Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy
http://www.goingtoday.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Bi Ranchero
Feb 8, 2007

by Fistgrrl

I won the auction! This isnt the reissue and it cost me a pretty penny. I will post more pics when it arrives :woop:

Capitan Dad
May 16, 2007

shemaghs are so gay its like smegma hahaha

RangerScum posted:

http://www.goingtoday.com/

Thanks a ton. Regardless of how much stuff I buy it's still fun to check, you know?

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

El Bi Ranchero posted:

I won the auction! This isnt the reissue and it cost me a pretty penny. I will post more pics when it arrives :woop:

Good for you, man!

As for me, well here's hoping....!

Engine Fortegue
Feb 1, 2004

strap me down they must sedate me

poke me prod me irritate me

Handen posted:

Good for you, man!

This guitar looks like it will take you to the future if you rock out hard enough :rock:

Dexter Stratton
May 25, 2007

frankthetank posted:

That is a beautiful amp, but get a mic stand! :cop:

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I had three and they were all busy.

Run Dodo Run
Oct 7, 2006

El Bi Ranchero posted:

That's a beautiful guitar, I have to say. I do love natural finishes.

DrChu
May 14, 2002

edit: whoops

El Bi Ranchero
Feb 8, 2007

by Fistgrrl

Handen posted:

Good for you, man!

just looking at that I feel like my chops are twice as fast

Imp Boy
Feb 8, 2004
Just got this today, a West German built Johann Georg Kessler 4/4 violin. Its a bit beaten and dirty, and it needs a new set of strings, but it sounds quite nice and should be a good way of getting back into the instrument after a decade of neglect.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

websterandwebster
Feb 20, 2007
Got them a few days ago. I have been waiting ages to get an electric and finally I have made the purchase and I have to say I am quite pleased with the result.

Epiphone Les Paul Studio in Heritage Sunburst

It's called art.

and...

Line 6 Spider III amp 30watt

and the babies together.

This thing is so loud, and sounds damb good. Pure orgasmic pleasure I would have to say. And the effects are damb fun aswell.

The best thing is it was quite cheap. I got it with lead and strap for $1000AU, where it would have cost me atleast $1500 retail.

Admiral Crunch
Nov 26, 2005

by Peatpot
nice guitar and amp, but there's no b at the end of drat

websterandwebster
Feb 20, 2007

Admiral Crunch posted:

nice guitar and amp, but there's no b at the end of drat

Oh drat!

fried eggs
Apr 4, 2007
with ketchup
Just these, but 11's. I'm poor.

Cyne
May 30, 2007
Beauty is a rare thing.

Jobless Drunk posted:

My second analog synth. No MIDI, but the fat sounds should make up for it.

Good choice. I've got a Juno-106 myself. The consensus seems to that the 6's and 60's are "warmer" or "fatter" than the 106, so you may have got a good deal in terms of the trade-off for no MIDI.

Admiral Crunch
Nov 26, 2005

by Peatpot

websterandwebster posted:

Oh drat!

But seriously, I'm a huge fan of the line 6 spider amps. I love the clean tone you can get out of them.

The guitar's got a great finish too, although I think it would look better (to me) with all black hardware v:shobon:v

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe

Admiral Crunch posted:

But seriously, I'm a huge fan of the line 6 spider amps. I love the clean tone you can get out of them.

The guitar's got a great finish too, although I think it would look better (to me) with all black hardware v:shobon:v

my new Spider III 15 is worth every penny of its original $200 price tag, making the $100 I spent on it that much better.

Merkin Muffley
Aug 1, 2006
The Ballsiest
While we're all talking about the Spider III amps, does anyone here have any experience with the 120 or 150? I've been eyeballing them for awhile for a gigging amp so I can stop borrowing my roommates all the drat time. Are all the artist presets on them any good or are they just some bullshit gimmick? The clips on the website sound pretty decent, but streaming clips off the makers website isn't quite the same as hearing it in person... If it does actually suck, does anyone have some recommendations for a relatively versatile combo in the same price range? I have no qualms about buying used if thats the case.

the wizards beard
Apr 15, 2007
Reppin

4 LIFE 4 REAL
If you're looking for a Line6 amp in that power range, you should try the Flextone range as well. Quite a bit more versatile, as you basically get a Podxt built into an amp.

ToiletDuk
Sep 4, 2002

That's right, fat stuff.
Shake those chins!
Saturday I rode my bike down the street to Gelb Music and impulse-bought this for $230:

I've never owned a drum kit before, and now I do. Hooray.

EsaFadus
Aug 2, 2006

ehehehe it's so dinky! :3:

Edit:

I swear by my own blood or something that this will be by next buy (not that particular auction).

EsaFadus fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Jun 19, 2007

reversefungi
Nov 27, 2003

Master of the high hat!

