Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Braincloud
Sep 28, 2004

I forgot...how BIG...

orinth posted:

Just out of random curiousity, how much are you looking for for the flanker?

Yeah, what he said. But more-so out of slightly piqued interest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swingline Savvy
Aug 10, 2005
I'm looking for around $950 shipped out of the Flanker. I just dropped both of them off to be repaired (at a proper leather shop) so you won't have the rip to deal with.

Retail on it was around $1400 or so if memory serves, you're of course welcome to make an offer as well.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Cuchulainn posted:

You left something out here...did they forget to charge you? If so, come on. That's not cool. Someone's gonna pay for 'em, you can count on that.

Yea, they forgot to charge me for them. They charged me for everything else I bought, but the pants did not come through on my credit bill.

mutt2jeff
Oct 2, 2004
The one, the only....
Ok guys, I could use some help. At the end of August I may be going to an extended trip off-road trip with the Adventure. At least 9 days, more or less entirely double track and fire road. I am holding back details because at the moment its not my place to make any announcements, but I am very excited. Think Long Way Round, but not so Long, or Round. Really just Way

So I am going to be spending quite a bit or money outfitting the bike and my camping setup, and I already know what I want/need in that area. I need help finding some boots and a new off-road/motorcross helmet and goggles.

The boots have to provide some pretty serious ankle and toe protection as the riding is going to be very rocky and loose/sandy. Waterproof is good, comfortable is better.

The helmet just needs to be comfortable and well ventilated.

Here is the deal, I really need to keep the price of these two items low. Thanks to my penchant of giving my motorcycle dealer lots of money every few months, as all the other stuff I have to buy to get ready for this trip, I am broke. I need something of reasonable quality and comfort. Basically, what out there is pretty decent and isn't going to break the bank?

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar

mutt2jeff posted:

Ok guys, I could use some help. At the end of August I may be going to an extended trip off-road trip with the Adventure. At least 9 days, more or less entirely double track and fire road. I am holding back details because at the moment its not my place to make any announcements, but I am very excited. Think Long Way Round, but not so Long, or Round. Really just Way

So I am going to be spending quite a bit or money outfitting the bike and my camping setup, and I already know what I want/need in that area. I need help finding some boots and a new off-road/motorcross helmet and goggles.

The boots have to provide some pretty serious ankle and toe protection as the riding is going to be very rocky and loose/sandy. Waterproof is good, comfortable is better.

The helmet just needs to be comfortable and well ventilated.

Here is the deal, I really need to keep the price of these two items low. Thanks to my penchant of giving my motorcycle dealer lots of money every few months, as all the other stuff I have to buy to get ready for this trip, I am broke. I need something of reasonable quality and comfort. Basically, what out there is pretty decent and isn't going to break the bank?

http://www.rockymoto.com/sidi_srs_page.htm

These boots are the poo poo in my opinion, and at a pretty decent price. You can get cheaper MX boots, but these will last you forever. The fact that you can replace the soles yourself will save you a decent amount of money in the long term.

As for a helmet, I'm not familiar with any helmets that vent all that well. I believe rockymoto is having a sale on Shoeis, but they are still quite expensive. I imagine they are very good.

I really like the Smith LST (Light Sensitive) models, I really like the Fuel model which is very reasonably priced. The light sensitive lense works really well through a range of light conditions.

SB35
Jul 6, 2007
Move along folks, nothing to see here.
Does anyone have this http://motorcyclecloseouts.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=FX-70033
SHIFT Super Street jacket? I just got one (pretty nice btw) and every description I've read says the armor is removable. But damned if they didn't send any kind of documentation or am I able to find any that actually tells HOW to remove it.

