Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thello
Jan 14, 2007

Captain's Log...
There was a really, really awful horror movie that a friend and I caught on late night TV years ago. I believe it was a series of short stories that revolved around cats. The one in particular that we cracked up at was a ripoff of The Birds, replaced with cats. Two specific moments:

1) The starring woman tries to pick up a piece of paper, but a paw on a stick scratches her arm every time she attempts it.
2) She locks herself in the pantry to escape the onslaught of cats. She's incredibly hungry after days and she finds perfectly fresh bed in the pantry, but she puts a rotten condiment on top of it, gags, and refuses to eat the rest of the bread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zombieman
Aug 8, 2003

That's one happy fucking egg!

Thello posted:

There was a really, really awful horror movie that a friend and I caught on late night TV years ago. I believe it was a series of short stories that revolved around cats. The one in particular that we cracked up at was a ripoff of The Birds, replaced with cats. Two specific moments:

1) The starring woman tries to pick up a piece of paper, but a paw on a stick scratches her arm every time she attempts it.
2) She locks herself in the pantry to escape the onslaught of cats. She's incredibly hungry after days and she finds perfectly fresh bed in the pantry, but she puts a rotten condiment on top of it, gags, and refuses to eat the rest of the bread.

I haven't seen it in a few years, but it sounds like it could be The Uncanny.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076853/

dubdrome711
Mar 10, 2007

by angerbeet
Im honestly about to kick myself when I find out what it is, as Im sure its very popular...

The only thing I remember about it (as I just briefly caught it before classes one day) was that it contained Bill Murray in Soviet Russia. For the life of me I havent been able to find out what this film is.

JoeNotCharles
Mar 3, 2005

Yet beyond each tree there are only more trees.

dubdrome711 posted:

The only thing I remember about it (as I just briefly caught it before classes one day) was that it contained Bill Murray in Soviet Russia. For the life of me I havent been able to find out what this film is.

You might be thinking of The Man Who Knew Too Little, a spy spoof which ended with a banquet for Russian dignataries with lots of Russian dancing and costumes.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

JoeNotCharles posted:

You might be thinking of The Man Who Knew Too Little, a spy spoof which ended with a banquet for Russian dignataries with lots of Russian dancing and costumes.

It might also be Stripes, although that's Czechoslovakia.

Horseface
Jun 29, 2003

Please put your hands together for Homosexuals the Gorilla!

Thello posted:

I haven't seen enough of it to determine one way or another, but could it be Cat's Eye?

Thello
Jan 14, 2007

Captain's Log...

zombieman posted:

I haven't seen it in a few years, but it sounds like it could be The Uncanny.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076853/
That's the one. Oh boy, it's going to have fun finding a copy of this. Thanks!

Fantastipotamus
Nov 19, 2002

Nothing's wrong. Nothing is wrong. Everything is on track.

Ape Agitator posted:

I'm pretty sure this is the movie The Quest. The monster legend was that it was a donkey engine tractor that gets shortened to an Aboriginal name.
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0091810/
I'm not sure what that last sentence means, to be honest.. but I found this clip on Youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISSYUSupBuE and it looks like you're right!

Thanks a bunch!

edit: haha, it was asked on the last page, too!

Man, some of those 80's kids movies were hosed up.. that's some scary poo poo. :colbert:

Fantastipotamus fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Jul 25, 2007

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!
Alright, this one is kind of infamous as my family watched part of it about 12 years ago in a lovely hotel, and it was too bad to turn off. Here are the details I remember:

lovely rear end lame character with a glass sword and a motor scooter helmet with a non threatening backwards fin on top.

A chase scene on dirtbikes with what looked like cardboard prop additions to them to be "futuristic" going through what looked like a concrete overpass that was I think used as a "base" because one end looks bunker-ish, also lots of gas fireballs coming from said empty concrete shaft with no flammable materials.

lovely lovely glass sword fight scene that ends up cutting off the hands of someone I think.

"I must go to TRITON!" said in the dumbest voice I can imagine. It was pronounced as a retard would. Triton I think was a lovely painted backdrop of a glass city which on the inside looked like a lovely mariot hotel in the midwest.

This has been bugging me for years because it is so bad, I'd say it is somewhere between Manos: The Hands of Fate and Space Mutiny in quality.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?

