Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

Phat_Albert posted:

Whats going on with the 2-1-2 exhaust :psyduck:

They want it to be like a Camaro?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pitre
Jul 29, 2003

I picked up my new toy last week. So far, it kicks rear end. I had the dealer put on shotgun pipes, digital speedo/tach, air intake, and EFI remap before I picked it up.

(2007 Victory Vegas 8-ball)

It rests in the garage next to our other awesome bike.

(2007 GL1800 Honda Goldwing premium audio/comfort package/navigation)

ChiliMac
Apr 13, 2005

That's why I never kiss 'em on the mouth.

Phat_Albert posted:

Whats going on with the 2-1-2 exhaust :psyduck:

What's going on with the frame? Unless the engine is being used as a structural member it appears the only thing connecting the front end to the rear end is that center rail going over the engine . :crossarms:

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
Best highside video ever:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0k3jid2tTk

orinth
Apr 15, 2003

NFC WEST IS THE BEST

n8r posted:

Best highside video ever:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0k3jid2tTk

haha

That is just weird how perfectly synched they were.

dfn_doe
Apr 12, 2005
I FOR ONE WELCOME OUR NEW STUPID FUCKING CATCHPHRASE OVERLORDS
Some days my commute to work yields interesting sights...

Heh, he looks a little hefty sized for that little bike.

OMG! He's riding a huge "12 O'Clock" wheelie for a block.

He really is at least 300lbs.

RC212V
Nov 17, 2006

by Eris Is Goddess
I can't help but laugh when I see really fat people on sportbikes/scooters. It looks like a clown on one of those minibikes. Was he doing the wheelie because he saw you taking pictures?

vorhese
Feb 16, 2002

brains for breakfast brains for brunch
fat guy on little biiiikkeee

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter

Pitre posted:

That is absolutely gorgeous. That might be one of the best-looking-from-the-factory cruisers I've seen.

dfn_doe
Apr 12, 2005
I FOR ONE WELCOME OUR NEW STUPID FUCKING CATCHPHRASE OVERLORDS

RC212V posted:

I can't help but laugh when I see really fat people on sportbikes/scooters. It looks like a clown on one of those minibikes. Was he doing the wheelie because he saw you taking pictures?

I don't think he saw me snapping the pictures. But he did have an "SBFreaks" patch on the back of his jacket which leads me to believe he fancies himself as some sort of "stunter"... To be honest his wheelie was nearly at a full high-noon position and came up nice and smoothly.

orinth
Apr 15, 2003

NFC WEST IS THE BEST

dfn_doe posted:

To be honest his wheelie was nearly at a full high-noon position and came up nice and smoothly.

That nice and smooth was the bike probably under full throttle struggling to get up

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
He doesn't even need to gas it, he just leans back a little and the front wheel pops right up.

I wonder if he had to cut the cheek pads out of his helmet so his jowls could fit.

orinth
Apr 15, 2003

NFC WEST IS THE BEST

GI Joe jobs
Jun 25, 2005

🎅🤜🤛👷

orinth posted:

Christ, did his friend run him over?

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Seems like he would have gotten way less hosed up if his friend would have just stopped completely and not continued to video tape him.

spacepirate
Feb 7, 2005
Yarr mateys!

dfn_doe posted:

Some days my commute to work yields interesting sights...

Heh, he looks a little hefty sized for that little bike.

I originally thought he was sitting on a huge pillow. Hope he opted for a litre bike!

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

Gullous posted:

Christ, did his friend run him over?

I wish there audio.

"TRUCK!"

Cuchulainn
May 19, 2007
It's like hide and seek, only with guns.

Pitre posted:

I picked up my new toy last week. So far, it kicks rear end. I had the dealer put on shotgun pipes, digital speedo/tach, air intake, and EFI remap before I picked it up.

I really, REALLY like the look of that bike.

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006

spacepirate posted:

Hope he opted for a litre bike!

I think it says "750" on the tail. In which case I am sad, because I love 750s

Bud Manstrong
Dec 11, 2003

The Curse of the Flying Criosphinx

iroc_dis posted:

I think it says "750" on the tail. In which case I am sad, because I love 750s

That's the built-in scale.

ranathari
May 26, 2006

by elpintogrande
With that much fat to act as a shock absorber, broken bones aren't going to be a problem when he crashes.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

orinth posted:

Maybe it's just the speed of the gif, but it doesn't look like he's going too fast to have avoided that truck. It must have been the thing where you concentrate on an object and for some reason can't swerve away from it. I've done that racing motocross before. Unless you look where you wanna go, you run right into what you're looking at.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Slim Pickens posted:

Maybe it's just the speed of the gif, but it doesn't look like he's going too fast to have avoided that truck. It must have been the thing where you concentrate on an object and for some reason can't swerve away from it. I've done that racing motocross before. Unless you look where you wanna go, you run right into what you're looking at.