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

I SWIFTLY PENETRATED YOUR MOMS MEAT TACO WHILE AGGRESSIVELY FONDLING THE UNDERSIDE OF YOUR DADS HAIRY BALLSACK, THEN RIPPED HIS SAUSAGE OFF AND RAMMED IT INTO YOUR MOMS TAILPIPE. I JIZZED FURIOUSLY, DEEP IN YOUR MOMS MEATY BURGER WHILE THRUSTING A ANSA MUFFLER UP MY GREASY TAILHOLE
gear pics from 30-35mph lowside

Joe Rocket Pheonix 2.0 - I got a bit on rash on my elbow where the mesh wore through. The snap that tightens the arm ripped off and the armor didn't stay in place

Scorpion EXO-700 - minor scratch, I'm bummed I have to buy a new helmet even though this one is still perfectly serviceable

Joe Rocket Alter Ego pants - worked pretty well, the knee got shredded but it protected me from the road and the bike. My jeans didn't even get a hole in them. I would want something better in any accident more severe than this though.

No pics, but my Alpinestars SMX-4 boots held up great, and even thoughthe leather tore in 2 places, the padding and hard plastic shell certainly saved my shin and foot and ankle from anything more serious than the deep bruising I got.

HATE TROLL TIM
Dec 14, 2006
I posted these in SA-Mart, just wanted to post it here as well, give the biek goons first shot:

So, when I got my bike in the spring, I got a Joe Rocket mesh jacket to go along with it. I was between sizes, so opted for the larger size, rather than smaller. Since then I've lost quite a few pounds and the jacket is just to loose at this point.

This is the jacket: http://www.newenough.com/protective_apparel/mesh_jackets_and_pants/joe_rocket/phoenix_4_mesh_motorcycle_jacket.html (Joe Rocket Phoenix 4.0 Mesh Jacket)

I've used it maybe 5 times and have never been down on it. It's a size Large Tall in black.

I'm selling the Phoenix gloves as well, size Large. http://www.newenough.com/gloves/street_short_cuff/joe_rocket/phoenix_3_motorcycle_gloves.html (Joe Rocket Phoenix 3.0 Gloves)

I'm looking to get $100 for the jacket and $25 for the gloves. I'll throw in free shipping as well. PM, IM or email is fine.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

aventari posted:

Joe Rocket Pheonix 2.0 - I got a bit on rash on my elbow where the mesh wore through. The snap that tightens the arm ripped off and the armor didn't stay in place

I've always worried about those snaps. I just sent my leather JR jacket in to fix the snap that ripped off in my hand when I was tightening it. As long as they are using those P.O.S. snaps, I'm staying away from JR for anything I buy new.

It doesn't help that my only jacket in the meantime is a Pheonix 4.0 that is a couple sizes too big on me (thanks, guy at the motorcycle dealer who didn't help me size properly when I was just getting started riding and knew nothing about anything).

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Does anyone know how dirtbike boot sizing works? I'm looking at buying a pair of Gaerne Boots online, but I can't find any in a store to try on.

Kovner
Mar 22, 2003

He LITERALLY grew wings and ascended to heaven where God blessed him with this God-like defense-burning capability.
This fall will be the first time I use my bike to commute to school, and it seems like it'd be a pain to carry my helmet around, so I'm thinking about getting one of these http://www.newenoughhp.com/luggage/backpacks/icon/squad_motorcycle_backpack.html that someone linked to earlier in this thread.
Any have any specifics on this bag?
Also, anyone have a backpack like this that has the helmet compartment on the bottom. I'm kind of worried that I'll be prone to knocking the helmet onto the ground or some other obstacle.

Pimping Giraffe
Feb 22, 2006
Forum Giraffe Pimper?
I'm in a bit of a dilemma. I am going out west with Thelonious in about 3 weeks and would like a pair of riding pants. Sadly I really am going to be strapped for cash, and 100 dollars shipped is the most I can spend on a pair.

What kind should I look for? Should I get a pair of regular leather pants and not wear jeans under them? Should I get a pair of overpants? If anyone has any suggestions in this meager and crappy price range please let me know. It's not much but at least it'll be a bit extra between myself and the pavement if something should happen.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

SB35 posted:

Does anyone have this http://motorcyclecloseouts.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=FX-70033
SHIFT Super Street jacket? I just got one (pretty nice btw) and every description I've read says the armor is removable. But damned if they didn't send any kind of documentation or am I able to find any that actually tells HOW to remove it.

