Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darkshot
Jul 9, 2007

by Fragmaster
I heard a rap song, might've been Bone Thugs N' Harmony, and part of the beat was loading a gun and firing two shots. Anyone know what song I'm talking about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

subscreet
Jul 1, 2007
I heard this song on the radio the other day, it's a recent song and it was on a top 8 countdown. All I remember is that there was this whistle sound with some reverb and a female vocalist. The whistle sounded kinda like some wild-west type tune.

Zerotheos
Jan 2, 2005
Z
Help me identify an album.

I was listening to Pandora. The station was set to Isis - Panopticon. The only thing I remember about the song was that the album cover art was a picture of a white snarling wolf set against a snowy backdrop. Any ideas?

Kaws
Aug 11, 2005

Darkshot posted:

I heard a rap song, might've been Bone Thugs N' Harmony, and part of the beat was loading a gun and firing two shots. Anyone know what song I'm talking about?

Sounds like Bone Thugs-N'-Harmony - "Thug Luv" with Tupac.

AndItsAllGone
Oct 8, 2003

Zerotheos posted:

Help me identify an album.

I was listening to Pandora. The station was set to Isis - Panopticon. The only thing I remember about the song was that the album cover art was a picture of a white snarling wolf set against a snowy backdrop. Any ideas?

Could this have been Times of Grace by Neurosis?

PUSSY BARON
Dec 25, 2005

by mons all madden
does anybody know where the sample in DJ Food's Turtle Soup is from, or any other songs which use the same sample. it is familiar as hell and driving me crazy. edit: AHA it's axe puzzles by Quasimoto.

PUSSY BARON fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jul 20, 2007

Aulus
Mar 7, 2005

Le monde entier!
Est un cactus!
Il est impossible de s'asseoir!

Gargield posted:

Yesterday I heard a song on the radio, but I don't remember anything about it except that:

1) It was alternative if anything, though that's kind of vague
2) There were two singers, a guy and a girl
3) The guy sounded exactly like Stewie Griffin

Anyone have any idea what this is?
Whenever I hear "alternative" and "guy and girl", I think Mates of State. The guy sounds sort of like Stewie Griffin, I guess...?

jobehaix
Feb 16, 2004

A turtle? Yes, a turtle.

subscreet posted:

I heard this song on the radio the other day, it's a recent song and it was on a top 8 countdown.
If it's a new song that is popular (which it must be if it's on a Top 8 countdown), then check out this list here...
http://www.xmradio.com/programming/20on20_vote.jsp

XM Radio 20/20 is basically all of the new and popular songs out right now. You vote for something like 60 songs, but they only play the top 20. See if it's one of these.

Zerotheos
Jan 2, 2005
Z

AndItsAllGone posted:

Could this have been Times of Grace by Neurosis?

I just looked that album art up on iTunes. That's not it.

The art was much more photo realistic and the wolf head was facing to the right. I'm far too obsessed with finding this. :saddowns:

jeff8472
Dec 28, 2000

He died from watch-in-ass disease

subscreet posted:

I heard this song on the radio the other day, it's a recent song and it was on a top 8 countdown. All I remember is that there was this whistle sound with some reverb and a female vocalist. The whistle sounded kinda like some wild-west type tune.

Peter, Bjorn and John - Young Folks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51V1VMkuyx0

Its the only popular song with whistling in it as far as I know. The vocalist may be mistaken for a woman?

subscreet
Jul 1, 2007
Thanks dude, I actually heard it on the radio a few minutes ago as I was driving home. One of the vocalists definitely sounds female.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
This one is rather obscure. I thought it was by Placebo for some reason apparently its not.

Anyway here are some of the lyrics and maybe you can help me find it.

I was hanging from a tree unaccustomed to such violence
Jesus Looking down on me
Must be through some act of (something I cant remember)

Chorus

Hemoglobin is the key to a healthy heartbeat

I could have sworn the title of the song was Hemoglobin by Placebo but apparently I am wrong. Anyway please help with this its driving me nuts and I can't find my original mix CD with it on there.

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.
Ehh, I'm pretty sure that is Placebo's "Haemoglobin" from Black Market Music.

