Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saukkis
May 16, 2003

Unless I'm on the inside curve pointing straight at oncoming traffic the high beams stay on and I laugh at your puny protest flashes.
I am Most Important Man. Most Important Man in the World.

vorhese posted:

heh
I bet braking with that would feel very nasty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dfn_doe
Apr 12, 2005
I FOR ONE WELCOME OUR NEW STUPID FUCKING CATCHPHRASE OVERLORDS

Saukkis posted:

I bet braking with that would feel very nasty.

In my experience I've found that most guys who ride choppers tend to rely on the foot/rear brake.

vorhese
Feb 16, 2002

brains for breakfast brains for brunch
I bet that thing uses a quart of brake fluid.
That just SCREAMS "LOOK AT ME, LOOK, PAY ATTENTION!"

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

vorhese posted:

I bet that thing uses a quart of brake fluid.
That just SCREAMS "LOOK AT ME, LOOK, PAY ATTENTION!"

Where on earth would you get a throttle cable for that thing??

Also, it screams "MY ARMPITS ARE BONE DRY"

Fantastipotamus
Nov 19, 2002

Nothing's wrong. Nothing is wrong. Everything is on track.
I bet his cock is tiny.

vorhese
Feb 16, 2002

brains for breakfast brains for brunch
watch out for that deeeeeer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6VS6qsLJeY

teknicolor
Jul 18, 2004

I Want to Meet That Dad!
Do Da Doo Doo

vorhese posted:

heh

It looks like he's trying to draw and quarter himself, but just can't finish the job himself. :(

edit: jumping deer: holy poo poo

Revenant.Eagle
Oct 4, 2005

I know you think you thought you knew what you thought I said, but I'm not sure you understood what you thought I meant.

vorhese posted:

heh

That brings 'ape hangers' to a whole new level.

How the hell can you even be stable like that?

DILLIGAF
Nov 16, 2003

I don't know, I find it hard to take hipster/non-hipster advice from someone with a Brony avatar!
Found a pic of me from the early/mid 80's. The bike is a Kawasaki 454

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

vorhese posted:

watch out for that deeeeeer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6VS6qsLJeY

Haha, wow the video response is even loving crazier!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGJ0fJN10YY

teknicolor
Jul 18, 2004

I Want to Meet That Dad!
Do Da Doo Doo

DILLIGAF posted:

Found a pic of me from the early/mid 80's. The bike is a Kawasaki 454

Which one's you? :lol:

Trintintin
Jun 27, 2006
My first bike that I brought home Friday.

88' ninja ex500 with just under 17,000 miles. Should be registered and insured tomorrow so I can get my first rides in (On some very unpopulated roads).

DILLIGAF
Nov 16, 2003

I don't know, I find it hard to take hipster/non-hipster advice from someone with a Brony avatar!

teknicolor posted:

Which one's you? :lol:

gently caress you... it takes lots of luck to get this old when you are as stupid as I am. :D

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

campaign posters for yulia tymoshenko, either current or former prime minister of ukraine. i forget which, there's all kinds of complicated poo poo going on over there.

she doesn't restrict herself with a puny 600cc sport bike like all you weenies here.

teknicolor
Jul 18, 2004

I Want to Meet That Dad!
Do Da Doo Doo

DILLIGAF posted:

gently caress you... it takes lots of luck to get this old when you are as stupid as I am. :D

Oh keep your britches on, was just having a laugh. You still didn't answer my question though. ;)

DILLIGAF
Nov 16, 2003

teknicolor posted:

Oh keep your britches on, was just having a laugh. You still didn't answer my question though. ;)

Whippersnapper.... :argh:

Ah, those were the days. I was thin, had hair, my son wasn't old enough to think I was lame yet.

inolen
Dec 10, 2003
wall park to rear end burnout :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfvQs_x38tI

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

Slow video, but 2:00 in you can hear what may be the nicest sounding dual-sport ever. Certainly the best sounding 650cc dual-sport.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/770406/1987_cagiva_elefant_lucky_strike_edition/

Makes me miss my Monster. :cry:

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Took a movie of my Silverwing: http://www.mecha.net/bike/Silverwing%201.mpg

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

campaign posters for yulia tymoshenko, either current or former prime minister of ukraine.
Very strange. This first poster says "Night Watch". I wonder if it's referring to the Estonian group fighting to protect the Bronze Soldier statue. Weird.

Alternately, the crazy book/movie.

OrangeFurious
Oct 14, 2005

Ce n'est pas une St. Furious.

rope kid posted:

Very strange. This first poster says "Night Watch". I wonder if it's referring to the Estonian group fighting to protect the Bronze Soldier statue. Weird.

Alternately, the crazy book/movie.

Given the look of the poster, I'm thinkin' they're referring to the book/movie.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
i heard the other poster had a phrase that made reference to charlie's angels: full throttle or something.

jmiz5
Jul 6, 2005

Proud drinker of Lou's Kool-Aid. Let's Go Devils!

I've added frame pucks and a D&D slip-on exhaust. It's one mean sounding sports bike.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

I found this at the bottom of the twisty section of 33 when i checked my tires :(

I don't know if it's leaking or not yet, but be careful and give your tires a quick visual once over before you go anywhere on the bike at the least.

I tried to get some video while riding, but unfortunantly, holding the camera and riding at the same time doesn't work so well.

