Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zooloo
Mar 30, 2003

just wanted to make you something beautiful

Rennej posted:

Indeed. Nice fakeout. Is anyone else hoping that she'll find Roy's corpse and animate him instead? Wouldn't that be so great?

Nah. I'd like to see Roy back in the game within 20 strips so we can get moving again. I'm tired of blue, you dig?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilsake
Oct 25, 2004

by Fragmaster

Rennej posted:

Indeed. Nice fakeout. Is anyone else hoping that she'll find Roy's corpse and animate him instead? Wouldn't that be so great?

Next strip: she finds Roy's corpse, begins the zombie ritual, and then a corpse we couldn't see because Roy was in the way rises up instead!

Haha owned Burlew, now you're completely out of options, you can't zombify Roy and you can't do a fake out again because both have now been predicted. Lets see you change the story now!

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

sakesniper posted:

Next strip: she finds Roy's corpse, begins the zombie ritual, and then a corpse we couldn't see because Roy was in the way rises up instead!

Haha owned Burlew, now you're completely out of options, you can't zombify Roy and you can't do a fake out again because both have now been predicted. Lets see you change the story now!

Oh god why would you do this, now Roy's gone forever :(

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

Rennej posted:

I would enjoy seeing Roy's corpse end up as Xykon's new bodyguard or something, but honestly I would probably enjoy whatever plot Roy's death leads into. I just wish this thing updated faster/didn't have so much material to cover :f5:

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?
She's pretty drat from Roy's corpse. Remember, he's far away from the castle, away from everything else. She'll probably go for the dead castle guards first.

Robot Bastard
Jul 14, 2004

by Ozma

Ferrinus posted:

I would enjoy seeing Roy's corpse end up as Xykon's new bodyguard or something...
Like I said--zombie Roy. If it happens, I want props.

R.Q.E.
Nov 18, 2004

Mmmm! That's good plasma!

KOraithER posted:

Nope, "Monday's" strip is still the most recent. He's the laziest professional webcomic artist.

:what:. Seriously, do you read webcomics?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
New Erfworld, too.
The loving retarded cutesy names for poo poo really riles me up. It makes the whole strip unreadable.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Tinyn posted:

Why would the Ex-Paladins section be seperate from the Non-Paladins? Not-Paladin is Not-Paladin right?

Because it is heaven and I think if Roy wants to chill without paladins or people who were once paladins it will accommodate!

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Hahaha, take that fans! Glad to see Xykon and Redcloak are back to their usual jackass buddy selves, though its odd they either don't remember or are neglecting to mention that, if anything, Miko destroying the gate was the only thing that helped them escape certain death.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Calaveron posted:

New Erfworld, too.
The loving retarded cutesy names for poo poo really riles me up. It makes the whole strip unreadable.
It's sort of part of the joke.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

UberJew posted:

Because it is heaven and I think if Roy wants to chill without paladins or people who were once paladins it will accommodate!

Paladins are raised up to be among their deities. Those of the faith merely arrive on the plane of their deity. Paladins took their faith a step farther than mere worshipers did and held their gods' teachings up as a shining beacon amid the sea of mere belief.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Vicissitude posted:

Paladins are raised up to be among their deities. Those of the faith merely arrive on the plane of their deity. Paladins took their faith a step farther than mere worshipers did and held their gods' teachings up as a shining beacon amid the sea of mere belief.

Ex-paladins didn't, so... :v:

Gassire
Dec 30, 2004

"They're people. Deeply flawed, yes, but deeply human too. And maybe that's saying the same thing."
Even after her fall she still worshiped the 12 gods. When you die you go your gods plane regardless of alignment. With Miko she'll still go to Mt. Celestia with all the paladins and other fallen soldiers, but while the Paladins will be making up all the officers and elite troops Miko will be with all the rank and file. Agnostics and atheists go to whichever plane most matches their alignment, which for Roy would still be Mt. Celestia, but not necessarily the same layer as the 12 Gods' dominion. Since he died defending the 12 Gods' goals though they could probably make a claim on his soul.

