Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Hokuto posted:

Legend of the Galactic Haruhi:

What is this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
It's Haruhi Suzumiya footage mixed with LOGH footage to create epic fleet battles.

abbad0n
Jan 25, 2005
Episode 104

The Therminador
Mar 31, 2004

Holy poo poo the episodes just keep coming!

Not that I'm complaining.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Wow, I'm really not seeing how they are going to conclude the series with only six episodes left unless they rush some things. Or maybe I'm just being dense.

Unknowing
Jan 22, 2005
It's news to me.
Despite being a fringe religious group, Terraists are spread throughout the upper echelons of the Imperial Government and Navy. They use their security access to nuke the entirity of the universe. Only Iserlohn and Earth are spared, becoming the last bastions of humanity. Also, Julian finally gets laid.

Robot Bastard
Jul 14, 2004

by Ozma
I have a horrible premonition that the very last line of the very last episode will be "...and now, we start the final battle to decide the fate of humanity!"

creamyhorror
Mar 11, 2006
the incredible adventures of superworm across America
I know it isn't likely but is there any way to obtain Central Anime's softsubs and view them with Nemesis' encodes? Or should I just re-download CA's...?

GeFFrod
Jul 17, 2006

by Eris Is Goddess
Hey guys. I found a megaupload with the OPs and EDs of LOTGH. Since no one was seeding the torrent, I thought I give you guys this wonderful find.
Enjoy.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5ONSWZQ7

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Holy crap, I go away for a couple of weeks and suddenly there's tons of LOGH to watch! :dance:

I can just imagine episode 99 as a total cliffhanger season ender.

GeFFrod
Jul 17, 2006

by Eris Is Goddess
Holy gently caress on a stick. The megaupload has most everyone of them EXCEPT:

SEA OF THE STARS
Composer = Kawabe Makoto
Arranger = Kazato Shinsuke
Lyricist / Singer = LISA

Can anyone tell me where I can buy/download/pray to get them? Thanks a bunch.

abbad0n
Jan 25, 2005
Episode 105

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

abbad0n posted:

Episode 105

:dance:

abbad0n
Jan 25, 2005
Episode 106

The Therminador
Mar 31, 2004

Reinhard's sister sure is not to be messed with.
drat!

KapnK12
Sep 3, 2004

abbad0n posted:

Episode 106

:holy: I cant believe how close to the end we are!

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Uberfrog posted:

Reinhard's sister sure is not to be messed with.
drat!
No poo poo, what a righteous gal.

I can't believe that this is only 110 episodes, it seems like there's still tons of things to happen.

Chris Knight fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Jun 23, 2007

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

Chris Knight posted:

I can't believe that this is only 110 episodes, it seesm like there's still tons of things to happen.

I know, I have a bad feeling we'll be left with a lot of stuff unfulfilled. That or the next few episodes will be a bloodbath for characters. 106 annoyed me with how the MPs stood around like retards while the provisional palace burned down. Hilda and Annerose are lucky they have character shields.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
And yet I say "only 110." After 106, I want to go back and start watching from the beginning again. :)

pyo
Nov 18, 2003

... !
The wonderful thing with this show is that it never felt like they used an episode as a filler with no meaning.

gerogarygaygaygay
May 30, 2004

by DocEvil
I've watched 84 episodes of this show in the last two weeks.

what is wrong with me :(

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

Mulled Ciderbomb posted:

Nothing.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Mulled Ciderbomb posted:

This is as it should be.

cooldude2.0
Oct 12, 2004
Grimey Drawer

Chris Knight posted:

I can't believe that this is only 110 episodes, it seems like there's still tons of things to happen.
I'm guessing they do more of the "later she would become Mrs. Whatshisname" type thing. that'd solve it.

Whenever my roommate walks in and I'm watching this he just says something about the animation style and says he'll never watch it. the heathen.

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

cooldude2.0 posted:

I'm guessing they do more of the "later she would become Mrs. Whatshisname" type thing. that'd solve it.

Whenever my roommate walks in and I'm watching this he just says something about the animation style and says he'll never watch it. the heathen.

My end is the opposite. I have a friend who absolutely hates anime, but will watch LOGH. He likes it purely because its so unusual for an anime; no mecha, no superpowers, no shrill & annoying voices, and no horrible character designs.

Is anyone else tired of Kircheis flashbacks? Sure, he was Reinhard's best friend and practically a family member, but they killed him off so early in the series that I feel the viewer simply never gets an attachment to his character like they do with others, like Yang for example.

EDITED for less confusion.

Vernii fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Jun 25, 2007

BIOJECT
May 12, 2006

Vernii posted:

My end is the opposite. I have a friend who absolutely hates anime, but will watch LOGH. He likes it purely because its so unusual for an anime; no mecha, no superpowers, no shrill & annoying voices, and horrible character designs.

Is anyone else tired of Kircheis flashbacks? Sure, he was Reinhard's best friend and practically a family member, but they killed him off so early in the series that I feel the viewer simply never gets an attachment to his character like they do with others, like Yang for example.