Blindeye posted:

Alright, this one is kind of infamous as my family watched part of it about 12 years ago in a lovely hotel, and it was too bad to turn off. Here are the details I remember:

lovely rear end lame character with a glass sword and a motor scooter helmet with a non threatening backwards fin on top.

A chase scene on dirtbikes with what looked like cardboard prop additions to them to be "futuristic" going through what looked like a concrete overpass that was I think used as a "base" because one end looks bunker-ish, also lots of gas fireballs coming from said empty concrete shaft with no flammable materials.

lovely lovely glass sword fight scene that ends up cutting off the hands of someone I think.

"I must go to TRITON!" said in the dumbest voice I can imagine. It was pronounced as a retard would. Triton I think was a lovely painted backdrop of a glass city which on the inside looked like a lovely mariot hotel in the midwest.

This has been bugging me for years because it is so bad, I'd say it is somewhere between Manos: The Hands of Fate and Space Mutiny in quality.

This founds fimilure, especally the "I must go to Triton" line, I can't put my finger on it.

Nabeshin_Afroman
Feb 17, 2005

he tips at the end of shoelaces are called 'aglets'. Their true purpose is sinister
Ok got two films to identify both of which are cartoons from the late 80's early 90's now bear with my as my memory is a little fuzzy on the both of them.

The first takes place in a mining colony in the future and its a bit of a rip of star wars in that it includes a lovable space rouge with a cool ship and some robots, but the main story follows a miner who finds the hilt to a sword while diggin and then uses it through many tribes and tribulations to free his fellow slaves. The king of the mines wore i think looked like baron samedi(S.P) and wanted the magical sword hilt for himself ohh and the slaves had never seen the sky and thats what happens in the end they are freed and look up to the stars.

Right so thats the first one the second i remember even less about but it was based around some kind of rescue team that used robot suit things to save people and the move follows them as they fight i think it was four elemental monsters but i cant really remember.

I know there is not a lot to go on there but any help would be appreciated i remember loving both these things as a kid but forgot about them until last night.

Horseface
Jun 29, 2003

Slasherfan posted:

This founds fimilure

I'm not a spelling/grammar nazi by any means but how does something like this HAPPEN?

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?

Horseface posted:

I'm not a spelling/grammar nazi by any means but how does something like this HAPPEN?

Dyslexia :(

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av
Have a bunch, despite the internet's uncanny mind-reading powers that already answered more than half. Please keep in mind I'm from Italy, so I have no idea where any of these originally aired nor can I give accurate recollections of dialogue (all movies are dubbed for our market). All of these were seen on TV, at least five years ago.

Mystery feature-length horror movie #1

ClydeUmney posted:

This one is Brainscan, I think.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0109327/

quote:

Igor, dial 1-800-555-FEAR.

Kickass! thanks!

American teenager tries out a mysterious computer game where he acts out the career of a ruthless serial killer. The game interacts with the player through a "demon head" avatar, and relies on putting the player in a vivid, first-person hallucination of being the killer. The player is rated in effectiveness, brutality and morbosity (the game compliments the kid for cutting off a victim's thumb with an electric knife as a trophy). The kid soon discovers he's actually committing the crimes in real life, but not soon enough, and he must continue playing the game to cover his tracks before the police gets to him.

As things go horribly wrong (maybe he gets killed?), he wakes up from the game and discovers the game really was just a game, however vivid. So he curses at the demon head that is now complimenting him and recommending breathing exercises (I believe he angrily yells "gently caress you and your breathing exercises!" at this point)

Ending: as a revenge, he tricks the school's principal into playing the game

Extra detail: the kid had a voice-activated personal assistant software on his PC, called "Igor" (the visuals were a crude animation of a cartoon hunchback "Igor"). Igor acknowledges the kid's orders with a "Yes, master". With a creepy twist: before the kid goes out on his final game mission, Igor adds "Farewell, master" (one of the hints that It's All Just a Dream)

Mystery feature-length horror movie #2

Action Jacktion posted:

Highway to Hell

A guy tries to save his girlfriend's soul from hell with the help of a buddy. On the outskirts of hell (a barren desert with a highway in the middle), they are hunted down by an invulnerable demonic sheriff with mirrored sunglasses grafted to his eyes (the sunglasses are his only weak spot). At some point they get to the gates of hell, which is a cavern on a lake with a cheesy scrolling dot matrix display reading "Leave any hope you who enter here" (from Dante's "Inferno"). There they exchange some words with a damned soul who had his eyes sewn shut.