Dammit Who?
Aug 30, 2002

may microbes, bacilli their tissues infest
and tapeworms securely their bowels digest

Wolfsheim posted:

though its odd they either don't remember or are neglecting to mention that, if anything, Miko destroying the gate was the only thing that helped them escape certain death.

Not really. Twisting around "oh god I almost died except for this freak accident!" to "I almost defeated those blasted paladins were it not for that freak accident!" is a pretty villainy line of thought.

It's a rationalization with the Von Doom Seal of Approval.

Dammit Who? fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Jun 15, 2007

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Dammit Who? posted:

Not really. Twisting around "oh god I almost died except for this freak accident!" to "I almost defeated those blasted paladins were it not for that freak accident!" is a pretty villainy line of thought.

It's a rationalization with the Von Doom Seal of Approval.

SSSAKAZAKIII! :doom:

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

UberJew posted:

Ex-paladins didn't, so... :v:

Yep. Sucks for them. If they breached their code of conduct, but still maintained the alignment (and no, I don't want to open that can of worms again), they can still go to their deity's plane. If they fell and fell hard? Somewhere more befitting their new alignment, either the Nine Hells or the Abyss.

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost

Vicissitude posted:

Yep. Sucks for them. If they breached their code of conduct, but still maintained the alignment (and no, I don't want to open that can of worms again), they can still go to their deity's plane. If they fell and fell hard? Somewhere more befitting their new alignment, either the Nine Hells or the Abyss.

Exactly. Miko really didnt fall all that hard; she never truly became D&D objectively evil. Lawful Neutral maybe, or maybe just a super deluded lawful good. she would likely go to wherever she was originally going to be sent to. perhaps her and roy will run into each other in the multiverse.

WangNV
Mar 22, 2001
I'm so lonely
I bet they're hitting it off screen.

Zooloo
Mar 30, 2003

Crake posted:

Exactly. Miko really didnt fall all that hard.

1. She killed a good king.

2. She struck and attempted to murder an unarmed lawful good paladin who was attempting to discharge his lawful good duty.

She fell harder than a brick with a rocket booster aimed at the ground.

Zooloo fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Jun 15, 2007

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Shut up about alignment, please. The argument is pointless, Burlew will say which way it really happened if and when it's relevant, and we've had pages and pages and pages of moronic debate about it.

LET IT GO

also let go your hate of wavedashing in SSBM, while we're at it. Just sayin'.

Sock
Oct 8, 2001
Do me. Do me.
It doesn't really matter what alignment she was, Soon made it clear that she's not going to be chillaxin' with the rest of the dead Azure City Paladins in D&D Heaven.

KOraithER
May 13, 2007

Kids, go in the other room. Grown-up talk.

R.Q.E. posted:

Professional webcomic artist. Most of the ones who live off of their comic manage to stick to their schedule.

NutShellBill
Dec 4, 2004
I AM SPUTNIK'S PARACHUTE ACCOUNT

KOraithER posted:

Professional webcomic artist. Most of the ones who live off of their comic manage to stick to their schedule.

You should read Goblins, it's easy to catch up, he updates about twice per month. Mr Burlew's pretty good at meeting his target deadlines, I think.

R.Q.E.
Nov 18, 2004

Mmmm! That's good plasma!

KOraithER posted:

R.Q.E. posted:

bgaesop
Nov 1, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

NutShellBill posted:

You should read Goblins, it's easy to catch up, he updates about twice per month. Mr Burlew's pretty good at meeting his target deadlines, I think.

Rich Burlew writes Order of the Stick, Goblins is by Tarol Hunt.

Falconer
Dec 7, 2003

Did you know, I was THE MOON once!

Yes! You see, one night it turned out the moon had been STOLEN!

The animal people asked ME to take its place as I am so WISE and BRILLIANT!!

