Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Man, you motherlovers are fast. It's funny, cuz as a kid you have no concept of horror comedy, it's just an evil box you should look away from lest it come home with you...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

Alan Smithee posted:

Man, you motherlovers are fast. It's funny, cuz as a kid you have no concept of horror comedy, it's just an evil box you should look away from lest it come home with you...

I wonder if new dvd covers still have that effect on little kids, things like the little Monkey Shines toy made a big impression on my wee little mind. I hope that things haven't changed much in that regard.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Pweller posted:

I wonder if new dvd covers still have that effect on little kids, things like the little Monkey Shines toy made a big impression on my wee little mind. I hope that things haven't changed much in that regard.

Judging by my little sister, they're much more jaded nowadays (or I'm just a huge loving pussy).

By the by, what is that totally Lifetime movie with that brunette with the kinda worried eyes in which there's a scene where she leaves her son/daughter (abt 5 years old) in a playground somewhere and then the CPS comes to pick up the kid. It's like she's too poor or something and she has to do it and it's a total tear jerker when you're 10 years old (maybe still, probably).

Smoogle
Aug 12, 2005
Does anyone know the name of a movie in which about 4 kids, one of whom was a girl with really short brown hair, found a monster in a lake. The children could only see his eye, thats all i have to go on, anyone know this movie?

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Smoogle posted:

Does anyone know the name of a movie in which about 4 kids, one of whom was a girl with really short brown hair, found a monster in a lake. The children could only see his eye, thats all i have to go on, anyone know this movie?

Is it getting airplay on Showtime-ish channels right now? If so, it might be Magic in the Water.
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0113737/

Smoogle
Aug 12, 2005
Yes, according to my girlfriend that's it. Thanks, it was really bugging her and I knew someone on the forums would figure it out :)

Lunaran
Feb 21, 2003

This is one of my first memories of anything, so this might be pretty vague. I remember my dad watching this on TV in the mid-80's. It's science fiction, and all I remember is the ending.

Hero guy runs out of some secret base in the woods, and these really cheesy 80's security guard types with space goggles come out and fire their lasers after him. He steals a semi-trailer with something important in the back, like a big silver box with glowing red techy bits, and drives off with it. As he drives the casing is shown slowly burning away in the trailer.

A guy with a total 80's beard pulls up next to the semi in a jeep and yells "You're not gonna make it!" but the hero stares resolutely at him for a second and then drives the semi off a cliff into the water, thus somehow saving the day I guess.

These images have been lodged in the darkest corner of my brain for my entire life. I have to connect them to a full movie, I don't care how stupid it turns out to be.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Lunaran posted:

Hero guy runs out of some secret base in the woods, and these really cheesy 80's security guard types with space goggles come out and fire their lasers after him. He steals a semi-trailer with something important in the back, like a big silver box with glowing red techy bits, and drives off with it. As he drives the casing is shown slowly burning away in the trailer.

A guy with a total 80's beard pulls up next to the semi in a jeep and yells "You're not gonna make it!" but the hero stares resolutely at him for a second and then drives the semi off a cliff into the water, thus somehow saving the day I guess.
I-Man, starring Scott Bakula:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091248/

Here's the scene you remember:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2of-TB86axE

Lunaran
Feb 21, 2003

holy crap it's like I even get turndown service.

I remember it being cooler. :(

Ironf
Jul 29, 2004
Visit Homegame Industries www.homegame.org

Big Steveo posted:

This is a very vague description of what I remember but it was a movie which tied into Chess. The story was that there were a group of murders which was masterminded by a man who left clues Chess style. It's been bugging me for weeks. Anyone lead me onto the right track?

Knight Moves http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0104627/ with Christopher Lambert?

Maximus8198 posted:

Good luck to whoever attempts this one, I don't have too many clues as to what it is.

