Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crocuta
Nov 6, 2004
wakkawa

mastur posted:

I saw this movie once as a child, (due to lack of responsible adults at the time, in fact, they rented for me when i picked it out), I was probably 6 or 7 maybe. It was a fantas movie about barbarians, specifically female barbarians.

Anyways, the leading actress gets captured, and some invading kingdom or whatever has her tortured. What I didn't realize at the time, was that it was torturing her by giving her really intense orgasms. I would love to see this horrible movie again, 15 years later.

"Female barbarians" sounds like Hundra but I don't know if there was an orgasm-torture scene in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thejaff
Jun 14, 2002
Bines au lard

mastur posted:

No, Barbarella was in space, this was fantasy themed. Barbarians invaded some little town and captured all these women, so that this guy could test his new torturous orgasm machine on them.

Probably not, but in Flesh Gordon, they "torture" a girl with a new tickling machine, but theres no real barbarian theme.

mastur
Mar 26, 2007

queefing the ice beard.

Crocuta posted:

"Female barbarians" sounds like Hundra but I don't know if there was an orgasm-torture scene in it.

God, this could be it, but reading that summary, it seemed more like she went to them (whoever they are), rather than being captured. Must check this out, maybe those House movies also. I seem to remember watching House 2 at one point though, so I doubt it is that one.

zombieman
Aug 8, 2003

That's one happy fucking egg!

thefunkygibbon posted:

ahhaha thanks a million. sounds about right... tv movie :( so i guess it would be hard to find (not that its probably worth it)
also Greg Evigan :lol:

:edit: also , Dizzy loving rocks.

I've tried for many years to find a copy. I saw it when it was first on UK TV, and remembered it that well! Also, drat right Dizzy rocks! :D

LawrenceOfHerLabia
Feb 4, 2005

by Ozmaugh
Horror film.
I think that it was set on an oil rig or something.
Something is hauled up and infects one of the crew and it kills people.
I think that it then goes on to infect others.

Sorry about the hazy memory, but it was many years ago (something like 20 years ago)

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Cumfart Cocktail posted:

Horror film.

Sorry about the hazy memory, but it was many years ago (something like 20 years ago)

Maybe The Intruder Within? http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0082565/

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Cumfart Cocktail posted:

Horror film.

Could also be Leviathan with Robocop and Col. Trautman.
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0097737/

zombieman
Aug 8, 2003

That's one happy fucking egg!

Cumfart Cocktail posted:

Horror film.

Could it be Proteus?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114196/

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

Pweller posted:

Did these Indian movies ever get definitively identified?

Indian Thriller

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzJo7zVXQr0

Afro guy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FINtUwhwFY4

For anyone else interested,

The Indian Thriller bit seems to be from Donga (1985), the guy in the read is Chiranjeevi, supposedly a really famous actor in India.

The afro guy song is Solla Solla Enna Perumai, from the film Ellam Inba Mayam (1981)

...or so the internet would have me believe.

thethuthinnang
Feb 3, 2004

cool as heck

mastur posted:

I also vaguely remember some movie, but no one will guess it. I have always associated it with the name "Fright Night," but obviously it is the wrong one. In it, these people are invited to this mansion I believe, and they all go wandering off in different directions. One or two people go into this room, and are attacked by mud people.

If it weren't for the mud people I'd guess Waxwork

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Cumfart Cocktail posted:

Horror film.

You're sure it's not Virus?

EdRush
Dec 13, 2005

by R. Guyovich
A movie from the late eighties/early ninties with a kid who goes on a spaceship shaped like the Dairy Queen logo, red and grooved (the ship has grooves in it). On the ship there is this eye-creature (maybe it controls the ship), freaked me out as a kid. They also keep little animals or furry things on the ship? I want to say it's called "The Traveller" or "The Visitor" or something but I really have no idea.

JoeNotCharles
Mar 3, 2005

Yet beyond each tree there are only more trees.

EdRush posted:

A movie from the late eighties/early ninties with a kid who goes on a spaceship shaped like the Dairy Queen logo, red and grooved (the ship has grooves in it). On the ship there is this eye-creature (maybe it controls the ship), freaked me out as a kid. They also keep little animals or furry things on the ship? I want to say it's called "The Traveller" or "The Visitor" or something but I really have no idea.

