Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

belikeron
Mar 11, 2007
Let bombs explode, cause that's what they do
I wanted the head, but the price on this was just too good to pass up, next stop is taking it down to get the poo poo modded out of it. I tried to blur out the graininess of my cellphones camera, but failed miserably, oh well.

I quickly realized that it was a lot louder then I thought it would be. Since my 112 had so many tone adjustments, I haven't had to really use the one on my guitar, not the case with the valve jr.

I was thinking of routing it through my 112 and using its 12 inch speaker isntead of the 8 inch that it comes with. Maybe I will split it and use both =p

Anyone have any experience with the various gain mods for the jr, and can recommend some?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AstroZamboni
Mar 8, 2007

Smoothing the Ice on Europa since 1997!

External Organs posted:

That's fukken sweet :hellyeah:

Here are some pictures of my new flat top mandolin

And since my other mandolin is the one that started the thread...

:whatup:

I bow down before the pure sex of your mandolins. Seriously, those (especially the A-style archtop) are giving me a boner.

Question: Why are the treble strings on the archtop criss-crossed between the tailpiece and the bridge?

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

AstroZamboni posted:

Question: Why are the treble strings on the archtop criss-crossed between the tailpiece and the bridge?

I wasn't paying attention when stringing it! :pseudo:

Doesn't help or hinder anything

Pre-Cambrian Syndrome
Jan 6, 2006

JohnnySmitch posted:

Just got this for my birthday a couple weeks ago:

I've only just begun to explore the things this pedal is capable of. Absolutely love it though. I wish I had 4 similar amps to run the 4 head delay through too, just cause I could.

This is my own most recent purchase aswell. In every way a phenomenal pedal.

Running the 4 outputs through a PA (because no one has four similair amps) and panning them out left and right loving owns.

Also, to the guy thinking about getting a fourtracker. Do it. You'll never have as much fun recording stuff.

AstroZamboni
Mar 8, 2007

External Organs posted:

I wasn't paying attention when stringing it! :pseudo:

Doesn't help or hinder anything

By the way, do you have a shot that shows the tailpiece on the flattop? Those customized tailpieces are absolutely beautiful, and really make the whole thing pop (visually, that is).

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
Just got my first new guitar after owning a starter package guitar for the last 5 years.

It's so awesome :)

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
I'm leaving for the big city tomorrow to find one of these...

kahm
May 13, 2004

what's goin' on in this fridge

Handen posted:

That is so hosed. Tell me more.

dephconn
Oct 10, 2003

kahm posted:

I think it's one of musiciansfriend's line of special gibsons

qball
Aug 1, 2002

You could go and have a bite, and you'd still be hearin' that one.

kahm posted:

Part of Gibson's Guitar of the Week thing they're doing this year and one of the more interesting things to come out of it.

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

qball posted:

Part of Gibson's Guitar of the Week thing they're doing this year and one of the more interesting things to come out of it.

:ssh: They only make 400 of each guitar, and two of the stores I've talked to have one on the way... I'm hoping I can commandeer one of them with a prepayment and then try it out in a week or two.

the wizards beard
Apr 15, 2007
Reppin

4 LIFE 4 REAL
Isn't that the rip of the cardboard guitar the security guy had in the Breaking the Law video?

AstroZamboni
Mar 8, 2007

Handen posted:

Its a FedEx logo you can plug into an amp!

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

AstroZamboni posted:

Its a FedEx logo you can plug into an amp!

What if I attach a metal stand or post to the bottom and play it like an upright bass, or use it as a novelty hat tipper/something to stab someone with?

the wizards beard posted:

Isn't that the rip of the cardboard guitar the security guy had in the Breaking the Law video?