Sweetwater Kill
Jun 7, 2006

La vierge Marie vous regarde.

subscreet posted:

Thanks dude, I actually heard it on the radio a few minutes ago as I was driving home. One of the vocalists definitely sounds female.

Yes, there is a female guest vocalist on that song. Victoria Bergsman is her name.

foundtomorrow
Feb 10, 2007
I'm looking for the title of an old (I think) country and western song that talks about a big strong guy that works in a mine or something like that and he never smiles or talks to anyone. Then one day this big tree falls inside the mine or something like that and he holds this huge tree up while everyone rushes out before it crushes them and everyone gets out alive. He finally has to let the tree down and he dies all by himself under the tree.

I think it might be Kris Kristofferson or Johnny Cash but I can't find it.

Edit: Found it, big bad john.

foundtomorrow fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Jul 24, 2007

Spiffy Marlin
Dec 19, 2006
Need help identifying a classic rock song I heard on the radio. The only snippet I can remember is a high pitched chorus singing something along the lines of "You know sorrow / you know shame / Will we ever / meet again?"

I google'd it and never found what I was looking for.

STEVIE B 4EVA
Nov 13, 2005

girl in the slayer jacket            i am searching for you

Spiffy Marlin posted:

Supertramp "Goodbye Stranger"

Spiffy Marlin
Dec 19, 2006

lastclearchance posted:

Supertramp "Goodbye Stranger"

Thank you very much!

FieryMatrix
Dec 22, 2006

CORROSIVE
Causes severe eye and skin burns

FieryMatrix fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Oct 18, 2020

Geistling
Jan 14, 2007
Let's rock!
Okay, this is one that's been bugging me for years. It's more about the music video that went with the song than the song itself, but I'd like to know the song too. The last time I heard it was... before 2004, at the very least. The song itself was this very vague, trancey electronica which sounded very vaguely reminiscent of Alice Deejay's "Better off Alone," though I may only remember it like that because I knew so little about electronic music at the time.

The music video itself was this somewhat disturbing 3-D animation starting off with a dancing cow, who I think we see get taken into the back room of a fast food place and has its sides hacked off and put through the meat grinder and turned into hamburger meat, which is subsequently cooked and given to fat customers to eat. Some ordinary guy sees what's going on and somehow manages to "fight the system," which ends with the cow, with half its midsection hacked away, taking the butcher knife once used on it to the fat, greedy owner of the restaurant. I think the man responsible for the righting of wrongs then eats a manburger.

If anybody could help me out with this, I'd be really happy.

Tsathoggua
Apr 6, 2005
I am not eat breakfast food.
I've been googling this for the past two hours after having the tune stuck in my head for weeks.

It's a cover of Gary Numan's Poison. The "New corruption, know what I mean" line is very prominent and it's goth/industrial type music.

Hopefully somebody knows what the band is.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark
I need to know the song that is in a commercial. The lyrics I remember are something like "when we are driving down the street" and the commercial flashes a bunch of old cars on an open highway. It kind of sounds like She Wants Revenge but I couldn't find it in any of their lyrics.

Farcus
Jan 11, 2004
Togetha?
Can somebody give me the name and the band that sings House M.D.'s intro song.

Also what song does Lacoste's website feature? http://www.lacoste.com/usa/main.html

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

Farcus posted:

Can somebody give me the name and the band that sings House M.D.'s intro song.

Google says Teardrop by Massive Attack

STEVIE B 4EVA
Nov 13, 2005

girl in the slayer jacket            i am searching for you

Farcus posted:

Also what song does Lacoste's website feature? http://www.lacoste.com/usa/main.html

Zero 7 "Destiny"

MurderBus
Aug 31, 2004
I rescind it.

MurderBus fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Jul 26, 2007

Farts Domino
May 8, 2004

Popular energetic indie rock song, pretty recent too. Prominently features a high-pitched echoed female voice (possibly multiple voices, hard to tell with the echo) singing something like "danum da danum da danununum" (quickly), sometimes with her pitch falling, and sometimes rising.

edit: it's probably more like doo doo's than danums but the danums show rhythm better

Farts Domino fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Jul 27, 2007

Farcus
Jan 11, 2004
Togetha?

lastclearchance posted:

Zero 7 "Destiny"

thanks, and atticus you too

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

Does anyone know the song in this video?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-66AcTo9TU

Kleinsasser Youth
Feb 23, 2004

Atticus_1354 posted:

Does anyone know the song in this video?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-66AcTo9TU

Moby - "Natural Blues"

UGAmazing
Jul 26, 2007

I buy used, damaged & broken Apple devices.