Bit late here, but typically there's a velcro section worked into the arms. You rip that apart and the armor is fitted into a little pocket in the arms.

Pimping, i responded in the other thread.

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002
More dog whistles than a Petco

Pimping Giraffe posted:

I'm in a bit of a dilemma. I am going out west with Thelonious in about 3 weeks and would like a pair of riding pants. Sadly I really am going to be strapped for cash, and 100 dollars shipped is the most I can spend on a pair.

What kind should I look for? Should I get a pair of regular leather pants and not wear jeans under them? Should I get a pair of overpants? If anyone has any suggestions in this meager and crappy price range please let me know. It's not much but at least it'll be a bit extra between myself and the pavement if something should happen.

Other than checking out closeouts on the sites mentioned in this thread good luck. You'll probably have a hard time getting into leathers for that price. I've got some Alpinestars cargos that are pretty much new. Let me know if you are interested.

Farts on Skype
Apr 2, 2005
I just started riding this month and am getting along pretty well, having taken MSF 4 weeks ago. Right now I'm wearing an Arai Quantum 2 helmet, MotoGP Corkscrew leather jacket, and a pair of Moto Icon gloves. For pants, I want to find something more durable than the jeans and khakis I've been wearing. Anyone have any experiences with these? Anything else I should be looking at?

http://www.newenough.com/protective_apparel/mesh_jackets_and_pants/first_gear/mesh_tex_2_mesh_motorcycle_pants.html

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Incursion posted:

I just started riding this month and am getting along pretty well, having taken MSF 4 weeks ago. Right now I'm wearing an Arai Quantum 2 helmet, MotoGP Corkscrew leather jacket, and a pair of Moto Icon gloves. For pants, I want to find something more durable than the jeans and khakis I've been wearing. Anyone have any experiences with these? Anything else I should be looking at?

http://www.newenough.com/protective_apparel/mesh_jackets_and_pants/first_gear/mesh_tex_2_mesh_motorcycle_pants.html

I don't have any experience with those, but they seem like standard mesh pants. They're better than jeans, but I hear mesh rips apart in falls. As in, it'll protect your skin, but you won't want to wear them again.

The problem with those is the lack of impact resistance. There is nothing to really protect you from when you hit the ground. It looks like New Enough has optional armor at the bottom of that page for relatively cheap. I would strongly suggest getting at least the knee armor if you buy the pants.

Since you have a leather jacket, have you looked into perforated leather pants? They're more money, but will hold up better. I find my JR pants quite comfortable.

Uthor fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Jul 25, 2007

teknicolor
Jul 18, 2004

I Want to Meet That Dad!
Do Da Doo Doo

They're very comfortable, but keep in mind they do nothing in any sort of weather but hot weather. I've got these, but after riding in the rain with them once, I'm saving for something more substantial (and also a rain suit :3: )

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Incursion posted:

Nice and all, but the lack of knee protection is very worrysome. Also, as teknicolor said, if you're doing distance riding, they're going to get cold. I'd go with some textiles that come with knee armor instead of the mesh...I wouldn't trust the mesh to hold up in an accident at freeway speeds. I've seen those jackets shredded from 20mph falls.

On the flip side, i've seen jackets/leathers that people have crashed in at 80+ with hardly any damage.

My view on it though is..."why risk it?" Obviously, leather is the best, but it's not always the most practical, and if it hangs in your closet while you commute/get in an accident, it's useless. So i play the safety aspect, cost, and chances of me crashing in it all against one another to buy my gear.

In terms of safety:
Leather
Textiles
Mesh

Cost: Obviously.

Chances of me crashing in it:
Aggressive riding? I'll always be in full leathers, race boots, and helmet.
Going to a friend's house? Jaunt to the next town? Anything with a social aspect or where i need to look presentable? Leather jacket, textile pants, street boots, leather gloves, helmet. The leather pants just aren't stylish enough for going out with friends.
Cruising to the store? Jacket, jeans, gloves, boots/shoes, helmets.