Haha you're right, I'd never seen that before. :)

XYZAB fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Sep 16, 2007

Idiot Wind
Sep 10, 2007

We hope anyone sees you again...
First time guitar player here, with a little experience playing banjo and ukulele. I just started college, and my roommate has a Yamaha acoustic guitar. Of course, that meant I started learning scales and chords while he was out (with his permission) and just couldn't resist buying my own guitar. I've only had it for a few days now, and I'm loving every minute of it. It's an Ibanez AX120 Artist, like this one (sorry about the stock picture, I don't own a camera...):

Only problem I've had thus far was with my amp (I bought a cheap belt-clip amp because I live in a dorm). The Danelectro Honeytone amps look sexy, but they're of dubious quality; mine has a busted speaker right out of the box. Gonna return it and get one of the Marshall ones.

Also, big thanks to fwoomph, who showed me this forum (as well as that amazing mandolin :swoon: ).

Edit: grammars

Backup Snacks
Jan 27, 2006

WHO THE FUCK TOLD ME NOT TO SPOKE?

My dad won a radio contest for concert tickets and what he thought was an Epiphone. Turns out it was a Gibson Les Paul Studio. Since he already has a Fender Strat he's gonna give me the Les Paul. I'm stoked :)

JohnnySmitch
Oct 20, 2004

Don't touch me there - Noone has that right.
^ You lucky bastard. Congratulations.

Van Dis
Jun 19, 2004

ep!c posted:

My dad won a radio contest for concert tickets and what he thought was an Epiphone. Turns out it was a Gibson Les Paul Studio. Since he already has a Fender Strat he's gonna give me the Les Paul. I'm stoked :)

That isn't even in the same universe as fair. Enjoy it!

Van Dis fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Apr 2, 2019

Evil the Cat
Oct 18, 2001

make that shit sound like rock music!
dp158 and dp102

MUAH!

the wizards beard
Apr 15, 2007
Reppin

4 LIFE 4 REAL

Evil the Cat posted:

dp158 and dp102

MUAH!

Install these and post clips in the humbucker thread.

Shatwag
Jan 26, 2003

Laura Croft who?
Ibanez SZ720FM

Telthos
Oct 1, 2006
I want this next but its not in production anymore. Anyone know where I can get one?
Spector Legend 5 Classic Black Cherry:

Ghostpilots
Sep 24, 2004

Vigilant Sidekick

Telthos posted:

I want this next but its not in production anymore. Anyone know where I can get one?
Spector Legend 5 Classic Black Cherry:

Right here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Spector-Legend-...1QQcmdZViewItem

Act quick, theres no bidding on this one

FlossMan
Oct 19, 2005

No, I can't. Too much hair.
$239 "as-is." What was wrong with it? Needed new power tubes. That's it.

And, yes, I've jumpered the channels. I like how it sounds. :D

pimpology 101
Aug 6, 2006
Pimpin' ain't easy.

FlossMan posted:

Wow, you lucky son of a bitch, I love bassman amps.
That's a steal at that price. You should post some clips.

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

FlossMan posted:

I just did this to my Bassman 70 and I now have Cream era Clapton, with the master volume only at 4 (both channels maxed)

Is this going to kill my amp?

shazzbat
Aug 29, 2003

Listen closely, people of the Chikara.
Nevermind

shazzbat fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Sep 23, 2007

Black Sheep Boy
Sep 6, 2006

Black Sheep Boy fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Sep 18, 2020

Engine Fortegue
Feb 1, 2004

strap me down they must sedate me

poke me prod me irritate me

FlossMan posted:

How does this work, and what does it do, exactly?

triteon
Feb 20, 2005

I got this Artcore a month or two ago

and this is my new Mesa Explorer 5:25. It's pretty alright

FlossMan
Oct 19, 2005

Engine Fortegue posted:

How does this work, and what does it do, exactly?

From what I understand, it cascades the channels into each other. You get a bit more saturation, and both sets of tone controls affect each other. It makes the sound a bit more "complex" to my ears.

Chows
Apr 13, 2002

FlossMan posted:

From what I understand, it cascades the channels into each other. You get a bit more saturation, and both sets of tone controls affect each other. It makes the sound a bit more "complex" to my ears.