I saw this movie possibly 2 summers ago on Sci-Fi channel at 4 AM. Although I saw it on Sci-Fi, I do not believe it was a Sci-Fi made movie. The movie seemed much like Bruce Campbell movies, although he was not in it (read: over-the-top, blatant satirism, comedic sci-fi). All I can remember is that the main character time travelled and he fought aliens. If I remember correctly he worked for the government as well. In addition to this, I believe the movie may have been a sequel. Also, I believe that the movie's title was fairly long (at least 4 or 5 words), if that helps at all.

Hopefully someone knows what I'm talking about, because I sure don't.

Going out on a limb and saying you actually might have seen the second in the series of...Trancers? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103116/

Part two was subtitled The Return of Jack Deth. He was played by Tim Thomerson who kinda looks like an older Bruce and has the same comedy stylings I think. Plus it was Full Moon video which were all low budget comedy scifi really.

One of my own that no one will probably get because I'm dreadfully short on. It's one I half watched through sleep one late late night. It was black and white, a Navy theme, set on a submarine I think, comedy, and I remember the ending zinger was someone had an operation and the surgeon sewed two marbles into the guy so he'd have to hear them rattling off of each other. I can't remember who was in it or anything unfortunately

Hoborg
Oct 19, 2006

by T. Mascis
I was reminded of two "family" movies from the early 1990s a while ago, as much as I'm ashamed to be even looking into them, it's something I want to settle (rest assured, there's no intention to watch them).

Anyway, there's one where some guy (obviously a father), who'se soul (I think) enters a home-made robot's body (he's got presenter microphones for ears). Near the end he decides to kill himself, the screen shows static, and the robot says he's lonely.

Then there was another, it was about (I think) a yellow taxi cab which did everything. It had a wind-up engine in the back for when there was no gas, wheels that turned 90-Deg so the car could climb up between buildings in alleys. It also had a suction cup to attach to the underside of a cable-car. IIRC the human stars were Italian-American and it was set in New York.

Ty!

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

W3bbo posted:

Anyway, there's one where some guy (obviously a father), who'se soul (I think) enters a home-made robot's body (he's got presenter microphones for ears). Near the end he decides to kill himself, the screen shows static, and the robot says he's lonely.

Could be 'And you thought your parents were weird'.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0101343/

Fantastipotamus
Nov 19, 2002

Nothing's wrong. Nothing is wrong. Everything is on track.
Here's one I can't recall the name of..

All I really remember is at that it was one of those 80's kids movies that were somewhat scary (like 'The Watcher in the Woods'), but at the climax, the main characters were.. "fighting" I guess what looked to be a derelict steam shovel in the middle of a pond.

This is incredibly hazy in my memory, so I wouldn't be surprised if a key piece is wrong, and no one gets it. :)

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Fantastipotamus posted:

Here's one I can't recall the name of..

All I really remember is at that it was one of those 80's kids movies that were somewhat scary (like 'The Watcher in the Woods'), but at the climax, the main characters were.. "fighting" I guess what looked to be a derelict steam shovel in the middle of a pond.

This is incredibly hazy in my memory, so I wouldn't be surprised if a key piece is wrong, and no one gets it. :)

I'm pretty sure this is the movie The Quest. The monster legend was that it was a donkey engine tractor that gets shortened to an Aboriginal name.
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0091810/

Hoborg
Oct 19, 2006

by T. Mascis

Unkempt posted:

Could be 'And you thought your parents were weird'.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0101343/

aye, that's the one. Thanks muchly.

Any ideas on the taxi one?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
2 movies

1) Movie about 2 city cops, both black guys who are partners. I'm not too sure which city but I would guess east coast, maybe Chicago or Detroit, MAYBE New York. So anyway one cop at one point has a bad dream about getting shot in the middle of the street in broad daylight and people just walk over his body like it's nothing, he wakes up in a cold sweat. Later he and his partner respond to a call, apparently they show this drug dealer type and some dude who's pissed him off, and he starts chasing him with a pistol (I think the soundtrack is like "you gotta run real fast!"), the dream dude's partner winds up in a staircase, sees the drug dealer and yells at him, sort of slow motiony. The drug dealer caps him in the stairwell (he's on a higher position) and moves on. His partner finds him and starts bawling while holding him.

