:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091650/

ahhaha thanks a million. sounds about right... tv movie :( so i guess it would be hard to find (not that its probably worth it)
also Greg Evigan :lol:

:edit: also , Dizzy loving rocks.

thefunkygibbon fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Jun 5, 2007

mastur
Mar 26, 2007

queefing the ice beard.
I saw this movie once as a child, (due to lack of responsible adults at the time, in fact, they rented for me when i picked it out), I was probably 6 or 7 maybe. It was a fantas movie about barbarians, specifically female barbarians.

Anyways, the leading actress gets captured, and some invading kingdom or whatever has her tortured. What I didn't realize at the time, was that it was torturing her by giving her really intense orgasms. I would love to see this horrible movie again, 15 years later.

I also vaguely remember some movie, but no one will guess it. I have always associated it with the name "Fright Night," but obviously it is the wrong one. In it, these people are invited to this mansion I believe, and they all go wandering off in different directions. One or two people go into this room, and are attacked by mud people.

It was scary to me at the time, being 5 years old, but it may very well have been a comedy or something other than a horror movie (hell, Ernest scared stupid scared the poo poo out of me).

thefunkygibbon
Jul 23, 2002

mastur posted:

I saw this movie once as a child, (due to lack of responsible adults at the time, in fact, they rented for me when i picked it out), I was probably 6 or 7 maybe. It was a fantas movie about barbarians, specifically female barbarians.

Anyways, the leading actress gets captured, and some invading kingdom or whatever has her tortured. What I didn't realize at the time, was that it was torturing her by giving her really intense orgasms. I would love to see this horrible movie again, 15 years later.

I also vaguely remember some movie, but no one will guess it. I have always associated it with the name "Fright Night," but obviously it is the wrong one. In it, these people are invited to this mansion I believe, and they all go wandering off in different directions. One or two people go into this room, and are attacked by mud people.

It was scary to me at the time, being 5 years old, but it may very well have been a comedy or something other than a horror movie (hell, Ernest scared stupid scared the poo poo out of me).

Barbarella?

mastur
Mar 26, 2007

queefing the ice beard.
No, Barbarella was in space, this was fantasy themed. Barbarians invaded some little town and captured all these women, so that this guy could test his new torturous orgasm machine on them.

Dandy J
May 17, 2003

macro machines
Eh, might as well try this one, since I've wondered about it for years.

Several years ago listening to Coast to Coast with Art Bell, he mentioned a movie that was based on the butterfly effect, ie something small happens/doesn't happen in the movie and the plot is extrapolated from the (non)occurrence of small events. I think he mentioned something like a person putting a nickel into someone else's parking meter about to expire/not putting a nickel in. Anyway it sounded cool, anyone have a clue?

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Dandy J posted:

Several years ago listening to Coast to Coast with Art Bell, he mentioned a movie that was based on the butterfly effect, ie something small happens/doesn't happen in the movie and the plot is extrapolated from the (non)occurrence of small events. I think he mentioned something like a person putting a nickel into someone else's parking meter about to expire/not putting a nickel in. Anyway it sounded cool, anyone have a clue?

Bug: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0277615/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

mastur posted:

Could it be one of the House films.... around the same era as Fright Night and similar sort of horror/comedy. The mud people ring a bell.