Warning: Turn your volume down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KA98iUDfpSc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKn9UCwfVS8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baE_kl9V0Sk

Z3n fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Aug 29, 2007

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007

jmiz5 posted:

I've added frame pucks and a D&D slip-on exhaust. It's one mean sounding sports bike.

Your Buell is amazing !!!

DILLIGAF
Nov 16, 2003

jmiz5 posted:

I think my next bike is going to be a Buell. Very cool ride you got there...

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

jmiz5 posted:

Oh God, D&D, the loudest pipes availiable, on a Buell, the loudest sportbike availiable. That thing must sound like a V-twin freight train.

Thats a sweet bike though, I have always loved the way they look, and from what everyone says, they are absolutely brilliant handlers, and a hoot to ride.

jmiz5
Jul 6, 2005

Phat_Albert posted:

That thing must sound like a V-twin freight train.

I love it. I get a reaction out of the cruiser/harley guys at the lights, and I can still ride with the sport bike crowd. It's a little of both. I'm not normally the center of attention, but I do love talking about the bike when asked--and that happens quite frequently.

It's a blast to ride, too. I've gained so much upper body strength, just trying to hold on to the drat thing when I get on it. Buell has a new bike, the 1125R. Take a look at that if you're interested in becoming a Bueller.

As for the D&D, this youtube video made me purchase it. And this is my bike (camera phone, lovely quality).

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

jmiz5 posted:

It's a blast to ride, too. I've gained so much upper body strength, just trying to hold on to the drat thing when I get on it. Buell has a new bike, the 1125R. Take a look at that if you're interested in becoming a Bueller.

Just as a random note: If you're gaining significant amounts of upper body strength from "holding on to the bike", you're doing it wrong...you should relax and let the bike sort itself out when you get on the gas, and always be light on the handlebars. Holding on tight to them doesn't allow the front suspension to work correctly. Relax on the bars and you'll find your job is a lot easier :)

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Z3n posted:

Just as a random note: If you're gaining significant amounts of upper body strength from "holding on to the bike", you're doing it wrong...you should relax and let the bike sort itself out when you get on the gas, and always be light on the handlebars. Holding on tight to them doesn't allow the front suspension to work correctly. Relax on the bars and you'll find your job is a lot easier :)

Indeed, this is also a "secret" of the big enduro guys. To be fair though, until I got used to it I had a death grip on my trials bike.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

VTNewb posted:

Indeed, this is also a "secret" of the big enduro guys. To be fair though, until I got used to it I had a death grip on my trials bike.

Everyone does it until they learn better as it's a completely natural instinct. It's just wrong when it comes to riding a motorcycle.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Z3n posted:

Everyone does it until they learn better as it's a completely natural instinct. It's just wrong when it comes to riding a motorcycle.

Just for the sake of completeness offroad folks there are some counterpoints:

Rivers/creeks
deep sand
diverging ruts(when they start splitting apart if area has alot of traffic)

And of course, any slow speed nasty offroad stuff.

And in general these circumstances need your tight hold only because an obstacle can instantly jack your wheel to full lock or similar.

It makes me think really, it would be great to grab all the offroad guys and talk technique.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?
Uploaded a video of me from early 06 on my brand new R6 at summit point race way on a damp day. I'm not exactly following the break in advice in the manual. Oh also there is a split screen view, one from my tank and one from a chase bike.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ArLQU5Wuoc

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

VTNewb posted:

Just for the sake of completeness offroad folks there are some counterpoints:

Rivers/creeks
deep sand
diverging ruts(when they start splitting apart if area has alot of traffic)

And of course, any slow speed nasty offroad stuff.

And in general these circumstances need your tight hold only because an obstacle can instantly jack your wheel to full lock or similar.

It makes me think really, it would be great to grab all the offroad guys and talk technique.

True. I haven't had the chance to do much of any off road riding, so my experience is pretty much limited to street/track riding only.

mutt2jeff
Oct 2, 2004
The one, the only....
Ah, but once you get that steering damper on, you don't ever hold on to those handlebars tight. On sure way to screw yourself is to use those bars to support your body, especially in those 'oh poo poo hang on for dear life' moments when you really think you need it. I personally would really like a technique discussion, I have been learning gobs about high speed off-road riding lately.

jmiz5
Jul 6, 2005

Calm down guys, it was a joke in reference to the torque....

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

R1 Test Ride

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lPBgtRLmIE

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

rope kid posted:

R1 Test Ride

The screams at 1:38 and one 1:42 are loving hilarious. He just about does a back-tuck off the bike at 1:58.

Fantastipotamus
Nov 19, 2002

Nothing's wrong. Nothing is wrong. Everything is on track.

rope kid posted:

R1 Test Ride

3:08.. lets LETS STick to the PUBLIC ROADS!

Jesus though, was that legit 180mph with a rider? Love the half-helmet which was likely choking him quite badly, and would have likely made me throw up. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Fantastipotamus posted:

3:08.. lets LETS STick to the PUBLIC ROADS!

Jesus though, was that legit 180mph with a rider? Love the half-helmet which was likely choking him quite badly, and would have likely made me throw up. :)

180mph on a bike isn't exactly a "legit" 180. Motorcycle speedos are about 8-9% high. Plus, I'm sure it's 2 different vids sliced together.