Merkin Muffley posted:

While we're all talking about the Spider III amps, does anyone here have any experience with the 120 or 150? I've been eyeballing them for awhile for a gigging amp so I can stop borrowing my roommates all the drat time. Are all the artist presets on them any good or are they just some bullshit gimmick? The clips on the website sound pretty decent, but streaming clips off the makers website isn't quite the same as hearing it in person... If it does actually suck, does anyone have some recommendations for a relatively versatile combo in the same price range? I have no qualms about buying used if thats the case.

I've rarely heard anything good about the Spider amps, personally. I've heard that for solid states, they don't do really that much and can sound really, really solid-state-ish. I personally haven't tried the Spiders, and I definitely would encourage you to at least try playing one before you go and buy it, as it seems most people are content with the amp for all of a few days before realizing how horrible it sounds or something. Now, I've heard nothing but good praise for Roland Cubes and Vox's Valvetronix series, and that is usually along the same price range. I personally have a AD30VT and for the price, it does its job VERY well. Definitely try taking a look at those, the larger versions might be able to hold you over for gigging.

Machine Gun
Aug 22, 2006

what a fucking nightmare
Got a real project guitar for free, and its a lovely SX Les Paul thats has one tuning head gone and another one broken, the input jack is torn out and the wiring is a little hosed up, and the neck isnt set, its a bolt-on. Havent played it yet because it is in really bad need of new strings and tuning heads and I havent really felt like playing something I can't plug in.

I'm trying to deicide how much time (and money) I should put into this guitar. I want it to sound pretty beastly and look pretty awesome But not until my Strat is done ( :doh: ) Oh well. Onwards and upwards. Speaking of which:

A birthday present! Such a nice rear end clean, I got to hear hella nice rear end humbuckers for the first time through it recently which is probably causing my itch to fix up that SX into something radical. :rock:

I'm buying GFS pickups next week for my Strat.

Machine Gun fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Jun 19, 2007

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

ToiletDuk posted:

So what does it want to be when it grows up? :D

websterandwebster
Feb 20, 2007

The Dark Wind posted:

I've rarely heard anything good about the Spider amps, personally. I've heard that for solid states, they don't do really that much and can sound really, really solid-state-ish. I personally haven't tried the Spiders, and I definitely would encourage you to at least try playing one before you go and buy it, as it seems most people are content with the amp for all of a few days before realizing how horrible it sounds or something. Now, I've heard nothing but good praise for Roland Cubes and Vox's Valvetronix series, and that is usually along the same price range. I personally have a AD30VT and for the price, it does its job VERY well. Definitely try taking a look at those, the larger versions might be able to hold you over for gigging.

Well not that i've played on many other amps, other the ones I was considering buying, the spider that I got does sound pretty good. But the only thing weird is that when i turn it on when i havnt used it for more than like 6hrs it doesnt really respond. i dont know if the speaker is charging up or something but i have to turn it on and off a few times before it gets going. I'm going back into the shop later this week so i'll have to ask. but it just seems a bit weird to me.

Uncle Caveman
Jun 16, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

ToiletDuk posted:

Saturday I rode my bike down the street to Gelb Music and impulse-bought this for $230:

EsaFadus posted:

ehehehe it's so dinky! :3:

Duke Chin posted:

So what does it want to be when it grows up? :D
Hey, I heard Asian girls like guys with small kits. :unsmith:

Also, EsaFadus your bass may have more decibel volume, but I just bought one with more cubic volume.

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy

Merkin Muffley posted:

I've got a Spider III 75w, which is the lowest wattage that comes with alllll of the presets. I think it has great tone..but I bought it for the versatility it would bring me in home recording. Would I want to take this guitar and crank it up all the way and rock out in a huge room? No, but if I were going to play live, I would use this for a monitor and plug it right into the PA, which is something you can do with this amp.

If you buy the footpedal, you have a pretty decent live rig for a pretty reasonable price. I'd reccomend the 75w at least, I can't say about the larger models, though I doubt there is anything wrong with them.

ToiletDuk
Sep 4, 2002

That's right, fat stuff.
Shake those chins!

Uncle Caveman posted:

Hey, I heard Asian girls like guys with small kits. :unsmith:

sup, small drum kit and ikea malm dresser buddy!

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

I dreamt I was an old dog, stuck in a honeypot. It was horrifying.

Revvik posted:

my new Spider III 15 is worth every penny of its original $200 price tag, making the $100 I spent on it that much better.

$80 here at Guitar Center's Memorial Day sale. Best guitar amp I've ever owned!

Of course it's the best compared to the two Peavey Rage 158s I owned previously but hey I'm not a guitar player anyways!

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

I finally got myself a Godin.

