Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Secx posted:

2. An 80's tv series. I think it is American, but it may be British. It's about a guy that is able to morph into a panther and maybe an owl, I'm not sure. I can't remember if he was a good or bad guy.

Oh, you want some musky Manimal.
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0085051/

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6iQ-mzYRl3s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JMBosch
May 28, 2006

You're dead.
That's your greatest weapon.
Ok, here's one. I only remember a bit of one scene. It was some kind of get together amongst a bunch of adults at a house. The kid that lives in the house got all the adults' attention because he wanted to show them a magic trick with his friend. He has his friend get into a box or something, and he makes him disappear. The adults are impressed, but so is the kid because he doesn't know where his friend went. Turned out, somehow he actually teleported him or made him disappear or something. And eventually the adults get angry because the kid can't tell them where his friend is and the friend's parents get worried and the kid freaks out.

Not the best description, but it's been bugging me for awhile. Anyone have any ideas?

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

The city is alive tonight

Catrel Stevens posted:

Ok, here's one. I only remember a bit of one scene. It was some kind of get together amongst a bunch of adults at a house. The kid that lives in the house got all the adults' attention because he wanted to show them a magic trick with his friend. He has his friend get into a box or something, and he makes him disappear. The adults are impressed, but so is the kid because he doesn't know where his friend went. Turned out, somehow he actually teleported him or made him disappear or something. And eventually the adults get angry because the kid can't tell them where his friend is and the friend's parents get worried and the kid freaks out.

Not the best description, but it's been bugging me for awhile. Anyone have any ideas?

I haven't seen the movie but I know that happened in Stephen King's book The Tommyknockers.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Secks posted:

I haven't seen the movie but I know that happened in Stephen King's book The Tommyknockers.

I remember seeing a commercial for it as a kid, how does this one end? (spoiler please)

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

The city is alive tonight

Alan Smithee posted:

I remember seeing a commercial for it as a kid, how does this one end? (spoiler please)

I don't remember the ending too well but this is taken from wikipedia:

Gardener eventually manipulates Bobbi into allowing him into the ship, activates it and launches it into space, resulting in the deaths of all of the changed townspeople (and himself) but preventing the possibly disastrous consequences of the ship's influence spreading to the outside world.

Peter Venkman
May 20, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump
I saw a movie on HBO about sixteen years ago; it was about a cop that goes undercover at a high school to clear the name of his framed brother(?). He eventually bangs a teacher there, and it turns out that the shop teacher(?) did it. Anyone remember this?

A few of the details are sketchy to m.e

Peter Venkman
May 20, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump

Armyman25 posted:

A post-apocalypse movie that I saw late on USA in the early 90's. It had roller-skating valley-girls who's symbol was a happy face. Their motto was 'skate the path of righteousness'.

yeah...

That would be Roller Blade. One of the worst movies ever made.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Peter Venkman posted:

I saw a movie on HBO about sixteen years ago; it was about a cop that goes undercover at a high school to clear the name of his framed brother(?). He eventually bangs a teacher there, and it turns out that the shop teacher(?) did it. Anyone remember this?

A few of the details are sketchy to m.e

Spitballing, but could it be Plain Clothes

Talon Karrde
Oct 18, 2004
I posted this in the thread in GBS, but thought yall could help too

I think this came out in the late 80's to 90's. I dont remember much about it.
These people steal a bomb and have to drive it to some deep tunnel. There is probaly about 3 or 4 differant cars that they rig up with missiles and a bunch of other weapons. One of them drove a 18 wheeler(I think it was blue). The movie was like one big chase scene

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Ape Agitator posted:

Spitballing, but could it be Plain Clothes

Speaking of school movies, there was this one where I saw the end of it, basically there's hero guy and a chick (I would say Shannon Doherty) and psycho guy. All of them are really young. So hero guy is carrying a big rock and there's a pool of some substance on the floor. Hero guy threatens to throw the rock at psycho's feet and then when he does, both he and girl dive to the floor. Psycho guy laughs it off and goes "That wasn't (such and such substance), IT WAS JUST A ROCK!"