Flight of the Navigator

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

It's a French film, less than ten years old. Set in Paris in May '68 an American student meets a French girl at a protest. He moves in with the girl and her twin brother while their parents are away. They do daft teenager things like drink, drugs, sex and have arguments about politics and cinema. There's one scene where the brother loses a bet and has to wank in front of the other two. At the end of the film they run off to join in the riots.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Cerv posted:

It's a French film, less than ten years old. Set in Paris in May '68 an American student meets a French girl at a protest. He moves in with the girl and her twin brother while their parents are away. They do daft teenager things like drink, drugs, sex and have arguments about politics and cinema. There's one scene where the brother loses a bet and has to wank in front of the other two. At the end of the film they run off to join in the riots.
The Dreamers

Petekill
May 14, 2005

Where's Hammond?
Well I'll call him!
I probably saw this in the mid to late 90s, the only scene I remember is where some guy soaks his shoe in nitroglycerin and throws it and it blows the gently caress up. It may have been in the mountains but I'm not sure about that part.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

seglda posted:

A family (2 parents, one boy one girl) end up in a ghost town because they ran out of gas. The mom lowers the daughter in a well and see, toys (I think).

Meanwhile the dad and the son try to find gas and they see a place with vitrified sand where nuclear experiments were done. Then, they see a car graveyard and something that makes a lot of dust runs towards them.

That's all I can remember.

Does that ring a bell with anyone?
I am fairly certain this is Disappearance, a "TBS Original Movie" from 2002. The vitrified sand gives it away.

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

The Dreamers
Thanks

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

The city is alive tonight

Kaltag posted:

This old cartoon about a bunch of animals living on a farm(I think)

The characters are still used as the mascots for PAZ easter egg coloring kits and stuff.

The plot revolved around some farmer being turned into a machine.

Real old, mid-late 80's.

I'm pretty sure this is Peter and the Magic Egg

Crocuta
Nov 6, 2004
wakkawa
I think I watched this one during the 80s or early 90s. The plot revolves around some sort of group secretly playing two chess champions against each other. One player somehow receives the move from one game one of the champions is playing and then plays that move and transmits the response to the other game in turn. After a while one of the champions sees through the bluff because he recognizes the style of play as that of the other champion. I don't recall what the purpose of all this was at all.

It might've taken place on a boat and in a Cold War context, and it might've been Dangerous Moves, but the plot summaries don't mention anything about the above scheme.

Gyver
Jun 24, 2005

My entire life has been full of wrong choices.

Petekill posted:

I probably saw this in the mid to late 90s, the only scene I remember is where some guy soaks his shoe in nitroglycerin and throws it and it blows the gently caress up. It may have been in the mountains but I'm not sure about that part.

That is totally Vertical Limit.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0190865/

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Gyver posted:

That is totally Vertical Limit.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0190865/

haha I like the comments on that one

"This is, without doubt, the least accurate film on climbing I have ever seen. This movie is simply absurd. I consider it about as "accurate" as, say, Spy Kids is to global espionage."

Necru
Jun 12, 2005

Take that, you space bitch!
Ok this one has been nagging me for a couple weeks now. It seems like early 90's. It has two children, brother and sister whose grandfather is trying to get custody of them. They get adopted by this weird couple who make them put their uneaten oatmeal in ziploc bags. Then there are ghost pirates with one in particular that keeps beckoning to them. Then come halloween night the grandfather is in an electric wheelchair made up to look like a giant eyeball.

Cornflake
Jun 22, 2005
Psycho Alpha Disco Beta Bio Aqua Do Loop
My high school teacher told me about a movie a while back and I was interested as gently caress but I couldn't remember the name for the life of me.

Supposedly the main character is a teenager who is really really smart and is looking for a way to make some money. So he starts selling drugs and he makes a ton of money, then ends up taking them or something (not sure about that part).

The part that stands out the most in his description was when he said every morning when he woke up he would feed his fish, and in one scene after a he started selling drugs, he realized that he was feeding his fish drugs (not sure what type).

Horrible description on my part, but I remember him saying it was really good and I always wanted to see it.

invalid user
Nov 15, 2006

Shit's expensive, bro. Plus, fuck Lurdiak.
I remember seeing this on tv probably in the early nineties. I think it was a struggling writer looking for inspiration. He goes into an asian antique-type place... like the shop in Gremlins, and he buys a jar with a human brain that has an eyeball in it. He becomes obsessed with the jar... that's all I can remember.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Cornflake posted:

My high school teacher told me about a movie a while back and I was interested as gently caress but I couldn't remember the name for the life of me.