So in closing, get what you were. That's how i judge what gear will be worth buying to me. I'll eventually pick up an aerostich just to avoid all of this thought on it...normal clothes under a zip up, one piece textile suit. Best of all worlds.

Actuary X
Jul 20, 2007

Not really the best actuary in the world.

Z3n posted:

I'll eventually pick up an aerostich just to avoid all of this thought on it...normal clothes under a zip up, one piece textile suit. Best of all worlds.

I have an Aerostich suit, and I end up wearing it a lot less than I thought I would.

For one thing, it's bulky. When you get some where, you need to have some place to put it. Putting it in its bag to carry it around takes longer than putting the suit on and taking it off. It can be secured to the bike with a PacSafe type thing, but that's kind of a pain, too.

Also, in the summer, it's pretty hot. I've heard of wearing a wet t-shirt under the suit, but haven't tried that yet. Yet when it's cold out, the Aerostich does not seem to be warm enough on its own; I end up wearing another jacket under it.

I do wear the suit for long distance riding, but for running around town and summer commuting, I usually go with a mesh jacket and some Draggin' jeans.

Speaking of which, has anyone tried the armor for the Draggin' jeans or shirts?

PlasticSun
Feb 12, 2002

Unnaturally Good

BlackMK4 posted:

Does anyone know how dirtbike boot sizing works? I'm looking at buying a pair of Gaerne Boots online, but I can't find any in a store to try on.

My Gaerne boots fit pretty true to size, a 44 is a 10, 43 9.5, 42 9, etc. If you have wide feet you might want to go up a size.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

This the place to post about luggage?

I got a Bass Pro Shops boat bag yesterday to put on my rear rack (it's Extreme!).

I obviously haven't taken it for a long distance ride, yet, but I think I'll like it. I got the small and it fits pretty well back there. It has a semi-rigid bottom, so it keeps its shape cantilevered of the sides. It is water resistant (water will get in the zipper, but that's covered with a flap. It'll hold up in the rain but not in a dunking). There's a couple of straps on the front that let you tighten the bag on the contents if it's not 100% full. There's four loops on the top of the bag for bungee cords or tying things to or whatever. Best of all, the small was only $20 (about what a duffel costs at Wal-Mart). A medium would be good if you have saddle bags to rest it on. I also like the yellow, even on my red bike.

One thing I don't like is the slippery bottom. It slides quite a bit on my luggage rack unless it is tightened on there pretty good. I'll have it tightened down anyway, but it makes putting it on more of a pain than it should be. There's also no side pockets or anything, just the main compartment with a small mesh pocket in the cover on the inside. There's some reviews saying the bottom leaks where it connects to the sides. I don't think this'll be a problem on a bike, but I can see it being an issue on a boat.

If anyone's looking for a cheap bag to strap to the back of their bike, take a look at this. If a medium works for you, there's a white bag for sale for $13.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Actuary X posted:

I have an Aerostich suit, and I end up wearing it a lot less than I thought I would.

For one thing, it's bulky. When you get some where, you need to have some place to put it. Putting it in its bag to carry it around takes longer than putting the suit on and taking it off. It can be secured to the bike with a PacSafe type thing, but that's kind of a pain, too.

Also, in the summer, it's pretty hot. I've heard of wearing a wet t-shirt under the suit, but haven't tried that yet. Yet when it's cold out, the Aerostich does not seem to be warm enough on its own; I end up wearing another jacket under it.

I do wear the suit for long distance riding, but for running around town and summer commuting, I usually go with a mesh jacket and some Draggin' jeans.

Speaking of which, has anyone tried the armor for the Draggin' jeans or shirts?

Interesting, you're the first person who's said it isn't the absolute bees knees.

I've tried the armor for another brand of kevlar reinforced jeans, and it was bulky and irritating. (Borch Jeans).

bung
Dec 14, 2004

Uthor posted:

BassPro boat bag stuff

That is so loving bizarre! I went to Bass Pro yesterday looking for a first aid kit to carry on the bike. I saw the same bag on sale for $14.99 and I thought that it would be a great tail bag. I also picked up a pair of $4.99 dock straps to use as tie-downs.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

bung posted:

That is so loving bizarre! I went to Bass Pro yesterday looking for a first aid kit to carry on the bike. I saw the same bag on sale for $14.99 and I thought that it would be a great tail bag. I also picked up a pair of $4.99 dock straps to use as tie-downs.