2) Comedy Central used to play this. I don't remember anyone who starred in it or even who's the hero but anyway, the setting is like a beachhouse belonging to a loaded guy. One scene a rich guy shows up to his house and the cops search him for some reason. They find condoms in his wallet and his trophy wife/girlfriend gets pissed and slaps him.

Another scene: Dude is making it with a chick in a bathtub when someone comes in and disturbs their action. The chick's back is towards the camera so you can't see anything, plus she covers up by doing the X with her arms (she's on top)

Later scene: Bad guy/hitman type is trying to kill the rich loaded guy OR the guy in the bathtub (I think they were different characters) using a remote controlled helicopter. How he planned to actually kill him I don't know. I think the hero of the movie is trying to stop him

phobophobia
Jul 4, 2007

GUYS I CANT WAIT HERE ALL DAY FOR THE WORMS TOURNAMENT, WAIT YES I CAN.
Sometime between 1985 and 1991, I saw a rented VHS of a scifi/horror film. I never saw the whole movie, but I can rmemeber bits of it. I was between 5-10 years old at the time, so apologies if there's not a lot to work with here. Yes, I shouldn't have been watching horror film, but hey. ;-)

Here's the plot, or part of it anyway:
1) Guy goes into some sort of vacuum chamber. Walls are white, it's about the size of a small room. He's in there by accident, and the vacuum sequence starts. The lab people can't open the door, and the guy inside dies. All the time while this is happening, there's a dog in a cage, and it's outside. This was originally going to be the subject of the vacuum experiment. I think he was wearing a suit (as in suit and tie).

Later on in the film

2) Same (?) dead guy is placed on some sort of machine. It's in a dingy, dark room, and the machine brings him back to life. There are lights on the machine, it's a horizontal platform, and the guy is thrashing about, then he's ok after the process is done. I think the lights shine upward. No idea where the machine is or how they found it.

Later on...

3) I don't remember this in much detail, but there's some unintended consequence, and his skin has some sort of problem, he looks at his hand/wrist/something and the skin comes off, it's weird inside. Sorry, no more details.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

phobophobia posted:

Sometime between 1985 and 1991...

I can't make heads or tails of the dog in a suit part, but there's large parts of this that conjure Dead Heat to memory. The horizontal table, the chamber, it all seems sort of correct.
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0094961/
http://youtube.com/watch?v=m-cuqDjpwnA

Besides, if it isn't, at least you can enjoy the lovely Zombie Duck Heads. It really is a kickass 80s cheeseball.

Encryptic
May 3, 2007

Ape Agitator posted:

I can't make heads or tails of the dog in a suit part, but there's large parts of this that conjure Dead Heat to memory. The horizontal table, the chamber, it all seems sort of correct.
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0094961/
http://youtube.com/watch?v=m-cuqDjpwnA

Besides, if it isn't, at least you can enjoy the lovely Zombie Duck Heads. It really is a kickass 80s cheeseball.

gently caress, beaten like a $2 whore. I was going to post Dead Heat because that's exactly what it sounds like.

I love that movie. It's so incredibly cheesy but funny nonetheless. The butcher shop scene (Zombie Duck Heads!) is worth watching the movie for alone.

Rodney Munch
May 4, 2006

IT'S NOT MY FAULT THAT MY GENES HATE HOMOSEXUALS
This one might be rough since I really remember jack poo poo, but i'll give it a go anyways.

It's a thriller or maybe a murder mystery type movie that came out somewhere in the early to mid 90's. The only part I really remember was the ending. It had one of those surprise twist endings where the bad guy is finally revealed. Turns out that one of the main characters who you thought was a good guy ends up being the badguy/killer/traitor or whatever. I'm also pretty positive he was black, possibly Morgan Freeman or Laurence Fishburne although I guess it could have been anyone. I think the main protagonist might have been female but I could be wrong there too.