Supposedly the main character is a teenager who is really really smart and is looking for a way to make some money. So he starts selling drugs and he makes a ton of money, then ends up taking them or something (not sure about that part).

The part that stands out the most in his description was when he said every morning when he woke up he would feed his fish, and in one scene after a he started selling drugs, he realized that he was feeding his fish drugs (not sure what type).

Horrible description on my part, but I remember him saying it was really good and I always wanted to see it.

Hmm, was it an Asian guy? Could be Better Luck Tommorow
http://imdb.com/title/tt0280477/

I don't remember he feeds the fish coke but though it could have been in it. Basically while studying he takes coke to help him stay up late and at one point his nose starts bleeding.

ladd
Aug 14, 2004
Basically This business type guy gets fired, and he gets really pissed off, and steals tons of guns, and a land to air missile and goes on a rampage.

Im pretty sure This toy is of the main character, but im not 100% sure.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
Falling Down
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0106856/

Encryptic
May 3, 2007

Dandy J posted:

Eh, might as well try this one, since I've wondered about it for years.

Several years ago listening to Coast to Coast with Art Bell, he mentioned a movie that was based on the butterfly effect, ie something small happens/doesn't happen in the movie and the plot is extrapolated from the (non)occurrence of small events. I think he mentioned something like a person putting a nickel into someone else's parking meter about to expire/not putting a nickel in. Anyway it sounded cool, anyone have a clue?

Could be Sliding Doors with Gwyneth Paltrow, I suppose. The movie follows two different paths: One where she gets on the subway in time before the doors close and one where she doesn't get on in time. It came out years before The Butterfly Effect as well. Don't remember a "parking meter" scene, but I saw the movie a long time ago and don't remember much of it.

ladd posted:

Basically This business type guy gets fired, and he gets really pissed off, and steals tons of guns, and a land to air missile and goes on a rampage.

Im pretty sure This toy is of the main character, but im not 100% sure.

Yeah, that sounds like Falling Down. The action figure is Michael Douglas' character in that movie.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Encryptic posted:

Could be Sliding Doors with Gwyneth Paltrow, I suppose. The movie follows two different paths: One where she gets on the subway in time before the doors close and one where she doesn't get on in time. It came out years before The Butterfly Effect as well. Don't remember a "parking meter" scene, but I saw the movie a long time ago and don't remember much of it.

Along the same lines, there's Kieslowski's Blind Chance (which I'm convinced was the inspiration for Sliding Doors). No parking meter in there, either.

Fingertips
Jul 30, 2006
Defender of the Internets
What movie is this? Small funny asian child with black glasses doing... kung fu through a forest of trees. It might be a foreign film. SURELY in Mandarin or some form of Chinese.

He was wearing a little white suit, had funny black circular glasses and was doing amazing kung-fu (possibly shaolin style) though a small forest, it was really intense cinematography.

I would love to know which movie this is. If you have seen this scene please tell me!

OH yea, PS, i beleive it was a comedy styled movie, not a serious kung fu flick.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Fingertips fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Jun 19, 2007

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Im not a martial arts movie buff but do you know what era? Martial arts movies from the 70s look a lot different than the 80s and 90s (the older ones have this technicolor thing going on)

Now for my ID: so I caught the last leg of this movie, basically there's a flashback sequence where a woman is at a soiree with a masked don juan type who she sorta falls for. Later in present day masked don juan turns out to be a badly scarred (facial burns and so forth) psycopath. He kidnaps her and takes her on a boat ride down a river, sending our good guy down another boat which explodes (though good guy gets off in time). She doesn't know this and freaks out, psycho asks her to marry him and she feins interest but then gives him like a gently caress-off slap. Now he's into "I will have you by force!" mode but good guy shows up in time to shoot him with a flare gun. It was a tv version so i think they cut out him actually getting shot

Alan Smithee fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Jun 19, 2007

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Alan Smithee posted:

Im not a martial arts movie buff but do you know what era? Martial arts movies from the 70s look a lot different than the 80s and 90s (the older ones have this technicolor thing going on)

Now for my ID: so I caught the last leg of this movie, basically there's a flashback sequence where a woman is at a soiree with a masked don juan type who she sorta falls for. Later in present day masked don juan turns out to be a badly scarred (facial burns and so forth) psycopath. He kidnaps her and takes her on a boat ride down a river, sending our good guy down another boat which explodes (though good guy gets off in time). She doesn't know this and freaks out, psycho asks her to marry him and she feins interest but then gives him like a gently caress-off slap. Now he's into "I will have you by force!" mode but good guy shows up in time to shoot him with a flare gun. It was a tv version so i think they cut out him actually getting shot