Sweet. I'm going to have to try your mounting strategy. The rack on my bike sucks rear end as it has no loops or hooks to connect to, just straight steel wire. Anywhere I connect to, the straps slide to a position of least stability. I'm going to take a Dremel to it this weekend and put a couple of notches in the back plate of the rack.

Also, like last week, I got $3 dock straps on a whim. We're like luggage buddies or something!

Uthor fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Jul 26, 2007

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Uthor posted:

stuff about his bag

that does look like a good tail bag, and the yellow works for visibility which is always good.
If it is sliding around, maybe try one of those undercarpet pads that keep your rug from sliding around.
You know, these kind of things?

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

ClockworkZero posted:

that does look like a good tail bag, and the yellow works for visibility which is always good.
If it is sliding around, maybe try one of those undercarpet pads that keep your rug from sliding around.
You know, these kind of things?

I'll see if my mom has any laying around. My bigger concern is finding a way to secure it to the P.O.S. rack. Thanks, though. I was thinking grip tape might also work.

ReducedFat
Jul 4, 2003

I'm so gay for Vin Diesel and The Rock I would lick the sweat from their balls.... HATE ME!
New rider, here!

What say you all to:

Icon Accelerant Jacket
Shoei RF-1000 Helmet
Icon Accelerant Gloves

I've heard people say that the Icon stuff is a paper tiger, but all the jackets I've worn from them feel tough as nails (especially compared to the Joe Rocket stuff I was set on before). Anybody see any problems with this list?

Skier
Apr 24, 2003

Fuck yeah.
Fan of Britches

ReducedFat posted:

New rider, here!

What say you all to:

Icon Accelerant Jacket
Shoei RF-1000 Helmet
Icon Accelerant Gloves

I've heard people say that the Icon stuff is a paper tiger, but all the jackets I've worn from them feel tough as nails (especially compared to the Joe Rocket stuff I was set on before). Anybody see any problems with this list?

No boots and no pants.

ReducedFat
Jul 4, 2003

I'm so gay for Vin Diesel and The Rock I would lick the sweat from their balls.... HATE ME!

Skier posted:

No boots and no pants.
I figured my bare rear end would be protection enough.

Anyone have like, an opinion on the gear I listed?

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006

ReducedFat posted:

The helmet is really nice although I am admittedly a Shoei fanboy. Have you tried one on to make sure it fits right?

Skier
Apr 24, 2003

Fuck yeah.
Fan of Britches

ReducedFat posted:

My, like, opinion is I've heard enough badmouthing of Icon gear I'd have a very hard time recommending it.

As for the lid, fit and comfort are much more important than brand names. find one that's DOT approved and fits better than the Shoei? It's a better helmet for you.

Terminus Est
Sep 30, 2005

Motorcycle Miliitia

Spend a $150 bucks less on the helmet and use that extra scratch to buy some better gear for all of your squishy bits. Also, $300 for an icon jacket isn't worth it. There's tons of gear on closeout and on sale for far less than that. So that's $450 that you now have to buy a leather jacket, riding pants, and boots with. Be sure to try on some gloves before you buy too. I've had some gloves that just plain weren't comfy.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

ReducedFat posted:

New rider, here!

What say you all to:

Icon Accelerant Jacket
Shoei RF-1000 Helmet
Icon Accelerant Gloves

I've got a Shoei RF-900. It is a very nice helmet, and the RF-1000 is even nicer with the removable padding. For me it wasn't a matter of "must get a Shoei", I tried on Arais, HJCs, either a Shark or Suomy (I got my helmet before those were really carried up here) and it just turned out the RF is what fits my head the best. Plus mine has a bad-rear end dragon on it :). I've read complaints that the RF line is a fairly noisy helmet for some people and for me I do find the wind noise to be annoying after a while. I don't know how noisy it is compared to other helmets though. I'm going to start riding with earplugs at some point though so that solves that problem.

teknicolor
Jul 18, 2004

I Want to Meet That Dad!
Do Da Doo Doo

ReducedFat posted:

New rider, here!