Target fixation?

I had a friend do that to one of those big plastic mailboxes, the 'indestructible' ones they have at Home Depot. Totally missed a curve that wasn't sharp at all, and just nailed the box with his left handlebar. Sending him into a cool cartwheel.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
Pretty cool motorcycle awareness video. Not the one you have seen where they're all naked.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XPvcd0b1gHM

Also on the fat guy on the bike, in the last picture did he just set down a wheelie? Or does he roll around all the time with the front shocks compressed almost fully. Whoa.

Lastly, to add picture content, helping a friend out to build portfolio, I'm a SUPA STAR!

:cheers:

bung
Dec 14, 2004

Very graphic images at this link!

:nms: Motorcyclist crashes into Taco Bell :nms:

:nms: Also here if the first linked thread is deleted :nms:

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

I'm not sure if this English motorcycle awareness ad was already posted:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2EzbTZJCHJo

I keep wondering how they filmed it.

Local Yokel
Mar 16, 2005

If the moonshine don't kill me, I'll live 'till I die.

rope kid posted:

Holy poo poo this guy's Bonneville adventure power far exceeds my own.

EDIT: Also he has the same tank I'm getting. :whatup:

I'm quite sure that I saw this guy yesterday in Nebraska on I-80. I was westbound, he was eastbound, so I didn't get that great of a look, but how many bikes are rolling around with that much gear? I didn't remember where this guy supposedly was, so I came back to check. Bonneville is I-80 two states over, so is he trekking eastward?

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

Jesus Christ, my girlfriend was sitting behind me when I clicked this and now shes mad at me for riding motorcycles again. I'm a bit queezy now myself. Wonder how fast he was going and how he'd look if he had ANY gear on.

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006

I like how in some of those pictures, the body parts are unidentifiable. Ew.

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

Local Yokel posted:

I'm quite sure that I saw this guy yesterday in Nebraska on I-80. I was westbound, he was eastbound, so I didn't get that great of a look, but how many bikes are rolling around with that much gear? I didn't remember where this guy supposedly was, so I came back to check. Bonneville is I-80 two states over, so is he trekking eastward?
That's pretty unlikely... but possible. The rider is Norwegian (I think) and rode his Bonneville down to somewhere in Africa and back. You'd be surprised how many adventure bikes roll around with that much stuff on them.

Like the anonymous adventure rider who inspired me in San Diego. I saw this dude roll into a gas station on a filthy BMW 1150GSA with a female companion on the back and an ENORMOUS mound of gear lashed across the rack between two huge Touratech panniers. He had stickers from all over the world on his bike, including Iceland. He got off of his bike and removed his goggles, revealing the most leathery, travel-worn skin I have seen in memory.

I talked to him and found out that he was from Italy and basically just rides around all over the place with his lady. Epic.

intel_killer
Mar 8, 2006

Awwww Nuts!
These guys in NZ always have amazing ride photos.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=242185

I need to move there :(

DILLIGAF
Nov 16, 2003

I don't know, I find it hard to take hipster/non-hipster advice from someone with a Brony avatar!

Bob Morales posted:

This Wakan is my new favorite bike.

Overpriced, overhyped, vaporware with a loving Kuryaken hypercharger on the tank (another overhyped, overused, worthless peice of crap)

DogJet
Nov 15, 2004
Minister of Global Beatdown

Saukkis posted:

Do US cops use other bikes than Harleys?

This guy is in Oklahoma:

pretty sure it came from a drug seizure.

Neck Tooth
Sep 8, 2003

How I hate him.

rope kid posted:

I'm not sure if this English motorcycle awareness ad was already posted:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2EzbTZJCHJo

I keep wondering how they filmed it.

I've seen that one before, my only guess is "computers and poo poo."

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006
Pretty crazy. Not only does it have the sidecar, but look whats on the back, and what that would imply.

cmorrow001
Feb 22, 2003
apparently I shouldn't ask about pirating Windows

spacepirate posted:

I originally thought he was sitting on a huge pillow. Hope he opted for a litre bike!

It is a liter bike, but I still don't think its a good idea. Maybe I'm jsut jealous because he can do better wheelies than me.

23reasons
Mar 23, 2006

Sha Clack Clack

iroc_dis posted:

Pretty crazy. Not only does it have the sidecar, but look whats on the back, and what that would imply.

A wheelchair? Have you not seen those hydraulic "training wheel" affairs that allow paraplegics to ride motorbikes? They're pretty nifty.

orinth
Apr 15, 2003

NFC WEST IS THE BEST
Took some new pictures....

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

DogJet posted:

This guy is in Oklahoma:

pretty sure it came from a drug seizure.

The OHP is going to have to auction that bike along with other seizures. Texas is doing the same thing. The new policies are supposed to keep LEO's from taking "trophies".