Anyway hero guy finds himself in a compromising situation in a metal/wood shop type place and the girl (who psycho seems to have a thing for) is implying she'll let him have her before he kills her and pretends she's gonna unbutton her shirt. She tells him to close his eyes (I said he was psycho not smart), and when he does she takes a metal object (like a hammer or something) and embeds it into his head. He falls back onto a lathe type thing and there's blood everywhere. As they leave she apologizes to this old janitor for the mess and he lecherously replies "anything for you missy" or something. So later hero guy and girl are driving along the road when a guy rolls down the hillside and it turns out to be her father. I assume psycho guy attacked him and left him for dead but I can't say as I only watched the end

Von Stroheim
Apr 1, 2006

This one has been bothering me for years.It was a horror movie from the late 70's early 80's. I think it took place in England in a huge manor house with a turret. A man and his wife move in and the husband is an artist who takes over the turret room as his studio. It's haunted by a female ghost/demon who seduces the man. The clearest visual I can remember is a glass enclosed pool or flooded greenhouse with a huge tree that has fallen in the middle. I think the final scene takes place there with a near drowning.

drat my video store for throwing out the majority of the horror VHS section.

Armyman25 posted:

A post-apocalypse movie that I saw late on USA in the early 90's. It had roller-skating valley-girls who's symbol was a happy face. Their motto was 'skate the path of righteousness'.

yeah...

Could it be Prayer of the Rollerboys? http://imdb.com/title/tt0102703/ The leads are not valley girls but the motto fits and Patrica Arquette's character was sort of a Vally Girl.

e:completely missed someone posting this title a few pages back, but still sounds like a match for this movie too.

Von Stroheim fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Sep 12, 2007

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

Von Stroheim posted:

This one has been bothering me for years.It was a horror movie from the late 70's early 80's. I think it took place in England in a huge manor house with a turret. A man and his wife move in and the husband is an artist who takes over the turret room as his studio. It's haunted by a female ghost/demon who seduces the man. The clearest visual I can remember is a glass enclosed pool or flooded greenhouse with a huge tree that has fallen in the middle. I think the final scene takes place there with a near drowning.

drat my video store for throwing out the majority of the horror VHS section.

Could it be Prayer of the Rollerboys? http://imdb.com/title/tt0102703/ The leads are not valley girls but the motto fits and Patrica Arquette's character was sort of a Vally Girl.

e:completely missed someone posting this title a few pages back, but still sounds like a match for this movie too.

No, it's the others. The budget was extremly low, like under $100.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
Here's one that I have described numerous times in threads like this to no avail;

It's about a woman.

She kills a guy at some point with the stem of a wine glass in the eye.

At some point in the movie I remember her being in the middle of nowhere (maybe)? and wandering into a house and finding a corpse in the bath tub.

At the end of the movie, she's standing on the edge of a cliff about to jump, but changes her mind. While turning around to walk away, she loses her footing and falls.

Sorry about the vague description, but I saw this movie around 10 years ago or more. I'd love to know the title to give it another watch.

Roger Troutman
Jan 11, 2007

What I do is sometimes get a tin of soup, heat it up, poach an egg in it, serve that with a pork pie sausage roll.
I can't tell if this was a fever dream or not, I saw it sometime in the mid-to-late 80s... A guy and a girl go nuts and kill everyone in a shopping mall. There were no zombies, I remember news footage from outside of the mall. That's really all I remember. At one point I thought it might have been Wisdom but it wasn't.

Aside from that, please stop calling everything with roller skates in it Prayer for the Rollerboys. That's like calling every movie with a flight scene Top Gun.