Mystery feature-length sci-fi comedy

Action Jacktion posted:

My Stepmother is an Alien

Extremely silly movie about a woman-looking alien stranded on Earth that must get in contact with her kind. She clumsily hooks up with a TV technician (or something like that) so that she will eventually have access to a large dish antenna to send her distress call with. She "drinks" elecricity as food, draining several batteries in the guy's household.

She is extremely naive in the humans' ways and her robotic assistant (some small floating thing) continually digs through movie footage archives to document her their strange ways. For "kiss" she is shown all the usual "exotic" variants (inuit nose-rubbing, russian mouth-kiss greeting, etc.) plus some cinematic examples, and of course she has to go and try them all on the male lead (cue laughs).

Question still open for this one:

For "sex", some of the footage came from a hilarious B/W army basic training movie (or spoof thereof), where a deadpan drill sergeant type teaches recruits that "your penis is a weapon, and the Nation expects you to keep it dry and clean!" - if you could identify this too, you will become my hero :)

Episode of mystery horror series

Two nosy reporters (a man and a woman) are on the tracks of a famous musician/singer believed dead. They witness proof that he might be still alive (among which a car identical to the one he owned, with a vanity license plate that is an obvious reference to one of his songs), and finally found him. He is still alive alright, altough a vegetable. He sits on an armchair with a vacant stare, hooked up to mysterious IVs, and with the fingers of one hand he plays the same chord over and over on a tiny electronic keyboard (with like four or five keys).

One of the reporters (the woman; not sure where the other is at this point) tries to "interview" him. Seeing no response, she fiddles with the IVs until the guy has a seizure. A nurse interrupts her fiddling, horrified, saving the musician just in time. Shortly thereafter, the woman reporter goes missing, and her partner comes looking for her. He finds her sitting opposite the lost musician, cathatonic and hooked up to a similar set of IVs.

Mystery feature-length horror movie #3

Could well be Poltergeist (unconfirmed)

I have seen this a very long time ago, somewhere in the neighborhood of 20 years ago. I don't even know whether it was in color because we had a B/W TV set at the time.

There's a large haunted tree that extended its branches into a house, trying to grab or kill the inhabitants. The survivors escape the house, and witness the tree just... magically disappearing. Or something. I must have been around 5 or 6 at the time, and this is all I remember.

Mystery fantasy kids' series

Found it! It's Finders Keepers!

quote:

Patrick receives an invitation while playing on a computer to take part in a TV game show called 'Finders Keepers'. He is sucked through a time barrier to another world where he is given clues to find missing treasures from his own world and take part in a time travel treasure hunt. Based on the award winning book 'Finders Keepers' by Emily Rodda

How I found it: "stratigraphy" to narrow down country and decade (I knew it was Australian and broadcasted roughly at the same time as Pugwall), IMDb power search for the list, and some patience and luck to spot out the right title among 300+. Thank you internet!

This one might be Australian, as the channel where I used to see this seemed to buy most of its material from Australia.

In the hall of a mall there is a large, bizarre clock that strikes the time hourly by animating a life-size dummy of a man in a black suit and a metal mask. The dummy strikes a cymbal with his knuckles, producing a very distinctive sound. The clock is prominent in every episode, and central to the plot of the story.

A kid often goes there with his mother, dreaming of owning a computer (at some point he gets kicked out of a computer shop for playing "Altered Beast" on one of the display units). In a way that I forget completely, he is transported to a parallel dimension, and invited to take part in a treasure hunt, final prize... a computer! Three opponents have hidden an item in his world, and take turns in giving him a riddle that reveals the hiding place and the nature of the item. He eventually beats the game, and gets to spend more time in the parallel dimension and learn about it. There's a place in it where, beyond a hill, a bad special effect called the Barrier (or something to that effect) perpetually rains random objects from the other dimension. There's a special uniformed corps whose agents stand there all day throwing the stuff back, which ends up reappearing in random locations.

It's later revealed that the mall clock is a special clock, one of several in the world. Instead of measuring time, it creates time. At some point it breaks down, and the protagonists set out to find its creator, so she can fix it and avert the catastrophe. It turns out it's just run out of charge. The dummy's mask hides the slot where the special battery (a glowing orb) goes; they can only get ahold of a small, marble-sized one that will not last long, though. The final "fix" consists in the creator magically merging with the clock's dummy, which walks off the clock to meet with her, and then back on.