Oh yeah the one part I do remember is that this final scene with the big reveal takes place at night in a swamp. Probably New Orleans although I guess it could be Florida too.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?

Rodney Munch posted:

This one might be rough since I really remember jack poo poo, but i'll give it a go anyways.

It's a thriller or maybe a murder mystery type movie that came out somewhere in the early to mid 90's. The only part I really remember was the ending. It had one of those surprise twist endings where the bad guy is finally revealed. Turns out that one of the main characters who you thought was a good guy ends up being the badguy/killer/traitor or whatever. I'm also pretty positive he was black, possibly Morgan Freeman or Laurence Fishburne although I guess it could have been anyone. I think the main protagonist might have been female but I could be wrong there too.

Oh yeah the one part I do remember is that this final scene with the big reveal takes place at night in a swamp. Probably New Orleans although I guess it could be Florida too.

Sounds like that piece of poo poo Twisted but that came out in 2004.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Rodney Munch posted:

Could be Just Cause perhaps.
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0113501/

Rodney Munch
May 4, 2006

IT'S NOT MY FAULT THAT MY GENES HATE HOMOSEXUALS

Ape Agitator posted:

Could be Just Cause perhaps.
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0113501/

Oh poo poo I bet thats it. The swamp thing is too money.

Anyone know if this movie has "big reveal"?

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755
There's a movie, with a Bob Dylan cameo in it. It's based in New York, I think, and the plot has them trying to save a theatre. I seem to think there's a significant link to New Years' Eve as well.

Lil Danzig
Mar 1, 2007
I feel like I'm the only one here who's getting no satisfaction, so I'm going to post it again. This has been an ongoing mystery for me for like five years now, and my letter to the Onion AV Club about it even ran, and was greeted with more wrong guesses and 'I dunnos'.

Early/Mid-80s for sure -- probably 86 or 87. Possibly a movie, possibly an episode of one of the long-form 'sci-fi' programs like Amazing Stories or Tales from the Darkside. What I do remember about it is that it was vaguely based on a shortstory "Mimsy Were the Borogoves" (which was also the inspiration for that "Last Mimzy" movie) and shared a lot of ideas with it.

Basically, it was about a neighborhood group of kids that discover a game that's a flashing memory light-and-sound puzzle, like Simon. The kids all get hooked on playing the game but then, one by one, they start to disappear. If I remember correctly, you never really find out what happened to the kids, but you get the impression that they've been 'summoned' somewhere magically once they complete the game. You never saw where they went, though, and I can't remember if it was even explicitly stated.

It's not a 'Flight of the Navigator' type of story where you follow a main character on a transformational journey, most of the movie (if I remember correctly) focused on the main character's family (I think they were going through a divorce at the time) and the parents were worried about their son's behaviour and obsession with the game. Eventually, the main character disappears too, and the last scene -- which I vividly remember -- is the father sitting on the son's bed once he's gone, playing the game, trying to beat it and be reunited with him. The dad was a tall wiry guy with a beard and glasses, I'm pretty sure.

So, to stem the tide, here is a list of things it is NOT:

Arcade (which might be a previous poster's mystery movie, actually, I believe it's about a 'rockin' teenager who gets sucked into a game.)
The Last Starfighter
Flight of the Navigator
Some weird animated French version of "Mimsy were the Borogoves".
Close Encounters of the Third Kind (I get this answer a lot and, after rewatching Close Encounters, I can see why -- the spaceship looks and sounds JUST like a simon game.)

If anybody can help -- PLEASE. I'm begging you guys. This has literally been bugging me for years because I want to see it again and absolutely nobody has the answer. :(

Hakkeshu
Aug 10, 2005

Blinging in the Wastes!
In the late 80s I saw this movie about this house this family moves into. It was haunted and the only scene I remember is the ghost or whatever making the kids iguana flying through the air where it scared the poo poo out of the grandma (I think) and made her fall out the 2nd story window to her death.