IGotDConch
May 16, 2006

Welcome to the Free City of Newark

Alan Smithee posted:

Speaking of school movies, there was this one where I saw the end of it, basically there's hero guy and a chick (I would say Shannon Doherty) and psycho guy. All of them are really young. So hero guy is carrying a big rock and there's a pool of some substance on the floor. Hero guy threatens to throw the rock at psycho's feet and then when he does, both he and girl dive to the floor. Psycho guy laughs it off and goes "That wasn't (such and such substance), IT WAS JUST A ROCK!"

Anyway hero guy finds himself in a compromising situation in a metal/wood shop type place and the girl (who psycho seems to have a thing for) is implying she'll let him have her before he kills her and pretends she's gonna unbutton her shirt. She tells him to close his eyes (I said he was psycho not smart), and when he does she takes a metal object (like a hammer or something) and embeds it into his head. He falls back onto a lathe type thing and there's blood everywhere. As they leave she apologizes to this old janitor for the mess and he lecherously replies "anything for you missy" or something. So later hero guy and girl are driving along the road when a guy rolls down the hillside and it turns out to be her father. I assume psycho guy attacked him and left him for dead but I can't say as I only watched the end

That's "Cutting Class" featuring a young Brad Pitt.

Edit: In that scene the hero was trying to throw a lump of potassium or sodium onto a puddle of water on the floor and burn up the bad guy, but it turns out it was just a rock.

Lanithro posted:

Here's one I saw sometime around 1997-99 on TV on HBO/Showtime or one of those movie channels. It's a horror/thriller type movie.

A woman moves into an apartment complex and eventually finds out that people who don't follow the 'rules' of their cult-like system get killed off. It ends up being what happened to the previous tenant.

At one point in the movie, we find out that the apartment below hers has a map of her apartment on its ceiling.

There's a scene where she wakes up and rats are crawling all over her apartment. She calls in an exterminator who tells her that he sees no signs of infestation, and tells her that her neighbors probably hate her.

Near the end, when the "Bad Guy" is revealed, he says something like, "Welcome to the Portcullis."

He locks her in a bathroom where there's a corpse with maggots crawling all over it.

Also, I think I recall a scene where she's in a room and it's filled with packing peanuts or styrofoam stuff.

And this one is from awhile ago, but I'm pretty sure this is "The 4th Floor."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0167752/

IGotDConch fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Sep 13, 2007

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice
Movie Type:Kids' Sci-Fi

What I remember: 3 (I think) kids figure out a computer program that creates an airtight, invincible bubble that they control. They make a hodge-podge space vehicle with an oxygen supply, encapsulate it in a bubble, and fly out to a spaceship. Hilarity and weirdness ensue. The nerdy kid starts making out with a female alien. It turns out that the aliens are essentially kids taking dad's spaceship out for a joyride. For some reason, I think one of the green male aliens had additional hands on his head.

I'm guessing late 80s for production, because I remember seeing this as a Cub Scout at the Museum of Science and Industry in Tampa.

Donny Brook
Jul 23, 2007

Hello Ladies

Rest In Peace
Dave
(aka Donny Brook)
1963-2013
Goonspeed, friend

Derek Dominoe posted:

Movie Type:Kids' Sci-Fi

What I remember: 3 (I think) kids figure out a computer program that creates an airtight, invincible bubble that they control. They make a hodge-podge space vehicle with an oxygen supply, encapsulate it in a bubble, and fly out to a spaceship. Hilarity and weirdness ensue. The nerdy kid starts making out with a female alien. It turns out that the aliens are essentially kids taking dad's spaceship out for a joyride. For some reason, I think one of the green male aliens had additional hands on his head.

I'm guessing late 80s for production, because I remember seeing this as a Cub Scout at the Museum of Science and Industry in Tampa.

Explorers with Ethan Hawke and the late great River Phoenix.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0089114/

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Can we rename this thread to "The movie you're looking for is Explorers"?

Glass Joe
Mar 9, 2007

FitFortDanga posted:

Can we rename this thread to "The movie you're looking for is Explorers"?

or Fortress or Nothing But Trouble?