The two inputs for each channel are connected in parallel, so it's the same as if you had a y-split cable from your guitar. The channels aren't cascaded but you are running them both at once.

accident sorry :(
Dec 11, 2002
I'm stupid*
My Dave Copley Delrin Flute:

FlossMan
Oct 19, 2005

Chows posted:

The two inputs for each channel are connected in parallel, so it's the same as if you had a y-split cable from your guitar. The channels aren't cascaded but you are running them both at once.

Okay, this. I feel like an idiot. :downs:

shazzbat
Aug 29, 2003

Listen closely, people of the Chikara.

Picked this vintage black LTD EC-1000 up for $799 yesterday. I love everything about this guitar.

I can also get more pictures if anyone cares

Run Dodo Run
Oct 7, 2006

shazzbat posted:

Picked this vintage black LTD EC-1000 up for $799 yesterday. I love everything about this guitar.

I can also get more pictures if anyone cares

I would like some more pictures, I love the black with gold trim Eclipses :)

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

Handen posted:

You mean to tell me my dream guitar actually exists?

100% seriousness, I drew up sketches of a reverse flying V in high school. I wanted one SO BADLY.

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
I seem to have a bit of a confusing situation.

I went up to Long & McQuade in Calgary on Sept 15th to see if I could pick up a Reverse Flying V, and they told me they had two on order, one of which was in transit, and that if I put down any amount of money as a sort of "commit-to-buy" thing, that they'd put the one in transit away for me until I could come pick it up and pay for the rest of it.

So I put down $50 and they said they'd give me a call when it came in.

Flash forward to last saturday, the 22nd, I call up to the store, anxious to know whether or not it came in. They said it had, but they had "forgotten" to mention while I was at the store someone ordered that one in June. Okay, so I'm second in line, despite what I was told. So I asked about the other one on order, to which they say another guy came in a week before me and placed his order for one. Okay, What the gently caress?

These details weren't mentioned to me while I was in the store in person, in fact, I was assured that I was on the top of the list.

Which leads me to my second point; While I was discussing the guitar with the employees behind the counter, I heard one mention to the other that someone they work with was apparently looking to buy one. Which leads me to believe the employees are dicking me out of a guitar to get their hands on one while somehow pushing me farther down the list.

Has anything like this ever happened to anyone else before? I've got half the mind to drive the 200km back to Calgary to have a discussion with the manager about it, just to clear it up for me (I don't want to do it over the phone), but I'm not sure if it's justified or if I'm just being a neurotic guitar nerd. Any opinion on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

so... guess that's it, huh? just... don't say i didn't warn you.
Sup Alberta music goon? 200 Km? Are you in the Edmonton general area?

Eh, you'll get it eventually. The employees probably aren't trying to dick you around but they should pay more attention to why things are on order. Hopefully they can get another one quick, I know a guy who's (custom of course) Jackson took 6-7 months to get in with no fault on the music store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

Weird BIAS posted:

Sup Alberta music goon? 200 Km? Are you in the Edmonton general area?

Eh, you'll get it eventually. The employees probably aren't trying to dick you around but they should pay more attention to why things are on order. Hopefully they can get another one quick, I know a guy who's (custom of course) Jackson took 6-7 months to get in with no fault on the music store.

Nah, I'm in Lethbridge.

I'm just in a huff about this because the guitars are limited to 400 in total for the entire world and nobody seems to knows what the hell is going on with them.

Long and McQuade has two more on order apparently, with no assurance that there are actually any more being shipped, and Guitarworks on Mcloed Trail told me if I put down a 50% layaway fee I could be entered into the "lottery" if Gibson chooses to send them one, so I said I'd do that only to be told that they don't know how much the guitar is selling for "but they'll look into it". :argh:

L&M has them for $960 before tax, which is great, even less than the online (and now sold out) dealers were selling them for! Guitarworks says they're somewhere around $1300-$1400, but he didn't know for sure so I couldn't do that 50% layaway thing. Anyway, enough ranting.

Is it reasonable to haggle a price over the phone for a guitar that hasn't arrived and most likely won't?