Mystery sci-fi clip

Seconding this:

JamesieAB posted:

I remember seeing what appeared to be an American 50s/60shome movie clip of a large fireball travelling horizontally with a great deal of smoke billowing out of it. The setting was in the desert and there were a number of cars pulled over to the side of the road and people standing by them watching the fireball speed past.

I am not sure if this was a genuine home movie or some fx for a film or documentary.

I think I remember this too. If it's the same one, in one scene the fireball went past a roadsign and its hot trail slowly melted the sign. It was used as an "intermission" of sorts in the programming of some kids' TV, so it might come from either Nickelodeon or the aforementioned mystery Australian kids' channel.

hackbunny fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Jul 26, 2007

ClydeUmney
May 13, 2004

One can hardly ignore the Taoist implications of "Fuck it, Dude. Let's go bowling."

hackbunny posted:

Mystery feature-length horror movie #1

American teenager tries out a mysterious computer game where he acts out the career of a ruthless serial killer. The game interacts with the player through a "demon head" avatar, and relies on putting the player in a vivid, first-person hallucination of being the killer. The player is rated in effectiveness, brutality and morbosity (the game compliments the kid for cutting off a victim's thumb with an electric knife as a trophy). The kid soon discovers he's actually committing the crimes in real life, but not soon enough, and he must continue playing the game to cover his tracks before the police gets to him.

As things go horribly wrong (maybe he gets killed?), he wakes up from the game and discovers the game really was just a game, however vivid. So he curses at the demon head that is now complimenting him and recommending breathing exercises (I believe he angrily yells "gently caress you and your breathing exercises!" at this point)

Ending: as a revenge, he tricks the school's principal into playing the game

Extra detail: the kid had a voice-activated personal assistant software on his PC, called "Igor" (the visuals were a crude animation of a cartoon hunchback "Igor"). Igor acknowledges the kid's orders with a "Yes, master". With a creepy twist: before the kid goes out on his final game mission, Igor adds "Farewell, master" (one of the hints that It's All Just a Dream)

This one is Brainscan, I think.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0109327/

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

hackbunny posted:

Mystery feature-length horror movie #2

A guy tries to save his girlfriend's soul from hell with the help of a buddy. On the outskirts of hell (a barren desert with a highway in the middle), they are hunted down by an invulnerable demonic sheriff with mirrored sunglasses grafted to his eyes (the sunglasses are his only weak spot). At some point they get to the gates of hell, which is a cavern on a lake with a cheesy scrolling dot matrix display reading "Leave any hope you who enter here" (from Dante's "Inferno"). There they exchange some words with a damned soul who had his eyes sewn shut.
Highway to Hell

quote:

Mystery feature-length sci-fi comedy

Extremely silly movie about a woman-looking alien stranded on Earth that must get in contact with her kind. She clumsily hooks up with a TV technician (or something like that) so that she will eventually have access to a large dish antenna to send her distress call with. She "drinks" elecricity as food, draining several batteries in the guy's household.

She is extremely naive in the humans' ways and her robotic assistant (some small floating thing) continually digs through movie footage archives to document her their strange ways. For "kiss" she is shown all the usual "exotic" variants (inuit nose-rubbing, russian mouth-kiss greeting, etc.) plus some cinematic examples, and of course she has to go and try them all on the male lead (cue laughs). For "sex", some of the footage came from a hilarious B/W army basic training movie (or spoof thereof), where a deadpan drill sergeant type teaches recruits that "your penis is a weapon, and the Nation expects you to keep it dry and clean!" - if you could identify this too, you will become my hero :)
My Stepmother is an Alien

LoneWhiteMale
Jun 12, 2006

Nabeshin_Afroman posted:

Ok got two films to identify both of which are cartoons from the late 80's early 90's now bear with my as my memory is a little fuzzy on the both of them.

The first takes place in a mining colony in the future and its a bit of a rip of star wars in that it includes a lovable space rouge with a cool ship and some robots, but the main story follows a miner who finds the hilt to a sword while diggin and then uses it through many tribes and tribulations to free his fellow slaves. The king of the mines wore i think looked like baron samedi(S.P) and wanted the magical sword hilt for himself ohh and the slaves had never seen the sky and thats what happens in the end they are freed and look up to the stars.