Horrible character designs? I'd agree they are old, but by no means horrible.

I think they're fine. Hasn't it been quite a while since the last time they'd shown him? Besides, they needed to show why Reinhard's son was named the way he was. :)

The Therminador
Mar 31, 2004

I think he means that most animes other than LoGH have horrible character designs. Anyway, that's what would make sense to me.

The only reason LoGH falls in the 'anime' category is because it's an animated TV show made in Japan. Which, in all honesty, should be the only way to define anime and shouldn't be a big deal in any way. But somehow people never fail to be surprised when they're told that not all such shows are about superpowerful teenagers or panty-shots of saucer-eyed little girls.

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

Uberfrog posted:

I think he means that most animes other than LoGH have horrible character designs. Anyway, that's what would make sense to me.

Yeah, that's what I meant. Sorry for the confusion. I've edited it to what I meant to say (posting at 5 AM is a bad idea).

SageSepth
May 10, 2004
Luck is probability given way to superstition
just picked up the first 4 episodes im going to watch later today, i was looking at the CA link in the OP, and there's a bunch of episode groups where there are no seeders at all, when i get to those episodes/if i do anyway, would anyone mind seeding?

The Therminador
Mar 31, 2004

I'll do it. Just say what and when :)

SageSepth
May 10, 2004
Just got done with the first episode, the opening song and art style almost ended the show for me but by the end of the first episode i was pleasently suprised. I like that it has alot of stories and it's on a large scale, so far so good, time to check out episode 2

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

SageSepth posted:

Just got done with the first episode, the opening song and art style almost ended the show for me but by the end of the first episode i was pleasently suprised. I like that it has alot of stories and it's on a large scale, so far so good, time to check out episode 2

The art improves dramatically as the show gets into later episodes.

SageSepth
May 10, 2004
hmmm well i finished the first 4 episodes and i have to say i like the show well enough, hopefully i can get the next episode pack tonight and watch it, though i thought the episode with the silly PKC secret police was stupid, 14 dudes for 1 chick in broad day light at a military memorial with grieving people in the building. Followed by them heading to the hero of the battles house and attacking. That seemed dumb but outside of that no real complaints with the first 4 episodes.

Oh there was that one scene where the Sec of defense tells the miltary band to play the anthem and you look at the band, it's clearly all horn instraments and yet the anthem is all violins and cellos, i thought that was pretty funny. but yeah pretty good show so far.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

SageSepth posted:

Oh there was that one scene where the Sec of defense tells the miltary band to play the anthem and you look at the band, it's clearly all horn instraments and yet the anthem is all violins and cellos, i thought that was pretty funny. but yeah pretty good show so far.
Japanese horns sound like violins. :eng101:

Anyway, glad you're converted! It only gets better.

Sage_Septh
Apr 18, 2003
$0 l!3k y0
I liked 5-8 alot too, yeah this show is pretty cool, im glad i found out about it. I thought the whole roman thing was pretty cool too, i thought it was kind of silly though that the guy was actually upset at himself cause someone actually died in his battle, also does anyone else get a slightly gay vibe between Reinhard and Sieg?

The_Guy
Mar 1, 2004

Eventually they always run out of other people's tiles.

Sage_Septh posted:

Does anyone else get a slightly gay vibe between Reinhard and Sieg?

Oh you did not just go there! :can:

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Sage_Septh posted:

gay vibe
Somebody didn't click the link at the end of the OP.

gerogarygaygaygay
May 30, 2004

by DocEvil
so is this series going to continue to kill off characters I like until it's nothing but the Reinhard Flashback Half-Hour of Power because god drat do the writers seem to love doing that.

how many episodes are left, is the series even complete yet in Japan? It could easily follow another generation of great characters considering how they've written it so far but I can't imagine they've kept animating it this long.

ps between reinhard/emil yang/julian and reinhard/sieg good god is this series ever gay and strangely pedophilic
I laughed out loud at that one time when Count Marindorf said "Thank goodness his majesty doesn't lean the other way"

abbad0n
Jan 25, 2005

Mulled Ciderbomb posted:

so is this series going to continue to kill off characters I like until it's nothing but the Reinhard Flashback Half-Hour of Power because god drat do the writers seem to love doing that.

Don't know how far into the series you are, but yes, more characters die. Whether you like them or not is entirely up to you.

quote:

how many episodes are left, is the series even complete yet in Japan? It could easily follow another generation of great characters considering how they've written it so far but I can't imagine they've kept animating it this long.

The series is complete in Japan (and has been for years). CA has been subbing it for a good long while and have almost completed the entire main series totaling 110 episodes. Supposedly they have plans to start in on the movies (2) and side stories (around 60 episodes I believe) after they finish. But if they decide to take a break before doing so I'm not gonna blame them.

I believe all of this information is in the OP if you wish to read it.

Edited for grammer. :)

abbad0n fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Jun 30, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abbad0n
Jan 25, 2005
Episode 107