KOraithER posted:

Does Piro still count as a professional webcomic artist; isn't he still the poster child for having an update schedule that, at its 'prime', boiled down to "I'll make non-filler comics more than once every other month when I can find the spare time."? Hell, even taking extreme cases like Piro out of the equation, is Burlew REALLY guilty of so many missed deadlines that he qualifies for a moniker like 'Laziest Professional Webartist Ever'?

Even with Burlew 'missing' deadlines left and right, usually all that has meant is that OOTS tended to update on a T/Th/S schedule... meaning it updates every other day for three days then skips two days, just like it would on its intended schedule. That's not really behavior I'd categorize as 'lazy to the point of excess'.

bgaesop posted:

Rich Burlew writes Order of the Stick, Goblins is by Tarol Hunt.

I think what NutShellBill was getting at is that compared to Goblins (provided the update schedule is as sporadic as implied; I don't read it), OOTS has a downright feverish update schedule.

NutShellBill
Dec 4, 2004
I AM SPUTNIK'S PARACHUTE ACCOUNT

Falconer posted:

I think what NutShellBill was getting at is that compared to Goblins (provided the update schedule is as sporadic as implied; I don't read it), OOTS has a downright feverish update schedule.

On the nose-y.

Robot Bastard
Jul 14, 2004

by Ozma
Wait, I thought that this whole "update" discussion was about Erfworld...

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!

Robot Bastard posted:

Wait, I thought that this whole "update" discussion was about Erfworld...

No, no-one actually cares when that updates. And jesus, updating a day late isn't a sin or 'unprofessional' or whatever. It's not a profession, it's a webcomic.

KOraithER
May 13, 2007

Kids, go in the other room. Grown-up talk.
Actually, it is a profession to some artists. Ones that came to mind right away were Tim Buckley of CAD and the guys at Least I Could Do. It's their only source of income, and they take it seriously enough to stick to their update schedule. Most artists make webcomics in their spare time, so it's understandable if they miss updates.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

KOraithER posted:

Actually, it is a profession to some artists. Ones that came to mind right away were Tim Buckley of CAD and the guys at Least I Could Do. It's their only source of income, and they take it seriously enough to stick to their update schedule. Most artists make webcomics in their spare time, so it's understandable if they miss updates.

Its not that hard to update on time when your comic is four panels and the joke is lovely.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Wolfsheim posted:

Its not that hard to update on time when your comic is four panels and the joke is lovely.
So you're saying that's the reason Megatokyo switched from this:
to this:

?
(Note: The actual recent MT strips have apparently been, no lie, five panels and a joke(?), and the joke(?) is lovely. This was the most recent "real" MT strip.)

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!

KOraithER posted:

Nice for them, but is that true of Burlew? In webcomics, your stable income comes soley from merch and ads, and he puts out new content books pretty drat often. That isn't lazy by any means.

Sorry, it's just that I'm a webcomic artist, and I hang out with more of the same, and there's nothing more annoying than so-called fans complaining that you updated 3 minutes too late.

Kojiro fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Jun 17, 2007

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I don't really mind them being late at all, I just think if they're going to be late it'd be nice if they'd throw an update on to the front page saying how soon they expect it to be up. As in: in a few hours, or in a day or so. I don't think that's asking a lot and would probably quiet down at least a few people from bitching about late updates.

Zooloo
Mar 30, 2003

Hooray, new comic!

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0466.html

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.
Maybe they can get store credit?

Hmm that city looks slightly foxed though, possibly trade it in for the exact same item? Or just wait until some particularly dull looking register biscuit is behind the counter.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

This is why Redcloak can't have nice things.

evilsake
Oct 25, 2004

by Fragmaster
How can Redcloak be so certain that Soon or anyone else with knowledge of the gates would be dumb enough to record the defenses of the other ones?

I mean, beyond the halfling bard (?) who was dumb enough to record their locations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ununnilium
Oct 23, 2006

An imperfect duplicate of love

Zoolooman posted:

Hooray, new comic!

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0466.html

I like how Redcloak is basically a Roy who hates humans.