I believe you are thinking of Starchaser: The Legend of Orin. The IMDB plot synopsis is empty, so here is the plot synopsis from Netflix:

Netflix posted:

Burrowed in the heart of Mine-World, evil Zygon rules with an iron fist in this thrilling animated film. He requires absolute allegiance from his citizenry, who are expected to be his slaves, and no one dares question his supremacy. But when Orin, a young boy with a big heart and a deep well of courage, discovers a sword that gives him great powers, a brighter future is at hand. Can Orin, with the help of the cynical Dagg, vanquish Zygon forever?

Horseface
Jun 29, 2003

Slasherfan posted:

Dyslexia :(

Well now I feel like an rear end in a top hat :(

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Horseface posted:

Well now I feel like an rear end in a top hat :(

Don't worry, he's looking forward to a Lindsay Lohan movie. :)

hackbunny posted:

Mystery feature-length horror movie #3

I have seen this a very long time ago, somewhere in the neighborhood of 20 years ago. I don't even know whether it was in color because we had a B/W TV set at the time.

There's a large haunted tree that extended its branches into a house, trying to grab or kill the inhabitants. The survivors escape the house, and witness the tree just... magically disappearing. Or something. I must have been around 5 or 6 at the time, and this is all I remember.

Two movies spring to mind when animated trees come into play. The well known Poltergeist and the lesser known The Guardian.
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0099710/
Perhaps that one?

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

Ape Agitator posted:

Two movies spring to mind when animated trees come into play. The well known Poltergeist and the lesser known The Guardian.
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0099710/
Perhaps that one?
The Guardian is too recent. If it's one of either, it has to be Poltergeist. This part of the ending sure rings a bell:

http://www.ruinedendings.com/film997ending posted:

The mother and children escape the house and it implodes in on it's self.
Witholding judgement until I see it, but I have a good feeling about this one. Thanks!

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused
Saw this movie about 6 years ago, but the production looked to be mid 80's. Due to it being seen at the house of a "lady" our family does it's best to forget, I've blocked most of the memories. What I remember is the movie was mostly a typical fantasy, unlikely hero saves the land from the evil dude, one important scene had the hero using a weapon that looked like a cross between a throwing star and one of those frisbees that have no center. The evil guys castle/lair was whit and all pointy and pyramidish. Space may have been involved at one point.

PonchtheJedi
Feb 20, 2004

Still got some work to do...

Elohssa Gib posted:

Saw this movie about 6 years ago, but the production looked to be mid 80's. Due to it being seen at the house of a "lady" our family does it's best to forget, I've blocked most of the memories. What I remember is the movie was mostly a typical fantasy, unlikely hero saves the land from the evil dude, one important scene had the hero using a weapon that looked like a cross between a throwing star and one of those frisbees that have no center. The evil guys castle/lair was whit and all pointy and pyramidish. Space may have been involved at one point.

That sounds like Krull to me. The weapon you are referring to is The Glave, I think.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085811/

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

Elohssa Gib posted:

Due to it being seen at the house of a "lady" our family does it's best to forget, I've blocked most of the memories.

What does this mean?

TheBuilder
Jul 11, 2001
Four films:

1. This was probably an English production or at least featured English/UK actors (likely a late 1980s production). Plot is something like a boy living with his mean aunt and uncle travels to a fantasy land being plagued by the evil guy. (I think his name was Cato or Kato) Hero kid's pal tags along on the adventure. Hero must kill baddie by stabbing him in the heart. I've searched endlessly with no luck.

2. I've only seen a preview trailer for this one (probably on SA a few years ago), but basically Nazi Zombies on a beach with Zombie zeppelin.

3. Another fantasy movie. I don't remember many details other than a friend of the hero or maybe the hero himself is a swordsman that spends all day drinking water from a magic well. Maybe it has wine in it?

4. Fantasy/Vampire movie. I remember seeing this one on USA or TNT years ago, two guys looking for a girl, vampire sluts in togas, post-apocalyptic world. I'm thinking this may be the movie She, but I'm not sure.

Thanatos v2.0
Sep 14, 2004

TheBuilder posted:

Four films:

2. I've only seen a preview trailer for this one (probably on SA a few years ago), but basically Nazi Zombies on a beach with Zombie zeppelin.