Octorok
Mar 27, 2007

I caught bits and pieces of this Buster Keaton movie- well, I could be mistaken, but it was a silent film.
The general plot was the main character attending some prestigious college because he's some sort of genius, but instead of studying, he keeps trying out for various sports to impress the girl he loves.
Some scenes include trying to work at a soda fountain and then putting on black-face makeup to work at a cafe.

Any ideas?

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

Octorok posted:

I caught bits and pieces of this Buster Keaton movie- well, I could be mistaken, but it was a silent film.
The general plot was the main character attending some prestigious college because he's some sort of genius, but instead of studying, he keeps trying out for various sports to impress the girl he loves.
Some scenes include trying to work at a soda fountain and then putting on black-face makeup to work at a cafe.

Any ideas?

College (1927)

Gyver
Jun 24, 2005

My entire life has been full of wrong choices.

Hakkeshu posted:

In the late 80s I saw this movie about this house this family moves into. It was haunted and the only scene I remember is the ghost or whatever making the kids iguana flying through the air where it scared the poo poo out of the grandma (I think) and made her fall out the 2nd story window to her death.

That's probably Don't Go to Sleep. I'm not sure about flying iguanas but the grandmother dies of a heart attack when the pet iguana gets loose, and there is a ghost.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083844/

Octorok
Mar 27, 2007

Pweller posted:

College (1927)
That would be it.
Thanks a bunch!

Nendesal
Dec 5, 2003
Movie Type: Horror/sci fi

When and where? I remember watching this on cinimax or HBO in the late 80's.

I'm not sure on the exact plot, I just know it involved an Alien that looked like a man in a buisness suit and sunglasses. To kill he would remove his glasses and shoot eyebeams, disintigrating his victims. I only remember a few scenes, one, when he goes to answer the door and it's a topless call girl, saying "Hi!!" or something and is then immediatly eyebeamed. And the final scene after he is destroyed where I think it just zooms in on his grave and then to the sky.

What is it about 80's horror movies that burn themselves into our childhood psyche?

ScorpOMG
Jul 7, 2002
Wacky man
Movie type - martial arts tournament type film that was popular in the late 80s.

Where - I watched it on basic cable probably in the late 80s or early 90s. It probably came out sometime in the 80s.

It was like Bloodsport, but with swords and similar weapons. The point was to kill who you were fighting. I seem to remember that the people in the fight were forced to fight for some reason. I remember there was a scene in the dark or a dungeon-like area where these two guys who were friends were preparing to fight and talking about which weapon they would pick. I remember one guy used a sword, one guy had a mace, one guy had one of those things that looks like a sword on a stick, etc.

I think that it claimed to be based on a true story, but I'm not sure (I might be thinking of Bloodsport for that one).

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
movie type - kids/sci-fi

edit nevermind this one is flight of the navigator
i remember a movie from when I was a kid, either the late 80s or early 90s, where some kid comes across a silver spaceship and flies around the country, i remember the spaceship really well, it was pointy and arrow shaped and silver. the alien had alot of weird alien animals inside of his spaceship. i dont really remember alot about the movie :-/

also theres another movie with basically the same premise where some kids invent some sort of weird energy ball thing and they go to outer space with it or something. I think they end up getting picked up by aliens, and the aliens communicated through television shows. they had suction cup fingers and i think big pouty human looking lips and fat cheeks. Again these are really vague, sorry

ilikedirt fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Jul 9, 2007

Flatpoint High
Jun 17, 2005

I'm not adopted and I'm not an Indian. It's just a coincidence that I have a love of gambling and booze and a knack for catching syphilis.