ShadowMan024
Mar 21, 2004

Marooned in MoonLand, there there.
Been trying to find out the title of this horror movie in which a baby rips through its mother's womb for years. Here's an image of the scene: please copy and paste url into your browser.

:siren: :nws: not work safe :nws: :siren:
let's try this again

Thanks for your help!

ShadowMan024 fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Sep 15, 2007

JoeNotCharles
Mar 3, 2005

Yet beyond each tree there are only more trees.

ShadowMan024 posted:

Been trying to find out the title of this horror movie in which a baby rips through its mother's womb for years. Here's an image of the scene: please copy and paste url into your browser.

http://fi.somethingawful.com/is/img516/1230/slasherbabyrp4.png

Thanks for your help!

That URL isn't working, but I think that's what happened at the end of Demon Seed.

EDIT: Why did I go and check a plot summary after I posted? Demon Seed doesn't involve anything like this. Also, why are you still using ImageShack?

JoeNotCharles fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Sep 15, 2007

ShadowMan024
Mar 21, 2004

JoeNotCharles posted:

Also, why are you still using ImageShack?

My IQ is in the single digits. My apologies. Anyway, I uploaded to waffleimages and the image loaded correctly when I tested it in the post.

Thanks for your help.

Triplicate
Apr 29, 2003

by Lowtax

ShadowMan024 posted:

let's try this again

Thanks for your help!
Might be Dr. Giggles. I think it's a flashback scene in the middle of the movie but I haven't seen it in 10-12 years.

ShadowMan024
Mar 21, 2004

Triplicate posted:

Might be Dr. Giggles. I think it's a flashback scene in the middle of the movie but I haven't seen it in 10-12 years.

It is indeed Dr. Giggles! Thank you so much.

Rob was taken
Mar 8, 2006

Wreath of Barbs posted:

I saw this one movie years back, and I don't remember if it was good or not actually, but I just can't seem to verify it even existing. The most about the plot I can remember is some guy works the night shift at a gas station and ends up meeting this guy who takes him clubbing and to some really sketchy clubs. In the end, all goes bad and he tries to shoot the guy, who turns out to be the personification of Satan. All through this, the main guy's girlfriend is begging him to stop living this new nightlife.

Just from what I vaguely remember, it may have been some cheap HBO b-movie, but I'd really like to confirm what it was. Any ideas?

I believe this is "Shadow Hours"

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

There was a French movie I'd say is about 3-4 years old, it was about a couple who witnesses a prostitute getting beaten up by her pimp (I think) and the woman vows to help her.

Also, there was a recent British horror movie that was sort of like a slapstick Hostel only it was a team-building camp for employees, and one scene a guy fires a missile only to have it fly back at him

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Alan Smithee posted:

Also, there was a recent British horror movie that was sort of like a slapstick Hostel only it was a team-building camp for employees, and one scene a guy fires a missile only to have it fly back at him

Severence

Glass Joe
Mar 9, 2007
All right, this one has been bugging me for years and I don't really expect an answer, but here goes:

I saw this movie(?) in the mid '80s. The scene I recall was set on a train being pulled by an old steam engine through what was possibly a jungle or forest; I got the distinct impression this was in South or Central America somewhere. There was a young girl on this train who, although she was allowed in the engine with the conductor, was evidently bored or something and presses a button that causes the front wheels of the engine to derail. Her excuse was something to the effect of "I just wanted to play".

Any ideas?

Lanithro
Aug 31, 2006

IGotDConch posted:

And this one is from awhile ago, but I'm pretty sure this is "The 4th Floor."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0167752/

Haha, yes! This was it. Thanks.

nikki-jazz
Jan 11, 2005

papa's got a brown new robe...
OK there is a war movie from the 70s where there is a dude with a beard and he drives a tank, and he is eccentric....and he has goggles i think...there might be blowing up of a railroad involved....HELP?!