Sounds like Worst Case Scenario. The preview trailer is probably all you'll ever see of it.

Crocuta
Nov 6, 2004
wakkawa

TheBuilder posted:

1. This was probably an English production or at least featured English/UK actors (likely a late 1980s production). Plot is something like a boy living with his mean aunt and uncle travels to a fantasy land being plagued by the evil guy. (I think his name was Cato or Kato) Hero kid's pal tags along on the adventure. Hero must kill baddie by stabbing him in the heart. I've searched endlessly with no luck.

Mio in the Land of Faraway seems to fit the bill: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093543/

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2dAUPGrp5c

Crocuta fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Aug 1, 2007

Thoreau Like A Girl
Nov 20, 2006

Thanatos v2.0 posted:

Sounds like Worst Case Scenario. The preview trailer is probably all you'll ever see of it.

http://www.gorehoundinc.com/
not so fast. supposedly it's still going to be made.
woot.

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused

PonchtheJedi posted:

That sounds like Krull to me. The weapon you are referring to is The Glave, I think.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085811/

This looks right, thanks

Pweller posted:

What does this mean?

Long story short, "lady" caused marital issues with my parents, and made my dad, my sister and me leave the church we went to. Due to this I try not to remember much from that time. And lady was easier to type than manipulative psycho bitch.

Elohssa Gib fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Aug 24, 2007

Donny Brook
Jul 23, 2007

Hello Ladies

Rest In Peace
Dave
(aka Donny Brook)
1963-2013
Goonspeed, friend
Okay, I just stumbled on this thread and it took me two days to read through all the posts. I'm gonna take a crack at a couple from way back that I didn't see any responses to. I might have missed something because, hey, it's late. If I'm repeating somebody else's answer, please bear with me:

Help the Hogs! posted:

What's the movie (black and white, possibly 1950s) that ends with a couple on a ship moving away from a life preserver only to reveal that they're on the Titanic?

I'm not entirely sure, but this sounds like one of the hour-long Twilight Zones that you only see during a marathon.

squirrelcop posted:

Ive been trying to find this movie since I was little.

Its about some teenage delinquents who get trained as commandos. Its sort of a coming of age story for bad kids. If I recall, the very end has them driving away from the villains place, after blowing it up and they are stopped by a cop. They smooth talk their way out and drive away, having grown up and learned a valuable lesson.
also its from the 80's
and I think at some point they are training in the woods, and the quiet/smart guy snares a bully in a trap

If you're still out there, I got ya covered buddy. It's Band of the Hand directed by Michael Mann hisself.

Now it's my turn.

Cheesey horror movie from the late 60's/early 70's, lots of "mod" style clothes. Anthology style, and I think the segues had something to do with an elevator.
The part I remember was an artist whose paintings had a kind of voodoo doll quality to them and he decided that to keep himself safe, he locked his portrait in a safe. There's no air in there, so he starts to suffocate and he takes it out. Later, a can of paint thinner falls on it and he melts. I think the ending had something to do with the characters getting off the elevator to find out they're in Hell.

Internet Gentleman
Mar 17, 2006

I'm so happy to be here.

Evil Dick posted:

Cheesey horror movie from the late 60's/early 70's, lots of "mod" style clothes. Anthology style, and I think the segues had something to do with an elevator.
The part I remember was an artist whose paintings had a kind of voodoo doll quality to them and he decided that to keep himself safe, he locked his portrait in a safe. There's no air in there, so he starts to suffocate and he takes it out. Later, a can of paint thinner falls on it and he melts. I think the ending had something to do with the characters getting off the elevator to find out they're in Hell.

Vault of Horror the 1973 follow up film of 1972's Tales From the Crypt.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070868/

Donny Brook
Jul 23, 2007

Hello Ladies

Rest In Peace
Dave
(aka Donny Brook)
1963-2013
Goonspeed, friend

Internet Gentleman posted:

Vault of Horror the 1973 follow up film of 1972's Tales From the Crypt.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070868/

That the one! The sealer was when I read the plot summary and it mentioned one of the stories had vampires. I'd forgotten about that. Thanks! You truly are an Internet Gentleman!

mikrokosmos
May 11, 2004

Excuse the bump.

1) I remember watching some German film on IFC a few years ago – looked like a fairly recent movie.