What say you all to:

Icon Accelerant Jacket
Shoei RF-1000 Helmet
Icon Accelerant Gloves

Those gloves don't look so hot. I'd suggest something which covers your wrist more than that, and has less zipper, and more velcro. I'd look at A* if you want to spend 60 or 70 bucks on a glove.
Here's one that looks ok, but like everything else, I'd try it on first.

Regarding the lid, I've tried on the RF, and it doesn't fit my head at all. I've got an HJC head, and saved myself both the trouble of hotspots while riding, and a bit of cash too. Try them on first, so you don't waste your money on something which isn't going to fit.

Other people have already talked about the jacket, so I'm just going to suggest you check out the sites like newenough and all that; I'm sure you can find something better for cheaper.

edit: buy boots and trousers too :)

Sedge
Dec 24, 2003
Swordsman, or small hedge?
New rider here. I like the idea of having street clothes on under the gear, but being of normal financial status, Aerostitch is out of the question. So naturally I looked at the Fieldsheer Highland one piece, but the stories of sweating to death in the summer didn't sound too appealing. I might still pick one up for the colder months, but I was looking at this Cortech/Tourmaster jacket for the remainder of the summer.

http://www.newenough.com/protective_apparel/textile_jackets_and_pants/cortech_by_tour_master/gx_sport_textile_motorcycle_jacket.html

Anyone have any opinions or info regarding the GX Sport? Reviews all suggest great things, but I'd like to hear the goon opinion as well. Haven't decided on pants/gloves yet.

Also, does anyone know what full faced helmets would be most accommodating to a pair of glasses? There are days when I don't feel like putting in contacts.

CompulsiveGamer
Jul 27, 2006
Who wants to get sexy with the captain?

Sedge posted:

http://www.newenough.com/protective_apparel/textile_jackets_and_pants/cortech_by_tour_master/gx_sport_textile_motorcycle_jacket.html

Anyone have any opinions or info regarding the GX Sport? Reviews all suggest great things, but I'd like to hear the goon opinion as well. Haven't decided on pants/gloves yet.

I own that jacket in black. It was the best-fitting jacket I could find (I'm kinda pudgy :( ), and their vent system works pretty well on hot days. The reflecting strips are great for visibility (and even wash out in flash pictures). The jacket's removable liner is also pretty sweet.

However, the armor seems a little insubstantial - I expected a hard back protector, but it's pretty soft. It's got the usual shoulder and elbow armor from Coretech products though.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Sedge posted:

Also, does anyone know what full faced helmets would be most accommodating to a pair of glasses? There are days when I don't feel like putting in contacts.

I have an HJC CL-SP and almost always wear sunglasses with no problems.

Doctor Zero fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Jul 30, 2007

Fantastipotamus
Nov 19, 2002

Nothing's wrong. Nothing is wrong. Everything is on track.
Thoughts on 'Draggin' Jeans' (https://www.dragginjeans.com), apart from the fact the name is frickin retarded?

I'm really looking for a pair of riding pants that satisfy the following two requirements (if this product actually exists)

1) moderately cool or at least with venting
2) doesn't look like I just got done sledding

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

Fantastipotamus posted:

Thoughts on 'Draggin' Jeans' (https://www.dragginjeans.com), apart from the fact the name is frickin retarded?

I'm really looking for a pair of riding pants that satisfy the following two requirements (if this product actually exists)

1) moderately cool or at least with venting
2) doesn't look like I just got done sledding

These look interesting http://www.dragginjeans.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=DLINERS I'd be interested to see how they actually perform and would be nice to wear whatever pants I want. Though $150 is a bit much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Sedge posted:

Doctor Zero posted:

I have an HJC CL-SP and almost always wear sunglasses with no problems.

Kinda depends on the glasses, too. My sunglasses go on just fine, but my regular glasses curve behind my ear more and are a bit of a pain to get on just right.