Ilikedirt posted:

movie type - kids/sci-fi
also theres another movie with basically the same premise where some kids invent some sort of weird energy ball thing and they go to outer space with it or something. I think they end up getting picked up by aliens, and the aliens communicated through television shows. they had suction cup fingers and i think big pouty human looking lips and fat cheeks. Again these are really vague, sorry

This is Explorers. Starring River Phoenix and Ethan Hawk. The male alien is Robert Picardo, aka Voyager's Holographic Doctor.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Ilikedirt posted:

Unquestionably Explorers. It comes up a handful of times over the lifetime of these threads.
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0089114/
http://youtube.com/watch?v=cikBVlqT__o

Edit: Bastard. But I have links and video!

Ape Agitator fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Jul 9, 2007

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

ScorpOMG posted:

Movie type - martial arts tournament type film that was popular in the late 80s.

Where - I watched it on basic cable probably in the late 80s or early 90s. It probably came out sometime in the 80s.

It was like Bloodsport, but with swords and similar weapons. The point was to kill who you were fighting. I seem to remember that the people in the fight were forced to fight for some reason. I remember there was a scene in the dark or a dungeon-like area where these two guys who were friends were preparing to fight and talking about which weapon they would pick. I remember one guy used a sword, one guy had a mace, one guy had one of those things that looks like a sword on a stick, etc.

I think that it claimed to be based on a true story, but I'm not sure (I might be thinking of Bloodsport for that one).

Firepower (1994) ?

Captain Equinox
Sep 15, 2005

By day a mild-mannered college professor, by night Kiki, go-go dancer at the Pussycat Club. But twice a year, he's... CAPTAIN EQUINOX!

Nendesal posted:

Movie Type: Horror/sci fi

When and where? I remember watching this on cinimax or HBO in the late 80's.

I'm not sure on the exact plot, I just know it involved an Alien that looked like a man in a buisness suit and sunglasses. To kill he would remove his glasses and shoot eyebeams, disintigrating his victims. I only remember a few scenes, one, when he goes to answer the door and it's a topless call girl, saying "Hi!!" or something and is then immediatly eyebeamed. And the final scene after he is destroyed where I think it just zooms in on his grave and then to the sky.

What is it about 80's horror movies that burn themselves into our childhood psyche?

Sounds like Not Of This Earth
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0095756/

Nendesal
Dec 5, 2003

Captain Equinox posted:

Sounds like Not Of This Earth
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0095756/

Thats defenitly it, as I'm recognizing some of the other actors. Is there a scene in that movie where the doctor/scientist is trying to escape his lab and a glass door descends and chops him in half? Thats another scene I couldn't ever remember where it was from, but now I'm thinking it might be from the same movie.

Nendesal fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Jul 9, 2007

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

I hope this hasn't been asked, but a long time ago, I remember seeing this movie on the Sci-Fi channel. I don't remember much about it, except the bad guys were bugs, I think they were yellowish roaches. The way the bugs attacked people was by going inside them or something. I remember one scene, this farmer guy just started saying something about his stomach itching horribly or something like that. He tears off his shirt, and it shows the bugs crawling around under his skin. I don't remember how he died, but I think it had something to do with the roaches coming out of his mouth or something like that. I also remember the end scene of the movie, where it shows a roach crawling out of a floating piece of wood, and the wood is predictably floating towards a big city. It's been buzzing around my head lately and I'd really like to know what it is, so I can see it again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?

Cowman posted:

I hope this hasn't been asked, but a long time ago, I remember seeing this movie on the Sci-Fi channel. I don't remember much about it, except the bad guys were bugs, I think they were yellowish roaches. The way the bugs attacked people was by going inside them or something. I remember one scene, this farmer guy just started saying something about his stomach itching horribly or something like that. He tears off his shirt, and it shows the bugs crawling around under his skin. I don't remember how he died, but I think it had something to do with the roaches coming out of his mouth or something like that. I also remember the end scene of the movie, where it shows a roach crawling out of a floating piece of wood, and the wood is predictably floating towards a big city. It's been buzzing around my head lately and I'd really like to know what it is, so I can see it again.

Sounds a little like Ticks (aka Infested) starring a pre fame Seth Green.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0108339/