Glass Joe
Mar 9, 2007

nikki-jazz posted:

OK there is a war movie from the 70s where there is a dude with a beard and he drives a tank, and he is eccentric....and he has goggles i think...there might be blowing up of a railroad involved....HELP?!

Kelly's Heroes, maybe?

Donald Sutherland plays a bearded tank driver in this one, but the plot revolves around stealing a load of gold bullion from a French bank during WWII

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
I would be forever grateful for this one.

EDIT: I viewed this on television, I believe. Several years ago. I'm a senior in college now, and this was watched in high school at the latest, and possibly when I was in middle school.

A middle-aged mom and a younger girl, maybe her daughter, are driving. The woman is a non-descript mom, and the younger girl is a pudgy, kind of punker looking girl. They are driving and getting along and joking, but the mom hits an animal in the road, I think. She stops the car to get out. When she goes back, the young girl is in the driver's seat and the door is locked. The mom wants to get in, but the young girl won't open the door, taunts her a bit, then drives off. The woman walks to a police station to explain what happens, then is inexplicably thrown into a jail cell and raped by a police officer. A man in the next cell reaches through the bars, knocks the cop out, then takes his keys and releases himself, taking the woman as his hostage. They meet up with another woman who asks the mom-type "So are you his new girl?" to which she breaks down and starts crying. I stopped it there because I couldn't make head nor tails of the goddamn thing.

Crescent Wrench fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Sep 16, 2007

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
The film was black & white, and was made decades ago.

There was absolutely no narrative, the entire movie was just footage of machines in a factory. Even Koyaanisquatsi had more narrative than this movie.

Ring any bells?

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Steve Yun posted:

The film was black & white, and was made decades ago.

There was absolutely no narrative, the entire movie was just footage of machines in a factory. Even Koyaanisquatsi had more narrative than this movie.

Ring any bells?
Man with a Movie Camera?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
I don't think so... as far as I recall, every single shot was of factory machines doing stuff. Pressing, rotating, conveyor belts moving, etc.

Encryptic
May 3, 2007

AKMoose posted:

I would be forever grateful for this one.

EDIT: I viewed this on television, I believe. Several years ago. I'm a senior in college now, and this was watched in high school at the latest, and possibly when I was in middle school.

:words:

This sounds like the plot to a really bad Lifetime movie, though I'm drawing a blank as to what the hell it would be called.

Thanatos v2.0
Sep 14, 2004

Encryptic posted:

This sounds like the plot to a really bad Lifetime movie, though I'm drawing a blank as to what the hell it would be called.

Speaking of which, does anyone know the name of the tv movie, I'm assuming from Lifetime, about a woman who keeps getting raped by ghosts?

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
If there was a graphic rape, that was The Entity. Rough movie to watch. :(
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0082334/

Thanatos v2.0
Sep 14, 2004

Ape Agitator posted:

If there was a graphic rape, that was The Entity. Rough movie to watch. :(
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0082334/

The name doesn't sound familiar, and it seems like far too many people on imdb are taking this movie more seriously than they should, since I remember the movie being incredibly cheezy. Still how many movies like this can there be?

I only caught the second half of the movie. Near the end, do they try freezing the ghost in a box, or something like that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Thanatos v2.0 posted:

I only caught the second half of the movie. Near the end, do they try freezing the ghost in a box, or something like that?

They "remake" her bedroom in a large hall surrounded by a plastic box like cage in order to trap the Entity. I'd say that's close, but it's the sort of thing that several movies might have something similar as a conclusion. Can't say for sure.

Here's some screenshots
http://www.dvdresurrections.com/MovieReview_TheEntity.html
and a trailer
http://www.liberatedfilms.com/film-64561-The%20Entity%20-%20Trailer

Again, the ending you mention sounds right (and I can't find a screenshots of the finale) but it's the sort of thing they might use in another poltergeist movie.