Atticus_1354 posted:

I need to know the song that is in a commercial. The lyrics I remember are something like "when we are driving down the street" and the commercial flashes a bunch of old cars on an open highway. It kind of sounds like She Wants Revenge but I couldn't find it in any of their lyrics.

Is it Punkrocker by the TeddyBears by any chance? This song was in a Cadillac commercial and had the line "See me driving down the street" etc. Just a wild guess.

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

Alright, I've got one that's been bugging me for a long time.
It's Redman and Methodman. The beat is closer to techno, than it is to rap. If it wasn't for them two, it would definitely be an electronica song. It's about 6 or so minutes long. I heard it at least 5 years ago, maybe 6 years ago. I don't know how much older the song is than that though.
Thanks to anybody who can help me out.

Doctor Krieger
Apr 8, 2007

...because these corporate bag-munchers owe me $630 for my GODDAMN FLEX ACCOUNT!

Hollis posted:

This one is rather obscure. I thought it was by Placebo for some reason apparently its not.

Anyway here are some of the lyrics and maybe you can help me find it.

I was hanging from a tree unaccustomed to such violence
Jesus Looking down on me
Must be through some act of (something I cant remember)

Chorus

Hemoglobin is the key to a healthy heartbeat

I could have sworn the title of the song was Hemoglobin by Placebo but apparently I am wrong. Anyway please help with this its driving me nuts and I can't find my original mix CD with it on there.

HAI posted:

Ehh, I'm pretty sure that is Placebo's "Haemoglobin" from Black Market Music.

Yeah, definitely Placebo. If you google the first line it gives you the answer straight off.

Hi-Lite
Jun 18, 2005
Dont circle, use a fucking hi-liter.
Song in the new Mercedes commercial, a doo-wop joint that goes "I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you," etc.

punch drunk
Nov 12, 2006

Hi-Lite posted:

Song in the new Mercedes commercial, a doo-wop joint that goes "I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you," etc.

It seems to be "(I Love You) For Sentimental Reasons" by Sam Cooke but with the "I love you" part repeated because in the original lyrics it isn't like that.

Charleston Jew
Jul 31, 2005

oh my sloth!

Sexy Pants posted:

Popular energetic indie rock song, pretty recent too. Prominently features a high-pitched echoed female voice (possibly multiple voices, hard to tell with the echo) singing something like "danum da danum da danununum" (quickly), sometimes with her pitch falling, and sometimes rising.

edit: it's probably more like doo doo's than danums but the danums show rhythm better
Reminds me of "We Are the Sleepyheads" by Belle and Sebastian.

odocatfish
Jun 19, 2002
No sir, I do not like no probation day.

UGAmazing posted:

Is it Punkrocker by the TeddyBears by any chance? This song was in a Cadillac commercial and had the line "See me driving down the street" etc. Just a wild guess.

This is 100% correct. Check out the rest of the album. Also, that's Iggy Pop doing the lyrics.

Kleinsasser Youth
Feb 23, 2004

This was a song from about 4 years back. It was a real simple song with female vocals, and it sounded like it was a duo. One of the lines went like, "Doo wop, doo wop wop baby, I might play a ukelele."

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

stratdax posted:

Alright, I've got one that's been bugging me for a long time.
It's Redman and Methodman. The beat is closer to techno, than it is to rap. If it wasn't for them two, it would definitely be an electronica song. It's about 6 or so minutes long. I heard it at least 5 years ago, maybe 6 years ago. I don't know how much older the song is than that though.
Thanks to anybody who can help me out.

The only one I can think right now of is 'The Rockwilder'... but that's nowhere near six minutes. Maybe you heard a remix of one of their tracks or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TVC 15
Dec 6, 2005

The world is your oyster, I mean, because that's all the world is!
I was fooling around listening to AM radio one night and I heard a cover of the Beatles' "The Fool On The Hill," only it was very 50's, and from what I recall, doo-wop-y, with women singing.

Thanks if anyone knows what I'm talking about!