It's a really interesting guitar. The body is almost like an EVH Wolfgang but a hair thinner, and the neck is very thin compared to my Fenders. Action is super-low across the whole neck, and the bridge design is pretty unique. The pickups that it came with have a good bite, but backing off the volume knob brings it back into a cleaner territory without losing definition.

edit: aaahhh it's insane with a bunch of overdrive. I really can't wait to try this out at full volume next week.

an AOL chatroom fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Jun 20, 2007

orthod0ks
Mar 2, 2004
anger is a gift

bisticles posted:

Godin

Jesus. I just peed a little.

Best Friend posted:

A birthday present! Such a nice rear end clean, I got to hear hella nice rear end humbuckers for the first time through it recently which is probably causing my itch to fix up that SX into something radical. :rock:

Is that a 30 or 50? How does it sound? I'm kinda in the market. My little Marshall ain't bad for a standard practice amp, but I'm thinking about upgrading, and I haven't the room for anything big right now. Any distortion through it sounds like mud.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

After playing acoustic for so long, I figured I should figure out what the fuss is with these electrics. So, for $100, I picked up an (almost unused) :china: Les Paul Copy.

It's marketed under the brand Galveston which is known for some pretty crappy overpriced stuff... this model was supposed to retail for ~$300. Of course, the electronics are all crap (when I got it, the neck pickup wasn't grounded and the toggle switch didn't work... 20 mins later with a soldering iron, and it's now wired properly.) but the body is actually pretty good. I believe it's a maple body & neck with a rosewood fretboard. The neck is about as wide as an acoustic's and the intonation is perfect.

I plan on replacing all the electronics as soon as I have the cash, and I'll probably have to replace the tuners as well because they're pretty much crap. Still, once that's all said and done, I'll probably have something on par with one of the higher-end Epiphones for about half the price.

Plus, it's got an awesome finish.

Occupy Japan
Feb 4, 2005

I've spent so much time clopping to fillies that my joints have locked up!

thelightguy posted:

After playing acoustic for so long, I figured I should figure out what the fuss is with these electrics. So, for $100, I picked up an (almost unused) :china: Les Paul Copy.

It's marketed under the brand Galveston which is known for some pretty crappy overpriced stuff... this model was supposed to retail for ~$300. Of course, the electronics are all crap (when I got it, the neck pickup wasn't grounded and the toggle switch didn't work... 20 mins later with a soldering iron, and it's now wired properly.) but the body is actually pretty good. I believe it's a maple body & neck with a rosewood fretboard. The neck is about as wide as an acoustic's and the intonation is perfect.

I plan on replacing all the electronics as soon as I have the cash, and I'll probably have to replace the tuners as well because they're pretty much crap. Still, once that's all said and done, I'll probably have something on par with one of the higher-end Epiphones for about half the price.

Plus, it's got an awesome finish.

For a cheapo guitar, that has a hella sweet finish.

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

I'm grabbing one tomorrow. :toot:

Offrampmotel
Mar 18, 2006
Guitar God
I ordered these. Hopefully they'll be here today or monday:

Boss GT-8

Shure PGX 14 wireless (rack-mounted)

Risky
May 18, 2003

Offrampmotel posted:

I ordered these. Hopefully they'll be here today or monday:

Boss GT-8

I've had mine almost a year now and I love it. I suggest you get an M-Audio UNO cable so you can download custom patches.

magnificent7
Sep 22, 2005

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Marshall JTM45! hell YEAH!

I finally decided to shut up and put up and get my balls enlarged. poo poo yeah. It'll arrive in a week, give or take. Once the cab gets here, I'm taking it into the local guitar stores to try out cabs. I know jackshit about Marshalls (well, KNEW until I started looking into this thing).

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Aeon_
Jan 6, 2002

See you, space cowboy.

magnificent7 posted:

Marshall JTM45! hell YEAH!

I finally decided to shut up and put up and get my balls enlarged. poo poo yeah. It'll arrive in a week, give or take. Once the cab gets here, I'm taking it into the local guitar stores to try out cabs. I know jackshit about Marshalls (well, KNEW until I started looking into this thing).

The other guitarist in my band plays a Bluesbreaker, which is essentially that in combo format. You'll love it, but don't expect it to break up unless you are playing EXTREMELY loud. It has a lot of headroom, so keep your tubescreamers and distortion pedals.

magnificent7
Sep 22, 2005

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Aeon posted:

The other guitarist in my band plays a Bluesbreaker, which is essentially that in combo format. You'll love it, but don't expect it to break up unless you are playing EXTREMELY loud. It has a lot of headroom, so keep your tubescreamers and distortion pedals.

Ah gently caress. I knew that. Maybe I can pull out half the tubes and see what happens. Just pull em out at random. I hear that works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

juan chaos
Sep 3, 2006
Let It Die

I'm a big ol' slut lately.