Sounds like Dead Calm - http://imdb.com/title/tt0097162/

Whilst farting I
Apr 25, 2006

invalid user posted:

I remember seeing this on tv probably in the early nineties. I think it was a struggling writer looking for inspiration. He goes into an asian antique-type place... like the shop in Gremlins, and he buys a jar with a human brain that has an eyeball in it. He becomes obsessed with the jar... that's all I can remember.

There's no writer struggling for inspiration or antique ship, but there is a human brain in a jar in an old diner. Maybe you're confusing two films, and one of them is Blood Diner.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092669/

JoeNotCharles
Mar 3, 2005

Yet beyond each tree there are only more trees.

Alan Smithee posted:

This sounds like a hilarious action parody of Phantom of the Opera, to me. Not saying it is, I just think it's funny.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

The Duke posted:

Sounds like Dead Calm - http://imdb.com/title/tt0097162/

That reminds me of another movie I caught a glimpse of.

So a yuppie type couple are on a yacht and they are hijacked by some gun toting thugs, one of whom is sorta perverted and likes hitting on the wife in states of sort of scantily cladness, and the other who seems to have this code of honor. At one point the husband goes overboard and one the bad guys is mad at him and yells something to the effect of "your wife's a slut!" (questionable). Anyway the wife at one point is bathing herself on the deck by pouring water on herself topless and pervey bad guy sorta watches from the galley or whatever. Good bad guy comes along and is like "wtf you doing?"

Later husband is adrift on a raft and fires a flare in the air. Wife is a brunette I believe. Wondering how this one ends if you know the title as well

miguel sanchez
Jul 1, 2004

by Tiny Fistpump
This is pretty vague as I saw maybe 10 minutes of it when I was 6 years old. Basically it's some kind of post-apocalyptic setting. Soldiers are clearing out a bombed out ghetto. I remember them breaking down doors and killing people with flame throwers. If I remember correctly the bad guys had "DAS Squad" written on their backs. That's all I remember.

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

miguel sanchez posted:

This is pretty vague as I saw maybe 10 minutes of it when I was 6 years old. Basically it's some kind of post-apocalyptic setting. Soldiers are clearing out a bombed out ghetto. I remember them breaking down doors and killing people with flame throwers. If I remember correctly the bad guys had "DAS Squad" written on their backs. That's all I remember.

LEAVE THE BRONX!

This one was on MST3K: Escape 2000, aka Escape from the Bronx

Thejaff
Jun 14, 2002
Bines au lard

Alan Smithee posted:

That reminds me of another movie I caught a glimpse of.

So a yuppie type couple are on a yacht and they are hijacked by some gun toting thugs, one of whom is sorta perverted and likes hitting on the wife in states of sort of scantily cladness, and the other who seems to have this code of honor. At one point the husband goes overboard and one the bad guys is mad at him and yells something to the effect of "your wife's a slut!" (questionable). Anyway the wife at one point is bathing herself on the deck by pouring water on herself topless and pervey bad guy sorta watches from the galley or whatever. Good bad guy comes along and is like "wtf you doing?"

Later husband is adrift on a raft and fires a flare in the air. Wife is a brunette I believe. Wondering how this one ends if you know the title as well

Maybe http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080613/ ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disharmony
Dec 29, 2000

Like a hundred crippled horses lying crumpled on the ground

Begging for a rifle to come and put them down
I'm not sure if these are all movies but meh. I remember seeing a commercial back in 93' when I was 8 that scared the poo poo out of me (and I blacklisted that channel temporarily out of fear) and it was basically a montage of extremely violent scenes under the pretext that making your children watch it would make them grow evil. Some of the scenes off the top of my head were:

- A close-up of a guy's face with a grenade in his mouth, it explodes and we see a momentary silhouette of his skull through the yellow flash.

- A guy in a bright white room by himself (holding a revolver at his other hand) slowly takes off his hand from his face and we see his left eye completely blown out and half his face covered in blood.

There are some that are non-violent (i.e. two guys in some 50s movie fighting each other) but I'm sure there's more that I forgot, but those two were the ones that stuck out. If anyone could identify these movies(?), I'd be forever grateful.