It starts out with a family heading out to a semi-secluded summer home out in the country or something like that. Later on, two youngish guys who seem harmless enough come inside but they soon drop the facade and hold up the family. As the movie progresses, it becomes clear that they are don't intend on leaving anyone alive and kill the whole family. I think at the end of the movie, it shows the two bad guys beginning the process all over again, but that could just be my imagination.

2) My dad checked this out from a library in 1992 and I don't really remember what it was about, just memories of a handful of scenes:
-The movie looked like it was made in the 70s or 80s, judging by the film quality. No idea about the setting, except I always had the impression that it took place in Brazil or Argentina, though that could just be my imagination. In any case, either everybody spoke English or I was watching a dub.
-I think the protagonist is a detective or investigator.
-Four guys are carrying a lidless casket filled with water and with a naked man inside down the stairs of some courtyard.
-There's a love scene in an apartment between the protagonist and a woman. The apartment is bathed in a reddish light.
-Towards the end, someone says to the protagonist something about holograms and illusions.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

mikrokosmos posted:

Excuse the bump.

1) I remember watching some German film on IFC a few years ago – looked like a fairly recent movie.

It starts out with a family heading out to a semi-secluded summer home out in the country or something like that. Later on, two youngish guys who seem harmless enough come inside but they soon drop the facade and hold up the family. As the movie progresses, it becomes clear that they are don't intend on leaving anyone alive and kill the whole family. I think at the end of the movie, it shows the two bad guys beginning the process all over again, but that could just be my imagination.

2) My dad checked this out from a library in 1992 and I don't really remember what it was about, just memories of a handful of scenes:
-The movie looked like it was made in the 70s or 80s, judging by the film quality. No idea about the setting, except I always had the impression that it took place in Brazil or Argentina, though that could just be my imagination. In any case, either everybody spoke English or I was watching a dub.
-I think the protagonist is a detective or investigator.
-Four guys are carrying a lidless casket filled with water and with a naked man inside down the stairs of some courtyard.
-There's a love scene in an apartment between the protagonist and a woman. The apartment is bathed in a reddish light.
-Towards the end, someone says to the protagonist something about holograms and illusions.

1) FUNNY GAMES from 1997 by crazy brilliant director Michael Haneke, who has actually just finished an American remake starring Naomi Watts

mikrokosmos
May 11, 2004

That's the one, I had a feeling it had "games" in the title. Thanks!

Fantastipotamus
Nov 19, 2002

This really isn't much to go on.. but I seem to recall a scene from what I believe to be a horror movie, and this part involved this creepy bit involving this old painting called 'Sunday in the Park', and basically, it zooms in on this one kid (I think) in the painting, and the face is very scary/distorted.

Anyone? This is the painting in question.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Fantastipotamus posted:

This really isn't much to go on.. but I seem to recall a scene from what I believe to be a horror movie, and this part involved this creepy bit involving this old painting called 'Sunday in the Park', and basically, it zooms in on this one kid (I think) in the painting, and the face is very scary/distorted.

Anyone? This is the painting in question.

Are you sure you're not thinking of Ferris Bueller's Day Off?

Fantastipotamus
Nov 19, 2002

FitFortDanga posted:

Are you sure you're not thinking of Ferris Bueller's Day Off?
Pretty sure, yeah..

I do remember that painting being featured though. :)

Killfast37
May 7, 2007
My friend and I wanted to see if you guys could help us out with a movie. I think it was made in the 80s and it was pretty cheesy. It involved a bunch of skaters fighting each other with various weapons in a half pipe. It was sort of graphic at the time. They had chains and bags full of metal hitting each other when they crossed paths in the half pipe. Any help would be appreciated because I'm completely stumped on this one.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003

Killfast37 posted:

My friend and I wanted to see if you guys could help us out with a movie. I think it was made in the 80s and it was pretty cheesy. It involved a bunch of skaters fighting each other with various weapons in a half pipe. It was sort of graphic at the time. They had chains and bags full of metal hitting each other when they crossed paths in the half pipe. Any help would be appreciated because I'm completely stumped on this one.

I've never seen it but could it be Prayer Of The Rollarboys??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killfast37
May 7, 2007

Slasherfan posted:

I've never seen it but could it be Prayer Of The Rollarboys??
I think thats it, I'll have to watch it to make sure but it sounds like that is the one. Thanks a lot.